SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB
If you're slow-roasting lamb, it comes out so tender you don't need a knife to cut it. And when I say slow, I mean slow - 7 hours. And I am roasting the leg of lamb in the oven, not in a slow cooker. Tastes great served with Dauphinoise potatoes or mashed potatoes and vegetables.
Provided by cornishbird
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Place carrots and garlic in a roasting pan large enough for the leg of lamb. Place lamb on top. Pour in wine and lamb stock. Place roasting pan on the stove and heat over medium-low heat until liquid is boiling. Cover the roasting pan tightly with aluminum foil, using oven mitts to protect your hands, and place in the oven.
- Roast in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 130 degrees F (54 degrees C) for medium, about 7 hours. Remove from the oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Transfer lamb into a second roasting pan.
- Roast lamb uncovered until skin is crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Let rest before slicing.
- While lamb is resting, pour cooking juices from the first roasting pan into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced into a gravy, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 474.3 calories, Carbohydrate 10.2 g, Cholesterol 137.2 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 63.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 1589.6 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
SLOW-ROASTED TURKISH LAMB
This lamb must be cooked until completely tender and succulent, but if time is a concern, it may also be prepared well in advance and reheated in the pan juices to serve. Shoulder is the best cut to use, or lamb shanks. It's finished with a bright garnish of pomegranate seeds and sliced persimmons. Small Fuyu persimmons are delicious eaten firm and raw, like an apple, unlike the larger Hachiya type, which must be ripe and soft to be palatable (and would not be suitable here). Lacking persimmons, use more pomegranate. Serve it with rice pilaf, if desired.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, roasts, main course
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut lamb shoulder into 2 or 3 pieces, and place in a shallow 12-by-14-inch roasting pan or similar. Season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with red pepper, if desired.
- Rub meat with olive oil, lemon juice and pomegranate molasses. Tuck thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, garlic cloves and onion halves here and there. Place in oven, uncovered, and roast for 30 minutes, or until the top is nicely browned.
- Turn meat browned-side down and add 2 cups of water to the pan. Cover tightly with foil or lid. Reduce heat to 325 degrees. Cook, covered, until meat is absolutely fork tender and beginning to fall apart, about 3 1/2 hours total. Uncover during last 30 minutes of cooking if you want to brown the meat a bit more.
- Remove meat to a cutting board. Pour pan juices into a skillet (discard herbs and garlic). Skim and discard excess fat from surface. Bring to a boil and simmer until about a cup remains.
- Chop or shred meat into 1-inch chunks or rough slices. Transfer to a warm platter and pour juices over. (Alternatively, leave meat in pan with reduced juices until ready to serve.) Garnish with persimmon and pomegranate (if using), parsley, mint and lemon wedges. Serve yogurt on the side.
The turkey comes out moist and golden - with no effort on your part. Slow-roasting keeps the juices in. It is nearly impossible to over-bake, because the temperature is so low. The secret is NOT basting or salting. Basting or salting draws out moisture and dries out the turkey. IMPORTANT: Plan ahead: Thaw turkey in refrigerator for 1 day per 4-5 lbs, (For faster thawing, you could thaw in cold water. Change the water frequently.) Allow 1 hour per lb + 1 hour to cook - i.e. total: 21 hours for 20-lb turkey.
Provided by sjboswell
Categories Whole Turkey
Yield 20 slices, 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.While oven is heating, wash turkey in cold water, removing giblets, neck, tail and any pinfeathers.
- Rub oil over all sides of turkey.and place turkey in uncovered roasting pan in oven.
- Bake for 1 hours at 300 degrees to kill bacteria. Then lower oven heat to 180 degrees (desired internal temperature). Bake for remaining 20 hours.
- If wings or thighs begin to brown too fast, wrap them with foil. About 2 hours before time to serve the turkey, check for doneness. If necessary, raise the oven heat to 350 degrees to finish cooking or browning.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 774.1, Fat 41.8, SaturatedFat 11, Cholesterol 308.7, Sodium 295.2, Protein 92.7
SLOW-ROAST SPICED LAMB SHOULDER WITH SUMAC ONIONS
At Maydan the lamb shoulder is cooked sous vide until meltingly tender and then finished in the hearth until crisp and golden brown. We adapted their recipe for the oven to similar effect.
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Season lamb very generously with salt and pepper; place on a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toast peppercorns and coriander seeds in a dry small skillet over medium heat, tossing often, until fragrant, about 3 minutes; let cool. Finely grind in spice mill or with mortar and pestle; transfer to a small bowl. Mix in paprika, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and nutmeg, then rub all over lamb. Chill uncovered at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
- Let lamb sit out on counter at room temperature 1 hour before roasting.
