When I need a great accompaniment for soup, stew or a casserole, I reach for this recipe. The carrot gives the muffins a nice texture.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 muffins.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a blender or food processor, combine remaining ingredients; cover and process until carrots are finely chopped. Pour carrot mixture over dry ingredients; stir just until combined. , Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts :
These carrot muffins aren't too sweet, are super moist, and have just the perfect amount of spice and crunch.
Provided by Shiran
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment, or using a hand-held mixer, beat together eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. On low speed and with the mixer running, add oil slowly and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla extract until combined, then turn off mixer. Fold in carrots by hand until combined. Fold in flour mixture just until combined. Don't overmix. Fold in nuts and shredded coconut.
- Fill each liner ¾ full with batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Muffins will keep in an airtight container for 4 days at room temperature or in the fridge.
AWESOME CARROT MUFFINS
I run a day care and was looking for a good snack too feed the kids with little sugar but still big on taste. I came up with these. I have made a batch of these for the last three days now and can't keep them around. Even the parents have been asking for the recipe. Frost with the Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.
Provided by MECHELLE
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine raisins and water in a small bowl. Let soak for 15 minutes. Drain raisins, discard water and set raisins aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil and brown sugar; beat well. Combine egg mixture and flour mixture; mix just until moistened. Fold in carrots and drained raisins. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes before frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223.2 calories, Carbohydrate 23.5 g, Cholesterol 41.3 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 395.8 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
HEALTHY CARROT MUFFINS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line twelve 1/2-cup muffin cups with paper muffin liners.
- Whisk the flours with the brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl lightly whisk the egg, then whisk in the vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Quickly and lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula. Stir in the carrots and pineapple just until evenly moist; the batter will be very thick. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Turn muffins out of the tins and cool on a rack. Serve warm.
- Per Serving: Calories: 179; Total Fat: 7 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 gram; Protein: 3 grams; Total carbohydrates: 26 grams; Sugar: 14 grams; Fiber: 2 grams; Cholesterol: 31 milligrams; Sodium: 110 milligrams
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179 calorie, Fat 7 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Cholesterol 31 milligrams, Sodium 110 milligrams, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 14 grams
BASIC CARROT MUFFINS
The original recipe is in the Mostly Muffins Cookbook from Company's Coming. I made them today and they were wonderful. I made a few alterations to their version and it was so good that that is the one that I am posting. ;)
Provided by Saturn
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12 muffins, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 375°C.
- Measure first 7 ingredients into a large bowl. Stir and make a well in the center.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well. Add to well.
- Add grated carrot. Stir until just moistened.
- Divide evenly among 12 greased muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with some white sugar or some streusel topping. Here is where you can get really creative. Nuts might be nice for some people. Others might want some oatmeal sprinkled on top. You could do many different toppings in one pan.
- Bake for 20 - 22 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Let stand in pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
- **There are a few variations listed in the book.
- Date Nut Carrot Muffins: Stir in 1/2 cup chopped dates and 1/2 cup chopped pecans into buttermilk mixture. The baking time may need to be longer (20-25 minutes total).
- Ginger Oat Carrot Muffins: Reduce Whole wheat flour to 1/2 cup. Add 1/2 cup quick cooking oats. Add 2 tsp finely chopped, peeled gingerroot. Sprinkle tops of muffins with 1/4 cup quick cooking oats before baking. Baking time may need to be longer (20-25 minutes total).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196.1, Fat 7.4, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 35.9, Sodium 222.3, Carbohydrate 29.4, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 13.3, Protein 4.1
Delicious carrot muffins that are full of flavour!
Provided by ChloeFrances4792
Yield Makes 12 muffins
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6/fan 180C. Melt the margarine in the microwave.
- Top and tail, then peel and grate the carrots.
- Combine the carrots, sugar and margarine in a bowl.
- Sift in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and then add to the mixture. Also mix in the nuts and sultanas.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases and divide the mixture equally between them. Bake for 20 minutes.
EXTREMELY EASY CARROT MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, apple sauce and brown sugar; beat well.
