ALMOST-FAMOUS CHEDDAR BISCUITS
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees. Lightly mist a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Make the biscuits: Pulse the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a food processor. Add the shortening and pulse until combined. Add the butter; pulse 4 or 5 times, or until the butter is in pea-size pieces. Add the cheese and pulse 2 or 3 times. Pour in the milk and pulse just until the mixture is moistened and forms a shaggy dough. Turn out onto a clean surface and gently knead until the dough comes together. Do not overwork the dough or the biscuits will be tough.
- Drop the dough onto the baking sheet in scant 1/4-cup portions, 2 inches apart, and bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic butter: Melt the butter with the garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley. Brush the biscuits with the garlic butter and serve warm.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with rack on lower shelf. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pepper. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, with some pea-size lumps. Mix in buttermilk and cheese until combined. With a floured hand, knead dough against side of bowl until it holds together. If it is sticky, knead in up to 1/4 cup more flour.
- After kneading biscuit dough, turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Pat the dough to 1 inch thick. With a floured 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out rounds as close together as possible. Place on a baking sheet. Gather scraps; pat again, and cut out more rounds.
- Brush the tops with 1/2 tablespoon melted unsalted butter. Bake until biscuits are golden brown, rotating sheet halfway through, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.
QUICK CHEDDAR GARLIC BISCUITS
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Mix biscuit mix, Cheddar cheese, and milk together in a bowl using a wooden spoon until batter is soft and doughy, 30 seconds. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until biscuits are lightly browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat butter and garlic powder in a saucepan over low heat until melted, about 5 minutes. Brush garlic butter over cooked biscuits.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385.1 calories, Carbohydrate 31.5 g, Cholesterol 50.7 mg, Fat 24.6 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 10.2 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 823.7 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
CHEDDAR BISCUITS WITH PECANS
- Place cheese, butter, flour, salt, and cayenne pepper in the bowl of a food processor; process until a dough is formed, about 10 seconds. Turn dough out onto work surface and divide into two equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a 1 1/2-inch-thick log; wrap with wax or parchment paper and refrigerate until dough is firm, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Unwrap dough and slice each log crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Place dough rounds on prepared baking sheet 1 1/2 inches apart; gently press a pecan half into the center of each. Brush with egg whites and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake biscuits until crisp, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
PECAN CHEDDAR BISCUITS
Biscuits can be made flaky or a little denser for a regular breakfast treat. Either way, these biscuits are delicious with the addition of crunchy pecans and Cabot Sharp Cheddar.
Provided by Cabot Creamery
Number Of Ingredients 2
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. STIR together, in large bowl, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut butter into small pieces and add to flour mixture. With pastry blender or fingers, work butter into flour until mixture has consistency of coarse cornmeal. Add cheese and pecans, tossing to combine. ADD buttermilk and stir just until dough forms (do not overmix or biscuits will be tough). Turn out onto well-floured surface; knead briefly, folding dough back onto itself.Pat dough out into circle, 1 ½ to 2 inches thick. Cut out biscuits with 2-inch or smaller round or fancy-shaped cutter.PLACE first biscuit in center of baking sheet, and place remaining biscuits around it so sides are touching.BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, Cheddar cheese, and garlic powder. Stir in milk. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Brush biscuits with melted margarine, and sprinkle with parsley and garlic salt. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.4 calories, Carbohydrate 19.9 g, Cholesterol 16.5 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 732 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
- Combine the butter and cheeses in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Sift the flour, salt, and cayenne directly into the food processor and process until the mixture begins to form a ball.
- Add the pecans and pulse just until the pecans are mixed.
- The mixture will be very soft.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts and place each on a piece of wax paper.
- Fold the paper over the mixture and roll into logs about 1 inch (3 cm) in diameter.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 hour.
- Roll the chilled dough into a more regular round shape if desired.
- Unwrap the logs immediately prior to baking and slice into rounds 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick.
