BROCCOLI CARROT SALAD WITH HONEY DIJON VINAIGRETTE
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the walnut pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, until evenly toasted, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to a small bowl.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cut the broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces and thinly slice the stems. Have a bowl of ice water ready. Cook the broccoli in the boiling water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the carrots and cook 30 seconds more. Drain the broccoli and carrots and submerge in the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain well and pat dry.
- Whisk together the vinegar, honey and Dijon in a medium bowl with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Gradually add the olive oil while whisking constantly. Add the broccoli, carrots and walnuts and toss to coat.
CARROT BROCCOLI SALAD
I created this salad for last summer's round of family reunions and picnics. My in-laws provided me with all the fresh vegetables from their garden.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and mustard. Add to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Stir in bacon just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 449 calories, Fat 26g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 385mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (39g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
BROCCOLI & CARROT SALAD
When it comes to veggies, you can't go wrong with broccoli, carrots, mushrooms and onions in a super-simple salad. Add sunflower seeds for extra crunch!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Toss vegetables with dressing; cover.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with sunflower kernels just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 420 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 4 g
MARINATED BROCCOLI AND CARROT SALAD
It's easy to eat your veggies when crisp-tender broccoli and carrots are topped with bottled Italian dressing.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat 1 inch water to boiling. Add broccoli, carrot and onion. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Boil 10 to 12 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender; drain.
- Toss vegetables with dressing. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled. Serve on lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 310 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 0 g
BROCCOLI CARROT SALAD
"When I sampled this at an eatery, I was struck by the mix of sweet and salty flavors and different textures," recounts Katie Watson of Powell, Tennessee. "I asked our server for the recipe, and she obliged...adding that she often prepares it at home herself."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401 calories, Fat 28g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 708mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
VEGAN CARROT BROCCOLI AND BEAN SHOOT SALAD
This zesty carrot, broccoli and bean shoot salad fits the piggy bill, with a well coated mix of carrots, broccoli, cucumber and bean shoots that creates a crunchy tangy taste sensation that is perfect for those Summer barbecues we all look back on fondly once the warm weather has long gone and the Winter chill sets in. What I love about salads is that they are so simple; and offer infinite possibilities for allergy-friendly meals the whole family can enjoy. You can dress this salad up with some chopped raw nuts and seeds. But as this recipe stands, it is a fantastic vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free and nut-free salad that keeps me in love with raw vegetables.
Provided by The Blender Girl
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Toss all of the vegetables together with the cilantro.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients except the chilli and garlic in your blender and pulse a few times until well combined.
- Then stir in the garlic and chilli.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and season to taste.
- Garnish with sesame seeds or chopped raw nuts if desired. YUM!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147.1, Fat 7.3, SaturatedFat 1.1, Sodium 2113.5, Carbohydrate 17.1, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 6.9, Protein 7
BROCCOLI, CAULIFLOWER, AND CARROT SALAD
Adapted from Southern Living. This is easy and good! You may use packaged vegetables or buy them separately.
Provided by Sharon123
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, rice wine vinegar, salt, and ginger.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.
- Toss to coat with dressing.
- Sprinkle evenly with nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170.1, Fat 11.6, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 7, Sodium 676.4, Carbohydrate 14.4, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 6.5, Protein 4.4
INDIAN BEAN, BROCCOLI & CARROT SALAD
Stock up on your super-greens with this vibrant, healthy lunch dish with cucumber raita, mustard seeds and lots of veggie goodness
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Lunch, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cook the green beans in a large pan of boiling salted water for 4-5 mins, adding the broccoli after the first 2 mins. Once all the vegetables are tender, drain well. Meanwhile, mix all the raita ingredients together, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and toast the mustard seeds and chilli flakes for a few mins until fragrant. Add the peas, green beans and broccoli, tossing until heated through. Turn off the heat and stir in the carrots and coriander.
- Serve the salad warm (or cold for a working lunch) with a dollop of raita, sprinkled with sunflower seeds and some pitta bread, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 21 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 17 grams sugar, Fiber 14 grams fiber, Protein 16 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
CREAMY BROCCOLI AND CARROT SLAW
- Combine mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, onion and mustard in medium bowl; whisk to blend. Add broccoli and carrots; toss to coat. Season slaw to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate to blend flavors, about 20 minutes.
