CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
This is an easy recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala--chicken marinated in yogurt and spices and then served in a tomato cream sauce. Serve with rice or warm pita bread.
Provided by Yakuta
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian Indian
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 403.5 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 143.2 mg, Fat 28.9 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 24.6 g, SaturatedFat 16.9 g, Sodium 1592.4 mg, Sugar 7.1 g
THE BEST CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
Chicken Tikka Masala is thought to have been created by a Bangladeshi chef in Glasgow in the 1960s. It's a spicy, tomato-based dish seasoned with garlic, ginger, fenugreek and garam masala. In this recipe we used fenugreek leaves for their nutty and slightly minty flavor. If you can't find them, substitute dried mint leaves and a pinch of ground fenugreek. Garam masala is a popular Indian spice blend that usually includes black and white pepper, cloves, cinnamon, mace, cardamom, bay, cumin and coriander. It's pretty easy to find in your local grocery store and most national spice companies.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 24
- For the chicken marinade: Whisk together the yogurt, ginger, salt, chili powder, garam masala, pepper, turmeric and garlic in a large bowl until combined. Toss the chicken in the spiced yogurt marinade until evenly coated. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours and up to 24. (Overnight works best.)
- For the sauce: Melt the ghee in a large Dutch oven or wide heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onions and serrano, season with 1 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden and beginning to caramelize, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, until very fragrant and the ginger starts to turn golden and sticks to the bottom of the pot, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the fenugreek leaves, garam masala, chili powder and paprika and cook, stirring occasionally, until very fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, breaking them up into pieces with a spoon, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reduced by half and the tomatoes are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Let the hot sauce cool for about 5 minutes or so, then transfer it to a blender filling no more than halfway. (If your blender is small, you may need to work in batches.) Remove the center cap from the lid and place it on the blender. Cover the lid with a kitchen towel to catch splatters, and pulse until smooth. Add 1/4 cup heavy cream and puree until creamy. Pour into a clean pot and bring to a simmer. Season with salt.
- Meanwhile, position a rack directly under the broiler and preheat to high. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack inside.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the rack. Broil until the chicken starts to brown in spots, 3 to 6 minutes per side (it will not be cooked through). Remove from the broiler. When cool enough to handle, cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Add the chicken to the simmering sauce, cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Top the chicken and sauce with cilantro. Serve with rice and naan.
The traditional chicken tikka consists of small pieces of marinated chicken, threaded onto skewers and grilled. Unlike a chicken tikka masala, this is like a dry tandoori!
Categories comfort food dinner chicken tikka chicken tikka recipe chicken tikka marinade chicken tikka kebab
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a bowl, combine chicken pieces with lemon juice and salt. Rub in, cover and refrigerate for 20minutes. This step helps the meat to tenderise, resulting in juicier, chicken pieces.
- In another bowl, combine ginger, garlic, cumin, paprika, garam masala, cayenne and yogurt. Add in chicken pieces and mix well. Refrigerate for minimum 4 hours but ideally overnight.
- To cook, preheat the grill to highest setting. Thread the meat onto wooden skewers and brush with oil. Put the skewers on a shallow baking tray and grill for approx 6 minutes each side until browned and cooked through.
- Serve with pilau rice and naan.
CHICKEN TIKKA RECIPE
- Place the chicken breast pieces into a bowl or freezer bag with the yogurt, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, coriander, turmeric, cumin, paprika, chilli powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Mix together so that everything is combined, then cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- If you're using wooden skewers, place them in water to soak while the chicken is marinating. This will help to prevent them burning during grilling.
- Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge and thread onto skewers.
- Brush the chicken with the oil, then place on a griddle plate and cook, turning a couple of times, for 8-10 minutes until cooked through. Alternatively, you can grill (broil) under a grill, or you can barbecue for the same amount of time.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked by slicing into a larger piece and ensuring it's no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve with a sprinkling of freshly chopped coriander.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 151 kcal, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 20 g, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 54 mg, Sodium 301 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
Make Indian takeout at home with Aarti Sequeira's Chicken in Creamy Tomato Curry: Chicken Tikka Masala, from Aarti Party on Food Network.
Provided by Aarti Sequeira
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 23
- For the marinade: In a large bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes, or in the refrigerator up to overnight.
