CITRUS POUND CAKE
Moist and tender, this gorgeous classic has a refreshing taste of sunshine. -Lisa M Varner, El Paso, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla, lemon zest and orange zest. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with yogurt. Beat just until combined., Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely., In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with candied lemon and orange peel.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 508 calories, Fat 18g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 147mg cholesterol, Sodium 352mg sodium, Carbohydrate 80g carbohydrate (56g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
CITRUS POUND CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325°F with rack in middle. Butter an 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix together sugar and zests with an electric mixer at low speed until sugar is evenly colored, then add butter and beat at high speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time at medium speed, scraping down side of bowl frequently, then beat in juices and vanilla. At low speed, mix in flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Spread batter in loaf pan and rap pan several times on counter to eliminate air bubbles. Bake until golden and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Cool in pan on a rack 30 minutes, then run a knife around edge of pan and invert cake onto rack. Cool completely, top side up.
CITRUS SUNSHINE POUND CAKE
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- Add the butter, sugar, salt, baking powder, vanilla, oil and citrus zests to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium speed for 4 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape the bowl and beater. Add the eggs, 2 at a time, beating on medium speed for 30 seconds after each addition. Scrape the bowl.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cake flour and blend on low to combine. Add the cream and buttermilk and blend on low to combine. Scrape the bowl. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups cake flour, blending on low to combine and then raise the mixer to medium speed and beat for 4 minutes. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 65 to 70 minutes. The cake will rise to fill the pan and will settle slightly once removed from the oven.
- Meanwhile, for the syrup: While the cake bakes, juice the lemon and oranges to make 1/2 cup of citrus juice. Transfer the juice to a small saucepan and add the sugar. Bring the mixture to a simmer and swirl the pan to dissolve the sugar. Turn off the heat. Reserve the syrup at room temperature while the cake bakes.
- When you've removed the cake from the oven, use a toothpick to pierce the top crumb of the cake about 30 times and then slowly pour the syrup evenly over the hot cake. Cool the cake in the pan for about 30 minutes before turning out of the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
MEMAW'S LEMON SUNSHINE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as a Bundt®).
- Beat lemon cake mix, lemon pudding mix, white sugar, eggs, 1 cup peach nectar, and vegetable oil in a bowl with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until top of cake springs back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Cool cake in the pan for 15 minutes before removing cake to finish cooling on rack.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup peach nectar, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a bowl to make a smooth frosting.
- Place cake on a serving platter; poke holes in top of the cake with a fork. Pour frosting slowly over the cake, allowing frosting to soak into the holes and drizzle down the sides of the cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 445.1 calories, Carbohydrate 72.3 g, Cholesterol 73.1 mg, Fat 16 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 442.5 mg, Sugar 51.1 g
SUNSHINE LEMON POUND CAKE
Easy lemon pound/bundt cake. This is the cake portion of the McCormick lemon sunshine cake. Theirs calls for a sugar glaze in & on the cake - we found it better without anything on it. What I can say is that this is EASY, very inexpensive, and great in flavor. It's 1 bowl -- no mixing this & mixing that -- simple but BIG result. I make this all the time; to tell you how quick & easy - I made one last nite starting at 6:30 pm and my DH enjoyed a nice slice at 8:30 pm!
Provided by Trixie735
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 325; generously spray a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray/baking spray; set aside.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit at least 30 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Can be sliced warm but also cools very quickly.
More about "citrus sunshine pound cake recipes"
CITRUS POUND CAKE > CALL ME PMC
4.4/5 (29)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 432 per serving
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat butter and shortening at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in 2 tsp orange zest, 1 tsp lemon zest and 1/4 c fresh lemon juice. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch Bundt pan. (I used 3 smaller Bundt pans.)
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely before glazing. (For my 3 smaller pans, I baked a total of 55 minutes.) Start watching the cake(s) at the minimum time suggested as every oven cooks differently.
- For Glaze: Whisk together powdered sugar, orange juice and remaining 2 tsp orange zest and 1 tsp lemon zest until smooth. Spoon over cake(s).
SUNNY CITRUS CAKE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
5/5 (1)Category DessertServings 8Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Invert the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan (to make it easier to slide the cake off the bottom) then lock on the sides of the pan. Lightly grease and flour the bottom and sides of the pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a deep saucepan or skillet large enough to hold the sliced citrus in a single layer. Reduce the heat to maintain a low simmer. Add the sliced citrus and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning once or twice until tender, but not falling apart. Remove to a wire rack to cool. The remaining simple syrup can be refrigerated and used to sweeten smoothies, tea or cocktails.
- Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice and whisk to combine. Add boiling water or additional sugar until you reach the desired pourable consistency. Drizzle over the cake and top with candied citrus if desired.
THE BEST EVER LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE - SPARKLES OF SUNSHINE
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Place water in a small microwaveable bowl and heat in the microwave for two minutes. Remove and add the package of lemon jello mix and stir until dissolved.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl along with the dissolved jello. Mix together for two minutes.
LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE: SO MOIST & THE LEMONY-EST …
4.3/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 510 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, generously mist a 10-cup bundt pan with non-stick spray, and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the lemon extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice, mixing on medium speed until smooth.
REAL SOUTHERN LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE
4/5 (98)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Cake
ROBINHOOD | SUNNY CITRUS POUND CAKE
Total Time 1 hr 40 mins
BEST LEMON CAKES | ALLRECIPES
Author Vanessa Greaves
LEMON ZUCCHINI BUNDT CAKE RECIPE | BARBARA BAKES
Reviews 19Category CakesServings 16Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In large mixing bowl, mix granulated sugar and lemon zest until well combined. Beat in oil, and eggs. Mix in vanilla, and sour cream.
LEMON POUND CAKE ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
Reviews 2Category DessertServings 10Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- slowly add in the sugar and continue to beat with mixer for 5 minutes, scrapping down the edges every few minutes
COPYCAT STARBUCKS LEMON LOAF (+ LEMON GLAZE) - AVERIE COOKS
4.4/5 Calories 329 per servingCategory Bread, Rolls, Muffins & Breakfast
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan; set aside.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon extract, and whisk to combine. Note – I used 2 tablespoons of lemon extract because no actual lemon juice is used in the loaf and I found 2 tablespoons lemon extract necessary for full-bodied lemon flavor, but add to taste.
SUNSHINE LEMON CAKE - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF CANADA SITE
5/5 (1)Servings 15
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Using Kitchen Spritzer, lightly spray Rectangular Baker with vegetable oil.
LEMON POUND CAKE — BLESS THIS MESS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 466 per serving
5 SUMMERY POUND CAKE RECIPES | FN DISH - BEHIND-THE-SCENES ...
Author Lauren Tom
THE ANITA BRYANT SUNSHINE POUND CAKE: EVERY POUND CAKE I ...
Reviews 7Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CITRUS SUNSHINE POUND CAKE WITH DAN LANGAN | COOKIES ...
ORANGE SUNSHINE CAKE ~ THE ORANGE ZEST AND JUICE ALONG ...
LEMON CAKE RECIPE ARCHIVES | VINTAGE RECIPE PROJECT
SUNSHINE-POUND-CAKE-NEW | DESSERT RECIPES, POUND CAKE ...
LEMON BUNDT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING : NAKED TOWER ...
SUNSHINE LEMON LOAF CAKE RECIPE - SHARE FOOD SINGAPORE
CITRUS SUNSHINE POUND CAKE | RECIPE IN 2021 | FOOD ...
SUNSHINE LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPES
TOPPING FOR LEMON POUND CAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SUNSHINE POUND CAKE | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make southern lemon pound cake?Southern lemon pound cake made from scratch! Easy recipe that bakes up moist, tender with authentic lemon flavor. Uses fresh lemon juice and zest! 1 cup unsalted butter room tempt. Generously grease and flour a bundt pan. Set aside. Add vanilla extract and lemon extract. Mix in yogurt and buttermilk. Mix in lemon zest and lemon juice.
How long does lemon pound cake last?This lemon pound cake will keep at room temperature for 4 days, in the fridge for a week, or in the freezer for a month. Enjoy! Browse more great cake recipes on my “Cake Recipes” Pinterest board! This post contains affiliate sales links. ** WATCH THIS LIVE RECIPE DEMO FOR LOTS OF TIPS & TRICKS! **
Can you add food coloring to lemon pound cake?This southern lemon pound cake delivers nothing but good ol fashioned fresh lemon flavor. It’s not overpowering but you’ll def. know it’s there. If you want , you can add some yellow food coloring to boost the yellow color. Want a darker yellow lemon pound cake?
What flavors are in a sunny citrus cake?Moist and delicious Sunny Citrus Cake with the bright summer flavors of lemon, lime and orange! We loaded up on the citrus in this lovely little cake. This cake has both lemon juice and orange juice in the batter and tons of zest so you’re sure to get a blast of citrus in every bite.