CAULIFLOWER OLIVE SALAD
This colorful toss combines cauliflower and black and green olives with sweet peppers and red onion for a satisfying blend of flavors. The lemony vinaigrette coats the salad well and gives it a pleasing tartness. -Nancy Holland, Morgan Hill, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, green pepper, olives, red pepper and onion if desired. , In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and pepper; gradually whisk in oil. Pour over vegetables and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198 calories, Fat 19g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 518mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
CAULIFLOWER ANTIPASTO SALAD
Lightly steamed cauliflower bites take the place of pasta in this hearty, antipasto-style salad. Make it for a hearty lunch, on a bed of greens, with a crusty bread, or for a cool side dish for a summer barbecue or potluck. Store any leftovers, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Provided by Bibi
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until barely fork-tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove to a metal mixing bowl and refrigerate, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, stir mayonnaise, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, and garlic together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add artichokes, tomatoes, olives, bell pepper, salami, and Asiago cheese to the cooled cauliflower. Toss with the dressing and place prosciutto rolls around the top.
- Refrigerate salad until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh basil before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272 calories, Carbohydrate 9 g, Cholesterol 27.9 mg, Fat 23.4 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 888.5 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
CAULIFLOWER SALAD BOWL
- Combine cauliflower, olives, green bell pepper, onion, and pimento peppers together in a bowl.
- Whisk canola oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, sugar, and black pepper together in a bowl until smooth; pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until flavors blend, 4 hours to overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168.3 calories, Carbohydrate 6.6 g, Fat 16 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 753.2 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
CAULIFLOWER OLIVE SALAD
- Thin dip with olive oil. (could also use some of the juice from the olives).
- Toss dip with cauliflower and olives.
- Chill and serve.
- Note: French Onion Dip - 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream stirred together with 1 package of your favorite French onion dip mix. Use 1 cup in this recipe.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 76.3, Fat 5.8, SaturatedFat 0.8, Sodium 377.3, Carbohydrate 5.9, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 2.4, Protein 2.1
SALAD WITH CAULIFLOWER AND OLIVES
- Cut off the stem of the cauliflower, and break and cut the head into small florets. Steam over boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle the cauliflower with red-pepper flakes while it steams.
- Mince the garlic. Wash and drain the capers. Pit the olives, and coarsely chop them.
- When the cauliflower is firm but tender, drain and place in a bowl. Pour the wine over it, and add the garlic, capers, olives, oil and vinegar. Cover and allow to marinate until serving time.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 196, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 10 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 334 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams
CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS
Categories Salad Blender Fish Olive Vegetable Side Quick & Easy Buffet Vinegar Cauliflower Hot Pepper Winter Capers Gourmet Sugar Conscious Kidney Friendly Pescatarian Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Serves 12
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook cauliflower until just tender, about 4 minutes. In a colander drain cauliflower and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Drain cauliflower well and in a large bowl toss with olives, celery, peperoncini, capers, and caper berries.
- Make vinaigrette:
- In a blender blend vinaigrette ingredients until combined well.
- Add vinaigrette to salad, tossing well, and season with salt and pepper. Salad will improve in flavor if kept, covered and chilled, at least 1 day and up to 3. Bring salad to room temperature before serving.
CAULIFLOWER OLIVE ANTIPASTO SALAD
This salad, for olive lovers, is perfect for an antipasto offering. It has a zesty flavor and offers the bright colors of the Italian flag (red, green, white). If desired, add chunks of Italian Salami that taste wonderful after marinating in the lemony vinaigrette.
Provided by CookinDiva
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Cut and drain all vegetables. Place in a large bowl and add dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111.3, Fat 10.3, SaturatedFat 1.4, Sodium 114, Carbohydrate 4.7, Fiber 2, Sugar 1.9, Protein 1.3
- In a small pot combine currants, vinegar, and a pinch of sugar. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. Cool to room temperature and whisk in oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, steam cauliflower until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, onion, celery, parsley, and currant mixture. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 182 g, Fat 11 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 483 g
MARINATED CAULIFLOWER, OLIVE, AND ARUGULA SALAD
Some of the ingredients need to marinate overnight in the Dijon-red wine vinaigrette, so plan accordingly.
Yield Makes 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Whisk vinegar and mustard in small bowl; gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing generously with salt and pepper. Combine cauliflower, olives, and celery in large bowl. Add 3/4 cup dressing; toss to coat. Cover salad and remaining dressing separately; chill overnight.
