CHEESE SAUSAGE STRATA
Sausage provides plenty of flavor in this hearty egg strata. It's a great addition to a brunch buffet, because it's assembled the night before to cut down on last-minute fuss. -Teresa Marchese, New Berlin, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the eggs, milk, bread, cheese, bacon and mustard. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. , Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373 calories, Fat 25g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 217mg cholesterol, Sodium 1097mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 23g protein.
A Christmas morning favorite, or anytime you're serving breakfast to overnight guests. Making this dish the day before and refrigerating overnight is recommended to develop flavor.
Provided by calamari
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- The day before:.
- Grease a 9"x13" baking pan.
- In a large skillet, saute sausage and peppers. Break up the sausage, stirring and frying until it is well-browned. Drain off the fat. Stir mustard into the sausage.
- Arrange 6 slices of bread on bottom of baking pan. Top with 1/2 of the sausage and 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat with remaining bread, sausage, and cheese to make a second layer.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Beat in milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour beaten mixture over layers in the baking pan.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- On serving day:.
- Remove baking pan from refrigerator one hour before cooking to reach room temperature.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until center seems set. Serve immediately.
SAUSAGE AND CHEESE STRATA
This can be mixed up the night before and left in the refrigerator until morning, which makes it perfect for a New Year's Morning brunch. Adapted from a recipe by Sydney Oland at Serious Eats http://bit.ly/g4Wuk7
Provided by DrGaellon
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees. Cut loaf of bread into 1 inch slices, then roughly tear into large pieces (around 3 inches). Place on baking sheet and toast in oven for 10 minutes tossing once. (You may skip this step if using day old bread, as long as it's fairly dry.).
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat, crumble loose sausage into pan and cook until no longer pink (about 7-9 minutes). Remove sausage from skillet and place in bowl large enough to accommodate sausage and bread.
- Pour off and discard all but 1 tablespoon of fat from skillet and add onion. Cook over medium low heat until soft and brown, 5-7 minutes. Add onion and torn bread to sausage and toss. Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and toss again.
- Butter a 9 x 13 x 2 inch Pyrex baking dish. Beat eggs well then beat in milk and sour cream til smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- Place sausage/bread/onion/cheese mixture into buttered dish and pour milk/egg mixture over, pressing down on the bread with a spatula to insure that the egg begins to soak up the liquid. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese and scallion (if using), cover and place in fridge overnight.
- The following morning (or early afternoon) preheat oven to 350°F Bake until browned and puffy, about 45-50 minutes. Serve hot with a Bloody Mary. Pass sour cream, hot sauce in general (sriracha specifically), ketchup, salsa, or sliced avocados; if you have the energy, top each serving with a runny fried egg.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 532.3, Fat 31.3, SaturatedFat 14, Cholesterol 246.4, Sodium 893.3, Carbohydrate 33.7, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 1.5, Protein 27.7
CHEESE AND SAUSAGE STRATA
- Brown sausage, breaking up with fork and draining on paper towel. Butter souffle dish with sausage fat or butter. Add 1/3 bread cubes in bottom of dish, sprinkle 1/3 cheese, arrange sausage on top. Add half remaining bread, 1/2 remaining cheese, and rest of bread. Whisk eggs, milk salt, mustard, cayenne, worcestershire. Pour slowly into dish. Sprinkle with cheese, drizzle with butter. Chill overnight. Return to room temperature for 45 minutes. Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour or 1 hour and 15 minutes or until set and golden brown. Put cookie sheet underneath for baking
HOLIDAY SAUSAGE STRATA
Provided by Jeff Mauro, host of Sandwich King
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, crumbling it with a spoon, until mostly brown but still a little pink, about 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel; reserve the sausage fat separately.
- Butter both sides of the bread with the butter. Arrange half of the bread in 1 layer in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Top with half the sausage, followed by half the Gruyere. Repeat with another layer of the remaining bread, sausage and cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, 2 teaspoons of the salt and some pepper. Pour the mixture over the layers of bread, sausage and cheese. Cover in plastic wrap and weigh down the strata with a couple sacks of rice/beans in a zipper top bag to compress it. Refrigerate overnight.
- The morning of baking, remove the plastic wrap and weights. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Toss the broccoli with the reserved sausage fat, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and some pepper. Dot the top of the strata with the broccoli florets so the broccoli tops are still visible (to look like trees) but the stalks are submerged in the custard. Bake until the edges pull away from the dish and the center is puffed, about 45 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Right before serving, sprinkle with the Parmesan to mimic snow on trees.
EASY SAUSAGE STRATA
This strata is really easy to make. Put it together the day before, then just remove from the refrigerator and bake. Ham or bacon can be substituted for the sausage. Sometimes I add cooked chopped broccoli for a change of pace.
Provided by LISAJANI
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside.
- Layer bread cubes, sausage, and Cheddar cheese in a lightly greased 7x11 inch baking dish. In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, salt, and mustard. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cube mixture. Cover, and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401 calories, Carbohydrate 14.8 g, Cholesterol 206.5 mg, Fat 27.3 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 23.2 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 1195 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
SAUSAGE, CHEESE AND TOMATO STRATA
Looking for a strata recipe? Then check out this turkey, cheese and tomato casserole dish - a delicious dinner.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain.
