30 MINUTE SHEPHERD'S PIE
Try Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Shepherd's Pie recipe, a layered casserole of mashed potatoes, veggies and beef, from 30 Minute Meals on Food Network.
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl. Combine sour cream, egg yolk and cream. Add the cream mixture into potatoes and mash until potatoes are almost smooth.
- While potatoes boil, preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil to hot pan with beef or lamb. Season meat with salt and pepper. Brown and crumble meat for 3 or 4 minutes. If you are using lamb and the pan is fatty, spoon away some of the drippings. Add chopped carrot and onion to the meat. Cook veggies with meat 5 minutes, stirring frequently. In a second small skillet over medium heat cook butter and flour together 2 minutes. Whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Thicken gravy 1 minute. Add gravy to meat and vegetables. Stir in peas.
- Preheat broiler to high. Fill a small flameproof rectangular casserole with meat and vegetable mixture. Spoon potatoes over meat evenly. Top potatoes with paprika and broil 6 to 8 inches from the heat until potatoes are evenly browned. Top casserole dish with chopped parsley and serve.
EASY SHEPHERD'S PIE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Brown meat in large skillet. Meanwhile, mix potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and the garlic until well blended.
- Drain meat. Return to skillet; stir in vegetables and gravy. Spoon into 9-inch square baking dish; cover with potato mixture and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake 20 min. or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435.3 calories, Carbohydrate 31.6 g, Cholesterol 88.8 mg, Fat 24.6 g, Fiber 5.6 g, Protein 24.2 g, SaturatedFat 11.9 g, Sodium 771.5 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
CHEDDAR-TOPPED SHEPHERD'S PIE
Old-style pubs have it right: Sitting down to a generous helping of shepherd's pie is a true pleasure; making it is happily simple. We've added sharp cheddar to our mashed potatoes for a snappy topping.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place potatoes in a large saucepan, and cover by 1 inch with salted water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium-high. Add carrots, celery, onion, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add flour and tomato paste; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add beef; cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil, and simmer 1 minute. Set beef filling aside.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Cook over medium, stirring, until liquid has evaporated and a thin film covers bottom of pan, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; add milk and 1 cup cheese. Mash until smooth; season cheddar-potato topping with salt and pepper.
- Pour beef filling into a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Drop dollops of topping over filling; spread to edges with a spatula. Using a fork, make decorative peaks; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake until topping is browned and filling is bubbling rapidly, about 20 minutes (if topping and filling were chilled, increase to 35 minutes). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 558 g, Fat 33 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 29 g
EASY CHEESY SHEPHERD'S PIE
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease an oblong baking dish with non stick spray.
- Brown beef with onion and garlic; drain grease.
- Stir in 1/2 can of cheddar soup, corn and Parmesan cheese to meat mix.
- Add remaining cheese soup and ranch to prepared potatoes; blend well.
- Pour meat mix into baking dish and top with potatoes and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Poke 6 holes into pie with the end of a wooden spoon (So the pie can breathe).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
BIRD'S EASY CHEESY SHEPHERD'S PIE
This is a very flavorful Shepherd's Pie. It puts a new twist on an old favorite by the addition of cream cheese and a dash of ground mace, and it's super easy to make. You can use any leftover veggies such as corn, carrots, string beans, etc. My photo was made using a shallow pan, because my deep dish pan was busy at the time. :)
Provided by 2Bleu
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375°F Mix potatoes, cream cheese, half of the cheddar cheese, and garlic until well blended (use microwave if necessary). Set aside.
- Brown meat, onion, Italian seasoning, and ground mace in large skillet and drain. Return meat back to pan and stir in vegetables and sour cream. Heat to warm.
- Pour meat mixture into a deep 9" pie crust. Cover with potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and paprika. Bake for 25 minutes or till heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 662.3, Fat 42.3, SaturatedFat 21.2, Cholesterol 126.8, Sodium 820, Carbohydrate 37.7, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 5.1, Protein 32.1
CHEESY SHEPHERD'S PIE
Cheesy potatoes top a classic shepherd's pie made with ground beef, gravy and mixed veggies. It's good, easy comfort food at its best!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings, about 1-1/4 cups each
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare Potatoes as directed on package. Meanwhile, brown meat in large skillet; drain.
- Add vegetables and gravy to meat; mix well. Spoon into 8-inch square baking dish; cover with potatoes.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until potatoes are heated through and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 890 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 30 g
More about "cheesy shepherds pie recipes"
CHEESY BEEF SHEPHERD’S PIE | READY SET EAT
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 minsCategory CasseroleCalories 449 per serving
- Place potatoes in large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet over medium heat until crumbled and brown. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in vegetables, tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and pepper and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour into baking dish.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot. Mash potatoes with butter, sour cream and salt. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Spread potatoes over beef. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned. Garnish with parsley and serve.
