Provided by Nigella Lawson : Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the water, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla pod into a wide saucepan and heat gently to dissolve the sugar. Bring the pan to the boil and let it bubble away for about 5 minutes, then turn the heat down to a fast simmer.
- Cut the peaches in half, and if the stones come out easily then remove them, if not then you can get them out later. Poach the peach halves in the sugar syrup for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side depending on the ripeness of the fruit. Test the cut side with the sharp point of a knife to see if they are soft, and then remove them to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- When all the peaches are poached, peel off their skins and let them cool (then you can remove any remaining stones). If you are making them a day in advance then let the poaching syrup cool and then pour into a dish with the peaches. Otherwise just bag up the syrup and freeze it for the next time you poach peaches.
- To make the raspberry sauce, liquidize the raspberries, confectioners' sugar, and lemon juice in a blender or a food processor. Sieve to remove the pits and pour the puree into a jug.
- To assemble the Peach Melba, allow 2 peach halves per person and sit them on each plate alongside a scoop or 2 of ice cream. Spoon the raspberry sauce over each.
CHEF JOHN'S PEACH MELBA
Peach Melba was created for Victorian era opera star Nellie Melba by the greatest chef of the time, Auguste Escoffier, who also named some thin, crispy toasts in her honor years later.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Desserts Fruit Dessert Recipes Raspberry Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine raspberries, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, water, and balsamic vinegar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until sugar dissolves and berries collapse, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and strain into a bowl. Cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Combine 2 cups sugar, 2 cups water, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and split vanilla bean in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Place peach halves with cut sides up in the syrup and simmer until tender, 5 to 8 minutes per side, basting with the syrup occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool in the syrup. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 4 hours.
- Remove peach skins and serve each peach half on top of a scoop of ice cream in a bowl. Spoon the raspberry sauce over the top. Garnish with toasted, slivered almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420.5 calories, Carbohydrate 96.5 g, Cholesterol 9.2 mg, Fat 4.6 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 21.3 mg, Sugar 90.7 g
NOT-SO-CLASSIC PEACH MELBA
A classic peach Melba is a dessert of poached peach halves and raspberry sauce with vanilla ice cream, invented by the French chef Auguste Escoffier, and named after the Australian soprano Nellie Melba. This not-so-classic version calls for sliced ripe peaches instead of cooked peach halves. Look for the best vanilla ice cream, with real vanilla, or make your own. Easy to assemble, it's a lovely, refreshing and elegant dessert, perfect for when peaches and raspberries are in season.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories ice creams and sorbets, dessert
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Make the raspberry sauce: Put 1 cup raspberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in a blender and whiz to liquify. Pour through a fine-meshed strainer and into a medium bowl. Keep cool.
- Using a paring knife, peel and halve the peaches. Slice the halves into half-moon pieces about 3/8-inch thick. Transfer to a bowl. Add 2 teaspoons sugar and a few drops of lemon juice to taste. Toss to coat.
- To serve, arrange peach slices in the bottom of 6 dessert bowls. Top each serving with a scoop or 2 of vanilla ice cream. Splash raspberry sauce over each portion. Garnish with a few raspberries if you wish.
QUICK PEACH MELBA
Turn on the appliances: For Quick Peach Melba, microwave fresh peaches in a little peach schnapps. Raspberry sauce will zip together fast in a food processor or a blender.
Provided by USA WEEKEND Pam Anderson
Categories Desserts Fruit Dessert Recipes Peach Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Pour schnapps in a microwave-safe pan or pie plate large enough to hold peach halves in a single layer. Place peaches, cut side down in pan. Microwave on high Pour schnapps in a microwave-safe pie plate large enough to hold all peach halves in a single layer. Place peaches cut side down in pan. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Turn peaches over and microwave about 2 minutes longer, until the fruit is tender when poked with a sharp knife. Let peaches cool, then peel. Refrigerate. for 3 minutes.
- Transfer jam to a microwave-safe measuring cup; microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes until partially melted. In a food processor, puree jam and raspberries. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl; strain sauce to remove seeds, pressing with a rubber spatula. Discard seeds. Refrigerate.
- Put 1/2 cup ice cream in each of eight shallow bowls, then a peach half, 2 Tbs. sauce and 1 Tb. almonds. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365 calories, Carbohydrate 62.5 g, Cholesterol 29 mg, Fat 10.8 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 57.1 mg, Sugar 55.7 g
More about "chef johns peach melba recipes"
PEACH MELBA - ALL MY CHEFS
CLASSIC FRENCH PEACH MELBA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO MAKE ESCOFFIER’S LEGENDARY PEACH MELBA RECIPE
CLASSIC PEACH MELBA RECIPE YOU CAN'T RESIST
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT PEACH MELBA | FOOD | THE …
PEACH MELBA RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
CHEF JOHN'S PEACH MELBA - YUM TASTE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CHEF JOHN'S PEACH MELBA | ALLRECIPES
FRINKFOOD - CHEF JOHN'S PEACH MELBA
TRY DELICIOUS & QUICK PEACH MELBA RECIPE NOW - THE CHEF NEXDOOR
EMERIL'S PEACH MELBA | EMERILS.COM
PEACH MELBA COCKTAIL RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CLASSIC PEACH MELBA RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CHEF JOHN'S PEACH MELBA | PEACH MELBA, COBBLER RECIPES, PEACH …
FOOD WISHES VIDEO RECIPES: PEACH MELBA – LET'S TOAST TO A GREAT …
RECIPE FOR PEACH MELBA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RAVNEET GILL’S RECIPE FOR PEACH MELBA ICE-CREAM | THE SWEET SPOT
HOW TO MAKE A MODERN PEACH MELBA - ESCOFFIER
CHEF JOHN'S PEACH MELBA - MASTERCOOK
PEACH MELBA - FOODIE HOME CHEF
PEACH MELBA RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
EASY PEACH MELBA RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CHEF JOHN'S PEACH MELBA | RECIPESTY
HOW TO MAKE PEACH MELBA - YOUTUBE
PEACH MELBA COBBLERS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PEACH MELBA RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
THE ROYALS LOVE PêCHE MELBA - DOWNTON ABBEY COOKS
QUICK AND EASY PEACH MELBA - MANILA SPOON
PEACH MELBA RECIPE | GORDON RAMSAY RECIPES
PEACH MELBA REVISITED - RICARDO
CHEF MELBA'S BRUNCH RECIPES - THE WENDY WILLIAMS SHOW
PEACH MELBA DESSERT RECIPE BY RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHEF JOHN'S PEACH MELBA | RECIPE | PEACH MELBA RECIPE, PEACH …
EASY PEACH MELBA RECIPE - BREYERS
CHEF JOHN'S PEACH MELBA | RECIPE | PEACH MELBA, PEACH MELBA …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love