- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until they start softening, about 4 minutes. Add the cauliflower, bay leaf, rosemary, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring, until the cauliflower starts browning, 5 minutes. Stir in the flour until absorbed, about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth and milk; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; simmer until the cauliflower is tender, 30 minutes. Remove the bay leaf.
- Working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth (or puree in the pot with an immersion blender). Return the soup to the pot over medium heat. Stir in the cheese until melted; add up to 1 cup water if the soup is too thick.
- Add the sherry; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve with cheese straws.
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- In a large pot, fry the bacon pieces over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain the bacon on a paper towel and set aside. Pour off the grease and return the pot to the stove.
- Add the onions to the pot and cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cauliflower, sprinkle with the Cajun spice and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and cook, stirring, until the cauliflower starts turning golden brown, another 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the mixture slightly, or all the way if you prefer. (Or use a regular blender; just don't fill too full.)
- In a separate saucepan or skillet, melt the butter. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk to form a paste. Pour in the milk, then continue cooking until it thickens. Remove from the heat and stir in the half-and-half.
- Pour the white sauce into the soup. Turn the heat to medium high and bring back to a boil for 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, stirring in the cheese and sour cream until the cheese is fully melted. Stir in the parsley.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve with a little extra cheese, a sprinkle of bacon and a sprinkle of parsley.
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP
This is one of Jamie Oliver's recipes. It is delicious! My whole family loves this, even my 8 year old..and he doesn't usually eat soup at all!! I totally recommend adding the bacon as a garnish, it really finishes it off!
Provided by Sara 76
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Peel and roughly chop the carrots.
- Slice the celery.
- Peel and roughly chop the onions.
- Peel and slice the garlic.
- Cut the cauliflower into 1.5cm slices.
- Put a large pan on medium heat and add 2tb olive oil.
- Add all your chopped and sliced ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for around 10 minutes with the lid askew, until the carrots have softened but are still holding their shape, and the onion is lightly golden.
- Grate the cheddar into a bowl and put to one side for later.
- Put the stock cubes into a jug or pan and pour in 1.8 litres of boiling water from the kettle.
- Stir until the stock cubes are dissolved, then add the vegetables.
- Give the soup a good stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the cheese and mustard.
- Using a hand blender or liquidizer, pulse the soup until silky smooth.
- Divide between your serving bowls and grate over some nutmeg, if you like.
- If you want to dress it up a bit, top it with some lightly fried crispy bacon.
CAULIFLOWER CHEDDAR SOUP
When I created this cauliflower cheddar soup at the last minute for an impromptu ice skating get-together, it was a hit. -Rosa Renee McEldowney, Jackson, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 quarts.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, combine cauliflower, onion, broth and bouillon. Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender., Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add seasonings. Pour into cauliflower mixture. Simmer slowly for 30 minutes (do not boil). If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232 calories, Fat 16g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 907mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP
Throw a new spin on this comforting classic by blending into a smooth and creamy soup
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Lunch, Soup
Yield Serves 6 adults, or 4 adults and 4 kids
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Tip in the onion and cook until softened, about 5 mins, stirring often. Add the cauliflower, potato, stock, milk and seasoning. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for about 30 mins until the cauliflower is soft and the potato almost collapsing.
- Whizz in a food processor or crush with a potato masher until you get a creamy, thick soup. Top up with more milk to thin a little if serving in mugs. You can make ahead up to 2 days in advance, cool, cover and leave in the fridge until needed, or freeze for up to 1 month. When ready to serve, warm through, ladle into mugs or bowls, top with the cheese pieces, then stir through before eating.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 13 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein, Sodium 0.82 milligram of sodium
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP
- Place cauliflower into the bowl of a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add carrots, celery, and onion. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Pour in broth and cauliflower; increase heat to high. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk milk in slowly and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add Cheddar cheese slowly until completely combined.
- Pour broth from cauliflower mixture into an electric blender and puree to your desired consistency. Return to the saucepan. Pour cheese sauce into soup and stir well to combine.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with additional Cheddar cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459.8 calories, Carbohydrate 22.5 g, Cholesterol 93.7 mg, Fat 31.8 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 22.2 g, SaturatedFat 18.7 g, Sodium 1505.2 mg, Sugar 12 g
- In a large saucepan, combine water, cauliflower, potatoes, celery, carrots, and onion. Boil for 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Set aside.
- Melt butter in separate saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and gradually stir in milk. Return to heat, and cook until thickened. Stir in vegetables with cooking liquid, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in cheese until melted, and remove from heat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.9 calories, Carbohydrate 25.9 g, Cholesterol 74.9 mg, Fat 24.7 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 15.7 g, SaturatedFat 15.6 g, Sodium 367.6 mg, Sugar 11.1 g
CAULIFLOWER BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
- In a large saucepan, cook the cauliflower, broccoli, onion and carrot in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1-1/4 cups milk, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally., Combine the flour and remaining milk until smooth; add to saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat; add cheese and stir until melted. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267 calories, Fat 15g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 48mg cholesterol, Sodium 909mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
I told my wife that I said her Recipe #76000 also made great cauliflower soup, and she ordered me to send this recipe, which is her variation of her mom's recipe. This is good, but I think the Broccoli Soup variation is better... just a matter of taste, I guess.