EASY CHEESY SHEPHERD'S PIE - CHEF SHAMY
Servings 12Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory DinnerTotal Time 55 mins
- In a large saucepan or skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat, about 5 minutes, Drain fat, then add Garlic Butter. Add onion, carrot, peas, and corn to the skillet and mix to coat.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour into the mix and stir to thicken. Add beef broth slowly, allow the mixture to become gravy like. Add thyme, salt, and pepper, and turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are soft.
CHEESY SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Main
SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHEESY SHEPHERD'S PIE - NOSHING WITH THE NOLANDS
19 BEST SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPES - WAYS TO MAKE …
CHEESY BEEF SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
CHEESY SHEPHERD'S PIE - TODAY
HOMEMADE SHEPHERDS PIE RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE …
CHEESY SHEPHERDS PIE | THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
EASY SHEPHERD'S PIE - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
CHEESY SLOPPY JOE SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | ADVENTURES …
THE SHEPHERD'S CHEESY PIE RECIPE - SUPER EASY!
10 BEST SHEPHERD PIE WITH CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHEESY SHEPHERD'S PIE - DIABETES CANADA
ULTIMATE BEEF SHEPHERD'S PIE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
25 BEST SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
CHEESY HASSELBACK TOPPED SHEPHERDS PIE - DELISH
THE BEST CHEESY SHEPHERD'S PIE - BLESSED BEYOND CRAZY
CHEESY STEAK SHEPHERD'S PIE - A SAVORY FEAST
EASY VEGAN SHEPHERD'S PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHEESY SHEPHERD’S PIE – CORE AND RIND
EASY CHEESY SHEPHERDS PIE :: GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE OPTION
THE BEST CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE - THE WHOLESOME DISH
SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE SHEPHERD'S PIE - THE MOM 100
SHEPHERD'S PIE WITH CHEESY MASHED POTATOES | CANADIAN GOODNESS
CHEESY BEEF SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
EASY SHEPHERD'S PIE - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
CHEESY SHEPHERD'S PIE - CIAO CHOW BAMBINA
BIG BATCH CHEESY SWEET POTATO SHEPHERD'S PIE - ONTARIO.CA
CHEESY SHEPHERD’S PIE [CHEDDAR TOPPED SHEPARDS PIE]
CHEESY SHEPHERD’S PIE WITH SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE WITH CHEESE - PIEPRONATION.COM
OLD FASHIONED SHEPHERD'S PIE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
CHEESY BROCCOLI SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | FRUGAL FARM WIFE
SHEPHERD'S PIE CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
24 SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPES: DIFFERENT WAYS TO ... - HOME STRATOSPHERE
CHEESY COTTAGE PIE - STEP BY STEP PHOTOS - BUDGET BYTES
EASY CHEESY SHEPHERD'S PIE - CLOSE ENOUGH KITCHEN
ALEX GUARNASCHELLI'S CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - TODAY
CHEESY MEXICAN SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPE | ARMSTRONG CHEESE
Shepherd's Pie Recipe | Cast Iron Skillet Cheesy Mashed Potato topped Beef Shepherd's pie1K views-07:29
Make a Beefy Cheesy Shepherd's Pie - Recipe Video958 views-16:48
How To Make A Cheesy Shepherd's Pie653 views-04:54
Easy Cheesy Vegan Shepherd's Pie | Gluten & Nut Free Live Yum | How to make Homemade Soya Kheema1.2K views-10:54
Shepherds Pie Recipe I Cheesy Mashed Potatoes I Italian Cuisine I Easy Family Meals1.5K views-07:12
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Shepherd's pie recipe?Easy Shepherd's Pie recipe made with ground beef and frozen vegetables with buttery cheesy mashed potatoes on top. This simple casserole dinner is ready in 1 hour from start to finish. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until potatoes are soft and a fork easily slides through them, about 20 minutes. Drain.
Does Shepherd’s pie have too much cheese?Shepherd’s Pie isn’t normally cheesy– sometimes there’s a sprinkle of cheese on the top of the potatoes. But our motto is that there’s no such thing as too much cheese. So our recipe calls for a bunch of shredded cheddar in the mashed potatoes, enough to make them really cheesy!
What kind of meat is used in Shepherd's pie?The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie - AKA Shepards Pie or Cottage Pie. Ground Beef (or lamb) with vegetables in a rich gravy, topped with cheesy mashed potatoes and baked. Make the Meat Filling. Add the oil to a large skillet and place it over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
Does Shepherd’s pie have mashed potatoes?Shepherd’s Pie: A savory lamb and. vegetable filling are topped with cheesy mashed potatoes for the ultimate Irish comfort food. Shepherd’s Pie is traditionally topped with mashed potatoes. And while plain old mashed potatoes are delicious – CHEESY mashed potatoes are just all that much more rock-and-roll.