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 275°F. Transfer lamb to a roasting pan and pour in 3 cups water. Cover tightly with foil and cook, turning lamb over and rotating pan halfway through, until meat is almost falling off the bone, 3-3 1/2 hours. Remove lamb from oven and turn up heat to broil (or to highest heat if you have a drawer-style broiler). Discard foil, transfer lamb to a cutting board, and pour off liquid in pan. Return lamb to pan; roast, uncovered, until nicely browned, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss onion, lemon juice, and sumac in a small bowl with your hands, squeezing onion a bit to soften.
- Just before serving, toss mint, parsley, and a pinch of salt into onion mixture. Serve lamb topped with onion salad.
More about "slow roasted turkish lamb recipes"
DATE NIGHT RECIPE: SLOW-ROASTED TURKISH LAMB STEW
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
TURKISH ROASTED LAMB (KUZU TANDıR) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
3.6/5 (73)Total Time 3 hrs 15 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 208 per serving
SLOW ROASTED STUFFED LEG OF LAMB - DIMITRAS DISHES
SLOW-ROASTED LAMB SHOULDER WITH FLAVOURS OF SHAWARMA RECIPE
SLOW ROASTED LAMB SHOULDER WITH HOMEMADE HARISSA RECIPE
TURKISH SIX HOUR SLOW COOKED SHOULDER OF LAMB⠀ - SEVENOAKS MUMS
SLOW-ROAST LAMB WITH HARISSA AND APRICOTS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SLOW-ROASTED LEG OF LAMB | LE CREUSET RECIPES
TURKISH ROASTED LAMB - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
SLOW COOKED LAMB SHAWARMA - RECIPETIN EATS
SLOW-ROASTED TURKISH LAMB RECIPE - EAT YOUR BOOKS
SLOW ROASTED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB - DISH 'N' THE KITCHEN
SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB | RECIPETIN EATS
SLOW COOKED LAMB TANDıR RECIPE | TURKISH STYLE COOKING
SLOW ROASTED RACK OF LAMB RECIPE | PRIMO CERAMIC GRILLS
SLOW-ROASTED TURKISH LAMB - MASTERCOOK
SLOW COOKED LEG OF LAMB - PETER'S FOOD ADVENTURES
SLOW-ROASTED TURKISH LAMB STEW WITH GREEN BEANS - KEEPRECIPES
ROAST LEG OF LAMB | TURKISH STYLE COOKING
SLOW-ROASTED TURKISH LAMB RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SLOW ROASTED TURKISH LAMB - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
SLOW-ROASTED TURKISH LAMB | RECIPE CLOUD APP
SIMPLE SLOW-ROASTED LEG OF LAMB WITH BEER - ALL THAT'S JAS
SLOW-ROASTED MIDDLE EASTERN-STYLE LAMB LEG - NZ HERALD
RECIPE: SLOW-ROASTED RACK OF LAMB - BEAVERTIDES FARM
LEG OF LAMB - SLOW ROASTED RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
SLOW-ROASTED LAMB | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
SLOW-ROASTED SHOULDER OF LAMB, HARISSA BY RAYMOND BLANC
SLOW-COOKER TURKISH LAMB & VEGETABLE STEW RECIPE - EATINGWELL
GREEK SLOW ROASTED LEG OF LAMB IN PARCEL- KLEFTIKO
SLOW ROAST LAMB SHOULDER RECIPE - CANADIAN COOKING ADVENTURES
SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB | PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
SLOW ROASTED TURKISH LAMB LEG OR SHOULDER WITH POMEGRANATES
GREEK SLOW ROASTED LAMB - WWW.THESCRANLINE.COM
SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB - JO COOKS
SLOW ROASTED LAMB SHOULDER - THE YARN
TURKISH ROASTED LAMB (KUZU TANDıR) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SLOW ROASTED LAMB SHOULDER RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
SERIOUSLY DELICIOUS SLOW ROASTED GREEK SHOULDER OF LAMB
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you Slow Roast a lamb leg?It's not the carving sort - the meat is so tender, you can pull it off the bone with tongs. Lamb leg is actually quite lean, so the best way to slow roast a leg of lamb is to partially submerge it in liquid and roast it covered for most of the time. This way, the flesh is infused with flavour and absorbs moisture.
What is the best way to cook lamb shoulder?Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut lamb shoulder into 2 or 3 pieces, and place in a shallow 12-by-14-inch roasting pan or similar. Season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with red pepper, if desired. Rub meat with olive oil, lemon juice and pomegranate molasses. Tuck thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, garlic cloves and onion halves here and there.
What is slow cooked lamb shawarma?Slow Cooked Lamb Shawarma – flavour bomb! Your favourite Lamb Shawarma, slow roasted and piled over couscous or stuffed in pita bread The leg of lamb is roasted on a bed of onion, garlic and rosemary which serves three purposes: flavours the pan juices which is used to make the gravy.
How to cook lamb tenderloin in oven?Preheat your oven to 285 F. Place the lamb in a shallow metal oven roasting tray. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and spices. Pour the mixture over the lamb. Wearing rubber gloves, rub the mixture all over the lamb, massaging it into the meat for several minutes. Add the bay leaves and rosemary sprigs.