SIMPLE CHICKEN AND WHITE BEAN SOUP
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic in hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove onion and garlic to a small bowl.
- Stir chicken into any remaining oil in the pot; cook and stir until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Return onion mixture to the pot; add beans, broth, chiles, cilantro, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the beans are very tender and the chicken cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.8 calories, Carbohydrate 34 g, Cholesterol 42.9 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 7.7 g, Protein 26.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 1495.8 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
BEAN AND PASTA SOUP
We're always on the lookout for great, low-fat recipes and this pasta soup fits the bill. Loaded with veggies, it's fast, filling and delicious. Once school starts, I make it every week. -Maria Gooding, St. Thomas, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick saucepan, saute the celery, carrots and onion in oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, tomatoes, broth, basil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until carrots are tender. , Drain pasta; stir into vegetable mixture. Add the beans; heat through. Stir in spinach; cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 588mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
WHITE BEAN AND PASTA SOUP
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrot, and celery. Sauté until all vegetables are soft, about 12 minutes. Add 3 1/2 cups water, beans with cooking liquid, and tomato and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to mediumlow and simmer 25 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally. Mix in pasta; bring to boil. Cook until pasta is just tender but still firm to bite, adding more water to soup by 1/2 cupfuls if very thick, about 10 minutes. Season soup with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with chopped green onions, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, and serve.
- What to drink:
- Crisp Ruffino 2007 Orvieto Classico ($10)
WHITE BEAN AND PASTA SOUP
My husband and I savor every spoonful of this hearty soup. It makes a real stick-to-your ribs meal when served with crusty oven-fresh bread.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sort beans and rinse with cold water. Place beans in a Dutch oven or soup kettle; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid., In the same pan, cook the sausage, onion, carrot and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, water, currants, basil and reserved beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the beans are tender, stirring occasionally., Add tomatoes and pasta; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 648mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
CHICKEN SOUP WITH PASTA AND WHITE BEANS
Beginning with my Fast Chicken Soup Base it is easy to knock hours off of the cooking time usually needed for homemade chicken soup and still end up with soup that tastes even better than the 'from scratch' method. With a little creativity you can easily make two varieties of these soul-satisfying meals.
Provided by Ben S.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare Fast Chicken Soup Base. Bring to a simmer.
- Add these, then simmer until tender, 10-20 minutes: 2 16-ounce cans white beans, drained; 1 cup small pasta, such as ditalini; 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes; 2 tsps. minced fresh rosemary.
- Before removing from heat, stir in: 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley.
- Final touch: Add salt and pepper, to taste. Serve soup with grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.2 calories, Carbohydrate 37 g, Cholesterol 4.4 mg, Fat 2.1 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 12.5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 303 mg, Sugar 2 g
More about "chicken soup with pasta and white beans recipes"
WHITE BEAN CHICKEN SOUP - DIARY OF A RECIPE COLLECTOR
Reviews 17Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 1Calories 450 per serving
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion. Season with 3/4 tsp creole seasoning. Cook for about 7 minutes.
WHITE BEANS, PASTA, AND CHICKEN | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
3/5 (10)Calories 602 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
- In a blender or food processor, combine 3/4 cup of the beans and the chicken broth. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Place bean puree in pan used for cooking the pasta; bring to boiling. Return pasta to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook garlic in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil for 1 minute. Add tomatoes; cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining beans, shredded chicken, snipped parsley, pepper, and salt. Heat through.
- Add the tomato mixture to hot pasta; toss to coat. Top with parsley sprigs and additional olive oil. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
WHITE BEAN CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | THE MODERN PROPER
Ratings 4Total Time 50 minsServings 6Calories 263 per serving
- Sauté onions, carrots, celery, jalapeño and bay leaf until vegetables are onions are tender, about 5 minutes
- Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.Add chicken stock, beans, shredded chicken, salt and pepper and dill
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN, BEAN & PASTA SOUP RECIPE - …
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory SoupsCalories 402 per serving
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add shallot, carrots, and celery. Saute until the vegetables are beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes with juices, chicken broth, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low, partially cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover the soup, remove the bay leaves, add cooked chicken, beans, and pasta. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley and 8 leaves fresh basil, thinly sliced. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve.
CHICKEN FAJITA SOUP WITH WHITE BEANS - CRUMB TOP BAKING
5/5 (18)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dinner; LunchCalories 436 per serving
- Add one tablespoon of oil to an oven safe pot/pan with a lid (I used a dutch oven) and heat over medium-heat on the stove top for a few minutes.
DITALINI SOUP RECIPE WITH CANNELLINI WHITE BEANS | BARILLA
Cuisine ItalianCategory Blue BoxServings 6
CHICKEN TORTELLINI WHITE BEAN SOUP - FLOUR ON MY FACE
Ratings 1Calories 266 per servingCategory Soup
- Strain liquid from the stock pot through a fine mesh strainer, reserving the pieces of carrot and liquid. Discard solids from strainer.
1-POT CHICKEN SOUP WITH WHITE BEANS & KALE - MINIMALIST ...
5/5 (42)Calories 201 per servingCategory Entrée or Side, Soup
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, add bacon (optional) or oil. Let heat for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Then add onion.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onion is translucent and fragrant. Then add garlic and sauté 2-3 minutes more, being careful not to burn.
