CHEESY CAJUN SHRIMP AND GRITS
I was born and raised in the South. A few years ago I moved to Pennsylvania, where good Southern comfort food was hard to find. So I created these creamy, smoky Cajun shrimp and grits to remind me of home. -Kailey Thompson, Palm Bay, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, until thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and butter until melted; keep warm., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Cook and stir shrimp in bacon drippings until shrimp turn pink, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in Cajun seasoning and parsley., Divide grits among 8 serving bowls; top with shrimp mixture and the bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 560 calories, Fat 34g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 215mg cholesterol, Sodium 968mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
SHRIMP AND CHEDDAR GRITS
- Make the grits: Combine 4 cups water, the bay leaf, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then gradually add the grits, whisking constantly. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until tender, about 20 minutes. Discard the bay leaf. Stir in the heavy cream, butter and cheese. Remove from the heat; cover to keep warm. If the grits seem too thick, thin with water, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Meanwhile, make the shrimp: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the scallion whites, chopped celery and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until just starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and season with salt. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are almost cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Push the shrimp and vegetables to the edge of the skillet. Add the garlic, thyme and tomato paste to the center and cook, undisturbed, until sizzling, 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup water, the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce and stir everything together. Bring to a simmer and cook until the shrimp are just cooked through and the sauce is slightly reduced, 3 minutes. Add the butter and swirl the pan until melted. Add the parsley, scallion greens and celery leaves and toss. Season with salt. Add more lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, if needed.
- Divide the grits among 4 shallow bowls. Top with the shrimp mixture.
SHRIMP AND GRITS
Bobby Flay takes Southern-style Shrimp and Grits to the next level by adding sharp cheddar, bacon and lime juice in this easy recipe from Food Network.
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well. In grease, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.
CREAMY SOUTHERN SHRIMP AND CHEESE GRITS
I came up with this recipe when I couldn't find anything else that would satisfy my cravings for a gourmet shrimp and grits without spending a ton of money at restaurants. This is simple and delicious, and is made with things we mostly all have in our homes. Use chicken stock in grits, if you prefer.
Provided by Bella V.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan and slowly whisk in grits; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened and tender, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir farmers cheese, goat cheese, and American cheese into grits until cheese has melted. Set grits aside and keep warm.
- Melt butter with vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir tomato, 2 green onions, and garlic in the hot skillet until the vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in bacon drippings until combined. Cook and stir shrimp with vegetables until bright pink, about 5 minutes; season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Mix grits into shrimp mixture and stir in half-and-half until smooth. Simmer the mixture to blend flavors, about 5 minutes, and add sherry. Simmer 3 more minutes before adjusting salt and black pepper. Garnish with sliced green tops of 1 green onion before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254.9 calories, Carbohydrate 6.7 g, Cholesterol 154.1 mg, Fat 16.4 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 19.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, Sodium 400.7 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
SHRIMP AND CHEESE GRITS
- Place shrimp, 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and pinch of black pepper in a medium bowl; toss to combine.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp, celery, shallots, and chiles in an even layer in skillet and let cook for 1 minute, without stirring. Turn shrimp and add wine; let reduce to 2 tablespoons, about 30 seconds. Add chicken broth and simmer until it begins to thicken, about 1 minute more. Stir in butter until completely melted; add lemon juice.
- Divide grits evenly between 4 serving bowls; top with shrimp and sauce. Garnish with cilantro and scallions; top with a slice of maple bacon and serve.
CHEESY SHRIMP AND GRITS
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Add salt and pepper. Stir in grits; reduce heat and let simmer until water is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Cheddar cheese and butter.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels.
- Heat remaining bacon grease in the skillet over medium heat. Cook shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Add bacon, scallions, parsley, garlic, and lemon juice. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448.8 calories, Carbohydrate 23.4 g, Cholesterol 188.7 mg, Fat 25.8 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 14.8 g, Sodium 704.8 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
CHEESY GRITS AND SHRIMP
I know it sounds like a very bad recipe. That's what I thought too. Crazy thing is *it's really good!. I got it from my mom (who got it from a friend) and after months of bugging me to try it, I did. I was shocked that I liked it. My husband has given it to a few guys at work and all love it.
Provided by L.A. Pet Groomer
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Prepare grits in broth and salt according to package.
- Reserve a 1/4 cup of both cheeses for topping and combine the rest.
- In large fry pan saute onion, garlic, and bell pepper in the butter.
- Add to grits (after grits are prepared).
- Combine Rotel, shrimp, 1/4 salt with grits.
- Pour into a 2-quart casserole; sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes and then serve.
- NOTE: This is rather spicy and I don't handle "hot" to well, so I also tried it with diced tomatoes and not Rotel. It was okay, but to me better with the Rotel.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 647, Fat 27.5, SaturatedFat 16, Cholesterol 401.4, Sodium 2254.6, Carbohydrate 38.5, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 2.5, Protein 59
CAROLINA SHRIMP & CHEDDAR GRITS
Shrimp and grits were a house favorite-if only we could agree on how to make them. I stirred up a winner for the whole family with some cheddar and Cajun seasoning. -Charlotte Price, Raleigh, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on high until water is absorbed and grits are tender, 2-1/2-3 hours, stirring every 45 minutes., Stir in cheese and butter until melted. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook, covered, on high until heated through, 15-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417 calories, Fat 22g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 175mg cholesterol, Sodium 788mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
EASY CHEESY SHRIMP & GRITS
I married a low-country man and he introduced me to Shrimp & Grits. I enjoy many varioations but my sons both like this simpel version and it's easy to whip up for dinner! I serve this with a salad.
