CHICKEN WITH PRUNES AND OLIVES
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine the oil, vinegar, prunes, capers, oregano, olives, garlic, bay leaves, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large shallow baking dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken from the marinade to a plate. Pour the marinade into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange the chicken on top, skin-side up. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the chicken breasts and pour the white wine around them.
- Bake, basting three or four times with the pan juices, until the chicken is crispy on top and cooked through, 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken, prunes, olives and capers to a serving platter. Moisten with a few spoonfuls of the pan juices and sprinkle generously with the parsley. Pour the remaining pan juices into a sauceboat and pass with the chicken.
PRUNE AND OLIVE CHICKEN
A taste of the Mediterranean in one delicious baked chicken dish. This is a classic Chicken Mirabella recipe.
Provided by Teresa
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European Italian
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a medium bowl combine the garlic, prunes, olives, capers, olive oil, vinegar, bay leaves, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well. Spread mixture in the bottom of a 10x15 inch baking dish. Add the chicken pieces, stir and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove dish from refrigerator. Sprinkle brown sugar on top and pour white wine all around chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, spooning juices over chicken several times as it is baking. Serve on a platter, pouring juices over the top, and garnish with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402.2 calories, Carbohydrate 16.5 g, Cholesterol 97 mg, Fat 22.4 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 31.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 307.8 mg, Sugar 13.1 g
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH PRUNES AND OLIVES
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories dinner, weekday, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Dry chicken and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large, heavy skillet, preferably cast iron, to very hot. Add chicken (in batches if necessary) skin side down, and sear until skin is golden brown. Remove chicken when browned (do not turn it) and set aside.
- Discard all but a thin film of fat from the pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté on low until soft. Stir in paprika and cumin, cook about a minute and then add prunes, olives, stock and butter. Cook, stirring, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer contents of pan to a 12- to 14-inch tagine, sauté pan or casserole. Place chicken on top, skin side up.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat about 40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately or set aside to be reheated. To serve, scatter lemon zest and mint over the chicken, squeeze juice of the lemon on top and bring tagine to the table covered.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 690, UnsaturatedFat 29 grams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 46 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 44 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 855 milligrams, Sugar 13 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH OLIVES AND PRESERVED LEMONS
This rich and fragrant chicken stew is laden with complex flavors and spices reminiscent of the sort you might encounter in a mountainside cafe in Morocco. Save yourself the cost of a plane ticket, however, and make this at home. First, rub the chicken with a redolent combination of garlic, saffron, ground ginger, paprika, cumin, turmeric and black pepper, then pop it into the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours to marinate. Once that's done, brown the chicken parts, and remove from the pan, making room for a pile of sliced onions that you'll sauté until golden brown. Nestle a cinnamon stick into the tangle of onions, pile the chicken parts on top and scatter with slices of preserved lemons and olives, a combination of green and kalamata. Add a bit of chicken stock and lemon juice, then cook over low heat until the chicken is cooked through, and your house smells amazing.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Mix garlic, saffron, ginger, paprika, cumin and turmeric together. If not using kosher chicken, add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add pepper to taste. Rub chicken with mixture, cover, refrigerate and marinate 3 to 4 hours.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet. Add chicken, and brown on all sides. Remove to platter. Add onions to skillet, and cook over medium-low heat about 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer to tagine, if you are using one, or leave in skillet. Add cinnamon stick.
- Put chicken on onions. Scatter with olives. Quarter the lemons, remove pulp and cut skin in strips. Scatter over chicken. Mix stock and lemon juice. Pour over chicken.
- Cover tagine or skillet. Place over low heat, and cook about 30 minutes, until chicken is done. Scatter parsley on top, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 628, UnsaturatedFat 29 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 44 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 46 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 874 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH OLIVES AND APRICOTS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Sprinkle the chicken all over with 2 teaspoons salt. Refrigerate, uncovered, at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice 1 lemon; spread out the slices and sprinkle generously with salt on both sides. Stack the slices on a plate and let stand at room temperature, at least 20 minutes and up to 3 hours.
- Pat the chicken dry. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add 3 tablespoons olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add half of the chicken, skin-side down; cover and cook until the skin is golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a platter. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Discard the excess oil.
- Add the butter, onion, garlic, ginger, coriander, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, saffron and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to the pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the onion softens, about 5 minutes; stir in the cilantro and parsley. Push the onion mixture to one side, then add the chicken to the pot, skin-side up. Spoon some of the onion mixture over the chicken and add 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low; cover and gently simmer, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the apricots, 1 cup water and the honey in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cover and cook until the apricots are plump, about 15 minutes. Uncover and cook until the liquid is syrupy, about 15 more minutes; set aside. Cook the almonds in the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Set aside on paper towels.