- Place 1/2 inch (1 cm) apart on an ungreased baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350F oven until light golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 74.2, Fat 6.1, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 12.4, Sodium 102.5, Carbohydrate 3.4, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.1, Protein 1.9
I often serve my family these warm cheddar biscuits with a hearty breakfast of bacon and eggs. They freeze well, too. -Colleen Horudko, Warman, Saskatchewan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 biscuits.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in cheese and shortening until crumbly. Add buttermilk; stir until just moistened. , Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118 calories, Fat 6g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 251mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
Lots of holiday treats are sweet. For a change of pace, I fill goodie bags with my cheese crackers. The recipe has a large yield, but you can freeze the dough logs to bake later. -Heather Necessary, Shamokin Dan, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 24 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cheese until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, garlic powder and cayenne; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans., Shape into eight 10-in. long logs. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm., Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges are crisp and lightly browned, 12-14 minutes. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Refrigerate in airtight containers. Freeze option: Place wrapped logs in resealable plastic freezer bags; place in freezer. To use, unwrap frozen logs and cut into slices. If necessary, let dough stand 15 minutes at room temperature before cutting. Bake as directed, increasing time by 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 27 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 19mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
CHEDDAR PECAN BISCUITS
Discovered while I was making cheddar biscuits and said to myself, "I wonder what these would taste like with pecans." You could probably halve the ingredients with good results. I didn't have "thick" sour milk. Instead, I used a couple dollops plain yogurt and milk to the 2 cup mark. Serve with butter.
Provided by Little Woman
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 32 biscuits, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Stir dry ingredients (first 4) together.
- Work in coconut oil until evenly distributed.
- Toss in cheese and pecans.
- Stir in sour milk.
- Drop onto stoneware baking pan using large scoop. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 653, Fat 49.2, SaturatedFat 29.3, Cholesterol 46.5, Sodium 698.9, Carbohydrate 40, Fiber 7.4, Sugar 3.6, Protein 19.5
More about "cheddar biscuits with pecans recipes"
CHEDDAR CHEESE & PECAN CRISPS - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
JACKO’S SPICY CHEDDAR PECAN BITES - SOUTHERN LADY …
HOMEMADE CHEESE CRACKERS WITH PECANS RECIPE - SHE …
CHEDDAR PECAN BISCUITS | HOMESICK TEXAN
HOMEMADE CHEDDAR BISCUITS FOR UNLIMITED BISCUIT BASKETS, ANY TIME
HOMEMADE FLAKY CHEDDAR BISCUITS (45 MINUTES ONLY) - URBAN FARMIE
GARLIC AND CHEDDAR BISCUITS RECIPE - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
CHEDDAR PECAN BISCUITS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHEDDAR BISCUITS - HOMEMADE RECIPE
APPLE CHEDDAR BISCUITS - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
CHEDDAR BISCUITS WITH PECANS | RECIPE | FOOD PROCESSOR RECIPES, …
CHEDDAR PECAN BISCUITS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CHEDDAR - PECAN BISCUITS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CHEESE & PECAN BISCUITS RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE CHEESE & PECAN …
THE BEST CHEDDAR BISCUITS - JUST A TASTE
PEPPER BISCUITS WITH CHEDDAR PECAN SPREAD | BETTER HOMES
CHEDDAR BISCUITS WITH PECANS | RECIPE | CHEDDAR BISCUITS, PECAN …
HOMEMADE CHEDDAR BISCUITS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
NEIMAN MARCUS CHEDDAR CHEESE BISCUITS RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
FAMOUS CHEDDAR BISCUITS - PAULA DEEN
BISQUICK CHEDDAR BISCUITS (CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS ... - THE FEATHERED …
SOUTHERN CHEESE BISCUITS WITH PECANS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
PECAN BISCUITS - 4 INGREDIENTS - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
CHEDDAR BISCUITS - SO TENDER WITH OLD BAY & BUTTERMILK
CHEDDAR PECAN BISCUITS |BYRD COOKIE COMPANY | SAVANNAH GA
PECAN CHEESE BISCUITS - GEORGIA PECANS
BYRD'S CHEDDAR PECAN BISCUITS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
EASY CHEDDAR BISCUITS MADE FROM SCRATCH - SUM OF YUM
EASY GARLIC CHEDDAR BISCUITS - SKINNYTASTE
COPYCAT CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS - THE CHUNKY CHEF
GARLIC CHEDDAR BISCUITS MADE FROM SCRATCH - HONEYBUNCH HUNTS
CHEDDAR PECAN WAFERS - YUM TASTE
You'll also love