CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP
This is a delightful soup that's perfect for hot weather. The curry seasoning comes through just right.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut asparagus into 1-in. pieces; set tips aside. Place the remaining asparagus in a saucepan; add broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes. Cool slightly. , Process in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the asparagus tips; cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Drain and chill until serving. , In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add pureed asparagus. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot soup into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through and reaches 160°. Stir in the cream, curry powder, pepper and lemon juice., Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Cover and chill until serving. Garnish with asparagus tips, gently adding to each bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145 calories, Fat 13g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 101mg cholesterol, Sodium 523mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; season with 2 teaspoons salt. Add asparagus tips and blanch until bright green and just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath with a slotted spoon; reserve for topping. Add trimmings, 1/2 shallot and 1/2 clove garlic to the same pot and return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer the asparagus stock 20 to 25 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- In another saucepan, heat olive oil over medium. Add sliced shallot and chopped garlic and cook until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in potato and enough of the asparagus stock to cover the vegetables (about 1 cup), and simmer until the potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Strain remaining asparagus stock directly into saucepan with the potatoes. Add remaining asparagus and cook until tender and bright green, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Puree in a blender until completely smooth; remove 1 cup and reserve. Slowly stir in cream, and season to taste with salt and pepper; thin with reserved liquid as needed. Serve hot or chilled, topped with asparagus tips and a drizzle of oil.
ASPARAGUS SOUP IN SECONDS
This is the easiest, quickest, most delicious asparagus soup. Just be sure to use a good quality canned asparagus, and you can't go wrong. The milk and butter are optional as the soup is surprisingly rich without them.
Provided by big surprise
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Blend the asparagus, with liquid, in a blender or food processor until completely smooth.
- Heat asparagus and chicken broth together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in milk, if using, and bring to a low simmer. Stir in butter to finish, if using, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 56.5 calories, Carbohydrate 4 g, Cholesterol 10.1 mg, Fat 3.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 621.8 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP SHOOTERS
- boil large pot of water have ice bath ready cut asparagus into 2 inch lengths, reserve tips salt water, cook asparagus tips until tender-crisp, about 3 mins. Remove and place in ice bath. saute shallots and leeks until soft , add asparagus bottoms, cover and cook for another 5 to 10 mins. Add stock, bring to simmer for 30 mins. Prepare another ice bath. Puree soup in blender until smooth. season with salt and pepper, pass through sieve, place bowl in ice bath to cool down. Make lime cream; blend cream until soft peaks form with lime zest and pinch of salt. Divide soup among small glasses garnich with asparagus tips and small spoonful of lime cream. serve cold
CHILLED BEETS AND ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC CHIVE BLOSSOMS
- First, a note on beets: they'll stain anything! Make sure you wear gloves as you're peeling the beets unless you want your hands to be an attractive magenta color!
- Place the quartered beets in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Immediately lower the heat to medium and let the beets cook for about 20 minutes or just until fork tender. Drain the beets and run them under cold water. Drain and set aside. As you're doing this, get another pot of water boiling and drop the prepped asparagus into it for just 2 minutes. Drain the asparagus and run it under cold water immediately. This is called blanching. Drain and add to the beets.
- In yet another saucepan, add the water, orange blossom water, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the glaze has reduced by half and has thickened slightly. Toss with the vegetables, and add the roughly chopped garlic chives. Top with the chive blossoms and crumbled goat cheese and serve as a first course on a bed of mixed greens.
CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH TIMBALE OF CAVIAR, CRAB AND AVOCADO
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus and stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until asparagus is tender, about 8 minutes. Add spinach, cover and simmer until wilted, about 4 minutes. Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth. Transfer soup to large bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper. Cool, then cover and chill until cold, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Mix crabmeat, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and shallot in small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix avocado and remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice in another small bowl; mash coarsely. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place tomato can or biscuit cutter in center of 1 soup bowl. Spoon in 1 tablespoon avocado mixture; smooth top. Spoon in 1 tablespoon crab mixture; press lightly to compact. Spoon in 1 tablespoon avocado mixture. Top with 1 teaspoon caviar. Carefully lift off can. Repeat in remaining soup bowls with remaining timbale ingredients. Ladle soup around each timbale. Serve immediately.
