I made this pie, which I found on the back of the package for a Nilla Wafer Crust, for the guys at my husband's work. My husband talked about how good it was for days!
Provided by ladypit
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Brush the pie crust with the egg white.
- Put the pecans on a cookie sheet with sides.
- Put the crust and the pecans in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- (Or you can toast the pecans separately. I just found it faster to do it this way.) Melt the butter.
- Using a mixer on medium blend the melted butter, the brown sugar, the flour and the baking powder until well mixed.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the pecans.
- This will be very thick.
- Put it into the prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until the filling is set in the center.
- Cool it completely.
- Put the whipped cream on top as garnish.
- Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
DARK CHOCOLATE PIE WITH COCOA NIB PRALINE
Cocoa nibs (bits of roasted shelled cocoa beans) are available at specialty foods stores or chefshop.com.
Provided by Elizabeth Falkner
Categories Milk/Cream Mixer Chocolate Egg Dessert Bake Thanksgiving Kid-Friendly Quick & Easy Mother's Day Back to School Pecan Fall Spring Shower Chill Bon Appétit Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Soy Free Kosher Small Plates
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 24
- For crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish.
- Mix melted butter, sugar, and salt in medium bowl. Add flour and mix until well blended. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of prepared dish; crimp edges decoratively. Bake crust until golden brown and cooked through, about 18 minutes. Cool crust completely on rack. Maintain oven temperature.
- For cocoa nib praline:
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk first 5 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Stir in cocoa nibs and chopped pecans. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheet, spacing 1 inch apart. Bake until mixture spreads and is deep golden brown, about 18 minutes (mixture will flow together into 1 piece on baking sheet). Remove from oven; cool completely on sheet. Break praline into irregular pieces or shards. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Store airtight in single layer at room temperature.)
- For chocolate filling:
- Bring 2 cups milk to simmer in heavy medium saucepan; remove from heat. Whisk egg yolks, brown sugar, vanilla, and remaining 1/4 cup milk to blend in medium bowl; whisk in cocoa powder and cornstarch until smooth. Gradually whisk in hot milk mixture. Return mixture to saucepan. Whisk constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and butter; whisk until melted and smooth. Pour filling into cooled pie crust. Refrigerate until filling is cold and set, about 4 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and keep chilled.)
- Using electric mixer, beat cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Cut pie into wedges. Serve with whipped cream and praline pieces.
SOUTHERN BELLE CHOCOLATE PRALINE PECAN PIE
This is an unusual pecan pie because it uses only brown sugar--no corn syrup. This gives it a wonderful consistentcy, and this is my most requested dessert of all time. I always have to take 2 extras to family gatherings so everyone can take some home. I got the original recipe from my aunt, but I have added the cocoa, more pecans, more eggs, the alcohol and changed other ingredient amounts over the years, so I consider it my creation now.
Provided by Georgia Girl
Yield 3 pies
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter and set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift the brown sugar into the eggs (yes, sift) and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the pecan halves and mix thoroughly.
- NOTE: If you don't want to add the 2 Tablespoons of alcohol, then increase the vanilla extract amount to 1 Tablespoon.
- Distribute the pie filling evenly between the 3 pie crusts, and decorate the tops of each pie with 6 pecan halves in a pinwheel pattern.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 35 minutes.
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE I
This is an easy pumpkin pie that everyone loved at a church dinner. Different from the same old filling. It has a layer of pralines on the bottom of the pie shell, and then is filled with a stove top cooked filling. Garnish with whipped topping and chopped pecans.
Provided by Loye Schulthess
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan, and stir in the 1/2 cup chopped pecans and brown sugar. Cook until bubbly. Spread over the bottom of cooled pie shell.
- Combine custard mix, white sugar, and spices in a 2 quart saucepan. Stir in evaporated milk, milk, and pumpkin puree. Cook while stirring until bubbly. Cover, and cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour pumpkin custard filling into pie shell, and chill until firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330.4 calories, Carbohydrate 40.1 g, Cholesterol 23 mg, Fat 18 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 347.9 mg, Sugar 28.7 g
PRALINE CHOCOLATE DESSERT
A cookie crumb crust, lusciouslayers of praline and cream cheese, and a chocolate glaze make this rich dessert a showstopper. It's worth the extra effort and freezes well, too. -Korrie Bastian, Clearfield, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with pecans., In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over pecans. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until set., In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over praline layer. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until set., For ganache, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until set., Loosen sides of pan with a knife. Remove rim from pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftovers. ,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 552 calories, Fat 43g fat (22g saturated fat), Cholesterol 87mg cholesterol, Sodium 379mg sodium, Carbohydrate 43g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE
Meet the Cook: For me, baking is a relaxation rather than a chore. This is one of my favorites, a dessert I adapted from a neighbor's recipe for praline chocolate pie. The house my husband and I live in is in the suburbs, overlooking fields. -Sandra Haase, Baltimore, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom of pie shell. Prick sides of pastry with a fork. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°., For filling, combine the eggs, sugar, flour and spices in a large bowl; stir in pumpkin. Gradually add cream. Pour into pastry shell. If desired, sprinkle chopped pecans on top. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. , Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344 calories, Fat 16g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 95mg cholesterol, Sodium 279mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
I got this recipe from my Mum who used to make it as a special treat when me and my brother were kids. It's a doddle and tastes fantastic, especially if you leave it in the fridge for a day or so!!
