CAJUN SAUSAGE PASTA
If you can stand a little "heat", stay in the kitchen and cook up this zesty Cajun entree send in by Crystal Leach of Columbia, South Carolina. "This dish has a nice 'kick', and the peppers perk up tis flavor and appearance. For variety, substitute chicken for the sausage," she suggests.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add broth and wine. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Reduce heat. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, cumin, cayenne and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes., Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook sausage and peppers over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and peppers are tender; drain. Stir in the tomato mixture. Serve over pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 555 calories, Fat 11g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 41mg cholesterol, Sodium 987mg sodium, Carbohydrate 65g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
ONE-POT CAJUN CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE ALFREDO PASTA
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large, covered cooking pot over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in the hot oil, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add sausage to the pot and continue to cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes more. Stir in garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, heavy cream, pasta, and Cajun seasoning. Stir together and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the pot, and cook until pasta is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese. Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional Cajun seasoning if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 723.1 calories, Carbohydrate 22.4 g, Cholesterol 163.2 mg, Fat 52.9 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 38.6 g, SaturatedFat 22.1 g, Sodium 1706.5 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
CAJUN CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE PASTA
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breast with 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, or to taste.
- Grill chicken breast and pork sausage on the preheated grill until browned and no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut chicken and sausage into bite-size pieces.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the farfalle pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, and garlic in hot butter until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir chicken and sausage pieces into vegetables, reduce heat to medium-low, and pour 1 cup half-and-half into skillet. Stir to combine.
- Mix cornstarch into remaining 1/2 cup half-and-half in a small bowl until smooth; pour into skillet and stir until sauce simmers and thickens, about 5 minutes. Toss cooked farfalle pasta into mixture until coated; season with additional Cajun seasoning and dried basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 561.4 calories, Carbohydrate 72 g, Cholesterol 79.4 mg, Fat 18.8 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 27.4 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 628.8 mg, Sugar 16.1 g
CAJUN CHICKEN AND ANDOUILLE PASTA
- Place chicken pieces in a medium bowl, sprinkle the cajun seasoning over and toss to coat.
- In a large, deep skillet sauté the garlic in the butter for about two minutes. Add chicken and andouille pieces. Sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Add the red and green peppers to the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes, then add the red onion.
- Reduce heat. Add half and half, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sun dried tomatoes. Heat through. Add basil.
- Pour over hot pasta and toss with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 819.5, Fat 39.4, SaturatedFat 17.6, Cholesterol 138.9, Sodium 1345.2, Carbohydrate 67.3, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 4.8, Protein 46.8
GRANDMA'S CAJUN CHICKEN & SPAGHETTI
I'm originally from Louisiana, where my grandma spoke Cajun French as she taught me her spicy chicken spaghetti. -Brenda Melancon, McComb, Mississippi
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sprinkle chicken with cayenne and salt. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches. Remove from pan., Add sausage, onion, green pepper and celery to same pan; cook and stir over medium heat 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes. Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until chicken juices run clear, about 1 hour., Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Remove chicken from pan. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard skin and bones. Shred meat with 2 forks; return to pan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, 8-10 minutes. Skim fat. Drain spaghetti; serve with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 550 calories, Fat 26g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 89mg cholesterol, Sodium 917mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
More about "cajun chicken and sausage pasta recipes"
CAJUN CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE PASTA | I HEART RECIPES
Reviews 12Total Time 30 minsCategory Main Course
- Pour 2 tsp vegetable oil into a grill pan, or regular pan. Over medium high heat place the chicken in the pan.
ONE-POT CAJUN CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE PASTA - EMILY BITES
5/5 (5)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 366 per serving
- Combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, onion powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne in a small dish and stir to combine into a Cajun spice mix. Place the cut up chicken in a bowl and add the spice mix. Stir until chicken is coated.
- Add the oil to a 5 QT dutch oven or pot and bring to medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and stir to coat. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes, stirring once or twice until the outsides of the pieces are browning. Add the sausage and onion and stir together. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, occasionally stirring and scraping up any browned spice mix stuck to the pan until the onion is softened. Add the broth, fire-roasted tomatoes, and pasta and stir to combine.
- Cover the pot and turn the heat to high to bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove the lid and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through and the liquid has thickened some.
- Stir in the cream cheese cubes until dissolved into the sauce. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce before stirring again and serving.
CREAMY CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA WITH SMOKED SAUSAGE
4.8/5 (81)Calories 852 per servingCategory Main Course
- Generously season chicken with salt, pepper, Cajun and Italian seasonings. Do not slice it yet - you will be cooking it whole. Slice sausage into 1/4 inch circles and slice mushrooms.
- To make the sauce, add remaining 1 tbsp butter to the pan, allow it to melt and then cook garlic in it until slightly browned – only for a couple of minutes. Next add chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce and heavy cream and bring to a light simmer. Add Cajun seasoning, paprika and garlic powder and mix into the sauce.
THE BEST EVER CAJUN CHICKEN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE PASTA ...
4.5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hrCategory DinnerCalories 727 per serving
- In a large non-stick skillet melt the butter over medium heat and cook shrimp until no longer pink, 3 minutes a side. Set aside and cover.
BOWTIE CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
10 BEST CAJUN SAUSAGE PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREAMY CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA (WITH SAUSAGE TOO!) - THE ...
