AUTHENTIC CARNE GUISADA
A mexican style beef stew. You can also serve this over rice or noodles, but I prefer it on tortillas like a burrito. This doubles and freezes well.
Provided by stimied
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Brown beef well in a large cast iron dutch oven, a heavy stainless steel pot can be used with good results.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add stock, chili powder, comino, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 hours or until beef is very tender.
- In a separate skillet mix flour and oil together to form a roux.
- Cook over medium high heat until a dark beige color, about 5 minutes.
- Be careful not to let it burn.
- Carefully add roux to stewed beef.
- Be very careful because it can splatter.
- Bring back to a simmer and thicken, simmer for 5-10 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve like a soft taco on flour tortillas with fresh cilantro, chopped onions, shredded cheese and sour cream for garnish.
CARNE GUISADA (MEXICAN BEEF STEW)
A luscious, tender Mexican beef stew with very basic ingredients. The oven baking makes the meat extremely tender, and the cumin gives it so much flavor! This is a typical Mexican beef stew, simple, with not a lot of vegetables. Serve folded up in warm tortillas, or on rice or with your favorite cornbread.
Provided by EdsGirlAngie
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss meat pieces with flour, then brown quickly in oil in an ovenproof Dutch oven.
- Add onion, garlic, jalapeño, beef stock, tomato paste, cumin and chili powder; bring to a simmer on the stove.
- Cover Dutch oven and place in the preheated oven, baking for about 2 to 2-1/2 hours, until meat is extremely tender.
- Serve as is, or on rice, or folded into warm tortillas.
EASY SLOW COOKER CARNE GUISADA
- Combine beef, potatoes, onion, peppers, and garlic in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Toss the beef mixture with the flour mixture until evenly coated. Place the mixture into a slow cooker, and pour in enough beef broth to barely cover the meat. If you don't have quite enough, you can fill the rest of the way with water.
- Cook on Low until the beef is tender, 6 to 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365.7 calories, Carbohydrate 22.7 g, Cholesterol 77.4 mg, Fat 19.8 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 682.3 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
CARNE GUISADA (STEWED BEEF)
Among the most recognizable dishes of my culture, carne guisada will cure what ails you. Beef is slowly braised with aromatic sofrito and tomatoes, producing a rich, delicious dish you're likely to eat too much of. For those who have lived in Puerto Rican enclaves such as New York, Philadelphia, Chicago or Orlando, Fla., this is a daily staple at cafeteria-style lunch counters, as it is on the island. You can also use this recipe to make pollo guisado, equally popular and common, simply by using chicken and adjusting the cooking time accordingly.
Provided by Von Diaz
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Prepare the adobo: Combine the adobo ingredients in a small bowl, or blend in a large pilón or mortar and pestle.
- Prepare the guisado: Pat meat dry and put in a medium lidded bowl or a resealable bag. Evenly coat with the adobo and let marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature, or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large lidded, heavy-bottomed pot over high. Working in batches as needed to prevent crowding, add beef, shaking loose any additional adobo beforehand. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, flipping often to brown evenly. Transfer meat to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and pour in sofrito, adding olive oil as needed if the pan is too dry. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes until liquid has evaporated.
- Add sazón and sauté for 1 minute. Add the broth (or water), tomatoes and their juices, and bay leaves, and scrape up any browned bits using a wooden spoon.
- Nestle meat into sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, then cover with a lid and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrot and celery, and cook, covered, for 1 more hour, adding more water or broth if needed. At this stage, check the tenderness of the meat. It should start to get close to falling apart when pressed with the back of a spoon.
- Add potatoes and cook, covered, for 30 minutes more, until meat and potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- Adjust salt to taste, and serve on a plate or in a shallow bowl over a mound of white rice.
SOUTH TEXAS CARNE GUISADA
In this recipe, chunks of lean beef are simmered with fresh tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and Mexican seasonings to make a rich spicy gravy (guisada). Serve with warm tortillas and garnish with guacamole, sour cream, and/or cheddar cheese for awesome guisada tacos. If your gravy is too thin, whisk a 1/2 cup of the gravy with 1 tablespoon of flour and stir it back into the meat mixture; cook until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
Provided by RHONDA35
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Place the beef sirloin in the Dutch oven and cook until the cubes are brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion, red bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, paprika, and water.
- Continue cooking, stirring often, until the meat is tender, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309.4 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Cholesterol 80.7 mg, Fat 16.9 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 27.4 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 456.5 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
CARNE GUISADA (MEXICAN BEEF STEW)
While living in San Antonio, Texas and working at a Mexican restaurant I fell in love with this Mexican Stew. It is so flavorful and delicious that it is in my top 3 favorite dishes to make that's Mexican. Regular beef stew does not compare to the taste of this stew. I had to learn how to make it myself because since I left Texas I have not been able to find this at any Mexican restaurant, in Ohio that is. Not sure why, because if I owned a Mexican restaurant it would be on the menu EVERY day!! It is incredible and anyone that tries it falls in love with it too. Now, you can adjust this to your spicy heat level by omitting some of the peppers but they do add to the unique flavor of this stew. I just made this last night and let it cook in the crockpot on low for 10 hours. When we woke in the morning the aroma of this stew was drifting through the entire house! Oh my......I couldn't wait and had a Carne Guisada taco for breakfast. LOL This can also be eaten over some rice or even noodles too. I always eat this in a flour tortilla with some Mexican cheese and a small dollup of sour cream.
Provided by Kimberly Biegacki @pistachyoo
Categories Beef Soups
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Gather your ingredients.
