- In a 2 quart saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute minced shallots in butter until soft but not browned.
- Add the rice and cook until the rice becomes translucent.
- Add the wine and cook until nearly dry.
- Add one cup of hot, not boiling, clam juice.
- Stir the rice continually as it cooks.
- When the rice absorbs all the juice add another cup and continue to stir the rice.
- Continue in this manner until you add the last cup of clam juice.
- At this time the rice should be fully cooked. If not add a little water and continue to stir and cook until the rice is just cooked through.
- Next, add the clam meat and cook for one minute.
- Add the cream and season the rice to taste.
- Cook for one additional minute.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511.3, Fat 8.2, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 38.5, Sodium 917.5, Carbohydrate 89.8, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 8.3, Protein 12.3
- Heat the butter and oil together in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until soft. Do not brown, they should be translucent. Add the rice and saute for a further 3 to 5 minutes making sure the rice is well coated, Using a ladle, add about 1/2 cup of stock to the rice and stir over a medium heat until the rice is almost dry and all the stock has been incorporated. Repeat this process until the rice is cooked but still has a slight bite. The rice should be creamy and moist, not runny, and the cooking time should be around 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, fold in the crabmeat, chopped chives, and Parmesan. Drizzle sparingly with white truffle oil.
RISOTTO WITH CLAMS
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the olive oil and pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pancetta is golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pancetta to a paper-towel-lined plate and reserve.
- To the pan with the pancetta drippings, add the shallots, garlic and salt. Cook until fragrant, stirring with a wooden spoon, 2 minutes. Stir in the rice and coat with all the flavors of the pan. Toast the rice for 2 minutes. Deglaze with 1 cup of the prosecco and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is almost entirely absorbed. Add 1 cup of the clam juice and cook, stirring, until almost completely absorbed, 6 to 8 minutes. Continue adding the clam juice, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring often and allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding the next. Cook until the rice is tender but not mushy, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to a small saucepan, add the remaining 1/2 cup prosecco and the New Zealand clams. Cover the pan and place over high heat. Cook, shaking occasionally, until the clams have opened, about 4 minutes. Discard any clams that do not open. Set aside.
- To finish the risotto, stir in the Parmesan, butter, reserved pancetta and the chopped littleneck clams along with their juice. Cook until the clams are cooked through and the butter and cheese are melted in, an additional 2 minutes. The risotto should have some movement and not be too thick.
- In a small bowl, mix together the parsley and lemon zest. Stir half of the mixture into the risotto. Using a slotted spoon, scoop the steamed New Zealand clams over the top of the risotto and finish with the remaining parsley mixture.
CLAM RISOTTO WITH BACON AND CHIVES
- In a medium saucepan, bring the clam juice and water to a simmer.
- In a large pot, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove the bacon from the pot and pour off all the fat. In the same pot, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pot and stir until it begins to turn opaque, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until all the wine has been absorbed.
- Add the bacon and about 1/2 cup of the simmering clam juice to the rice and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid has been completely absorbed. The rice and liquid should bubble gently; adjust the heat as needed.
- Continue cooking the rice, adding clam juice 1/2 cup at a time and allowing the rice to absorb the liquid before adding the next 1/2 cup. Cook the rice in this way until tender, 25 to 30 minutes in all.
- The liquid that hasn't been absorbed should be thickened by the starch from the rice. You may not need to use all of the clam juice, or you may need to add some water.
- Stir in the chives, pepper, and clams. Cook, stirring, until the clams are just done, about 1 minute. Taste for salt and add more salt if needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 717.6, Fat 27.4, SaturatedFat 6.3, Cholesterol 44, Sodium 809.6, Carbohydrate 86.2, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 1.8, Protein 18.3
CLAM RISOTTO WITH LEMON
- In a high-sided sauté pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add 3 cloves of the garlic and sauté for a minute or two, until soft. Add the clams and wine, cover and steam just until the clams open, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Discard any clams that fail to open. Strain and reserve the liquid. You should have about 4 cups liquid; if you don't, add water to make 4 cups. Place in a saucepan and set over low heat until hot. Put the clams in a heatproof container and place in the refrigerator until cool enough to handle. For easy eating, shuck the clams when cool. Discard the shells and reserve the meat. For a fancier presentation, leave the clams as is.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sauté the remaining 3 cloves garlic and the onion until soft but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat. Add the reserved liquid, 1 cup at a time, stirring until the liquid is absorbed, 5 to 6 minutes, before the next addition. When finished, the rice should be toothsome but not crunchy. If necessary, continue to add liquid to achieve the desired consistency. When the rice is just al dente, remove the pan from the heat and fold in the clams and butter until the risotto is glossy.
- Divide the risotto among 4 warm plates. Drizzle each plate with olive oil. Grate lemon zest over the top of each plate and serve.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups water and bottled clam juice in medium saucepan. Bring to simmer. Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; sauté until light golden, about 4 minutes. Add rice; sauté 2 minutes. Add wine; stir until liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes. Add stewed tomatoes; cook until liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup clam juice mixture to rice. Simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring often. Continue adding clam juice mixture by 1/2 cupfuls until rice is tender but still slightly firm in center and mixture is creamy, simmering until liquid is absorbed before each addition and stirring often, about 25 minutes. Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, scallops and garlic and sauté until shrimp and scallops are opaque in center, about 6 minutes. Mix seafood into rice. Cook 3 minutes longer. Remove risotto from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl. Stir in chopped parsley and serve.
