CITRUS CRANBERRY PIE
To showcase abundant fall cranberries, make this beautiful lattice-topped cranberry pie. A dollop of orange cream complements the slightly tart flavor. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 450°. Toss together first 8 ingredients., On a lightly floured surface, roll half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust even with rim. Add filling., Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom crust; flute edge. Brush lattice with egg; sprinkle with additional sugar. , Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake until golden brown, 40-45 minutes, covering edge with foil if crust is getting too dark. Cool completely on a wire rack; refrigerate until serving., Meanwhile, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining ingredients; beat until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with pie.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 515 calories, Fat 29g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 323mg sodium, Carbohydrate 62g carbohydrate (33g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
CRANBERRY CHESS PIE
A popular Southern dessert said to originate in England, chess pie consists of staple ingredients: eggs, butter, and sugar, bound with cornmeal, flour, or both. While some recipes rely on tangy buttermilk to offset the rich custard, this version uses lemon juice and barely cooked cranberries instead.
Provided by Sarah Jampel
Yield Makes one 9" pie
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 325°F. Place pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet. Cook cranberries in a medium saucepan over medium heat, shaking pan occasionally, until some have begun to split and burst, 6-8 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid. Remove from heat and let cool (if you're in a rush, transferring to a baking sheet or medium bowl will help them cool faster).
- Combine sugar and salt in a large bowl, then add lemon zest. Use your fingers to rub zest into sugar until moist and fragrant. Whisk in cornmeal and flour, then add eggs and vigorously whisk until well combined, about 30 seconds, Whisk in cream, butter, and vanilla, then add lemon juice and whisk again. Set a few cranberries aside for the top. Gently fold in remaining cranberries with a rubber spatula, breaking up any clumps.
- Gently pour mixture into pie crust and dot reserved cranberries over top of custard (this makes for the most photo-worthy dessert). Bake pie until top is golden brown and set but custard still jiggles in the center (about a 3" radius), 60-70 minutes. If your pie isn't as brown as you'd like it, you can increase oven temperature to 350°F for the last 5-10 minutes. Transfer pie to a wire rack and let cool (custard will fall as it cools). Transfer pie to the fridge and chill at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, dust with powdered sugar if using. For the cleanest slices, cut with a hot dry knife (just like if you were cutting cheesecake).
- Do ahead: Pie can be made 3 days ahead. Keep chilled. Return to room temperature to serve if you'd like.
BAR HARBOR CRANBERRY PIE
A wonderful pie! The tartness of the cranberries evens out with the sweetness of the sugar! This also makes a beautiful presentation! Good for Thanksgiving and Christmas, along with any other time of the year because it is so simple to make!
Provided by Amy Nichole
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter a 9 inch glass pie plate.
- Spread cranberries over the bottom of the buttered pie plate. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of sugar and pecans over the berries. In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs and remaining sugar until well blended. Stir in flour, margarine and shortening, beating well after each addition. Pour over the cranberries.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, until the filling is set, and the top is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440.8 calories, Carbohydrate 54 g, Cholesterol 46.5 mg, Fat 24.4 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 149.8 mg, Sugar 39.1 g
LEMON-CRANBERRY MERINGUE PIE
Sweet and soft as air, meringue is what gives this show-stopper of a pie its fluffy, bouffant appearance. Looks aside, the meringue serves an important purpose in balancing the easy lemon curd filling. To take this pie to legendary status, we added a thin layer of cranberry gelée for extra pucker-up power and quickly kissed the peaks of the meringue with a kitchen torch.
Provided by Greg Lofts
Yield Serves 10 to 12
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Crust: Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to an approximately 13-inch round. Transfer to a 9-by-2-inch fluted tart pan, or a 9-inch deep-dish pie dish. Trim dough to be flush with edges of pan.
- Line with parchment and fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake until crust is set and dry, about 25 minutes. Remove beans and parchment; continue baking until crust is golden on bottom, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
- Lemon Filling: Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Whisk in egg yolks, lemon zest, and 1 1/3 cups water until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking frequently; boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; whisk in lemon juice and butter until smooth. Pour mixture into crust. Refrigerate until filling is cool and set, about 30 minutes.
- Cranberry Gelée: Combine cranberries, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and 3/4 cup water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally; boil 1 minute. Press through a fine-mesh sieve (discarding solids), then pour over chilled and set lemon pudding in crust, gently spreading to edges with an offset spatula. Refrigerate until cold and set, at least 30 minutes or, loosely covered, up to 1 day. If using tart pan, remove pie from pan and transfer to a serving plate or cake stand.
- Meringue: In the bowl of a mixer set over (but not in) a bowl of simmering water, beat egg whites and sugar until sugar has dissolved and mixture is hot. Transfer to mixer fitted with the whisk attachment; beat on low speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and vanilla, increase speed to medium-high and whisk until stiff, glossy peaks form, about 8 minutes.
- Spoon meringue onto center of pie, spreading slightly and leaving a 1-inch border between meringue and crust. Wave a kitchen torch over meringue until browned in places. Cut pie into wedges; serve. (Pie is best eaten the same day.)