- Rinse off the beef cubes and pat dry. Place flour in a bag or bowl and coat the beef cubes. Next, heat your oil in a pan and brown the meat for about 5 minutes and then place in your crockpot.
- Next, saute your onions, garlic and bell peppers. Pour your bottle of beer over the meat in the crock pot and then add your sauteed vegetable. Next, add the rest of your ingredients. No need to cut up the chipotle or serranos as they break down while cooking. Cook this on low and slow for 8 to 10 hours. Serve in warm flour tortillas with shredded cheese and a small dollop of sour cream if desired or a squeeze of lime and fresh cilantro. (This is a thick stew, so if it's not thick enough add a mixture of flour and water.)
- SUPREME TACO: Alright, now if you really want this Carne Guisada to go along way you can make a Supreme Taco and the base starts with refried beans.
- SUPREME TACO: Heat the beans in a skillet until nice and hot. Then, spread the beans out on the flour tortilla.
- SUPREME TACO: Add your Carne Guisada on top of beans, maybe 4 pieces of meat and a generous amount of Mexican cheese blend. Next, add sour cream and some fresh chopped cilantro. Now, if you are going to make this for a larger crowd make up the tacos yourself and wrap then in a square piece of tinfoil. You can get a nice big box of already cut square tinfoil at Sam's Club. When you wrap them up the cheese is going to melt and they are just wonderful.
- 11-26-13 ---Made this for Girl's Night In which was perfect for the chilli night we had here in Ohio. I served it with some Mexican rice, warmed tortillas and a non-alcoholic Sangria. We had a broccoli salad before and apple dumplings w/vanilla ice cream for dessert.
- 10/20/14 --- Cooked up my Carne Guisada in my Ninja as I had to get it done faster than I usually do with a 8 to 10 hr cook in the traditional crock-pot. I was able to cook it up in 4 1/2 hours. I served it with Mexican rice, cheesy dip & chips for dinner.
More about "carne guisada mexican beef stew recipes"
CARNE GUISADA RECIPE (MEXICAN STYLE) - KITCHEN GIDGET
4.5/5 Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Entrees & SidesCalories 606 per serving
CARNE GUISADA | COOK'S COUNTRY RECIPE
CARNE GUISADA (BRAISED BEEF) - CLOSET COOKING
CARIBBEAN BEEF STEW (CARNE GUISADA) RECIPE - THE …
CARNE GUISADA-TENDER CHUNKS OF BEEF IN A THICK GRAVY
COLOMBIAN BEEF STEW (CARNE GUISADA) RECIPE - THE …
CARNE GUISADA (LATIN BEEF STEW) - SKINNYTASTE
CARNE GUISADA RECIPE (CON PAPAS) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
PUERTO RICAN CARNE GUISADA (THE BEST BEEF STEW)
CARNE GUISADA, TEX-MEX STEW | HOMESICK TEXAN
4.9/5 (28)Servings 8
CARNE GUISADA (PUERTO RICAN BEEF STEW) | LATINA MOM MEALS
CARNE GUISADA (LATIN BEEF STEW) VIDEO - COOKED BY JULIE
CARNE GUISADA / TEX-MEX STYLE / HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN BEEF …
CARNE GUISADA (LATIN BEEF STEW) RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CARNE GUISADA (LATIN BEEF STEW) - GYPSYPLATE
CROCK-POT CARNE GUISADA (MEXICAN BEEF STEW) - ANDREA JANSSEN
CARNE GUISADA ~ BEEF STEW - HISPANIC FOOD NETWORK
PORTUGUESE BEEF STEW (CARNE GUISADA)
CARNE GUISADA / TEX-MEX STYLE / HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN BEEF …
CARNE GUISADA - JO COOKS
CARNE GUISADA RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
CARNE GUISADA RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
EASY CARNE GUISADA RECIPE • DEEPFRIEDHONEY.COM
INSTANT POT CARNE GUISADA-MEXICAN BEEF STEW - THE TRAVEL PALATE
MEXICAN CARNE GUISADA (BEEF STEW) - INSTRUCTABLES
HEARTY CARNE GUISADA (MEXICAN BEEF STEW) - THE SOCCER MOM BLOG
CARNE GUISADA (BEEF STEW) | MEXICAN | QUENCH MAGAZINE
CARNE GUISADA RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
CARNE GUISADA SECRETS | TRADITIONAL TEX MEX BEEF STEW RECIPE
CARNE GUISADA - IMMACULATE BITES
CROCK POT CARNE GUISADA (LATIN BEEF STEW) - SKINNYTASTE
CARNE GUISADA SLOW COOKED BEEF STEW WITH TOMATOES ... - TOP 40 …
EASY MEXICAN BEEF STEW TO SERVE WITH FLOUR TORTILLAS | MEXICAN RECIPES
INSTANT POT CARNE GUISADA TACOS - DADCOOKSDINNER
CARNE PICADA TACOS - THERESCIPES.INFO
CARNE GUISADA RECIPE (TEX MEX BEEF STEW) - LOVE TO EAT BLOG
CARNE DE RES GUISADA - DOMINICAN BEEF STEW RECIPE | SIDECHEF
CARNE GUISADA (MEXICAN BEEF STEW) - TOGETHER WOMEN RISE
CROCK-POT CARNE GUISADA RECIPE - COPYKAT RECIPES
MEXICAN BEEF STEW RECIPE - VILLA COCINA
INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER CARNE GUISADA - MY HEART BEETS
CARNE GUISADA | AUTHENTIC MEXICAN TASTE WITHOUT ALL THE WORK
You'll also love