RISOTTO OF CLAMS
- To save time, have the clams opened at the fish market. Reserve both the clams and the liquid. There should be about 1 3/4 cups of clams and about 3 cups of the liquid. Put the liquid in a kettle and add the 3 cups of water or enough to make 6 cups altogether. Bring mixture to the simmer. Cut the clams into thin slices and set aside.
- Heat the oil in another kettle and add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the onion is wilted. Add the mushrooms and cook about one minute, stirring. Add the saffron and oregano and stir. Add the tomatoes and stir to blend. Add the hot red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and add the rice. Stir. Add about 1/2 cup of the simmering liquid. Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes. Continue cooking the rice, adding about 1/2 cup of the liquid at a time and cooking until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir the mixture often from the bottom. You will need from 5 1/2 to 6 cups of liquid. Remember that the risotto should not be soupy, but it will be more liquid than regular rice. The total cooking time will be from about 20 to 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Add the clams, parsley and butter to the rice and stir. Cook briefly, less than a minute, until the clams are heated through. If the clams are cooked for a prolonged period, they will toughen.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 745, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 62 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 72 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 2813 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "clam risotto recipes"
CLAM RISOTTO RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Starter
BEST CLAM RISOTTO RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
3/5 (5)Category Dinner,Healthy,Main,Rice And Grain,ShellfishServings 4
BEST RISOTTO WITH CLAMS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
3/5 (11)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsServings 4
SEAFOOD RISOTTO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CLAM & PRAWN RISOTTO - COOKING CIRCLE
RECIPE: CLAM RISOTTO; THE FISH DELI, ASHBURTON
A SPECIAL "RISOTTO": FREGOLA PASTA WITH CLAMS! - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
SEAFOOD RISOTTO RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
SHRIMP RISOTTO RECIPE, VENETIAN-STYLE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
RISOTTO WITH FRESH CLAMS - EVERYBODYLOVESITALIAN ...
CLAM RISOTTO RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
RISOTTO WITH FRESH CLAMS | LINDA'S ITALIAN TABLE
CLAM AND SCALLION RISOTTO - LIDIA
CLAM RISOTTO ROMANO | OCEAN'S
OUR BEST RISOTTO RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
CLAM RISOTTO WITH BACON AND CHIVES RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
RISOTTO CLAM RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
CLAM RISOTTO | AQUACULTURE ASSOCIATION OF NOVA SCOTIA
20 CLAM RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME - INSANELY GOOD
CLAM RISOTTO RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RISOTTO WITH CLAMS | GIADZY
CLAM RISOTTO WITH BACON AND CHIVES RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CLAM RISOTTO RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
SEAFOOD AND BAY LEAF RISOTTO - RICARDO CUISINE
CLAM RISOTTO WITH LEMON (VONGOLE RISOTTO AL LIMONE ... - OUR ITALIAN …
SEAFOOD RISOTTO WITH CHERRY TOMATOES, CLAMS, SQUID, AND PARMESAN
CLAM AND VALPOLICELLA RISOTTO - BIGOVEN.COM
SAFFRON RISOTTO WITH CLAMS AND ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE - THE FRAYED …
CLAM RISOTTO RECIPE | RECIPE | RISOTTO, RISOTTO RECIPES, RECIPES
CLAM RISOTTO WITH GRILLED SHRIMP | SAVEUR
RISOTTO ALLE VONGOLE (RISOTTO WITH CLAMS) RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LIDIA CLAM RISOTTO RECIPE
CLAM RISOTTO WITH BACON AND CHIVES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SEAFOOD RISOTTO | JAMIE OLIVER PASTA & RISOTTO RECIPES
CLAM RISOTTO WITH BACON AND CHIVES - SEAFOOD RISOTTO RECIPES
CLAM RISOTTO WITH BACON AND CHIVES - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
SEAFOOD RISOTTO RECIPE (FRUTTI DI MARE) • CIAOFLORENTINA
RISOTTO OF BABY CLAMS - BIGOVEN.COM
CLAMS AND MUSHROOM RISOTTO
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #side-dishes #rice #seafood #low-fat #dietary #low-cholesterol #healthy-2 #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #short-grain-rice #shellfish #clams
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Italian clam risotto?In Italy, clams are as small as thumbnails and so flavorful that they hardly need any seasoning. Using the juice the clams give off as part of the cooking liquid for the rice imbues the risotto with clam flavor.
What is the recipe for clams and rice?Ingredient Checklist 3 dozen littleneck clams (about 2 1/2 pounds) 8 ½ cups water, divided 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley 2 teaspoons minced garlic 1 ½ cups Arborio rice or other short-grain rice
How to cook clams on the stove?Step 1 Put the clams and 1/2 cup water in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cover and cook for 4 minutes or until the shells open. Remove the clams from the pan, reserving the cooking liquid. Cool clams. Remove the meat from the shells, and set aside. Advertisement Step 2 Bring 8 cups water to a simmer in a large saucepan (do not boil).
What to do with white clams?This time, the clams are cooked in garlic, butter, lemon, and fresh herbs. It’s hard to believe how such an easy recipe yields such beautiful complex flavors! It’s so elegant, it’s as if it came straight out of a fancy restaurant. You can serve these clams as a light appetizer or an entree with a side of rice, bread, or pasta. 6. White Clam Pizza