- Combine egg mixture and flour mixture; mix just until moistened.
- Fold in carrots and drained raisins.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes or eat immediately.
SPICED CARROT MUFFINS
- Line 12 cups (each 2 1/2 inches wide) of a standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, pumpkin-pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, butter, and egg. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add yogurt mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in carrots.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. (If desired, muffins can be baked immediately in a 375-degree oven for about 20 minutes.) Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes, then cover tin with plastic wrap, and freeze until ready to bake, up to 3 months.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake muffins (still frozen) until a toothpick inserted in center of one comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. and oil eighteen 1/2-cup muffin cups.
- Into a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and whisk in sugar. Coarsely shred enough carrots to measure 2 cups and chop pecans. Add shredded carrots and pecans to flour mixture with raisins and coconut and toss well.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, oil, and vanilla. Peel and core apple and coarsely shred. Stir shredded apple into egg mixture and add to flour mixture, stirring until batter is just combined well. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling them three fourths full, and bake in middle of oven until puffed and a tester comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool muffins in cups on racks 5 minutes before turning out onto racks to cool completely. Muffins keep in an airtight container at room temperature 5 days.
More about "carrot muffins recipes"
CARROT MUFFINS | RICARDO
5/5 (174)Calories 350 per servingCategory Desserts
CLASSIC CARROT BRAN MUFFINS | RECIPE
CREAM CHEESE CARROT CAKE MUFFINS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
EASY CARROT CAKE MUFFINS WITH A CREAM CHEESE FROSTING ...
CARROT MUFFINS RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
5 EASY TIPS FOR THE BEST CARROT MUFFINS EVER - MY SWEET ...
CARROT CAKE MUFFIN RECIPE FROM LEFTOVERS MAKE A HEALTHY ...
CARROT CAKE MUFFINS - CREME DE LA CRUMB
SOFT & MOIST CARROT MUFFINS (NUTRITIOUS & FILLING ...
HEALTHY CARROT MUFFINS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
WHOLE WHEAT CARROT MUFFINS ~ SO MOIST & YUMMY! • …
CARROT OATMEAL MUFFINS | CANADIAN LIVING
HEALTHY DATE CARROT MUFFINS - MONDAY SUNDAY KITCHEN
CARROT MUFFINS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
BANANA CARROT MUFFINS – TOP BREAKING NEWS!
CARROT MUFFINS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
ORANGE GINGER MUFFIN RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
SIMPLE MOIST CARROT MUFFINS - THE LIVE-IN KITCHEN
QUICK AND EASY CARROT MUFFINS - EATS DELIGHTFUL
BAKERY-STYLE GLUTEN FREE CARROT MUFFINS: SOFT & TENDER
THE BEST CARROT MUFFINS - BAKED BY AN INTROVERT
HEALTHY CARROT MUFFINS RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
CARROT CAKE MUFFINS - JO COOKS
CARROT PINEAPPLE MUFFINS | CANADIAN LIVING
CARROT MUFFINS RECIPE & VIDEO - JOYOFBAKING.COM
ROBINHOOD | CARROT SPICE MUFFINS
CARROT MUFFINS - CELEBRATING SWEETS
CARROT MUFFINS RECIPE - SAVORY NOTHINGS
10 BEST BANANA CARROT MUFFINS RECIPES | YUMMLY
CARROT MUFFINS - NO ADDED SUGAR - MY KIDS LICK THE BOWL
7 SIMPLE, HEALTHY CARROT CAKE BREAKFAST RECIPES - ACPEO
EASY CARROT MUFFINS RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SUPER MOIST AND HEALTHY CARROT CAKE MUFFINS RECIPE ...
10 BEST BUTTERMILK CARROT MUFFINS RECIPES | YUMMLY
CARROT MUFFINS RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
HEALTHY CARROT CAKE MUFFINS (SO EASY, LOW SUGAR, ALL YUM)
CARROT CAKE MUFFINS - JUST SO TASTY
CARROT CAKE MUFFINS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CARROT MUFFIN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #breads #breakfast #muffins #dietary #quick-breads
You'll also love