- Chop the salted lemon slices into small pieces; add to the pot with the chicken along with the olives and the juice of the remaining lemon. Cover and continue cooking until the chicken is tender, about 20 more minutes. Arrange the chicken on a platter. Top with the olive sauce, apricot mixture and almonds. Serve with couscous.
VEGETABLE TAGINE WITH OLIVES AND PRUNES
This is a flavorful dish that can be adapted to whatever vegetables you have on hand It always gets rave reviews from my dinner guests. You can substitute or add parsnips, zucchini, rutabaga - whatever is handy. It was passed on to me from a vegan friend.
Provided by Marilyn Rob
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a Dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the shallots, celery, garlic and cinnamon stick and cook, stirring, untill the shallots and celery are soft (about 7 minutes).
- Add the paprika, cumin, coriander, cardamom, salt, black papper and cayenne. Continue cooking until the spices are fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, string beans, squash or sweet potato, cauliflower, fennel and carrot. Add additional vegetable broth or water as needed to cover the vegetables. Addf the saffron and stir well.
- Cover the pot and bake until the vegetables are tender, 40 to 45 minutes. About 5 minutes before the stew is done add the chickpeas, olives and prunes. Garnish with parsley just before serving.
- Note: The type of tomatoes used will determine the amount of broth or water that will be needed. Crushed tomatoes require the addition of about 1 cup water. Stovetop cooking may require slightly more water.
- The dish should be on the dry side, not soupy and the vegetables should be tender and not soggy.
EASY CHICKEN TAGINE/TAJINE WITH OLIVES AND LEMON
From Cooking Light magazine, an easy way to prepare a dish like the traditional Moroccan stew. This is great served with couscous.
Provided by chelseas
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat.
- Add chicken, cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add onion and garlic to pan, cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken, broth, olives, cinnamon, and ginger; bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Turn chick over; cook, uncovered 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add lemon rind, juice, cilantro, and parsley to pan and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226.9, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 98.8, Sodium 263.2, Carbohydrate 7.2, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 2.2, Protein 40.3
More about "chicken tagine with prunes and olives recipes"
CHICKEN RECIPE: CHICKEN AND GREEN OLIVE TAGINE - GOOD …
MOROCCAN TAGINE WITH PRUNES | OLDWAYS
OUR FAVORITE TAGINE RECIPES - FOOD & WINE
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE WITH POTATOES AND OLIVES …
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH PRESERVED LEMONS AND OLIVES
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH ORANGES AND OLIVES - CHATELAINE
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH LEMON AND OLIVES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TAGINE-STYLE CHICKEN WITH PRUNES | RICARDO
4/5 (28)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main Dishes
ROAST CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND PRUNES | CANADIAN LIVING
BEST CHICKEN WITH PRUNES AND OLIVES RECIPES
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE WITH PRUNES - EAT BURN SLEEP
SOUL-WARMING CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH APRICOTS AND PRUNES - THE DAILY MEAL
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH PRUNES AND ALMONDS RECIPE - FOOD …
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH PRUNES AND TOASTED ALMONDS
CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE WITH OLIVES AND LEMONS - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
CHICKEN LEG TAGINE WITH PRUNES, APRICOTS AND ROASTED ALMONDS
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE WITH CALIFORNIA PRUNES
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH APRICOTS AND PRUNES | MEAL AND A SPIEL
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE WITH PRESERVED LEMONS AND OLIVES
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH PRUNES, APRICOT & OLIVES | RECIPES - BOROUGH …
CHICKEN AND APRICOT TAGINE WITH PRUNES AND PRESERVED LEMONS
SLOW COOKER MOROCCAN CHICKEN & OLIVE TAGINE - SKINNYTASTE
CHICKEN WITH PRUNES, APRICOTS AND OLIVES - JAMIE GELLER
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE WITH CHICKPEAS, OLIVE & PRUNES
CHICKEN PRUNE TAGINE - SPICY COMFORT FOOD - MAD ABOUT MACARONS
CHICKEN WITH APRICOTS AND PRUNES - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
THE BEST MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH LEMONS AND OLIVES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TAGINE OF CHICKEN WITH PRUNES AND ALMONDS - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH LEMON, OLIVES & PRUNES - THE NOSHERY
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH PRUNES AND OLIVES RECIPE | RECIPE | CHICKEN …
CHICKEN WITH PRUNES AND OLIVES RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
TOP 45 MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH PRUNES RECIPE RECIPES
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH PRUNES AND CHEAP WINE - MEDITERRANEAN LIVING
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH PRUNES AND OLIVES RECIPES
CHICKEN TAJINE WITH PRUNES AND ALMONDS | THE PETIT GOURMET
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH APRICOTS, PRUNES AND PRESERVED LEMON
BEST CHICKEN WITH PRUNES AND OLIVES RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love