Provided by Food Network
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix all ingredients, then add to pie crust. Add top crust and prick with fork. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and bake pie 10 minutes. Lower temperature to 350 degrees. Bake 40 minutes more.
- Remove the peel and pith from oranges with a pairing knife, cut each section into quarters.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat combine oranges, cranberries, sugar, water, and ground ginger. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in lemon and lime juice. Cover sauce and chill before serving. Can be made up to 3 days prior to serving.
LEMON CRANBERRY PIE
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare pastry.
- In small sauce pan, combine cranberry sauce, cornstarch, and sugar over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Spoon into pastry shell.
- In small mixing bowl, beat the condensed milk, lemon, and egg yolk until well-blended. Spoon evenly over cranberry mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes, cool, then chill thoroughly before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417.3, Fat 14, SaturatedFat 5.4, Cholesterol 88.8, Sodium 210, Carbohydrate 68.3, Fiber 1, Sugar 54.1, Protein 6.7
More about "citrus cranberry pie recipes"
CRANBERRY-LIME PIE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CRANBERRY-LEMON CHESS PIE - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
CITRUS-CRANBERRY TART | KITCHN
CRANBERRY CURD PIE RECIPE | WILLIAMS SONOMA TASTE
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY PIE | TASTE OF HOME
LEMON-CRANBERRY PIE BARS RECIPE - SARAH JORDAN | FOOD …
CITRUS CRANBERRY APPLE CRUMB PIE - BREEZY BAKES
CITRUS CRANBERRY PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF …
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory DessertsCalories 515 per serving
CRANBERRY LEMON BARS RECIPE - BUBBAPIE
LEMON CRANBERRY PIE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
LEMON CRANBERRY PIE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
CRANBERRY MERINGUE PIE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CRANBERRY PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RECIPES > BAKED GOODS > HOW TO MAKE LEMON CRANBERRY PIE
SIMPLEMILLS - LEMON CRANBERRY CHESS PIE
LEMON CRANBERRY MERINGUE PIE - THANKSGIVING DESSERT
CITRUS CRANBERRY PIE | RECIPE | LATTICE TOPPED PIE, CRANBERRY ...
CRANBERRY CRUMB PIE | KITCHN
CRANBERRY MEYER LEMON PIE WITH GINGERSNAP CRUST - COLEY COOKS
CRANBERRY-LEMON PIE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CITRUS CRANBERRY PIE RECIPE - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
CRANBERRY AND LEMON CURD PIE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
CRANBERRY CREAM PIE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CITRUS CRANBERRY PIE | RECIPE | CRANBERRY PIE, CRANBERRY RECIPES ...
CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE PIE - EAGLE BRAND
CRANBERRY SUGAR PIE | ENCHARTED COOK
RECIPE: CITRUS CRANBERRY PIE STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
PIE 11 WISCONSIN'S CITRUS CRANBERRY PIE - COLLEENSPIES.COM
LEMON CRANBERRY PIE - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY PIE FILLING - LIFE BEGINS WITH DESSERT
MAKE THIS CRANBERRY PIE FOR A BRIGHTER THANKSGIVING | EPICURIOUS
CRUSTLESS CRANBERRY PIE - CAKEWHIZ
CRANBERRY CURD PIE WITH CITRUS WHIPPED CREAM | WILLIAMS SONOMA
CRANBERRY MERINGUE PIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SO GOOD LEMON CRANBERRY PIE RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
LEMON CRANBERRY PIE - RECIPES - PAGE 3 | COOKS.COM
CITRUS CRANBERRY PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
Citrus Cranberry Pie367 views-04:14
Cranberry Lemon Crumble Pie Bars Recipe274 views-05:19
Cranberry Raisin Pie Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.com28K views-33:17
Spiced HOT CRANBERRY CITRUS DRINK | Recipes.net48 views-01:12
Gingersnap Cranberry Lime Pie7.7K views-06:39
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make cranberry and lemon pie filling?Mix 1 cup of the lemon filling into the cranberry puree; pour the rest of the lemon filling into the crust. Swirl in the cranberry-lemon mixture.
What is in a cranberry apple pie?Cranberries, flavored with orange zest, cinnamon and nutmeg are baked in a single pie crust with an eggy filling. Slightly tart, crunchy-textured pie with a divine streusel topping. This is a modified apple pie recipe my mother has had for years.
How long does it take to bake a whole cranberry pie?Gently pour mixture into pie crust and dot reserved cranberries over top of custard (this makes for the most photo-worthy dessert). Bake pie until top is golden brown and set but custard still jiggles in the center (about a 3" radius), 60–70 minutes.
How do you serve a cranberry pie crust?Nothing beats its ruby-red cranberry filling peeking through a sugar-topped golden crust. To serve, use a sharp paring knife to slice through the crust cleanly, then grab your pie server to pry the pieces out carefully. Once plated, give each slice a dollop of orange whipped cream.