With a prep time of 15 minutes, this easy chocolate-cherry bread will be baking before you know it!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x5-inch loaf pan with shortening; lightly flour. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs until well mixed. Beat in almond extract and vanilla. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture with sour cream, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in cherries and chocolate chips. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Carbohydrate 36 g, Fat 3, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 243 mg
I am very proud of my banana bread recipe, which is why I adapted it into this amazing cherry-chocolate loaf. While cherries really aren't anything like bananas, this really did work out extremely well--this loaf is a delicious option for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x4-inch loaf pan with 1 teaspoon butter and reserve.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter and sugar together in another bowl with a spatula or an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time with a whisk or an electric mixer, fully blending in the first egg before adding the next. Stir in yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Chop pitted cherries coarsely with a knife, or by pulsing on and off a few times in a food processor. Add to the wet ingredients along with the chocolate chunks and chopped walnuts. Stir briefly to combine. Batter may look curdled, but don't worry.
- Pour in the flour mixture and mix with a spatula until all the flour has disappeared. Transfer batter into the prepared loaf pan, making sure to smooth the top evenly and fill in the corners. Tap pan on the counter to release any air pockets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until nicely browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let bread rest in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- While bread is resting, combine powdered sugar and milk in a bowl for icing, adding more milk as needed to reach a thin, runny consistency.
- Brush icing over loaf, allowing to drip down the sides. Let cool completely before slicing and serving, about 20 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321.1 calories, Carbohydrate 45.3 g, Cholesterol 52.6 mg, Fat 14.5 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 6.9 g, Sodium 272.3 mg, Sugar 23.3 g
CHOCOLATE CHERRY BREAD
Similar to Zingerman's yummy loaf...a not-too-sweet bread studded with bits of bittersweet chocolate and dried cherries. Add some toasted pecan pieces for some extra crunch, or leave them out; your choice. Prep time does not include 2 to 3 hours of rising time.
Provided by Lise in Indiana
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 2 loaves, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In cup, combine warm water, yeast, and 1 teaspoon granulated sugar; stir to dissolve. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, cocoa, brown sugar, and salt.
- With wooden spoon, stir warm coffee, butter, egg yolk (cover egg white and set aside in refrigerator), and yeast mixture into flour mixture.
- In bowl, with floured hands, knead several times to combine well.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, working in enough of remaining 1/2 cup flour just to keep dough from sticking. Knead in cherries and chocolate pieces.
- Shape dough into ball; place in greased large bowl, turning dough to grease top. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place (80 to 85 degrees F) until doubled in volume, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Punch down dough.Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and CUT IN HALF; cover dough and let rest 15 minutes for easier shaping.
- Shape each dough HALF into 5-inch ball : Using the sides of your hands, tuck sides of dough under to meet in center. Rotate and repeat to form taut ball. Place balls, 3-inches apart, in opposite corners of ungreased large cookie sheet. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In cup, beat reserved egg white with water; use to brush tops of loaves. Sprinkle loaves with remaining 2 teaspoons granulated sugar. With serrated knife or single-edge razor blade, cut shallow X in top of each loaf.
- Bake until loaves are crusty, about 25 to 30 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer reads 185°F Tent loosely with foil after 20 minutes, if the loaves are browning too much (it might be difficult to tell!). Transfer to wire racks to cool.
CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE STUFFED MONKEY BREAD RECIPE BY TASTY
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C)
- Cut biscuits in half and cube the cream cheese (32 pieces).
- Flatten each biscuit and place one cube of cream cheese and a few chocolate chips in the center of each. Fold the biscuit dough around the cream cheese and chocolate and form into a ball.
- In a large plastic bag combine white sugar and cinnamon. Add 6-8 dough balls to the bag, seal the bag, and shake until well coated. Repeat for the remainder of the stuffed dough pieces.
- In a microwave safe bowl add brown sugar and butter. Microwave on high for 70 seconds - stopping halfway to stir. Remove from microwave and stir until it reaches a caramel consistency.
- In a greased bundt pan, sprinkle half of the walnuts, half the dough pieces, and drizzle half the caramel glaze. Repeat with remaining walnuts, dough, and glaze.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn upside down onto a plate to cool for 10 minutes before lifting off the pan (this way the warm glaze runs back through and fully coats all the bread)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 738 calories, Carbohydrate 86 grams, Fat 40 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 9 grams, Sugar 45 grams
CHOCOLATE CHERRY BREAD
My friend gave me this recipe 15 years ago and it has been a favorite ever since. We prefer sweet, as opposed to tart, dried cherries. You can also use dried cranberries.
Provided by jullum
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix milk and yeast in a small bowl with a fork until frothy, about 5 minutes. Add egg, butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1 cup flour. Beat for about 5 minutes. Add remaining 2 cups flour; mix until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead until dough is smooth and feels rubbery, about 10 minutes. Add additional flour if needed. Add chocolate chips and cherries; knead just until incorporated.