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread bread in baking dish. Spread cooked sausage evenly over bread. Sprinkle evenly with 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and the tomatoes.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, basil, mustard and salt with fork or wire whisk; pour over tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover tightly; refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover baking dish; bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 165 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 22 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 610 mg, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 1/2 g
OVERNIGHT SAUSAGE STRATA
This dish is convenient since you prepare it the night before baking. I always serve this when we have overnight guests because there's no morning prep time. I get to visit while it's in the oven.-Elizabeth Link, Charlotte, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, Italian seasoning and pepper; mix well. Pour over bread. Crumble sausage over top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight., Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
SIMPLE SAUSAGE STRATA
This make-ahead strata is made simple with ready-to-serve sausage links. Make it the night before and serve it up at breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange bread slices in single layer on bottom of 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray; top with sausage, vegetables and 1/2 cup cheddar.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl. Stir in cottage cheese; pour over ingredients in pan.
- Bake 25 min. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar. Bake an additional 5 min. or until center is set. Let stand 10 min. before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 230 mg, Sodium 840 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 23 g
SAUSAGE AND CHEESE STRATA WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in medium bowl. Pour enough boiling water over to cover. Let stand until softened, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Sauté sausages in heavy medium skillet over medium heat until cooked through, breaking up with back of spoon, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to paper towels and drain well.
- Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Whisk milk, eggs, thyme, salt and pepper in large bowl to blend. Add sun-dried tomatoes, sausage, bread, onion and Parmesan cheese and stir to blend. Transfer to prepared dish. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake strata uncovered until puffed and golden brown, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella and goat cheese and bake until mozzarella melts, about 5 minutes. Transfer pan to rack and cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
More about "cheese sausage strata recipes"
OVERNIGHT SAUSAGE STRATA RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
SAUSAGE CHEESE STRATA - THE ENDLESS APPETITE
SAUSAGE STRATA | SPOON FORK BACON
ITALIAN SAUSAGE STRATA | RICARDO
SAUSAGE BACON AND CHEESE STRATA - FLEISCHMANN'S YEAST
CUSTOMIZABLE STRATA DISH WITH SAUSAGE, KALE AND CHEESE - ETALK
SAUSAGE, CHEESE AND HASH BROWN STRATA - A WELL SEASONED KITCHEN
EASY SAUSAGE AND CHEESE STRATA RECIPE
CHEESE SAUSAGE STRATA RECIPE
SAUSAGE CHEDDAR BREAKFAST STRATA - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SAUSAGE-CHEESE STRATA | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CHEESE AND SAUSAGE STRATA - AMORE BRAND
SAUSAGE-CHEESE STRATA RECIPE
SAUSAGE, VEGETABLE AND CHEESE STRATA RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
SAUSAGE CHEESE STRATA RECIPE – SUBWAYWOW.COM
SUNDAY SAUSAGE STRATA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
7 OVERNIGHT BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SAUSAGE STRATA IN A LOAF - RICARDO
SPINACH & CHEESE STRATA - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SPINACH, SAUSAGE, AND CHEESE STRATA RECIPE - WE ARE NOT MARTHA
EASY CHEESE STRATA RECIPE - PLATTER TALK
SAUSAGE STRATA WITH SPINACH AND SWISS CHEESE | HEALTHY BRUNCH …
SAUSAGE AND CHEESE STRATA - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SAUSAGE CHEESE STRATA RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
APPLE CHEDDAR AND SAUSAGE BREAKFAST STRATA - HEALTHY SEASONAL …
CHEDDAR, VEGETABLE AND SAUSAGE STRATA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SAUSAGE, EGG, AND CHEESE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - SMELLS LIKE HOME
CHEESE AND SAUSAGE STRATA – AMORE BRAND
SAUSAGE AND CHEESE STRATA RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
ASIAGO CHEESE ITALIAN SAUSAGE STRATA
ITALIAN HERB SAUSAGE STRATA | MCCORMICK
STRATA RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
SAUSAGE & PEPPER BREAKFAST STRATA - THE DELICIOUS SPOON
CROCK POT BREAKFAST SAUSAGE STRATA - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
CHEESE SAUSAGE STRATA - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HOLIDAY BREAKFAST STRATA - KING ARTHUR BAKING
SAUSAGE AND CHEESE STRATA RECIPE - SPRING TOMORROW
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook sausage for egg strata?Sausage provides plenty of flavor in this hearty egg strata. It's a great addition to a brunch buffet, because it's assembled the night before to cut down on last-minute fuss. —Teresa Marchese, New Berlin, Wisconsin In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the eggs, milk, bread, cheese, bacon and mustard.
How to make strata casserole?Loaded with cheese, sausage, and peppers, Strata is the perfect breakfast casserole for a crowd! Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook sausage over medium heat until no pink remains, drain the fat and return the sausage to the pan. Add the peppers and cook until partially tender. Set aside to cool. Whisk the egg mixture in a bowl.
How to make sausage and cheese casserole?Layer bread cubes, sausage, and Cheddar cheese in a lightly greased 7x11 inch baking dish. In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, salt, and mustard. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cube mixture. Cover, and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight. Remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
How to make sausage and cheese pizza?Layer bread cubes, sausage, and Cheddar cheese in a lightly greased 7x11 inch baking dish. In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, salt, and mustard. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cube mixture. Cover, and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.