CURRY SHRIMP WITH VEGETABLES
- Soak the shrimp in warm salted water for 5 minutes. Rinse in cold water, drain and pat dry with paper towels. Shell, devein and chop.
- Peel and slice the carrot into 1/2-inch slices on the diagonal. Cut the red bell pepper in half, remove the seeds and chop into chunks.
- In a large pot filled with boiling water, briefly blanch (parboil) the peas and carrots until the peas turn bright green, and the vegetables are crisp but still tender. Remove, plunge briefly into ice cold water, and drain thoroughly.
- Heat a wok over medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to the heated wok. Add the ginger and stir-fry briefly until aromatic (about 30 seconds). Add the shrimp. Stir-fry until they turn pink. Remove the shrimp from the pan.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to the wok. When the oil is hot, add the curry paste. Heat briefly until it is aromatic (30 seconds to 1 minute). Add the carrots. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the red bell pepper. Add the peas. Stir-fry briefly, then add the shrimp back into the pan. Mix everything together and cook for 1 minute, then add the rice wine or sherry and the sugar. Cook for a bit longer and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252 kcal, Carbohydrate 9 g, Cholesterol 179 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 902 mg, Sugar 4 g, Fat 14 g, ServingSize 2 to 4 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CHINESE SHRIMP CURRY
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, curry and sugar. Mix in soy sauce, vinegar and chicken broth. Set aside.
- In wok or heavy skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over high heat. Add carrots, pepper, peas, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry until vegetables are brightly colored, about 1 minute. Transfer onto plate with slotted spoon.
- Place remaining oil in pan and set over high heat. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pink, about 1 minute.
- Return vegetables to pan. Stir sauce mixture and pour into pan. Simmer gently until shrimp are white in center, 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately over rice.
- Makes 4 servings.
CHINESE CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE - EASY WAY
A mixture of Eastern flavors come together to make this absolutely delicious Chinese Curry Shrimp! Delicious and succulent shrimp with a creamy curry sauce: what more could you want?
Provided by Tiana Matson
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of oil to 70% heat, pour into the bowl of curry powder and stir together. (This is the method how I make curry sauce for the shrimp.)
- Dice the onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Arctic shrimp are naturally thawed in advance, and oil is poured into the wok.It is heated to 80% heat, and the shrimp are put down and quickly fried for about 20 seconds.
- Pour out the oil (leave a little base oil), stir-fry the onion, garlic and ginger. Then add the proper amount of curry/oil.
- Stir all the contents together, and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Put the fried shrimp in and add an amount of hot water to submerge the shrimps, put sugar and salt and bring to boil.
- Then pour in the 2 tablespoons of fresh milk and boil again. Add the butter/flour melted in advanced.
- Pour into a metal baking pan and put it in an oven, that has been preheated to 200° C, for five or six minutes. Take it out and serve!
HOME-STYLE SHRIMP CURRY
- Combine the rice, 1 1/3 cups water, 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 tablespoon oil in a saucepan. Cover and cook, undisturbed, over medium-low heat, about 15 minutes; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion in a food processor, drain the excess liquid and set the onion aside. Mince the garlic and ginger in the processor and set aside, then puree the tomatoes with 1 cup water.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a Dutch oven or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until golden, about 12 minutes. Add the garlic-ginger mixture, chiles, 1 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder and stir-fry until slightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the tomato puree and simmer until thickened, about 8 minutes. Add the shrimp, cover and cook over medium-low heat until the shrimp are firm, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, then stir in the yogurt and half the cilantro.
- Serve with the rice and garnish with the remaining cilantro.
- In a small food processor (mini-chopper), combine the garlic and ginger and puree into a paste. Set aside. Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the cloves, cardamom, allspice, cinnamon stick, and bay leaf and cook, stirring constantly, until toasted and fragrant and the cinnamon stick unfurls, about 30 seconds. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic-ginger paste, curry powder, and jalapeno and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomato, coconut milk, and cook, stirring, until the oil separates from the sauce and there is a distinctive frying sound as the sauce begin to "refry", about 7 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring, for about 1 minute more. Add the water and salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has thickened, about 6 minutes. Add shrimp, cover, and bring to a simmer and cook until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the coriander and lime juice. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with rice.
Here's a tasty way to add seafood to your diet. It's great with chicken, too. Either way, your family will request this satisfying dish again and again! Agnes Ward - Stratford, ON
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large skillet, saute onion and curry in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened., Reduce heat; add the shrimp, sugar, salt and ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305 calories, Fat 8g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 154mg cholesterol, Sodium 640mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
CURRIED RICE WITH SHRIMP
One-pot cooking helps heighten flavor. In this recipe, rice, carrots, and shrimp simmer in delicious curry seasoning.