Provided by Toby Jermain
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepan.
- simmer cauliflower in chicken broth until slightly softened, and set aside, leaving in broth.
- Saute onions in melted butter until soft.
- Season with pepper, add flour, and continue to cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add flour mixture to cauliflower and chicken broth, and stir carefully so that cauliflower doesn't break up.
- Add milk and bouillon granules.
- Increase heat, and cook until thickened and starting to boil.
- Reduce, heat, and add cheese by handfuls, mixing between each addition, stirring until melted and combined.
- Do not allow to boil after adding cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 510.1, Fat 38.4, SaturatedFat 23.9, Cholesterol 111.7, Sodium 1173, Carbohydrate 20.9, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 3, Protein 23.1
More about "cauliflower cheese soup recipes"
WHAT IS JAMIE OLIVER'S RECIPE FOR CAULIFLOWER SOUP?
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - ANN'S ENTITLED LIFE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (9)Total Time 25 minsServings 4Calories 340 per serving
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE | LIFE MADE SIMPLE
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- In a large stockpot or dutch oven set over medium-low heat, add the butter. Once melted, add the celery and saute for 3 minutes, then add the carrot, shallot, and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour. Whisk the flour until it turns golden brown, taking care not to burn. Gradually pour in the chicken broth, whisking continuously until combined. Turn heat up to medium and bring to a simmer.
- Add the salt, garlic powder, pepper, coriander, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Add the cauliflower, allow the soup to gently boil for 15 minutes, then remove 2 cups and puree in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return the mixture to the soup.
- Pour in the cream and continue to gently boil for an additional 10 minutes, then add the cheese and whisk to combine.
THE BEST CREAMY CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP - TASTES OF HOMEMADE
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Break cauliflower into florets and place on a sheet pan. You don't need to worry too much about them being even. We are just looking to brown the edges. Peel the garlic cloves and add to the pan then toss everthing with the olive oil. Place in the oven for 10 minutes then remove and flip the cauliflower and garlic then place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and add to the pot along with the garlic. Reseve a few of the smaller cauliflower bits for garnish.
CAULIFLOWER-CHEESE SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (7)Total Time 45 minsServings 8
- In a large pan, melt butter with oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower and broth, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until cauliflower is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let cool slightly. Working in batches, puree soup in a blender. Return soup to clean pot; stir in milk and mustard. Bring back to a simmer over medium heat. Add cheese and stir until cheese has melted (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with additional cheese or croutons, if desired.
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP RECIPE | LOW CARB & KETO ...
4.8/5 (25)Category SoupCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and diced bacon to a dutch oven or large soup pot; cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.
CREAM OF CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Melt butter in a dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
- Coarsely mash the cauliflower with a potato masher or immersion blender. Don’t completely puree the soup, unless you like it that way. Leave small florets.
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Prepare your veggies first. Dice onion and set aside. Cut cauliflower florets off and discard the bottom part of the stem ( you can use most of the stems in soup). Dice cauliflower onto small pieces. Set it aside as well. Peel garlic to be ready to press.Grate cheese on a large cheese grater and set aside.
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP - HEALTHY LITTLE FOODIES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Melt the butter, in a large pan, over medium heat. Add the onion,celery and garlic and saute for around 6 mins.
- Add the cauliflower, potato and stock. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the potato and cauliflower is soft.
CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE (CREAMY AND CHEESY) - …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Melt 1 butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery and saute 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cauliflower, season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low then cover and simmer until veggies are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt remaining butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook and whisk constantly 1 minute.
- While whisking slowly pour milk in flour mixture. Bring just to a light boil stirring constantly, remove from heat and stir in cheese.
SLOW COOKER CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP - SLOW COOKING …
5/5 (2)Category SoupCuisine WorldwideTotal Time 6 hrs 45 mins
CAULIFLOWER AND CHEESE SOUP RECIPES
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
5 INGREDIENT CHEESY CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPES
CREAM OF CAULIFLOWER AND CHEDDAR SOUP | CANADIAN …
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #bisques-cream-soups #main-dish #soups-stews #potatoes #vegetables #fall #winter #dietary #one-dish-meal #seasonal #low-calorie #comfort-food #low-carb #low-in-something #cauliflower #onions #taste-mood #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make cauliflower cheddar soup with cheese?Directions. Cover and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Cook and stir until bubbly. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes longer or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese and seasonings. Pour into cauliflower mixture.
How to make cauliflower soup with chicken broth?Add the cauliflower, sprinkle with the Cajun spice and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and cook, stirring, until the cauliflower starts turning golden brown, another 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
How to make cauliflower soup with heavy cream?Stir in cauliflower florets, garlic, thyme, chili powder, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and stir in the heavy cream; simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
How to make cauliflower soup in a Dutch oven?Directions 1 In a Dutch oven, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and... 2 In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil... More ...