- Mix green onions and parsley into salad. Arrange arugula on platter; drizzle with remaining dressing. Top arugula with cauliflower mixture. Sprinkle with pepper.
WHITE BEAN SALAD WITH ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
This is the kind of substantial salad that's nice to have on hand, no matter the occasion. If you have time, it's best made with large dried white beans, such as cannellini, simmered at home. (It's great to have a pot of cooked beans in the fridge all summer long, for deploying in salads and soups.) But using canned beans is absolutely OK. The recipe calls for roasting the cauliflower, but it could also be cooked on a grill to impart some pleasant smokiness.
Provided by David Tanis
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Put cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast on the top rack until nicely browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Make the dressing: Put shallot in a small bowl with mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, vinegar and ground fennel, if using. Stir well to combine, then whisk in olive oil. Season to taste.
- Make the salad: Put beans in a low salad bowl. Add celery and cauliflower, pour the dressing over and toss well, taking care not to crush beans. Let salad rest for 30 minutes or so to meld flavors. Taste and adjust for salt, acid and oil. Add parsley and scallions, toss once more, then serve at room temperature.
More about "cauliflower olive salad recipes"
CAULIFLOWER AND OLIVE SALAD - UGLY VEGAN KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
EASY CAULIFLOWER SALAD - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
CAULIFLOWER, OLIVE, PEPPER AND CAPER SALAD RECIPE
10 BEST RAW CAULIFLOWER SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEDITERRANEAN CAULIFLOWER SALAD RECIPE (HEALTHY & FRESH) …
COLD CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH GREEN OLIVES AND CAPERS
EASY CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH OLIVES AND CHERRY TOMATOES - OLD PLANK FARM
CAULIFLOWER, CARROT, AND OLIVE SALAD - VEGKITCHEN
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER, CHICKPEAS, AND OLIVES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS RECIPE BY CHEZ …
PURPLE CAULIFLOWER SALAD (SICILIAN STYLE!) | FEASTING AT HOME
CAULIFLOWER TABBOULEH SALAD - FEELGOODFOODIE
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH OLIVES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH OLIVES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CAULIFLOWER & OLIVE SALAD | LISA'S KITCHEN | VEGETARIAN RECIPES ...
ITALIAN ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SALAD - RECIPE FROM CALABRIA
MOROCCAN CAULIFLOWER SALAD RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
CAULIFLOWER OLIVE SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
YOTAM OTTOLENGHI'S CAULIFLOWER SALAD | RECIPETIN EATS
SICILIAN CAULIFLOWER SALAD - EASY! - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER KALE SALAD WITH OLIVES & TOMATOES - LAST …
CAULIFLOWER WITH LEMON & OLIVES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EASY CAULIFLOWER RICE SALAD - BEST SIDE DISHES
MARINATED CAULIFLOWER SALAD - BUDGET BYTES
ITALIAN CAULIFLOWER SALAD - THAT LOW CARB LIFE
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND OLIVE SALAD | SURREYFARMS. A SERENE HAVEN …
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SALAD RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
CAULIFLOWER SALAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH OLIVES - 10 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
CAULIFLOWER GREEN OLIVE SALAD - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER BUCKWHEAT SALAD WITH OLIVES & CAPERS
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER LENTIL SALAD WITH OLIVES | LAST INGREDIENT
GREEK CAULIFLOWER SALAD RECIPE (LOW CARB, GLUTEN FREE)
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #5-ingredients-or-less #salads #vegetables #easy #no-cook #potluck #cauliflower #to-go #presentation #served-hot #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make cauliflower salad dressing?In a jar or bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Whisk the ingredients together or close the jar and shake until combined. Set the dressing aside. Remove the leaves and stem from the cauliflower, then chop it into very small florets (about the size of a grape).
How to cook cauliflower in oven?Place cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt until well coated. Roast for 15 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together olives, garlic, lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes and a large pinch of salt. Drizzle in the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, whisking well.
What to do with arugula and roasted cauliflower?In a medium bowl, toss the arugula and roasted cauliflower with a drizzle with olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, and a pinch of salt. Spread onto a platter and drizzle ⅓ of the tahini sauce on top. Sprinkle on the lentils, the pickled onions, pine nuts, apricots, and olives.
What to eat with cauliflower?A tasty combination of crunchy cauliflower, sweet apple and creamy, salty blue cheese Roast a whole cauliflower to lock in flavour and make an impressive centrepiece - cut at the table or serve in wedges Roast cauliflower florets with olive oil and serve with a light barley salad for a refreshingly simple meat-free main