Every time I hear the words "Cinnamon Chicken" I am reminded of the tv series Little House on the Prairie and the famous episode where Nellie asks Laura to help her cook Almanzo's favorite meal. Laura is jealous of Nellie and replaces the cinnamon with tons of black pepper. Anyway, here is a recipe I clipped from a magazine a long time ago that brings the image of what that dish might have tasted like(if Laura had not tampered with it lol). This was adapted from a magazine clipping.
Provided by HeatherFeather
Yield 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine juice, honey, lemon juice, garlic, seasonings in a large ziptop container.
- Add chicken pieces, seal bag, shake to coat well and let marinade in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F and have ready a large roasting pan, 9" x 13".
- Remove chicken from the marinade, shake off the excess and set chicken aside on a plate.
- Pour marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and boil until it has reduced to 1 cup and has begun to thicken (about 10-15 minutes).
- Heat oil in a skillet and brown chicken parts over fairly high heat just a few minutes per side, lowering heat if needed to prevent from charring- you want the chicken to be evenly browned, but not fully cooked yet.
- Place chicken in the roasting pan and pour the reduced marinade on top.
- Bake 30-55 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and no no longer pink (will vary based on the chicken pieces you use).
- Skim fat from the pan juices and serve juices as a dipping sauce if you like.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
Chicken breasts baked with cinnamon and other seasonings. This is a recipe that I created while working at a flight kitchen. We had cinnamon in the spice collection that nobody used for anything, so I decided to try it on chicken and the flight crews and my family loved it!
Provided by OAKBORN
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with ground cinnamon, seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. (Note: You can be liberal with the seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper; however, the cinnamon should only be a dusting and not clumped.)
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142.9 calories, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 68.4 mg, Fat 1.7 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 27.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 1821.7 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 13x9-inch baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Stir olive oil, cinnamon, salt, lemon pepper, garlic powder, and thyme together in a small bowl; rub onto chicken to coat. Arrange coated chicken pieces into a baking dish with the skin side down.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, turn, and continue cooking until the chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 20 to 25 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from oven, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and rest chicken for about 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 421.6 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 136.7 mg, Fat 30.5 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 34.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 740.5 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
- For the chicken: Preheat broiler. Place chicken on a broiler pan. Sprinkle all over with salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Turn skin-side down, and transfer to broiler. Broil about 6 inches from the heat for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken, and broil until the skin is crisp and brown, about 15 minutes more.
- For the raita: In a small bowl, stir together the cucumber, yogurt, sour cream, cilantro, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken immediately with raita.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the dry sherry, cinnamon, honey, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss to a evenly coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.
- To cook, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the chicken, shaking off excess marinade. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil until it begins to thicken and about 1 cup remains, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Sear the chicken until golden on both sides. Pour the reduced marinade over the chicken and place in the oven.
- Bake about 20 minutes and serve.
ROASTED CINNAMON-RUBBED CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken and stir to make a paste.
- Rub spice paste onto chicken legs and let stand on a parchment-lined baking sheet 15 minutes. Roast until skin crisps, 40 to 45 minutes; serve.
OVEN FRIED SOUTHERN STYLE CINNAMON HONEY CHICKEN
While watching FoodTV, I saw a piece about Amy Ruth's restaurant in New York where the owner made fried chicken dipped in a honey cinnamon mixture. It looked so good I began searching on the web for a recipe which approximated it... and after much browsing of webpages I put together a recipe that I thought might taste something like it. I don't fry my chicken, so here's a baked version, tweaked to my own tastes.
Provided by Julesong
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a large roasting pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour with the salt, cinnamon, turmeric, black pepper, and a pinch nutmeg.
- Coat the chicken pieces well with the flour mixture (you can use chicken with or without skin on - it's up to you).
- Beat together the egg and milk; dredge the flour-coated chicken pieces in the egg mixture, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange pieces skin side up (if using pieces with skin) in the sprayed roasting pan, making sure that the pieces are not touching each other (if possible) to ensure they bake crispy; spray chicken pieces with oil spray or sprinkle with 2 tablespoons oil and place the chicken in the oven to bake.
- While the chicken is baking, in a saucepan over medium low heat combine the butter, honey, pinches of cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- After the chicken has baked for 25 minutes, pour the butter and honey mixture generously over the pieces.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the juices run clear and the chicken is crisp and brown.