- For the sauce: When you're ready to make the curry, place a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil and butter. When the butter has melted, add the Ginger-Garlic Paste and serrano peppers. Saute until lightly browned around the edges. Add the tomato paste and cook until the tomato has darkened in color, about 3 minutes. Add the garam masala and the paprika and saute for about 1 minute to draw out their flavors.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, and cook until thickened, about 20 minutes. You may need more water depending on how much liquid the tomatoes give off.
- Meanwhile, fire up your grill. When it is nice and hot, lightly brush it with oil. Place the chicken on the grill, shaking off some of the excess marinade. Cook until it's charred, about 2 minutes on each side. (Don't worry that the chicken will still be a little uncooked, it finishes cooking in the sauce).
- Pour the sauce into a blender or food processor, or use an immersion blender, and process until smooth. Pour back into the skillet and bring back up to a boil. Add the chicken and fenugreek leaves, if using. Take the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the cream and stir through. Garnish with minced fresh cilantro, and serve over rice, with naan, or a crusty piece of bread!
- Throw the garlic, ginger, and canola oil in a mini-food processor and let it go until it forms a semi-smooth paste. There will still be tiny little pieces in there, but overall, it should resemble a paste.
- Save what you don't use in a small glass jar. It should last in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks. It's a delicious addition to marinades, pasta sauces, stir fry sauces, slow-cooker recipes, gravy etc. We always had a jar of this stuff in our fridge growing up.
Really delicious chicken tikka and just like you get at Indian restaurants or possibly better! Very healthy too! Garnish with sliced onion and lemon wedges. Serve with steamed rice or naan. Can also be made on the grill.
Provided by indomagic
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian Indian Main Dishes Chicken
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine chilies, cilantro, yogurt, tomato paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, tikka masala, food coloring, and salt in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven for 10 minutes; flip and spray with cooking spray. Continue to bake until chicken is no longer pink in the centers and juices run clear, 5 to 10 minutes more. Turn on the oven's broiler. Broil until browned, 3 to 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256.4 calories, Carbohydrate 12 g, Cholesterol 85.9 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 32.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 876.9 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
HOMEMADE CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE BY TASTY
You've been itching for a change recently. You know, something to spice things up and throw a spanner into the monotony of routine. Enter: chicken tikka masala. Sure, it might take two days to throw together, but when you pair it with some fluffy steamed rice or buttery, garlic naan, it's well worth the wait. Don't believe us? Try it yourself!
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Yield 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 27
- Slice the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Combine the cubed chicken with the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, salt, cumin, garam masala, and paprika and stir until well-coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C). Line a high-sided baking pan or roasting tray with parchment paper.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces on bamboo or wooden skewers, then set them over the prepared baking pan, making sure there is space underneath the chicken to help distribute the heat more evenly. Bake for about 15 minutes, until slightly dark brown on the edges.
- Make the sauce: Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, then sauté the onions, ginger, and garlic until tender but not browned. Add the cumin, turmeric, coriander, paprika, chili powder, and garam masala and stir constantly for about 30 seconds, until the spices are fragrant. Stir in the tomato puree, tomato sauce, and 1 ¼ cups of water, then bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes. Pour in the cream.
- Remove the chicken from the skewers and add to the sauce, cooking for another 1-2 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve over rice or alongside naan bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 485 calories, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 34 grams, Sugar 10 grams
- Purée all ingredients except chicken in a blender until spices are well ground.
- Put chicken in a large bowl, or divide between 2 large sealable plastic bags, and add yogurt mixture, stirring or turning to coat. Marinate chicken, covered and chilled (turning occasionally if using bags), at least 4 hours.
- Soak skewers in water 30 minutes. While skewers are soaking, bring chicken to room temperature.
- Preheat broiler and brush a broiler pan lightly with oil.
- Divide chicken among skewers (about 5 cubes per skewer), leaving an 1/8-inch space between cubes, and arrange about 5 skewers across pan. Broil chicken about 4 inches from heat, turning over once, until browned in spots and just cooked through, 9 to 12 minutes total.
- Transfer cooked skewers to a large platter and, if desired, cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Broil remaining chicken in same manner. Remove chicken from skewers and serve warm or at room temperature.
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
This takeaway favourite is freezer-friendly and quick to reheat, giving you the chance to get ahead and save money.
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the vegetable oil and butter in a large, lidded casserole on the hob, then add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for 15-20 mins until soft and golden.
- Add the tikka masala paste and peppers, then cook for 5 mins more to cook out the rawness of the spices.