- Next add broth, slightly drained white beans, and chicken and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes to meld the flavors. Then taste and season with salt and pepper to taste. In the last few minutes of cooking, add the kale, cover, and cook until wilted.
- Serve hot. Store cooled leftovers covered in the fridge up to 3-4 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot.
PESTO, CHICKEN, AND WHITE BEAN SOUP RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
5/5 (7)Total Time 50 minsCategory Soup, Lunch, Weeknight DinnerCalories 468 per serving
- Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until it’s browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes.
CHICKEN AND WHITE BEAN SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (26)Total Time 40 minsServings 4Calories 335 per serving
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat 7 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan; set bacon aside.
- Add chicken to drippings in pan; sauté 6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Add onion and garlic to pan; cook 4 minutes or until tender. Add tomato, oregano, and pepper; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return bacon and chicken to pan. Stir in 2 cups water and broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Add orzo, and cook for 9 minutes or until al dente. Add beans; cook 2 minutes or until heated. Remove from heat; stir in parsley, vinegar, and salt.
WHITE BEAN AND CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE - MELISSA RUBEL ...
5/5 Total Time 1 hr 35 minsServings 8
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large enameled cast-iron casserole, heat the oil until shimmering. Add half of the chicken at a time and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned all over, about 8 minutes per batch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the onions to the casserole and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until tender, 5 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeño and cook until fragrant. Add the flour, chile powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Add the stock, navy beans and chicken and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat until the chicken is very tender, 30 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer the soup over moderate heat until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the tortilla chips, sour cream, Jack cheese, cilantro and avocado.
TUSCAN CHICKEN SOUP WITH WHITE BEANS AND PASTA • SALT ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory SoupServings 6Total Time 55 mins
- Add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, white beans, garlic, Italian seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil on high heat, and then reduce to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
TUSCAN STYLE CHICKEN SOUP - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
5/5 (19)Calories 412 per servingCategory Dinner
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes on a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the celery, carrots and potatoes, stir, then add in the chicken stock, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and heat through for 2-3 minutes, then add the kale. Stir and simmer for 1-2 minutes until the kale has wilted. Test and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
WHITE BEAN CHICKEN CHILI | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
Reviews 1Category Soups & StewsServings 4Total Time 1 hr
- In a heavy pot, heat the oil, and then once it is hot, add the chicken pieces, and cook until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the chicken to a bowl, and add the vegetables to the pot, and cook until they are just beginning to soften.
PASTA & BEAN SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
4.9/5 (2)Total Time 35 minsCategory Healthy Italian Soup RecipesCalories 92 per serving
- Combine broth, garlic, rosemary and crushed red pepper in a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven or soup pot; bring to a simmer. Partially cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes to intensify flavor. Meanwhile, mash 1 cup beans in a small bowl.
- Scoop garlic cloves and rosemary from the broth with a slotted spoon (or pass the soup through a strainer and return to the pot). Add mashed and whole beans to the broth, along with tomatoes; return to a simmer. Stir in pasta, cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is just tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, cover and cook just until the spinach has thawed, 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish each serving with a drizzle of oil, if desired, and a sprinkling of Parmesan.
- Variation: Substitute chickpeas (garbanzo beans) for the cannellini beans; use a food processor to puree them.
LEMON CHICKEN WHITE BEAN SOUP • SALT & LAVENDER
4.8/5 (6)Total Time 35 minsCategory SoupCalories 286 per serving
CHICKEN AND WHITE BEAN SOUP WITH GREENS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (5)Total Time 25 minsServings 6Calories 209 per serving
- Heat oil in a stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 3–4 minutes or until tender but not browned. Add carrots, and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add broth, chicken, and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, skimming occasionally.
- Add beans and kale, and simmer for about 5 minutes more. Add spinach, and cook 2–3 minutes more or until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove rosemary sprig and garlic clove. Ladle soup into 6 warm bowls; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon parsley.
RECIPE: CHICKEN AND BEAN SOUP | CBC LIFE
CREAMY CHICKEN PASTA SOUP RECIPE WITH CARROT AND SPINACH ...
4.7/5 (3)Category Cook, Cooking & MealsServings 8Calories 325 per serving
PASTA WITH WHITE BEANS, CHICKEN AND SPINACH - SCATTERED ...
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHICKEN AND WHITE BEAN SOUP WITH GREENS - ALL INFORMATION ...
CHICKEN SOUP WITH PASTA AND WHITE BEANS RECIPE
EASY WHITE PASTA E FAGIOLI - TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make lemon chicken white bean soup?This lemon chicken white bean soup is light, healthy, and flavorful. It has pasta, veggies, beans, and plenty of tender chicken in a tasty lemony broth. Add the oil, celery, onion, and carrots to a soup pot and sauté over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
How do you cook chicken and beans in a soup?Directions. Stir chicken into any remaining oil in the pot; cook and stir until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Return onion mixture to the pot; add beans, broth, chiles, cilantro, salt, and cayenne pepper. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the beans are very tender and...
How to make the Creamy Chicken Pasta Soup?To make the creamy chicken pasta soup: In a large dutch oven, add the carrots, celery, onion, garlic and saute in olive oil until tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add cooked chicken and continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring regularly. 2. Add the broth, heavy cream, and cream cheese.
How do you cook beans and pasta in a crock pot?Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the beans are tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and pasta; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve with cheese.