- Note: if you'd like to add a bit of kick to the recipe, you can try a pinch or two of cayenne (to taste) in the honey sauce, or perhaps some red pepper flakes!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1080.3, Fat 64.9, SaturatedFat 22.7, Cholesterol 333.2, Sodium 1591.7, Carbohydrate 54.7, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 35.6, Protein 68.2
CINNAMON HONEY CHICKEN
- Mix together sherry, cinnamon, honey, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken pieces in single layer in shallow oven-proof pans; pour over marinade, turn pieces to coat well. Refrigerate overnight, longer if desired; turn pieces occasionally.
- Drain marinade and reserve. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces, basting with marinade and turning once or twice.
- In warmer months chicken can be grilled on outdoor barbecue.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 654, UnsaturatedFat 24 grams, Carbohydrate 27 grams, Fat 38 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 47 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 976 milligrams, Sugar 23 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CINNAMON RAISIN CHICKEN
Orange juice and cinnamon lend a pleasant spicy taste to these quick-cooking boneless skinless chicken breasts from Connie Moore of Medway, Ohio. "I frequently serve this unusual combination over rice with broccoli or green beans on the side," she notes.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a skillet, saute onion, garlic, cinnamon and pepper in oil until onion is tender. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until juices run clear. Add orange juice and raisins. Cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232 calories, Fat 7g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 73mg cholesterol, Sodium 66mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "cinnamon chicken recipes"
CINNAMON CHICKEN - BUDGET DELICIOUS
5/5 (3)Category Dinner, Main CourseCuisine American, WesternCalories 291 per serving
- Brown the chicken for 2-3 minutes per side and place skin side up over the onions in the baking dish.
- Combine cinnamon, paprika, salt, pepper, honey (or maple syrup), and chicken broth and pour it over the chicken.
CHICKEN KAPAMA: GREEK-BRAISED CINNAMON …
MOROCCAN CINNAMON CHICKEN RECIPE | MCCORMICK
LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE CINNAMON CHICKEN
10 BEST BAKED CINNAMON CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED CINNAMON CHICKEN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHICKEN STEWED IN TOMATO GARLIC AND CINNAMON- THE …
BAKED CINNAMON CHICKEN RECIPE - KETOGASM
CINNAMON CHICKEN WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPE
KOTA KOKKINISTI (GREEK CINNAMON CHICKEN) - HUNGRY HAPPENS
CINNAMON COCONUT MILK CHICKEN - GLOBAL KITCHEN TRAVELS
RASPBERRY CINNAMON CHICKEN RECIPE | CINNAMON LIZARD
CINNAMON CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | CINNAMON …
CINNAMON CRUNCH CHICKEN RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
10 BEST APPLE CINNAMON CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
CINNAMON CHICKEN | PALEO LEAP
OVEN FRIED CINNAMON HONEY CHICKEN - COPYKAT RECIPES
CHICKEN WITH CINNAMON RECIPE - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
CLEAN EATING SLOW COOKER CINNAMON CHICKEN RECIPE
CHICKEN STEW KAPAMA (CINNAMON STEWED CHICKEN) RECIPE
CAT CORA'S CHICKEN STEWED IN GARLIC AND CINNAMON
NINJA FOODI MAPLE CINNAMON CHICKEN - MOMMY HATES COOKING
GREEK CINNAMON STEWED CHICKEN - OPRAH.COM
ROASTED CINNAMON CHICKEN & SWEET POTATOES - THE GREEK FOODIE
ROASTED CINNAMON LEMON CHICKEN (PALEO, WHOLE30, GLUTEN-FREE)
SLOW COOKER 3-INGREDIENT APPLE CINNAMON CHICKEN
GRANDMA’S CINNAMON CHICKEN STRIPS - SIMPLY HAPPENINGS
BAKED CHICKEN WITH CINNAMON BUTTER RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
EASY BAKED CHICKEN WITH CINNAMON AND LEMON - FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
CHICKEN WITH CINNAMON: THE RECIPE FOR A GOLDEN AND TASTY SECOND …
HONEY & CINNAMON CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS - GREEDY GOURMET
CINNAMON CHICKEN RECIPE | RECIPELAND
SHEET PAN APPLE CINNAMON CHICKEN | RECIPE | PALEO CHICKEN …
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #1-day-or-more #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #meat
You'll also love