CANDIED PEANUTS (CARAMELIZED PEANUTS)
A recipe I found About.com under the Moroccan food section for snacks. Here is what was stated about the recipe: "Candied peanuts - or caramelized peanuts - are a popular Moroccan snack sold by street vendors and small shops which also offer roasted hummus, nuts, sunflower seeds, and other treats. Caramelized peanuts are fairly easy to make at home, but you'll need to be patient and work over a low heat to avoid burning the sugar as it caramelizes." I definitely recommend the addition of the salt if you want a sweet and salty peanut.
Provided by diner524
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Combine the sugar and water in a skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens into a syrup.
- Add the peanuts and continue stirring for about 10 minutes, or until the liquids evaporate and a sandy-textured sugar mixture coats the peanuts.
- Lower the heat and continue stirring as the excess sugar in the pan begins to melt. This will take another several minutes. Once the syrup begins to form, it will turn from clear to golden to amber. Stir constantly, and be careful that the heat is not so high as to burn or darken the syrup too much.
- When the syrup is a medium amber color and the sugary coating on the peanuts has glazed, add the salt if using and turn the peanuts out into your prepared pan. Spread the candied peanuts into a single layer to cool.
- Be sure the caramelized peanuts are completely cool before storing in an airtight container.
CARAMELIZED CANDIED PEANUTS
Caramelized peanuts are coated with a delightfully crunchy sugar coating. They're easily made at home with just sugar, water, and raw peanuts.
Provided by Christine Benlafquih
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Be sure the caramelized peanuts have cooled completely before storing them in an airtight container. Enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304 kcal, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 7 mg, Sugar 27 g, Fat 18 g, ServingSize 2 cups (8 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast hazelnuts in a shallow baking pan until fragrant and a shade darker, about 8 minutes.
- When hazelnuts are cool enough to handle, wrap in a kitchen towel and rub to remove skins. (Not all skins will come off.) Transfer hazelnuts to a large bowl with almonds, cashews, pecans, and walnuts. Line baking pan with foil and lightly oil.
- Bring sugar, water, and honey to a boil in a small saucepan over moderate heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pour over nuts and stir until nuts are well coated. Transfer nuts with a slotted spoon to baking pan (discarding syrup) and roast in 1 layer in middle of oven, stirring and redistributing nuts occasionally, until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Lightly oil another sheet of foil and put on a work surface. Spread nuts in 1 layer on foil and cool completely. Break apart any nuts that are stuck together.
The secret to making these peanuts is to carefully follow the visual cues at each step of the recipe. You want to achieve just the right balance between crystallized sugar and melted caramelized sugar.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat peanuts, sugar, and water in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is grainy and crystallized, 15 to 18 minutes. (Sugar should not caramelize.)
- Raise heat to medium-high, and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until sugar just starts to melt again. (Sugar will start to caramelize. Adjust heat if sugar begins to burn or smoke.) Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Once peanuts are coated, with some crystallized sugar remaining, transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet; spread into a single layer using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer sheet to a wire rack, and let stand until cool and hardened, about 30 minutes.
This recipe came from Linden & Michelle St. Clair, former missionaries to Benin. It's in the cookbook "From Bugs to Beans."
Provided by Enjolinfam
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Melt sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until all sugar has melted, stir constantly.
- Once the sugar is the consistency of corn syrup, add lemon juice while stirring rapidly.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in peanuts. Spread coated peanuts on an oiled baking sheet to harden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 580.1, Fat 32.8, SaturatedFat 4.5, Sodium 4.5, Carbohydrate 62.7, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 52.7, Protein 17.5
- Grease a baking sheet or line with a silicone mat.
- Cook and stir peanuts, sugar, and water together in a wide, heavy skillet over medium heat until liquid evaporates and nuts begin to crust with the hardening sugar; about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to cook and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to coat peanuts with syrup as the sugar begins to melt and darken to a deep caramel color, about 10 minutes. Tilt pan away from the heat as needed to allow peanut mixture to darken without burning. Remove from heat immediately when peanuts are deeply bronzed; stir.
- Sprinkle peanuts with sea salt and cinnamon or chili powder; tilt peanuts onto prepared baking sheet to cool completely. Break up clumps. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.4 calories, Carbohydrate 31.1 g, Fat 18 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 9.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 48.1 mg, Sugar 26.4 g
More about "candied peanuts caramelized peanuts recipes"
CANDIED PEANUTS – CARAMELIZED SUGAR PEANUTS – DIMPLE'S …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
HEALTHY CANDIED PEANUTS - FOODIE FIASCO
CANDIED SUGAR PEANUTS - FAMILY FRESH MEALS
CANDIED PEANUTS - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY CARAMEL COVERED SALT ROASTED PEANUTS
CARAMELIZED PEANUTS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
I-CARAMELIZED CANDIED PEANUTS RECIPE
CANDIED PEANUTS RECIPE - CARAMELIZED PEANUTS
CARAMELIZED CANDIED PEANUTS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CANDIED PEANUTS (CARAMELIZED PEANUTS) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CANDIED PEANUTS RECIPE CARAMELIZED PEANUTS - CREATE THE MOST …
CINNAMON VANILLA CANDIED PEANUTS - PEAR TREE KITCHEN
RECIPE PEANUTS CANDIED CARAMELIZED - GA.HILOVED.COM
CARAMELIZED PEANUTS - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
MAKE SWEET, CRUNCHY CARAMELIZED PEANUTS AT HOME | RECIPE
CARAMELIZED CANDIED PEANUTS RECIPE - SN.HILOVED.COM
DELICIOUS CANDIED NUTS : BOOK RECIPES
9 CARAMELIZED AND CANDIED NUT RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
DELICIOUS, SWEET CARAMELIZED PEANUTS RECIPE | NUT RECIPES, RECIPES ...
CANDIED PEANUTS - DAVID LEBOVITZ
CARAMELIZED PEANUTS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CANDIED PEANUTS RECIPE CARAMELIZED PEANUTS - ALL INFORMATION …
RED CANDIED PEANUTS RECIPE - PROJECTHEALTH.CA
5 MINUTE PERFECT CARAMELIZED NUTS - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
CANDIED PEANUTS CARAMELIZED PEANUTS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HOW TO MAKE CARAMELIZED PEANUTS │CACAHUATES GARAPIñADOS
CANDIED PEANUTS | RECIPETIN EATS
SWEET AND SPICY CANDIED PEANUTS - NERDS WITH KNIVES
CANDIED PEANUTS BEST RECIPES
I-CARAMELIZED CANDIED PEANUTS RECIPE
CARAMEL PEANUTS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CANDIED PEANUTS (2 INGREDIENTS ONLY) - SOUTHERN PLATE
SUGAR COATED PEANUTS | CANDIED NUTS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
COOKING WITH MARY AND FRIENDS: SUGAR CANDIED PEANUTS
SALT-ROASTED CANDIED PEANUTS - DAVID LEBOVITZ
CARAMELIZED CANDIED PEANUTS RECIPE - MGA RECIPE - 2022
CANDIED NUTS (VEGAN + GLUTEN-FREE) - RHIAN'S RECIPES
CARAMELIZED PEANUTS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CANDIED PEANUTS | A TUTORIAL
CANDIED PEANUTS CARAMELIZED PEANUTS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
CANDIED PECANS, VEGAN STOVETOP CARAMELIZED PECANS
CRUNCHY CARAMELIZED PEANUTS - PILAR'S CHILEAN FOOD & GARDEN
You'll also love