CAJUN BEEF CASSEROLE
Your little ones who refuse to eat veggies won't complain one bit when you bring this cheesy casserole with a cornbread crust to the table. For picky eaters, try using less Cajun seasoning. -Kelly Ciepluch, Kenosha, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions. Spread into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish., In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes, vegetables, tomato paste and seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Pour over batter. Sprinkle with cheese., Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with onions., Freeze option: Omit onion topping. Cool baked casserole; wrap and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Sprinkle cooked casserole with onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 449 calories, Fat 19g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 111mg cholesterol, Sodium 916mg sodium, Carbohydrate 46g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
This is one of my husband's and father's favorite version of Jambalaya. It is low fat and good for people watching their diet. This came from a Low-Fat, Good-Food cook book
Provided by Jacie
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oil in a 12 to 14 inch frying pan over medium heat. Add your Canadian bacon and chicken, cook stirring often until browned on all sides, this takes about 6 minutes Then transfer the meat using a slotted spoon into a casserole pan (4-5 quart).
- Next add onion, garlic, bell peppers, and celery to hot frying pan, cook until onions are soft (about 10 minutes). Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, bay leaves, thyme, white pepper, cayenne, and parsley; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce boils. Boil gently, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Finally pour sauce over meats, stir in rice and broth. Cover and bake at 375°F oven until rice is tender to bite (about 45 minutes).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 483.1, Fat 8.1, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 84.9, Sodium 681.3, Carbohydrate 58.5, Fiber 5.9, Sugar 10.8, Protein 43.5
RAJUN' CAJUN CASSEROLE
This is a good spicy shrimp, sausage, and rice dish. You can control the heat by adjusting the amount of spices used. From Southen Living.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute smoked sausage over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Add the onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic; saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, cajun seasoning, and cayenne pepper; stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil; stir in rice; cover; lower heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in shrimp; cook 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 405.1, Fat 17.7, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 177.9, Sodium 1531.6, Carbohydrate 33.4, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 2.6, Protein 26
CAJUN-STYLE BRUNCH BAKE
It's so handy to fix this hearty breakfast casserole the night before and refrigerate it until morning. "It was given to me by a co-worker and has turned out to be a family hit!" relates Kathie Deusser of Church Point, Louisiana. "I adapted it to our tastes, adding onion, potato and Cajun seasoning. We often invite family and friends to share it with us. Serve it with your favorite fruits, coffee and juice."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. , Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 427 calories, Fat 26g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 265mg cholesterol, Sodium 1254mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
More about "cajun casserole recipes"
SPICY CAJUN CASSEROLE RECIPE - EVERYDAY DISHES
Servings 8-10Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DinnerCalories 365 per serving
- Place a rack in the center of the oven then preheat to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 qt casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside. Please note that this recipe requires 3 cups of cooked rice. If you do not have any left over rice in the refrigerator, now is the time to start cooking it—1 cup uncooked rice will yield approximately 3 cups cooked rice.
- Melt butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the sliced sausage and cook for about 5 minutes until it has browned slightly.
- Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper and celery to the skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, sprinkle the creole seasoning and flour over the sausage and vegetables then stir to combine. Once the flour has completely coated the mixture and no dry flour remains, pour in the chicken broth and stir until a smooth sauce forms. Bring the mixture to a boil, then immediately reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes.
10 BEST CAJUN CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
RAGIN' CAJUN CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (2)Servings 4
- Sauté smoked sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil, and stir in rice; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in shrimp; cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
10 BEST CAJUN BREAKFAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAJUN CHICKEN CASSEROLE - EASY DINNER IDEAS
THE BEST CAJUN CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE - RECIPEMAGIK
CAJUN CABBAGE CASSEROLE - ACADIANA TABLE
24 ULTIMATE CASSEROLE RECIPES - PAULA DEEN
CAJUN DIRTY RICE CASSEROLE - PLAIN CHICKEN
20 AUTHENTIC CAJUN DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
25 EASY CAJUN RECIPES FOR A TASTE OF LOUISIANA - INSANELY …
26 CAJUN RECIPES FROM THE BIG EASY – THE KITCHEN …
15+ SOUTHERN CASSEROLES FOR SUPPER | ALLRECIPES
47 CAJUN AND CREOLE FAVORITES | SOUTHERN LIVING
CAJUN EGGPLANT CASSEROLE WITH SHRIMP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
CHICKEN BACON RANCH CASSEROLE + VIDEO (MAKE AHEAD FRIENDLY!)
CAJUN AND CREOLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CABBAGE CASSEROLE WITH CHEESE SAUCE - REALCAJUNRECIPES.COM
CAJUN AND CREOLE RECIPES
CASSEROLE RECIPES AND QUICHE RECIPES
EASY CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA CASSEROLE | PRACTICALLY HOMEMADE
30 HOTTEST EASY CAJUN RECIPES YOU EVER KNOW!
KETO CAJUN CRAB CASSEROLE - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
CAJUN CASSEROLES RECIPES
20 BEST RICE CASSEROLE RECIPES - COMFORTABLE FOOD
CAJUN CASSEROLE WITH ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE - CREOLE CONTESSA
CAJUN HASH BROWN CASSEROLE - PLAIN CHICKEN
27 EXCITING CAJUN RECIPES THAT WILL IMPRESS YOUR GUESTS!
CAJUN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - TIPHERO
CAJUN CASSEROLE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RAGIN' CAJUN CASSEROLE RECIPE
CAJUN SHRIMP CASSEROLE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
HASH BROWN CASSEROLE - CAJUN COOKING SCHOOL
CAJUN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
15 JUSTIN WILSON RECIPES BRINGING CAJUN COOKING TO HUNGRY HOMES
CAJUN CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
CAJUN CHICKEN & SAUSAGE CASSEROLE - EASY FAMILY DINNER
53 EASY AND TASTY CAJUN CASSEROLE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
CAJUN BEEF CASSEROLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CHEESY CAJUN PASTA CASSEROLE - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
CAJUN CORN CASSEROLE | TONY CHACHERE'S
CAJUN BEEF CASSEROLE | 12 TOMATOES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #casseroles #main-dish #poultry #american #cajun #southern-united-states #oven #easy #low-fat #chicken #dietary #spicy #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #comfort-food #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #meat #chicken-breasts #taste-mood #equipment #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love