CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium sauce pan. Whisk and cook over medium heat until thickened. Poor sauce over frozen chicken in pan.
- Bake uncovered in pre-heated oven for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Baste chicken every 20 minutes while baking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 569.4, Fat 21.1, SaturatedFat 6.1, Cholesterol 145.3, Sodium 1089.9, Carbohydrate 46.7, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 43.6, Protein 49.1
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN LEGS/WINGS
Delicious! Yummy caramelized legs, kids love these! So quick and easy and no marinating required. Just prepare the sauce, pour over the chicken and pop in the oven! I actually like this with wings better ;-) VERY IMPORTANT TO LEAVE IT IN THE OVEN UNTIL IT HAS CARAMELIZED TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT. Thank you to everyone for their positive reviews! Try adding Sambal Oelek as Chef #27416 has suggested in his review. What a great idea ;-)
Provided by djmastermum
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until sauce is caramelized.
- Could also use wings or pork ribs.
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until sauce is caramelized.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392.8 calories, Carbohydrate 49.6 g, Cholesterol 47.6 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 16.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 1307.2 mg, Sugar 47.9 g
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the brown sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until it begins to melt, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, continuing to stir, for another 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, fish sauce and soy sauce. Bring to a low simmer and let cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Use a paper towel to thoroughly pat dry the chicken. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat until very hot. Add the oil. Place the chicken in the skillet skin-side down and let brown without moving it for about 4 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and raise the heat to medium-high. Add the brown sugar mixture and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits. Return the chicken to the skillet skin-side up. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake, basting the chicken with the sauce midway through cooking, until cooked through, about 20 minutes. For extra-crispy skin, transfer the skillet to the broiler for about 2 minutes. Serve over white rice with sauce.
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bring garlic cloves and milk to boil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat. Drain. Discard milk. Transfer garlic cloves to 8x8x2-inch metal baking pan. Add 3 tablespoons oil and toss to coat. Roast until golden, about 13 minutes. Cool slightly. Transfer garlic with its cooking oil to processor; blend to form paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Garlic paste can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Melt butter and 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and sauté until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes. Add vinegar, thyme, and bay leaf. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Stir in cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°F. Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Working in 2 batches, add chicken, skin side down, to skillet and cook until skin is golden brown (do not turn), about 4 minutes. Place chicken, skin side up, on large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear when thigh is pierced with knife, about 20 minutes. Spread garlic paste atop chicken halves, dividing equally. Bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes longer.
- Rewarm onions over medium-low heat, stirring often. Spoon onions in center of 4 plates. Place chicken halves atop onions. Sprinkle with parsley; serve.
CARAMELIZED GARLIC CHICKEN
Garlic, brown sugar and olive oil caramelize during baking, creating extraordinarily tasty chicken breasts.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat oven to 500°F. Line shallow baking pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet, cook garlic in oil over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until garlic begins to soften. Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar until well mixed.
- Place chicken in pan. Spread garlic mixture evenly over chicken.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210, Carbohydrate 5 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 32 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 80 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 0 g
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH CARAMELIZED CABBAGE
Chicken roasted on a sheet pan develops gloriously crispy skin thanks to the increased hot airflow from the oven that passes over it. The extra space on the pan holds cabbage and onions, which roast around the chicken and soak up its juices while caramelizing. Fennel seeds, which are often found in sausage, lend their wonderful anise flavor to the dry brine on the bird and to the schmaltzy vegetables. If you can, dry-brine the chicken overnight for the most flavor and juiciness. Be sure to save the carcass to turn into stock later.
Provided by Eric Kim
Categories dinner, poultry, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small dish, stir together 1 1/2 tablespoons Diamond Crystal kosher salt or 1 tablespoon Morton's coarse kosher salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon fennel seeds and the brown sugar.
- Place the chicken on a large plate or sheet pan and, with a paper towel, pat the surface of the chicken as dry as you can. Remove any giblets from the cavity and reserve for another time. Sprinkle a third of the spice mixture into the cavity of the chicken, focusing especially on the underside of the breasts. Use your hands to really rub the spices into the cavity. Now, sprinkle the rest of the spice mixture all over the surface of the chicken, including the bottom but especially the top, where the breasts are, and again, really rub it into the skin. If roasting right away, let the chicken sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour. Alternatively, you can place the chicken, uncovered, in the refrigerator to dry-brine for up to 24 hours; just be sure to let it sit out at room temperature for at least 1 hour before roasting.