More about "carrot broccoli salad recipes"
BROCCOLI CARROT SALAD - A FAMILY FEAST®
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory SaladCalories 361 per serving
- Trim the ends off the broccoli heads and cut into small florets. I also peeled and shredded the stems.
- In a small bowl whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, spicy brown mustard and the kosher salt.
- Pour the wet mixture over the broccoli mixture and toss. Cover and refrigerate one hour, tossing after 30 minutes.
BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER & SHREDDED CARROTS VEGETABLE …
BROCCOLI CARROT AND CAULIFLOWER COLESLAW SALAD
CARROT BROCCOLI CRUNCH SALAD - LIKE MOTHER, LIKE …
10 BEST BROCCOLI CARROT RAISIN SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREAMY BROCCOLI APPLE SALAD | THE RECIPE CRITIC
OUR 15 BEST BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BROCCOLI SALAD - VALERIE BERTINELLI
BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BROCCOLI SALAD WITH CARROT, CRANBERRIES AND BACON | DJ …
BROCCOLI CARROT CRUNCH SALAD - FREE YOUR FORK
BEST EASY BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPE - MAMA LOVES FOOD
BROCCOLI-CARROT SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Remove broccoli leaves and cut off tough ends of stalks; discard. Wash broccoli thoroughly and cut into flowerets. Blanch broccoli in boiling water 10 seconds. Plunge into ice water to stop cooking; drain well.
- Combine broccoli, carrot, and cheese, tossing gently. Combine mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar; stir well. Add mayonnaise mixture to broccoli mixture and toss gently.
- Spoon broccoli mixture onto lettuce-lined salad plates, if desired, using a slotted spoon. Sprinkle with bacon and serve immediately.
15 SALAD DRESSING RECIPES SO YOU’LL NEVER HAVE LACKLUSTER GREENS …
BROCCOLI CARROT SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BROCCOLI, CAULIFLOWER, AND CARROT SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BROCCOLI CARROT SALAD RECIPES | BISONME.COM
BROCCOLI CARROT SALAD RECIPE - THE TIMES GROUP
ASIAN ROASTED CARROTS AND BROCCOLI - DAMN DELICIOUS
ROASTED BROCCOLI AND CARROTS - FORK IN THE ROAD
CARROT BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPES | MECOBRA.COM
BROCCOLI APPLE SALAD RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
BROCCOLI CARROT SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
BROCCOLI AND RED CABBAGE SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
CARROT & BROCCOLI SALAD WITH MISO GINGER SAUCE - DISHING UP THE …
CHOPPED THAI-INSPIRED BROCCOLI SALAD (VEGAN & GF) - AMBITIOUS …
CRUNCHY CARROT, BROCCOLI & NUT SALAD - DELALICIOUS
BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BEST BROCCOLI CARROT SALAD WITH HONEY DIJON VINAIGRETTE RECIPES ...
BROCCOLI CARROT STEAMED SALAD - OLIVE TREE MEALS
BROCCOLI APPLE SALAD - COOKING CLASSY
BROCCOLI CARROT SALAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE BETTER BROCCOLI SALAD — CARROTS AND CAKE
10 BEST BROCCOLI CARROT CABBAGE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
HERBED CARROT SALAD - SPEND WITH PENNIES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the ingredients in a carrot and broccoli salad?Ingredients 6 medium carrots, shredded 1 small bunch broccoli (about 12 ounces), chopped 1 cup raisins 1 small onion, chopped 1 garlic clove, minced 2/3 to 1 cup mayonnaise 1/2 cup sugar 1 teaspoon ground mustard 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
What is the best way to cook Broccoli and carrots?1. Whisk together the oil, white wine vinegar, honey, and mustard in a large bowl. 2. Add the broccoli, carrot, cranberries, and onion; gently toss to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hours. 3. Sprinkle with the walnuts and bacon just before serving.
What is the best way to make Broccoli salad?Directions. Whisk together the vinegar, honey and Dijon in a medium bowl with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Gradually add the olive oil while whisking constantly. Add the broccoli, carrots and walnuts and toss to coat.
What does broccoli carrot salad taste like?Broccoli Carrot Salad combines fresh broccoli florets, shredded carrots, sliced red onion, and sweet dried cranberries in a sweet and zesty dressing and topped with candied nuts. My favorite salads are the ones that combine textures and flavors: tender with crunchy; salty with sweet; zesty with mild.