More about "chilled asparagus soup shooters recipes"
CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4/5 (36)Author Pierre TouitouServings 6Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- Heat 4 Tbsp. oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 8–10 minutes. Add ½-inch asparagus pieces and season with salt and pepper. Cook until asparagus is bright green and tender, 4–5 minutes. Add broth, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until asparagus is tender, 8–10 minutes. Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Let mixture cool slightly.
- Set a fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl; set aside. Working in batches, purée soup in a blender until very smooth. Strain through prepared sieve. Stir remaining 2 Tbsp. oil into soup; season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until cold, at least 3 hours. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
- Divide asparagus tips and thinly sliced stalks among bowls; pour chilled soup over. Drizzle each with a few drops of oil.
CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
Total Time 25 mins
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter, then add the leeks and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase the heat to medium. Add the asparagus and 3/4 cup of the chicken broth and cook, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter bubbles, add the flour and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon for 1 minute, then reduce the heat to medium and continue stirring for 1 minute more. Gradually whisk in 1 cup more of the chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer, whisking until smooth and thickened. Remove from the heat.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the cooked vegetables with the thickened stock and puree until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1-1/4 cups of the broth and puree 30 seconds more. Season to taste with salt, transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
11 COLD SOUPS TO ENJOY ALL SUMMER LONG | FOOD & WINE
EASY CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - DELISH
SUCCULENT SHRIMP SHOOTERS RECIPE WITH MANGO SAUCE
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP SHOOTERS | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP SHOOTERS | RECIPES | WW USA
Cuisine AmericanCategory Lunch,Appetizers,DinnerServings 4Total Time 20 mins
ROASTED ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH TZATZIKI - SAFEWAY
COLD ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH QUAIL EGGS AND CAVIAR
CHILLED HATFIELD ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH HERBED CHEESE
RECIPE: CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP YOGURT | NEWS | ZEE NEWS
CHILLED SUMMER SOUPS TO MAKE NOW | SOUTHERN LIVING
BEST CHILLED SOUP RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP - TODAY.COM
ASPARAGUS TIPS AND RECIPES | CALGARY CO-OP
26 COLD SOUP RECIPES YOU NEVER KNEW YOU NEEDED | HUFFPOST LIFE
CHILLED ASPARAGUS & SPINACH SOUP RECIPE - HOUSE & HOME
RECIPE EXCHANGE: CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH CROUTONS
CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - SPRY LIVING
CHILLED SOUPS: SERVE AS SUMMER APPETIZERS IN SMALL GLASSES
HEAT UP THE KITCHEN WITH FARMERS MARKET ASPARAGUS VICHYSSOISE
15 BEST ASPARAGUS RECIPES FOR SPRINGTIME - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
CHILLED ASPARAGUS & FRESH HERB SOUP | INSTITUTE OF CULINARY …
MEATLESS MONDAY: CHILLED, ROASTED ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH CRUNCHY …
QUICK CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP | SHAPE
CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
10 BEST BEEF AND ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE: ASPARAGUS SOUP SHOOTERS – ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH WARM TROUT CAKES RECIPE
CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP – THE MERCURY NEWS
RECIPE: HOT OR COLD ASPARAGUS AND LEMON SOUP - MAIL ONLINE
CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
COLD ASPARAGUS SOUP - WWLP.COM
ASPARAGUS SOUP SHOTS - FOOD & HOME MAGAZINE
55 EASY BREEZY SUMMER SOUP RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
ASPARAGUS SOUP - CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP - HOW SWEET EATS
ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10+ THREE-STEP COLD SOUP RECIPES | EATINGWELL
CHILLED PEA SOUP SHOOTERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
CHILLED CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP - TABLE FOR TWO® BY JULIE CHIOU
You'll also love