CAPRESE MACARONI AND CHEESE
An easy-to-prepare caprese mac and cheese recipe is made entirely in the oven and topped with tomatoes, basil pesto and crispy crumbs.
Provided by Pam Cooking Spray
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch or shallow 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Stir together drained tomatoes and pesto in small bowl; set aside. Combine uncooked macaroni, fontina cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese in large bowl. Place in dish in an even layer.
- Microwave 4 tablespoons butter in large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Whisk in milk, flour, salt and pepper until blended. Pour over macaroni mixture. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over macaroni. Cover dish with aluminum foil; bake 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave remaining 2 tablespoons butter in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in bread crumbs. Top macaroni with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and bread crumb mixture. Bake uncovered 10 to 15 minutes more or until golden brown on top. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 471.6 calories, Carbohydrate 50.2 g, Cholesterol 58.4 mg, Fat 22 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 20.7 g, SaturatedFat 11.9 g, Sodium 799.6 mg, Sugar 7.4 g
CAPRESE MAC & CHEESE
- In a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, salt, red pepper and black pepper; add tomatoes and mozzarella and toss until well coated; let mixture marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta per package directions; drain; place in a large bowl and add the tomato mixture; toss until well combined, allowing the cheese to melt slightly.
- Serve warm.
CAPRESE MAC 'N' CHEESE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: elbow macaroni, unsalted butter, all-purpose flour, whole milk, paprika, ground black pepper, kosher salt, baby spinach, shredded mozzarella cheese, fresh mozzarella cheese, small tomatoes, fresh basil
Provided by Pierce Abernathy
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, melt the butter over low heat until foamy. Add the flour and stir until completely smooth and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- While stirring, gradually add the milk and cook until the sauce is thickened, about 4 minutes. Season with the paprika, pepper, and salt.
- Fold in the spinach and stir until wilted. Add 1½ cups (150 g) of shredded mozzarella and stir until completely melted.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to coat in the sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella evenly over the pasta, then top with the fresh mozzarella if using. Arrange the tomato slices on top.
- Bake until browned and bubbling, about 25 minutes.
- Top with basil before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1055 calories, Carbohydrate 112 grams, Fat 43 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 53 grams, Sugar 16 grams
CAPRESE MACARONI SALAD
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Cool completely., For dressing, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, dressing mix, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella and macaroni. Add dressing; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Top with basil and Parmesan before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397 calories, Fat 31g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 29mg cholesterol, Sodium 458mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
EASY CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE
Busy day? Take it easy with this Easy Caprese Mac and Cheese. Jazz up your mac and cheese with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil in this Caprese-inspired macaroni and cheese.
Provided by Horizon Organic
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Prepare the Horizon mac and cheese according to the package directions.
- Stir in the tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, and basil. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 432 calories, Carbohydrate 59.7 g, Cholesterol 39.5 mg, Fat 14.6 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 15.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 790 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
More about "caprese mac cheese recipes"
CAPRESE MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - COURTNEY'S SWEETS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory Side DishCalories 286 per serving
BEST CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CAPRESE ...
5/5 (1)Category Dinner, Lunch, Main Dish
SKILLET CAPRESE MACARONI AND CHEESE - DISHING OUT HEALTH
5/5 (2)Category Entree, VegetarianCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in salted water until very al dente (about 2 minutes less than suggested cooking time). Reserve 1 cup pasta water and drain remaining.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes; cook 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until skin is blistered and tomatoes begin to burst.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 1 minute, stirring often, until fragrant. Stir in salt, pepper, and ricotta cheese.
CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Total Time 50 mins
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss tomato slices with 1 tablespoon of the oil, and place tomatoes in a single layer on a wire rack set in rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes, and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water before draining; keep warm.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium. Whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes. Graduallly whisk in milk, and bring mixture to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes; sprinkle with nutmeg, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whisk in provolone cheese until smooth, and stir in vinegar. Pour cheese sauce over pasta, and stir to combine. Thin mixture as needed with reserved cooking water.