4.9/5 (10)Category Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Prep the vegetables and meat. Cut the green peppers and onions into slices, and slice the sausage (if using). Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks (on a separate cutting board to avoid cross contamination). Set aside.
- Place a large pot of water with salt, over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. When the water comes to a boil, add the pasta and set the timer for 10 minutes. Drain the pasta, but reserve 1 - 2 cups of the pasta water.
- While, the pasta is cooking, place another large non-stick pan or pot over medium-high heat and drizzle some oil.
- When the pan is hot, add the chicken, generous ¼ tsp salt, 1 tbsp cajun seasoning and mix well. Increase heat to high, and cook the chicken for 5 minutes, until it shows good caramelization (about 5 - 6 minutes, depends on the heat of your pan). Place the chicken in a separate bowl and set aside until needed.
CREAMY CAJUN PASTA WITH CHICKEN AND ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE ...
Reviews 2Servings 4Cuisine American, CajunCategory Pasta
- Add the chicken breasts and stock to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cover, letting cook until the chicken is cooked through and tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together the paprika, oregano, smoked paprika, cayenne and thyme. In a large saucepot over medium heat add the butter and melt. Add the shallots and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the spices then stir in the flour and stir to combine, letting it cook the spices are fragrant, about 30 seconds to a minute, stirring constantly. Whisk in the chicken stock and bring to a boil and simmer until the mixture has thickened. Whisk in the cream and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir the shredded chicken into the sauce.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil; add the salt and bring back to the boil. Add the penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and return the penne pasta to the pot. Add the Cajun sauce as well as the sausage and collard greens and stir to combine. Divide among serving bowls and garnish with green onion.
EASY CAJUN JAMBALAYA PASTA - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
4.7/5 (34)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 327 per serving
- In a large bowl add the chicken, shrimp, sausage, cajun spices, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, red onion, garlic, Kosher salt and black pepper in a bowl and toss.
CREAMY CAJUN CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE PASTA - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory MainCalories 990 per serving
- Place the chicken in a bowl, add the Cajun seasoning, the paprika, and the ground pepper. Stir well to coat and set to one side.
CREAMY CAJUN CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE PASTA RECIPE – COLORADO KELLY
5/5 (6)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4
CAJUN PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
4.5/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory PastaCalories 332 per serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes to sear slightly, stirring partway through.
- Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the sliced peppers and garlic. Continue to cook and stir for another 3-5 minutes until onions have softened and peppers are tender-crisp. Transfer the sausage, peppers, and onions to a plate and set aside.
- Add the diced tomatoes and water to the pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon. Bring to a boil over high heat, then add the pasta. Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low, simmering until the pasta is al dente and has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Meanwhile, blend the milk, cream cheese, Cajun or Creole seasoning, smoked paprika, and flour in a blender.
CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA | THE BEST CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE EVER
5/5 (2)Calories 635 per servingCategory Dinner
- Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat until it just starts to smoke. Add sausage, chicken, onions, and bell peppers. Season with cajun seasoning (about 1-2 teaspoons). Cook until lightly browned. Add garlic stir to combine until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, cream, pasta, and more cajun seasoning to taste, about 1/2 teaspoon. Stir to combine and bring to a boil, then cover skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with scallions. Broil until cheese is melted, golden brown, and bubbly.
CAJUN CHICKEN, SAUSAGE & PASTA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 35 mins
CAJUN CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE PASTA | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
5/5 (1)Category DinnerCuisine UniversalCalories 552 per serving
9 BEST CAJUN CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE PASTA RECIPE IDEAS ...
15 CAJUN CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE PASTA RECIPE IDEAS | CAJUN ...
CAJUN CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE PASTA | RENEE'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA WITH SAUSAGE : WATCH COOKING ...
CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA - BIGOVEN.COM
CAJUN CHICKEN & SAUSAGE PASTA | BUNS IN MY OVEN
GROUND CHICKEN SAUSAGE PASTA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CAJUN CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE PASTA RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make cajun chicken sausage?Place the chicken in a bowl, add the Cajun seasoning, the paprika, and the ground pepper. Stir well to coat and set to one side. Slice the sausage into ½ inch rings. Peel and chop the onion, then chop the bell peppers into bite-sized chunks. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet or fry pan.
How long does it take to cook Cajun Chicken Pasta?An easy creamy cajun chicken pasta with smoked sausage recipe that can be prepared and cooked by even the most amateur chefs within 30 minutes. The dish will service the whole family (4 servings) for under ten dollars and can be easily adjusted for those with special dietary requirements.
What kind of chicken do you use to make Cajun pasta?Use any kind of chicken you have at home. I used chicken breast, because it cooks faster, but chicken thighs work well too. Or use sausages to make creamy cajun sausage pasta instead! You can also use beef or pork instead, to make cajun beef pasta or cajun pork pasta. Or use shrimp to make creamy cajun shrimp pasta.
What can I use instead of Cajun sausage for pasta?Or use sausages to make creamy cajun sausage pasta instead! You can also use beef or pork instead, to make cajun beef pasta or cajun pork pasta. Or use shrimp to make creamy cajun shrimp pasta. I only use green peppers here, but you can add other peppers too. You can add veggies as well.