Provided by JackieOhNo
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and curry and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, 2 1/2 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and nestle them in the partially cooked rice. Cover and cook until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes. Fold in the basil and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354, Fat 5.7, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 214.9, Sodium 991.1, Carbohydrate 46.2, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 3.1, Protein 27.6
I created this Indian-style shrimp when we were entertaining some friends, one of our favorite things to do. It works on the stovetop or the grill. -Shana Conradt, Appleton, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder; cook and stir 30-60 seconds longer or until shrimp turn pink., Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. If desired, serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 138mg cholesterol, Sodium 293mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SIMPLE SHRIMP, COCONUT AND EGGPLANT CURRY
I love this curry because it's so simple and everything's made in one pot-perfect to share or enjoy alone, and I don't think it needs any rice!
Provided by Amelia Freer
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large sauté pan and fry the onion, garlic, ginger and chili for 2 to 3 minutes to soften, stirring frequently. Stir in the spices and season well with a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue to fry over medium heat for a further minute or two until fragrant. Transfer the mixture to a mini food processor and blend until smooth, adding a splash of water if necessary to loosen the consistency to a paste.
- Return the pan to the heat and put in another tablespoon of coconut oil. Add the paste and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the eggplant and sauté for a minute or two, stirring to coat it with the paste, before adding the cherry tomatoes. Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and the shrimp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through and the sauce has just thickened. Stir in the spinach, wilt for a minute, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
More about "chinese shrimp curry recipes"
14 BEST CHINESE SHRIMP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CREAMY SHRIMP CURRY - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CALORIES IN CHINESE SHRIMP CURRY - SPARKRECIPES
HUNAN SHRIMP RECIPE | CHINESE RECIPES IN ENGLISH
INDO CHINESE CHILI SHRIMP GRAVY - MYSPICYKITCHEN
10 BEST CHINESE CURRY NOODLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
GREEN CURRY SHRIMP (AUTHENTIC SHRIMP CURRY) - RASA MALAYSIA
CHINESE RECIPES CHINESE SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE 10 - UALTS
CHINESE SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE - YOUTUBE
SZECHUAN SHRIMP: AUTHENTIC RECIPE! - THE WOKS OF LIFE
SHRIMP CURRY - KETO, LOW CARB, GLUTEN-FREE, EASY - JOY FILLED EATS
SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK SAUCE CHINESE BUFFET RECIPE
10 BEST CHINESE SHRIMP PASTE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ASIAN-INSPIRED SHRIMP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHINESE SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE - THE BALD CHEF
CHINESE SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
SHRIMP WITH CURRY LEAVES - RASA MALAYSIA
EASY SHRIMP CURRY | LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN
CHINESE SHRIMP AND MUSHROOMS - FLUFFY'S KITCHEN
CURRY SHRIMP RICE NOODLES RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
BEST SHRIMP CURRY AND RICE RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
SHRIMP AND CABBAGE CURRY RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SHRIMP WITH LOBSTER SAUCE: CHINESE TAKEOUT RECIPE - THE WOKS OF …
BEST TRIPLE DELIGHT CHINESE RECIPE - THE BALD CHEF
JAMAICAN CURRY SHRIMP - IMMACULATE BITES
SHRIMP CURRY | RICARDO
EASY CHINESE CANTONESE BEEF CURRY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY - JO COOKS
CHINESE CHICKEN CURRY (VIDEO) - VIKALINKA
CHINESE PRAWN CURRY | CHINESE RECIPES | GOODTO
CHINESE CHIPS AND CURRY SAUCE - KHIN'S KITCHEN | TAKEOUT RECIPE
EASY THAI SHRIMP CURRY - ONCE UPON A CHEF
JAMAICAN CURRIED SHRIMP RECIPE - JAMAICANS AND JAMAICA
EASY CHINESE CURRY CHICKEN - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
HUNAN SHRIMP RECIPE (HOT & SPICY CHINESE SHRIMP) - WHISKAFFAIR
PRAWN CURRY RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SHRIMP AND VEGETABLE CURRY - THERESCIPES.INFO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Shrimp curry at home?In a large skillet, saute onion and curry in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the shrimp, sugar, salt and ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice.
How to cook shrimp and rice for stir fry?Directions. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder; cook and stir 30-60 seconds longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. If desired, serve with rice.
How do you cook shrimp in a wok?Heat a wok over medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to the heated wok. Add the ginger and stir-fry briefly until aromatic (about 30 seconds). Add the shrimp. Stir-fry until they turn pink. Remove the shrimp from the pan. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to the wok. When the oil is hot, add the curry paste.
How to cook shrimp in a pan?Directions 1 In a large skillet, saute onion and curry in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and... 2 Reduce heat; add the shrimp, sugar, salt and ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat until shrimp turn pink. Remove from... More ...