These foolproof cheese scones are made with basics from your kitchen cupboard and perfect when you're craving carbs.
Provided by ZiggyChew
Yield Makes 5 large scones
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Sift the flour and the baking powder into a bowl in order to allow air into the mixture. This is an important step.
- Rub in the butter until a breadcrumb like consistency is achieved. Cold, dry hands make this step easier.
- Grate the cheese. Stir most into the flour mixture but keep a little back for sprinkling on top of the scones.
- Crack the egg into a measuring jug and whisk lightly. Top the beaten egg up with milk until the mixture reaches the half-pint or 285ml mark. Whisk again to combine.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the majority of the egg mixture into the bowl, keeping back a little to brush the scones with before baking.
- Stir the mixture to combine and then knead very briefly, just enough to bring it together. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Roll out the dough quite thickly (1 1/2 inches) and cut out circles with a scone cutter or a glass. Don't twist as you cut or the scones will rise unevenly. Alternatively, you can cut the dough into traditional wedges.
- Place the scones on a baking tray. Glaze the tops with the egg and milk mixture then sprinkle a little cheese over each one.
- Put straight into the very hot oven and bake for around 13 minutes or until well risen and browned. Afterwards, cool on a rack for five minutes before eating warm with butter.
EASY CHEESE SCONES - IN A HURRY.
- Preheat oven to very hot- 225 degrees C.
- Mix flour, cheese, milk and salt together until combined.
- The mixture is fairly moist and sticky.
- Put about a rounded tablespoon of mixture onto a greased tray.
- Makes 10- 12 scones approx.
- Sprinkle on the paprika if you wish.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- I turn the tray round half way through cooking for an even result.
- Best served warm- split and serve with butter (optional).
EASY CHEESE AND GARLIC SCONES
This is my favorite, very simple, recipe for savory scones. They are wonderful served hot, spread with a little butter, and eaten alongside a steamy hot soup. It's important not to over handle these scones, as they will be heavy and tough.
Provided by ANGG
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour and salt. Rub in butter lightly with finger tips until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in cheese and garlic. Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the milk, reserving 1 teaspoon for a glazing the scones. Gently mix, just until combined.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead briefly and lightly. Be careful not to overwork the dough. Press out dough to form a 1 inch thick round. Cut into 8 wedges. Place on prepared tray and brush with reserved milk.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 20 minutes, or until light brown. Serve hot or let cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.3 calories, Carbohydrate 24.8 g, Cholesterol 17.5 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 473.7 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
Found this recipe on the internet. It's a nice twist on the traditional English scone (see recipe #133633).
Provided by Kellogs
Yield 18 scones, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Add grated cheese and dried oregano and mix.
- Cut in the margarine or butter till mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and mix to make a smooth dough. (add more milk if necessary to ensure mix is not too dry) Knead very lightly for ten seconds on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll or pat to about 3/4" thick (2 cm) and cut into individual scones.
- Top each scone with a little additional cheese and bake for approximately 12 minutes. Brush the tops with melted butter after removing from the oven.
CLASSIC CHEESE SCONES
Indulge in some cheese scones for afternoon tea or as part of a picnic. They're also great served alongside soups and you can freeze them for later use
Provided by sarahheron
Categories Afternoon tea, Side dish, Snack, Supper
Yield Makes 5-6
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 with a large baking tray inside. Sift the flour, salt, cayenne pepper and baking powder into a bowl, then sift again to make sure the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add the butter to the bowl and combine with your fingertips to make breadcrumbs. Sprinkle 100g of the cheese into the breadcrumb mixture and rub together until evenly distributed. Try not to mix too much as the heat from your hands may start to melt the butter.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour in enough milk to give a fairly soft but firm dough. Do not pour in all the milk at once as you may not need it all to get the right consistency.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll out the dough to approximately 2cm thick. Cut out the scones with a medium (about 8cm) cutter, then put on a sheet of baking parchment, glaze with a little milk and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Slide onto the hot oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 30 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
More about "cheese scones recipes"
MASTER SCONES RECIPE (ANY FLAVOR!) - SALLY'S BAKING …
4.9/5 (464)Category Breakfast
- Whisk flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder together in a large bowl. Grate the frozen butter using a box grater. Add it to the flour mixture and combine with a pastry cutter, two forks, or your fingers until the mixture comes together in pea-sized crumbs. See video above for a closer look at the texture. Place in the refrigerator or freezer as you mix the wet ingredients together.
- Whisk 1/2 cup heavy cream, the egg, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the flour mixture, add the add-ins, then mix together until everything appears moistened.
- Pour onto the counter and, with floured hands, work dough into a ball as best you can. Dough will be sticky. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour. If it seems too dry, add 1-2 more Tablespoons heavy cream. Press into an 8-inch disc and, with a sharp knife or bench scraper, cut into 8 wedges. For smaller scones, press dough into two 5-inch discs and cut each into 8 wedges. To make 10-12 drop scones: Keep mixing dough in the bowl until it comes together. Drop scones, about 1/4 cup of dough each, 3 inches apart on a lined baking sheet.
- Brush scones with remaining heavy cream and for extra crunch, sprinkle with coarse sugar. (You can do this before or after refrigerating in the next step.)
