CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TOSTADAS
Mashing some chickpeas into the sizzling chorizo adds heft while keeping this meal light on the meat
Provided by Lauren Schaefer
Categories Bon Appétit Dinner Lunch Pork Chickpea Sausage Cilantro Yogurt Soy Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Quick & Easy Kid-Friendly
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Measure out ½ cup chickpeas; reserve remaining chickpeas for another use. Finely grate zest of lime into a small bowl. Cut lime in half and squeeze juice from one half into bowl with zest. Cut remaining half into wedges; set aside for serving.
- Gather cilantro on a cutting board. Starting at the stem end, finely chop until you get to the leaves; reserve leaves for serving. Add stems to bowl with lime. Add yogurt to bowl and mix well. Season with salt.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium. Cook chorizo, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until partially cooked, about 3 minutes. Add chickpeas and season with salt. Cook, mashing some of the chickpeas with spoon until chorizo is cooked through and crisp, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread yogurt mixture over tostada shells. Top with chorizo mixture, then with reserved cilantro leaves. Serve with reserved lime wedges for squeezing over.
CHICKPEAS AND CHORIZO
Garbanzo beans, or chickpeas, and chorizo is a classic Spanish dish sometimes served as tapas and sometimes as a full stew. This recipe adds potatoes to make a it little more hearty as a full meal. Serve with a citrus and fennel salad and some crusty bread for a full meal. I like to leave the garlic cloves whole as above and spread the cloves on the bread during meal. If you don't, then reduce garlic but chop and don't add until after liquid has been added or it may scorch.
Provided by Pete Zaria
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Stews
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Put garbanzo beans into a large container; add enough cool water to cover by several inches. Soak beans 8 hours to overnight. Drain and rinse before using.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Halve both the red bell pepper and green bell pepper from top to bottom. Remove and discard the stem, seeds, and ribs. Arrange pepper halves with cut sides down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast peppers under the preheated broiler until their skins have blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes; transfer to a bowl and tightly seal bowl with plastic wrap to steam the peppers as they cool until the skins are loosened, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard skins. Slice peppers.
- Heat canola oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook and stir potatoes in hot oil until browned, about 10 minutes; add chorizo and continue to cook and stir until chorizo is hot, 3 to 5 minutes more. Stir peppers, onion, garlic cloves, paprika, and salt into the potato mixture; cook, stirring infrequently, until the onion softens, about 10 minutes more.
- Stir soaked garbanzo beans into the mixture. Pour sherry over everything. Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, place a cover on the pot, and cook at a simmer until the beans are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411.3 calories, Carbohydrate 36.5 g, Cholesterol 37.4 mg, Fat 21.1 g, Fiber 8.6 g, Protein 19.1 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 793.1 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
CHICKPEA CHORIZO TOSTADAS WITH AVOCADO CREMA
Spicy meatless chorizo made from chickpeas and walnuts is piled onto crispy shells and drizzled with rich avocado crema to make these mouthwatering vegan tostadas.
Provided by Oh My Veggies
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Place the chickpeas and walnuts into the bowl of a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Pulse 4 or 5 times, just until the chickpeas are chopped and crumbly, being careful not to overdo it.
- Coat the bottom of a medium skillet with oil and place it over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté about 1 minute more, until very fragrant. Add the chickpea mixture, paprika, cumin, ancho chile powder, thyme, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, cloves, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the skillet. Gently flip a few times to incorporate the spices into the mixture. Cook, flipping occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until the mixture dries out a bit and begins to crisp in spots. Add vinegar and flip a few more times to incorporate. Remove from heat and season with additional salt and cayenne pepper if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray both sides of the tortillas with oil or cooking spray, then place them in the over, arranging them flat, directly on the oven rack. Bake until they begin to brown and crisp, about 8 minutes.
- While the shells bake, place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Taste test and season with additional salt if desired.