- While the chicken is coming to room temperature, position a rack on the bottom third of the oven and heat the oven to 425 degrees. On a large sheet pan, add the cabbage, onion, 4 tablespoons olive oil and the remaining 1 teaspoon fennel seeds. Season generously with salt and pepper, and toss until evenly combined. Push the cabbage and onions to the edges of the pan to make room for the chicken, and place the chicken in the center of the pan, breast side up; the chicken should have direct contact with the pan and not be sitting over any of the vegetables. Massage the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil onto the chicken and give it a final generous sprinkling of salt and pepper (going lighter on the seasoning the longer the chicken has been dry-brined).
- Roast the chicken, rotating the pan halfway through, until the skin is golden brown and crispy, and the thigh meat reaches 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer (it will continue to cook as it rests), 40 to 55 minutes or 13 minutes per pound. Do not cut into it to check that the juices run clear. The cabbage and onions should be soft and slightly charred in spots.
- Let the chicken rest for at least 15 minutes on the pan before transferring to a cutting board and carving into portions. Don't forget to turn the carcass over and eat the two "oysters" on the bottom of the chicken where the back of the thighs meet the spine. It's arguably the best part of the roast chicken experience, and the chef's treat.
- Add the vinegar to the cabbage and onions, toss until evenly distributed and taste for seasoning, adjusting with salt and pepper. Serve alongside the chicken.
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE - (4.4/5)
Provided by Jomamma
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken. Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until sauce is caramelized.
More about "caramelized baked chicken recipes"
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN - THE GOURMET HOUSEWIFE
- Place chicken in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
EASY CARAMELIZED CHICKEN RECIPE | PINOY FOOD GUIDE
EASY CARAMELIZED CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST …
EASY 4-INGREDIENT BAKED CHICKEN BREAST WITH CARAMELIZED GARLIC
BEST BAKED BBQ CHICKEN (EASY - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE
SIMPLE CARAMELIZED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - COOK.ME …
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN - FOOD RECIPES
CHILI CRISP CHICKEN MANGO CUCUMBER RICE BOWL. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN - BIGOVEN.COM
12 BEST BAKED CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CARAMELIZED FRENCH ONION TART | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN - FAMILYFRESHRECIPES.COM
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN WINGS - COOKING WITH CARLEE
RECIPE FOR CARAMELIZED ONION AND GARLIC CHICKEN
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN LEGS - GLUTEN FREE - RECIPE FLOW
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
EASIEST CARAMELIZED CHICKEN | TASTYCOOKERY
COOKWITHMAJOR | CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN
ROAST CHICKEN WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS | RICARDO
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN - BAKED AND ROASTED
FRENCH ONION BAKED CHICKEN - THE CHUNKY CHEF
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN – ALL RECIPES GUIDE
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN - EFILRES.COM
BAKED CRISPY CHICKEN WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS & TOMATOES
CARAMEL CHICKEN RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN - RECIPES A TO Z
CARAMELIZED BAKED CHICKEN LEGS/WINGS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BAKED CARAMELIZED CHICKEN – FLO LUM
CARAMELIZED ONION CHICKEN RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED CHICKEN WITH CARAMELIZED SHALLOTS - AN EASY ROAST CHICKEN …
CARAMELIZED CHICKEN LEGS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CARAMELIZED CHICKEN BREAST - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY CARAMELIZED CHICKEN | TASTYCOOKERY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook caramelized onion and garlic chicken?Serve caramelized onion and garlic chicken with sauteed or steamed green beans, asparagus, or broccoli and roasted or mashed potatoes for a satisfying meal. Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic.
What do you need to make caramelized chicken?"You'll need a large, heavy-duty roasting pan (or a couple of smaller ones) and a very hot oven for this delicious dish," says Chef John. "The long oven time makes everything beautifully caramelized and the chicken fork tender."
What is the best way to cook chicken in the oven?Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
How to cook chicken breast in oven with breadcrumbs?Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Coat cut chicken breasts with olive oil. In a shallow dish, stir together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Dredge each chicken breast in the breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides. Place the prepared baking sheet in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.