EASY CHEESE SCONES RECIPE - KIWI FAMILIES
Estimated Reading Time 3 minsTotal Time 20 mins
- Preheat the oven to 220C and prepare a baking tray by dusting with a little flour, or greasing with a little butter.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and smoked paprika (if using). Cut the butter into small cubes, and rub through the flour until you have the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the middle of the bowl and pour in the milk. Using a long, blunt knife quickly mix the milk with the dry ingredients until combined.
BEST CHEESE SCONES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHEESE SCONES
5/5 (7)Total Time 45 mins
- Using your fingers, rub butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining.
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES - CHATELAINE
3.6/5 (309)Total Time 30 minsServings 12Calories 159 per serving
CLASSIC BRITISH CHEESE SCONES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 96Calories 313 per servingCategory Brunch, Snack, Lunch
EASY, CHEESY CHEESE SCONES RECIPE WITH CHEDDAR | …
Servings 10-12Energy 126 CaloriesCarbohydrate 17 gFat 4 g
CHEESE SCONES RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 30Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Snack
CHEESE SCONES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Cakes And Baking
5 SAVORY CHEESE SCONE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES (FREEZER ... - SPEND WITH PENNIES
4.9/5 (23)Total Time 45 minsCategory Appetizer, Side Dish, SnackCalories 407 per serving
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cheese and stir to combine.
- Combine eggs and heavy cream. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until it forms a dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough by folding and gently pressing dough for 10 to 12 strokes until nearly smooth. Pat dough into an 8-inch circle and cut into 8 wedges.
MARY BERRY CHEESE SCONES | EASY RECIPE | COOKING WITH MY KIDS
Ratings 5Calories 153 per servingCategory Afternoon Tea, Snack
- Measure the flour into a bowl. Add a pinch of salt. Weigh the butter, then cut it into small pieces before adding to the flour. Rub it together with your hands until it is well mixed and looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Crack the egg into a meausuring jug. Add milk to your jug up to 160ml. Make a well in the middle of your flour mixture, then slowly add the milk until you have a soft but firm dough. Don’t add it all at once, as you might not need it all to get it to the right consistency. Bring the dough together so it is nice and soft but not too sticky.
- Lightly sprinkle flour on to your work surface. Roll out or pat down the dough until it is about 2cm thick. Using a cutter (or a glass if you don’t have any) cut out your scones and pop them on the baking tray.
VERY CHEESY CHEESE SCONES > RECIPES > MOORLANDS EATER
5/5 (19)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCuisine British, VegetarianTotal Time 30 mins
GRAN'S EPIC CHEESE SCONES RECIPE | STEP BY STEP PICTURES
4.5/5 (2)Calories 153 per servingCategory Savoury Bites
- Add the cubed butter and rub into the flour using either your forefingers and thumbs or a pastry blender. It should form very fine crumbs.
4 INGREDIENT CHEESE SCONES - JUST A MUM
4.3/5 (68)Category Savoury DishesServings 16Total Time 35 mins
- In a large bowl add the flour and grated cheese and carefully combine the two with your hands or a large wooden spoon
CHEDDAR CHEESE AND SCALLION SCONES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.6/5 (94)Total Time 30 minsServings 10Calories 220 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment., Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Work in the butter with your fingers to make an unevenly crumbly mixture., Toss in the cheese and scallions., Mix together the eggs and cream (or dairy of your choice); and the mustard and hot sauce (if you're using them).
- Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until everything is evenly moistened; the dough will be very sticky., Liberally flour the counter and your hands.
CHEESE SCONES – BEST RECIPE EVER! – LIFE AND CHEESE
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
MARY BERRY CHEESE SCONES RECIPE - DOWNLOAD RECIPE VIDEOS ...
CHEESE SCONES RECIPE UK PLAIN FLOUR - +28 COOKING ...
CHEESE SCONES | CANADIAN LIVING
CHEESE SCONES RECIPE FOR BIG FLUFFY SCONES / BRIE CHEESE ...
CHEESE SCONES RECIPE - DOWNLOAD COOKING DIRECTIONS ...
CHEESE SCONES - BAKING, COOKING PRODUCTS & RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT CHEESE SCONES | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #breads #lunch #easy #beginner-cook #diabetic #picnic #dietary #scones #quick-breads #to-go #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Cheddar Cheese scones at home?Place rack above centre of oven. Preheat oven to 450F (230C). Grease a baking sheet. Using a fork, stir flour with baking powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Work in cold butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cheese. Make a well in centre. Pour in milk and stir just until moistened. Turn out onto a floured cutting board.
How to make Gran's epic Cheese scones recipe?In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt & pepper and mustard powder. Add the cubed butter and rub into the flour using either your forefingers and thumbs or a pastry blender. It should form very fine crumbs. Mix through 100g | 7/8 Cup of the grated cheese and reserve the rest for later.
What's the best way to make a scone?The basic scone recipe is easy. Start by rubbing butter into sifted self-raising flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Although self-raising flour already has raising agent in it, for scones I like to add additional baking powder to help get a really nice height to the scones.
How long to bake Mary Berry Cheese scones?Bake them in the oven for 10-15 minutes. They’re ready when they’ve risen and turned a nice golden brown colour. They’re best served warm with butter or more cheese. These easy Mary Berry cheese scones are a great, simple bake for children. With only a few ingredients they don’t take long and are delicious straight from the oven.