Provided by lhbishop
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Boil shrimp. Use Old Bay seasoning in water to add additional flavor. 3-5 minutes in boiling water is usually plenty of time. Overcooking makes them tough. Set shrimp aside.
- Boil 3 cups water. Add grits, reduce heat to medium=low and cover. Cook 5-7 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients to grits and stir to melt cheese.
- Dish grits into individual bowls and top with shrimp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.1, Fat 11.8, SaturatedFat 6.3, Cholesterol 244.1, Sodium 1726.7, Carbohydrate 33.8, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 0.5, Protein 33.8
More about "cheesy shrimp and grits recipes"
SHRIMP AND CHEESY GRITS RECIPE | SOUTHERN STYLE CHEESE …
4.9/5 (46)Total Time 40 minsCategory EntreeCalories 789 per serving
- Add chicken broth and milk, to a 2-quart saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Add a pinch of salt and the grits, whisking together. Bring back to a low boil as you continue to stir. Reduce heat to low, Cover grits and continue simmer for20-25 minutes or until grits are soft and creamy and fully cooked.
- While grits are cooking, cook the bacon strips until crispy. Set aside and allow to fully drain on a paper towel. Save one to two tablespoons of the bacon grease to cook the shrimp in.
- When grits are finished cooking, remove from heat and stir in the butter and shredded Cabot cheddar cheese, mixing until fully incorporated. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Keep covered until ready to serve. Stir grits well before serving.
CHEESY SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Bring chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in grits. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in salt and next 3 ingredients. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon from pan.
- Cook shrimp in same pan over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until almost pink, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice and next 4 ingredients, and cook 3 minutes. Stir in bacon.
- Spoon grits onto individual plates or into shallow bowls; top with shrimp mixture. Serve immediately.
CHEESY SHRIMP AND GRITS - RECIPE GIRL
Ratings 59Calories 931 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the milk, water and salt. Bring to a simmer. Whisk in the grits and continue whisking until they begin to thicken. (This will help eliminate lumps.) Continue to cook the grits for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Stir in the butter and cheese. Cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined platter using a slotted spoon to drain.
- Spoon about 1 cup grits onto a plate and top with 4 to 5 shrimp. Pour about 1 cup gravy over the shrimp. Repeat with remaining grits and shrimp. Serve immediately.
ROSIE'S SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES
CHEESY SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE (THE BEST!) - MAEBELLS
CHEESY SHRIMP-AND-GRITS CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST SHRIMP CHEESE GRITS RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO COOK SHRIMP AND GRITS FOR ONE | WHOLEFULLY
CHEESY SHRIMP AND GRITS - SAVOR THE BEST
HOW TO COOK SHRIMP AND GRITS IN 30 MINUTES - DELISH
SHRIMP AND GRITS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
EASY CHEESY SHRIMP AND GRITS // VIDEO - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
SHRIMP AND GRUYèRE CHEESE GRITS WITH BACON AND MUSHROOMS …
SOUTHERN SHRIMP AND CHEESY GRITS | HOW TO FEED A LOON
KETO SHRIMP AND CHEESY GRITS • LOW CARB WITH JENNIFER
NEW ORLEANS STYLE SHRIMP AND GRITS - COPYKAT RECIPES
SHRIMP & CHEDDAR GRITS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CHEESY SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE (EASY, DAIRY-FREE) | I HEART UMAMI®
SOUTHERN SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
BLACKENED SHRIMP AND GRITS - SKINNYTASTE
CHEESY SHRIMP AND GRITS - ISLAND LIFE NC
CREAMY CHEESY SHRIMP AND GRITS - SURVIVING THE COOKOUT
10 BEST SHRIMP AND GRITS WITH CREAM CHEESE RECIPES - YUMMLY
SHRIMP AND CHEESY GRITS - KENT ROLLINS
CHEESY GRITS AND SHRIMP - EAT DESSERT SNACK
SMOKY SHRIMP AND CHEESY GRITS RECIPE - BOBBY FLAY | FOOD & WINE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HOMEMADE SHRIMP AND GRITS - CHEF SAVVY
CHEESY SHRIMP AND GRITS CASSEROLE - SOUTHERN COMFORT FOOD
EASY CHEESY PARMESAN SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE
DAN-O’S CHEESY AND SPICY SHRIMP & GRITS
LIGHTENED-UP SHRIMP AND CHEESY GRITS - SWEET SAVORY AND STEPH
SOUTHERN STYLE SHRIMP AND CHEESY GRITS FOR TWO - COOK LIKE JAMES
SHRIMP WITH CHEDDAR-PARMESAN GRITS RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE - SELF PROCLAIMED FOODIE
SHRIMP AND GRITS | RICARDO
CHEESY SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
CAJUN SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE | CHEDDAR CHEESE SHRIMP & GRITS
You'll also love