- Pour half of pasta mixture into a lightly greased 3-quart baking dish. Top with half of the tomatoes, half of the sliced mozzarella, and chopped basil. Add remaining pasta mixture, and top evenly with remaining tomatoes and mozzarella.
QUICK AND EASY MACARONI RECIPES - THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - ONE POT WONDER
Reviews 12Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE | TASTY RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - BOB EVANS FARMS
Calories 400Saturated Fat 8gCholesterol 35mgTotal Fat 23g
CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE - COOKING CLASSY
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 35 minsCategory Side DishCalories 591 per serving
- Cook pasta according to directions listed on package to al dente. Drain pasta. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Once butter has melted, add in flour and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Slowly pour in milk and cream while whisking.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring mixture just to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to low. Stir in fresh mozzarella, and cook, stirring constantly until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss in drained pasta and let rest over warm heat for 2 - 3 minutes. Plate pasta and top with diced tomatoes and fresh basil.
CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (18)Calories 391 per servingServings 4
- Combine tomatoes and 2 teaspoons oil on a jellyroll pan. Broil 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to break down.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Return pasta to pan.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Add milk, salt, and black pepper, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a simmer; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat; stir in cheeses. Add cheese mixture to pasta; toss. Stir in tomato mixture and torn basil. Spoon pasta mixture into 4 (6-ounce) gratin dishes coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle panko and red pepper over pasta mixture. Broil 2 minutes or until panko is browned. Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.5/5 (8)Total Time 1 hrCategory Baked Pasta, Dinner, Mac And Cheese, PastaCalories 480 per serving
CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE - MIDWEST FOODIE
5/5 (1)Calories 557 per servingCategory Main Dish
- Slowly pour in milk, stirring until well combined. Cook for 4-5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add sharp cheddar and Parmesan to the milk mixture. Stir until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
CAPRESE MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | DIETHOOD
Servings 6Total Time 1 hrEstimated Reading Time 4 minsCalories 341 per serving
CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE | RECIPE | TASTY PASTA, RECIPES ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hrServings 6
RECIPE: THE ULTIMATE BAKED CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE | …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CAPRESE PENNE MAC & CHEESE | DENNIS THE PRESCOTT
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE ~ MACHEESMO
Reviews 22Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 6-8Total Time 3 hrs
CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE | FRIGO® CHEESE
Servings 6-8Total Time 1 hr
CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE - DAMN DELICIOUS
4.5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4
CAPRESE MAC & CHEESE BAKE - APPETITES ANONYMOUS
Cuisine American, ItalianTotal Time 40 minsCategory Main Course
ONE POT 4 CHEESE CAPRESE MAC AND ... - HALFBAKEDHARVEST.COM
4/5 (266)Total Time 1 hrServings 8Calories 592 per serving
CAPRESE MAC & CHEESE ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
Category Main DishEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
CAPRESE MAC & CHEESE - REAL HOUSEMOMS | RECIPES, TASTY ...
HOW TO MAKE CAPRESE MAC AND CHEESE | RECIPE | WELL DONE ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Caprese Mac and cheese?An easy-to-prepare caprese mac and cheese recipe is made entirely in the oven and topped with tomatoes, basil pesto and crispy crumbs. An easy-to-prepare caprese mac and cheese recipe is made entirely in the oven and topped with tomatoes, basil pesto and crispy crumbs.
How to Cook Mac and cheese in the microwave?Stir together drained tomatoes and pesto in small bowl; set aside. Combine uncooked macaroni, fontina cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese in large bowl. Place in dish in an even layer. Microwave 4 tablespoons butter in large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted.
How do you make macaroni and cheese with mayonnaise?Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Cool completely. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, dressing mix, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella and macaroni. Add dressing; gently toss to coat.
How to Cook Pasta with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese?Remove pan from heat and whisk in mozzarella then 1 cup Parmesan. Continue whisking until smooth. Stir in cooked pasta and transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle Italian bread crumbs on top then cover the top with tomato slices. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Bake until bubbly and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.