- Cover dough and let rise in a warm, humid area until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough gently. Let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough in half; shape into loaves. Transfer loaves to a greased baking sheet and let rise again, about 1 hour more.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.1 calories, Carbohydrate 30.3 g, Cholesterol 17 mg, Fat 5 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 169 mg, Sugar 11.5 g
CHOCOLATE MONKEY BREAD
We enjoy this chocolate monkey bread as we open gifts on Christmas. It's impossible to resist. -Heather Deterding, Odenton, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes or until sugar is melted; set aside., Cut each biscuit into quarters. Shape each piece around a chocolate kiss; pinch seams to seal. In a large bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Add biscuits, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat. , Spoon 1/4 cup caramel into a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Arrange a third of the biscuits in the pan and drizzle with 1/4 cup caramel. Repeat layers twice., Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if biscuits brown too quickly. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 432 calories, Fat 22g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 679mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (33g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CHERRY PULL-APART BREAD
Every year I make a huge batch of my cherry bread -some goes to friends as a special treat, and the rest we enjoy as part of our Christmas breakfast. Refrigerated biscuits give the texture of scones to a pretty loaf that's much quicker than yeast bread made from scratch. -Beverly Batty, Forest Lake, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds, cherries and extract until crumbly and well blended., Split biscuits horizontally in half. Line bottom of a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan with three biscuit halves. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons crumb mixture over biscuits; press gently into dough., Place remaining biscuit halves on a lightly floured surface. Top each with remaining crumb mixture; press gently to adhere. Stack seven of the topped biscuits; place stack sideways at one end of the pan, facing crumb sides inward. Repeat with remaining six biscuits, placing stack at opposite end of pan, again facing crumb sides inward., Bake until golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a serving plate., For icing, mix confectioners' sugar, butter, extract and enough water to reach a drizzling consistency. Spoon over warm bread. Top with almonds and cherries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319 calories, Fat 15g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 511mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CHERRY PIE MONKEY BREAD
If you've got refrigerated biscuits, cherry pie filling and PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, you've got all you need to make this decadent Cherry Pie Monkey Bread. Cut the biscuits into quarters and combine the ingredients. Try using a Bundt pan to make a table centerpiece Cherry Pie Monkey Bread.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Cut biscuits into quarters; place in medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly.
- Spoon into 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until golden brown. Cool in pan 10 min. Invert pan onto serving plate; remove pan. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 290 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
More about "cherry chocolate monkey bread recipes"
CHOCOLATE CHERRY MONKEY BREAD MUFFINS - PINT SIZED …
Cuisine AmericanCategory BreadsServings 6Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
CHOCOLATE MONKEY BREAD | RICARDO
25+ BEST MONKEY BREAD RECIPES - SWEET & SAVORY …
MONKEY BREAD | RICARDO
CHOCOLATE MONKEY BREAD - CRAZY FOR CRUST
CHOCOLATE MONKEY BREAD RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CHOCOLATE MONKEY BREAD - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
27 ABSURDLY EASY MONKEY BREAD RECIPES FOR ALL …
CHOCOLATE CHERRY BANANA BREAD - MOM ON TIMEOUT
CHOCOLATE CHERRY MONKEY BREAD MUFFINS - BEYOND FROSTING
5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Unroll biscuits from package and roll each biscuit until flattened like a pancake. Cut into quarters.
- Spoon 2-3 cherries into the center of each quarter. Sprinkle a couple of mini chocolate chips over cherries.
- Pinch together all 4 edges to form a pouch. Juices may be oozing out of the side, but that’s okay. Gently roll in granulated sugar.
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY MONKEY BREAD - SIMPLE JOY
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Unroll both packages of the biscuits and cut each biscuit into four pieces. In a small bowl throughly mix the cinnamon and sugar. Drop each biscuit piece into the mixture making sure it is covered, and then transfer the piece to a bigger bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, almond extract, cherry pie filling, and brown sugar over medium low heat. Cook until the butter is completely melted, stirring occasionally. (I let mine cook while I coated the biscuit pieces.)
- Once all the biscuit pieces are coated and the butter is fully melted, pour the cherry mixture over the biscuit pieces in the large bowl. Pour any additional sugar/cinnamon mixture that is left into the bowl, and stir gently to combine.
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY MONKEY BREAD - MY RECIPE MAGIC
Author Lisa Longley
CHERRY CHOCOLATE MONKEY BREAD | PUNCHFORK
DECADENT CHOCOLATE CHERRY BREAD RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
BLACK CHERRY MINI MONKEY BREAD RECIPE - GROWING UP GABEL
CHERRY CHOCOLATE MONKEY BREAD RECIPE | VALERIE BERTINELLI | FOOD …
CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE MONKEY BREAD - RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
CHERRY CHOCOLATE BREAD RECIPE - WONKYWONDERFUL
CHERRY CHEESECAKE MONKEY BREAD - PITCHFORK FOODIE FARMS
CHOCOLATE CHERRY QUICK BREAD - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
GOOEY CHOCOLATE MONKEY BREAD RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHERRY CHEESECAKE MONKEY BREAD RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY MONKEY BREAD - PINTEREST
CHOCOLATE CHERRY PULL APART BREAD - GATHER FOR BREAD
CHERRY CHOCOLATE MONKEY BREAD RECIPE | VALERIE BERTINELLI | FOOD …
CHERRY CHOCOLATE MONKEY BREAD
CHOCOLATE FILLED MONKEY BREAD | VERY BEST BAKING
CHERRY CHEESECAKE MONKEY BREAD | GIRL VERSUS DOUGH
NO-KNEAD CHOCOLATE-CHERRY PECAN BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CHERRY CHOCOLATE MONKEY BREAD | RECIPE | MONKEY BREAD …
CREAM CHEESE AND CHOCOLATE FILLED MONKEY BREAD (USES A 9 X 13 …
VANESSA LACHEY'S MONKEY BREAD RECIPE - TODAY.COM
CHOCOLATE MONKEY BREAD FROM SCRATCH - JULIA RECIPES
HOT CHOCOLATE MONKEY BREAD - ABOUT A MOM
CHERRY CHOCOLATE CHUNK BREAD - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
You'll also love