- Add the chicken breasts and stir well to coat in the paste. Cook for 2 mins, then tip in the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and 200ml water. Cover with a lid and gently simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the lid, stir through the mango chutney, double cream and natural yogurt, then gently warm through. Season, then set aside whatever you want to freeze. Will keep, in an airtight container, in the freezer for up to three months. Scatter the rest with coriander leaves and serve with basmati rice and naan bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 13 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 31 grams protein, Sodium 1.04 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN TIKKA BIRYANI RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: chicken breast, natural yogurt, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, tikka masala sauce, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, oil, onion, ginger garlic paste, cumin seed, black peppercorns, cloves, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt, tomatoes, natural yogurt, water, water, basmati rice, bay leaf, cumin seed, onion, fresh coriander, oil, water
Provided by Evelyn Liu
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 29
- Preheat the oven 430˚F ( 220˚C).
- Combine all the chicken tikka ingredients and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Skewer the marinated chicken pieces on bamboo skewers, then place them over a baking tray lined with parchment paper, making sure there is space underneath the chicken to help distribute the heat more evenly.
- Reserve the chicken tikka marinade for later use.
- Bake the chicken skewers for about 15 minutes, until slightly dark brown on the edges and cooked throughout.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, then sauté the onions with the herbs and spices until just browned.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and fry till soft.
- Pour in the yogurt, water, and reserved tikka marinade, and mix it well with the vegetables and spices.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, add in the chicken and cook for a further 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pot, assemble your biryani in the following layers: ⅓ rice, ½ chicken curry, ½ caramelised onion, ½ coriander, ⅓ rice, oil, ½ of the saffron-infused water, ½ chicken curry, ⅓ rice, the rest of the saffron-infused water, ½ caramelised onion, and finally top with the remaining coriander.
- Simmer the biryani over a low heat for 10 minutes or until all the water is absorbed and the rice and chicken are heated throughout.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440 calories, Carbohydrate 44 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 31 grams, Sugar 9 grams
More about "chicken tikka recipes"
ROAST TIKKA CHICKEN | CHICKEN RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
CHICKEN TIKKA IN OVEN | EASY CHICKEN TIKKA KEBAB - FOODIES TERMINAL
CHICKEN TIKKA RECIPE (AIRFRYER/OVEN) - SPICE CRAVINGS
CHICKEN TIKKA DRUMSTICKS - PINCH OF NOM
CHICKEN TIKKA - AFELIA'S KITCHEN
CHICKEN TIKKA RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
CHICKEN TIKKA RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA (SO EASY!) - SIMPLY RECIPES
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHICKEN TIKKA - GLEBE KITCHEN
EASY CHICKEN TIKKA RECIPE WITH HOMEMADE SPICE MIX
CHICKEN TIKKA MAKHANI RECIPE – I COOK THE WORLD
BBQ CHICKEN TIKKA | NO BULLSH*T RECIPES
TANDOORI CHICKEN TIKKA RECIPE - STEP BY STEP ILLUSTRATED INSTRUCTIONS
CHICKEN TIKKA RECIPE - NDTV FOOD
BUTTER CHICKEN VS TIKKA MASALA: WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE? - RECIPES.NET
CHICKEN TIKKA — PATAKS
CHICKEN TIKKA RECIPE | WITHOUT OVEN OR TANDOOR - YUMMY INDIAN …
10 BEST CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - CAFE DELITES
CHICKEN TIKKA RECIPE - MISTY RICARDO CURRY KITCHEN - TANGY AND JUICY
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CREAMY CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA | RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN TIKKA AND NAAN BREAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CHICKEN TIKKA: BEST HOMEMADE INDIAN MARINADE - SEARCHING FOR …
EGG FRIED RICE TO CHICKEN TIKKA: TAKEOUT FAVORITES YOU CAN MAKE AT …
BEST EVER CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA | CANADIAN LIVING
EASY CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - DAMN DELICIOUS
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
10 BEST CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA BUTTER RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - THE WOKS OF LIFE
RESTAURANT STYLE CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
EASY CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER
CRISPY CHICKEN TIKKA BOWLS WITH MINT SAUCE RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
SLOW COOKED CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE
EASY AND QUICK CHICKEN TIKKA BITES RECIPE | ORIENTASIAN
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #appetizers #lunch #snacks #poultry #asian #indian #oven #dinner-party #finger-food #holiday-event #picnic #chicken #stove-top #spicy #brown-bag #valentines-day #meat #taste-mood #to-go #equipment #presentation #served-hot #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love