- Divide the chickpea chorizo among the shells and top with lettuce, tomato and avocado crema. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248 kcal, Sugar 3 g, Sodium 330 mg, Fat 18 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Carbohydrate 20 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 5 g, UnsaturatedFat 15 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHICKPEA & CHORIZO TOSTADAS: BASICALLY REMAKE
Chickpea & Chorizo Tostadas: Basically Remake
Provided by Stephanie
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place tortillas on a baking sheet (use two if baking 8 at once) and brush both sides with oil, using 1 tbsp for every 4 tortillas. Top with a wire rack to keep the tortillas flat. Bake 15-18 minutes, rotating halfway through, until crisp. Dab excess oil with paper towel if desired.
- Zest the lime into a small bowl (use two small bowls if you need to make a less-cilantro version). Halve the lime and squeeze the juice into the bowl(s). Finely dice the cilantro stems and add them to the lime zest and juice. Add the yogurt and a pinch of salt. Stir well; taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the chorizo, stirring to break up the meat. After a few minutes add the drained chickpeas. Continue to cook, smashing some of the beans with the back of the spoon or spatula, until the meat is cooked through and beginning to crisp.
- To serve, spread yogurt crema on tortillas and top with chorizo mixture. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- To eat tostadas later: Yogurt and filling can be prepared together and refrigerated. Reheat filling in a covered pan over medium-low heat. Bake tostada shells fresh.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461, Fat 26 g, Carbohydrate 40 g, Protein 18 g, Fiber 6 g, Sugar 6 g
TOSTADA WITH CHORIZO
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pour the oil into a large pot, to a depth of 2 to 3 inches, and heat to 375 degrees F. Drop in 1 tortilla at a time and fry until crisp, about 1 to 2 minutes, turning once. Remove with tongs, shake off excess oil and transfer to paper towels to drain. Repeat for all tortillas.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet over moderate heat. Add the chorizo and saute for 3 minutes, or until browned. Spoon out excess fat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 more minute to release its aroma. Add the tomatoes saute an additional minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the anejo cheese.
- To serve, spoon warm chorizo mixture onto crisp tortillas and top with shredded lettuce.
CHICKPEA & CHIPOTLE TOSTADAS
I often take a not-so-healthy dish and create something good for my family. My young twins love colorful meals they can eat with their hands, and this one fits the bill. -Amber Massey, Argyle, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat broiler. For sauce, mix sour cream and salsa., In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir red pepper and onion over medium heat until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in broth, chickpeas, chipotles, cumin and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes., Coarsely mash mixture with a potato masher; stir in cilantro and lime juice. If desired, cook over low heat to thicken, stirring frequently., In batches, spritz both sides of tortillas with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet; broil 4-5 in. from heat until crisp and lightly browned, about 1 minute per side. To serve, top tortillas with chickpea mixture, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347 calories, Fat 9g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 752mg sodium, Carbohydrate 59g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 12g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
TOSTADAS WITH CHORIZO
I love tostadas. And I used to be able to buy some brand of canned Refried Beans with Chorizo. Haven't been able to find them in years. So...I have come up with this.
Provided by BarbryT
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat 1/8 to 1/4-inch oil over medium high heat. Fry tortillas 30 seconds on each side to light golden, 1 tortilla at a time. Drain tortillas on paper towels or brown paper sack. Season with a little sea salt while hot.
- Saute chorizo in medium skillet over medium heat, breaking up the sausage into small pieces. When cooked, add the can of refried beans to the skillet to heat through. Mix chorizo and beans.
- Spread hot beans on tortillas and top with a handful of shredded cheese, shredded lettuce and diced tomato pieces.
CHORIZO AND CHICKPEA TAPAS
Make and share this Chorizo and Chickpea Tapas recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Midwest Maven
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put 6 tablespoons of the olive oil, and the 2 tablespoons of vinegar in a bowl and whisk together.
- Taste, and add more sherry vinegar, if desired, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Using a small sharp knife, remove the casing from the chorizo sausage.
- Cut the meat into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut each slice in half, making half moon shapes.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a small skillet over med/high heat.
- Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook for about 3 minutes, or until it's cooked through.
- Remove the sausage and onions from pan with a slotted spoon and add to the dressing while still hot, and stir.