Provided by elmarko
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt butter, sugar, cocoa powder and syrup in a large bowl. Add crushed biscuits and sultanas and stir well.
- Spead mixture onto a baking sheet so it is about 1.5cm thick. Allow to cool 15 mins.
- Melt chocolate and spread over top. Allow to cool 45 mins and cut into small (3cm) squares.
More about "chocolate praline pie recipes"
MR. LOU'S CHOCOLATE PRALINE PIE RECIPE - COOKING CHANNEL
Servings 8Category Dessert
CHOCOLATE PRALINE PIE: 150 RECIPE DELICIOUS AND EASY THE …
Author Orval MccorkleFormat Paperback
CHOCOLATE PRALINE PARIS-BREST RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CHOCOLATE PRALINE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER PRALINE PIE - RECIPES WIKI
CHOCOLATE PRALINE TART – THE HOUSE OF ELYN RYN
PRALINE PIE - PRALINE RECIPES
GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE & PRALINE PIE – MI-DEL COOKIES
CHOCOLATE PRALINE PIE RECIPE PHOTOS - ALLRECIPES.COM
MR LOU'S CHOCOLATE PRALINE PIE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
MR. LOUíS CHOCOLATE PRALINE PIE | EMERILS.COM
CHOCOLATE-PECAN PRALINES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHOCOLATE PRALINE LAYER CAKE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CHOCOLATE PRALINE PIE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CHOCOLATE BOURBON PRALINE PECAN PIE - GOODTASTE WITH TANJI
CHOCOLATE PRALINE PIE RECIPE - LOUISIANA GENERAL STORE
PRALINE CREAM PIE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
DARK CHOCOLATE PIE WITH BACON PRALINE | THE ENDLESS MEAL
CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE WITH PRALINE SAUCE | DIXIE CRYSTALS
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE AND PRALINE PIE | RECIPES - HERSHEYLAND
CHOCOLATE AND HAZELNUT PRALINE IMPOSSIBLE PIE - DONNA HAY
CHOCOLATE PRALINE PIE | THE PROJECT FOR THE DAY
KEEPING THE ALOHA SPIRIT ALIVE WITH MY CHOCOLATE MAC-NUT PIE
CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE WITH PRALINE SAUCE | IMPERIAL SUGAR
CHOCOLATE PRALINE CAKE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE PRALINE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHOCOLATE PRALINE PIE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
DARK CHOCOLATE PIE WITH COCOA NIB PRALINE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PRALINE CREAM PIE - BAKE OR BREAK
PRALINE COOKIES WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS - COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE WITH PRALINE SAUCE RECIPE BY JACQUI WEDEWER
CHOCOLATE PRALINES | EMERILS.COM
PRALINE CREAM PIE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHOCOLATE PRALINE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE PRALINE TOFFEE CRISPS - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF CANADA …
CHOCOLATE PRALINE PIE - PRALINE RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is in a praline dessert?Praline Chocolate Dessert. A cookie crumb crust, lusciouslayers of praline and cream cheese, and a chocolate glaze make this rich dessert a showstopper.
How long do you cook pralines in a Dutch oven?Be sure to use a heavy Dutch oven and a candy thermometer, and make pralines on a day when the weather is dry—humidity can make them grainy. Recipe by Southern LivingDecember 2011 PinPrintMore FacebookTweetEmailSend Text Message Gallery Recipe Summary hands-on: 30 mins total: 1 hr 8 mins Yield:
How do you thicken praline for baking?Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture until it cools slightly and thickens enough to coat the spoon. Working quickly, drop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture for each praline onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Set aside until the pralines are completely cooled, 15 to 20 minutes.
How do you make a pumpkin pie?In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom of pie shell. Prick sides of pastry with a fork. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. For filling, combine the eggs, sugar, flour and spices in a large bowl; stir in pumpkin. Gradually add cream. Pour into pastry shell.