CHAMPION CHOCOLATE CAKE
After spreading creamy butter frosting over this easy from-scratch cake, I formed a sweet Olympics logo on top with colorful M&M's. The kids clamored for pieces with the candy, but every bite of this cake is moist and delicious. -Therese Judge, Westminster, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16-20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in the chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Whisk in water until smooth. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. , For frosting, combine butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost sides and top of cake. With a glass (about 2-1/4-in. diameter), outline five interlocking circles on frosting. Use M&M's in order listed to cover each circle with a single color.
Nutrition Facts :
CHAMPAGNE CAKE I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, and then blend into creamed mixture alternately with champagne.
- In a large clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313.1 calories, Carbohydrate 47.7 g, Cholesterol 27.1 mg, Fat 10.5 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 417.4 mg, Sugar 25.3 g
SPECIAL-OCCASION CHOCOLATE CAKE
This cake won grand champion at the 2000 Alaska State Fair, and you will see why once you taste it. My decadent chocolate cake boasts a luscious ganache filling and fudge buttercream frosting. -Cindi DeClue, Anchorage, Alaska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine cocoa and water; set aside to cool completely. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cocoa mixture, beating well after each addition. , Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For ganache, place chocolate in a bowl. In a small heavy saucepan over low heat, bring cream and sugar to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk gently until smooth. Allow to cool until it reaches a spreadable consistency, stirring occasionally., For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla; beat until smooth., Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 1 cup frosting. Top with second layer and 1 cup ganache; sprinkle with 1/2 cup almonds. Top with third layer; frost top and sides of cake. Warm ganache until pourable; pour over cake, allowing some to drape down the sides. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 736 calories, Fat 39g fat (22g saturated fat), Cholesterol 125mg cholesterol, Sodium 454mg sodium, Carbohydrate 86g carbohydrate (63g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
CRAZY CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Mix all ingredients right in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Frost with your favorite frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242.4 calories, Carbohydrate 39.8 g, Fat 8.9 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 270 mg, Sugar 22.3 g
SAM CHAMPION'S COCONUT CAKE
I saw Sam Champion preparing this cake on good Morning America this morning. It's his Dad's favorite and he requests it for his birthday every year. It looked absolutely amazing and everyone went crazy over the taste. PLEASE NOTE: It is important that you use coconut 'milk' and not coconut 'water'.
Provided by dojemi
Yield 1 cake
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter liberally and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter with the sugar for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the egg whites until incorporated.
- In a large bowl, sift together the cake flour, the baking powder and the salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until incorporated but don't over mix.
- Add the coconut flavoring, and the coconut milk until combined .
- Add 1 cup of flaked coconut.
- Divide the batter equally between the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly golden and firm to the touch.
- Let cool in pan on wire racks until cakes are completely cool, then carefully unmold.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each cake horizontally into 2 equal layers (creating a total of 4 layers).
- To Make the Icing;.
- Cream the butter, shortening, and confectioner's sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the coconut flavoring and the coconut milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups of the whipped frosting and 1½ cups of flaked coconut.
- Set aside.
- Assembling the Cake:.
- When ready to ice the cake, place the first cake layer on serving dish.
- Dollop 1/3 of the frosting with coconut flake added to it, and spread evenly with an offset metal spatula.
- Continue this process with each layer, smoothing over the extra frosting that may ooze out between each layer.
- With the remaining frosting (that does NOT contain flaked coconut), frost the top and sides of cake.
- Finish by gently pressing the remaining 2 1/2 - 3 cups of flaked coconut on the frosted cake, covering the cake entirely with the coconut.
CHAMPION PUMPKIN CAKE
This is a cake my mom makes every fall. It is a nice change from pumpkin pie, and the light frosting makes it melt in your mouth. Try it with some hot cider and you will be in heaven.
Provided by Mama Sweet Rolls
Yield 1 round cake
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 350, Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Beat shortening and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add pumpkin and buttermilk; beat well.
- Sift together remaining dry ingredients; add to shortening mixture. Beat well. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Loosen edges and remove to racks to cool completely.
- While cooling, prepare frosting.
- Beat together shortening and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg whites and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well.
- Gently brush loose crumbs off tops and sides of cake layers. Fill and frost with Snow frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 7784.9, Fat 369.6, SaturatedFat 129.2, Cholesterol 888.3, Sodium 5385.4, Carbohydrate 1071.7, Fiber 11.7, Sugar 787.2, Protein 72.6
More about "champion chocolate cake recipes"
JENNY’S CHAMPION CHOCOLATE CAKE | THE ANNOYED THYROID
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CHOCOLATE MAGIC CAKE - JO COOKS
10 BEST PIONEER WOMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES
THE BEST-BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE | RICARDO
CELEBRATE THE NEW KIDS BAKING CHAMPION WITH A CAKE
ULTIMATE HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CAKE - MY RECIPE …
23 KIDS BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP RECIPES IDEAS
CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES VARIATIONS - CHATELAINE.COM
SPRING BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
CHOCOLATE CAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
53 BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES TO MAKE ANY WEEK A …
MELODY FOOD NETWORK HOLIDAY BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP CHOCOLATE …
CHOCOLATE LOVER'S CHOCOLATE CAKE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
EXTRA CHOCOLATEY CHOCOLATE CAKE - CARNATION MILK
‘CHAMPION OF THE CHOCOLATE’ CHOCOLATE RYE CRUMB CAKE
NATHALIE'S CHAMPION DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE - INNOVATIVE SUGARWORKS
SUNDAY NIGHT® CHAMPION CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE
GRAND CHAMPION ONE BOWL EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
CHAMPION CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
CHAMPION CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - LOVE TO BE IN THE KITCHEN
GRAND CHAMPION CHOCOLATE CAKE - REAL ADVICE GAL
JENNY’S CHAMPION CHOCOLATE CAKE | CAKE, CHOCOLATE RECIPES, …
10 BEST CHAMPAGNE CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRAND CHAMPION ONE BOWL CHOCOLATE CAKE - MY RECIPE MAGIC
RECIPE: DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE CAKE - MMO-CHAMPION.COM
JALEESA MASON HIGHLIGHTS CREATIVE FLAVORS ON SPRING BAKING …
JENNY’S CHAMPION CHOCOLATE CAKE | THERMOMIX DESSERTS, CAKE, …
RECIPES | SPRING BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP | COOKING CHANNEL
SPRING BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON 8 WINNER BLOOMED INTO THE TITLE
CHAMPION CHOCOLATE CAKE! | ROBIN MILLER COOKS AND CHATS | CAKE ...
NATHALIE'S CHAMPION DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE
2 CHAMPION CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES | SMART TIPS
ADAMS CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE ON SPRING BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP …
27 CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
50 BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES YOU SHOULD TRY IN 2021
CHAMPION'S CHOCOLATE CAKE | MUMMYPAGES.UK
2 CHAMPION CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
CHAMPION CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
GRAND CHAMPION ONE BOWL CHOCOLATE CAKE - COPY ME THAT
THIS IS THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE. HERE'S WHY
CHAMPION CHOCOLATE CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
You'll also love