- Drain the can of chickpeas, rinse with water and then drain again.
- Add the chickpeas to the bowl with the other ingredients, and mix well.
- Let mixture cool.
- Just before serving, adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve topped with the fresh oregano and nice chunks of bread, enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 624.5, Fat 49.2, SaturatedFat 12.6, Cholesterol 56.1, Sodium 1085.5, Carbohydrate 25.4, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 0.8, Protein 20.4
CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO PASTELES
- Place cassava and tanier in separate fine sieve placed over medium bowls. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large bowl, combine cassava and tanier; discard any accumulated liquid. Stir in annatto oil until evenly colored. Add chorizo, chickpeas, red pepper, cilantro, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Taste, and adjust seasoning. Set filling aside.
- Working with one piece of banana leaf at a time, place over an open flame, shiny-side down, until wilted; set aside.
- Place a wilted banana leaf on work surface. Position the lines on the leaf horizontal to edge of work surface. This will make the folding easier. Top with about 2 tablespoons filling. Fold to enclose. Repeat process with remaining banana leaves and filling.
- Set a bamboo steamer in a large skillet filled with about 2 inches of water. Bring to a simmer. Fill with enough pasteles to form a single layer. Cover, and steam until filling is heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove pasteles, and cut in half crosswise. Serve with dipping sauce.
More about "chickpea and chorizo tostadas recipes"
CHICKPEAS AND CHORIZO RECIPE | GARBANZOS CON CHORIZO …
CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TOSTADAS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHORIZO TOSTADA WITH EASY GUACAMOLE SALSA - MARICRUZ AVALOS
HOW TO MAKE CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TOSTADA - VIDEO DAILYMOTION
CATALAN-STYLE CHICKPEAS WITH SPINACH AND CHORIZO - EAT THE HEAT
MEXICAN CHORIZO TOSTADAS RECIPE WHERE IS MY SPOON
CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TOSTADAS | RECIPE CLOUD APP
CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TOSTADAS | RECIPE | MEXICAN FOOD RECIPES, …
CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TAPAS RECIPE | A GOOD CARROT - CHEF ALIYE
CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO STEW RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CHORIZO CHICKPEAS (VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE) - THE CURIOUS CHICKPEA
CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TOSTADAS – TACOJAKE
"CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TOSTADAS" - RECIPES ON SPOONACULAR
CHICKPEA AND COTTAGE CHEESE TOSTADAS RECIPE | SIDECHEF
WATCH CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TOSTADA | BON APPéTIT
CHICKPEAS WITH CHORIZO - BIGOVEN.COM
CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TOSTADAS | RECIPE CART
SPICY CHICKPEA TOSTADAS | MEXICAN PLEASE
CHICKPEAS WITH CHORIZO IN SPICY TOMATO SAUCE - EVERYDAY DELICIOUS
CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TOSTADAS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
CHICKPEA TOSTADAS - CATZ IN THE KITCHEN
CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TOSTADAS | RECIPE | CHORIZO, TOSTADAS, RECIPES
CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TOSTADAS - HEAL YOUR HEALTH NOW
SPICED CHICKPEA TOSTADAS (OR TACOS) - BUDGET BYTES
THESE CHORIZO AND BELL PEPPER TOSTADAS TAKE JUST 20 MINUTES TO …
CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TOSTADAS | RECIPE | PORK RECIPES EASY, …
CHORIZO & CHICKPEA TOSTADAS WITH CILANTRO LIME CREMA
CHORIZO & CHICKEN TOSTADAS RECIPE - MISSION FOODS
SPANISH CHICKPEA & CHORIZO STEW | POTAJE DE GARBANZOS Y CHORIZO …
MEXICAN CHORIZO TOSTADAS RECIPE WHERE IS MY SPOON
CHICKPEA TOSTADAS - ALEX DAYNES
TOSTADAS (WITH CHORIZO AND BEANS) | THE MODERN PROPER
INSTANT POT CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TACOS - DADCOOKSDINNER
CHICKPEA AND CHORIZO TOSTADAS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love