STEAMED CLAMS WITH WHITE WINE AND GARLIC
Steamed clams are cooked together with wine wine, garlic, a touch of butter and loads of fresh herbs. And have extra crusty bread ready to soak up the delicious broth.
Provided by Samantha Ferraro
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Begin by heating a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter and olive oil. Cook until the butter is almost fully melted.
- Add the chopped shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes, until shallots just change color. Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring everything together.
- Pour in white wine and add in the clams. Give everyone one good stir and cover skillet with a lid. Cook clams until they all open, about 7-9 minutes.
- Once done, turn off heat and add lemon juice and fresh herbs. Give everything one more good stir and serve with crusty bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275 kcal, Carbohydrate 5 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Cholesterol 41 mg, Sodium 220 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CLAMS IN GARLIC & WHITE WINE
Delicious morsels to serve as a starter or appetizer. Adapted from Canadian Living mag. http://www.canadianliving.com/food/
Provided by Derf2440
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut prosciutto into strips. In a large frypan, heat oil over medium heat; fry prosciutto until crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Remove to paper towel to drain.
- To the pan, add garlic, half of the parsley and the hot pepper flakes; fry for 1 minute. Add wine; bring to boil over medium high heat, add clams, cover and steam until clams open, about 5 minutes. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Sprinkle with prosciutto and remaining parsley.
- Ladle clams into small bowls and offer plenty of crusty bread to soak up the delicious broth.
STEAMED CLAMS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE
Manilla clams in a rich, creamy wine sauce, perfect for cold winter nights! Pair with a nice grapefruity Sauvignon Blanc. The acidity will cut the richness of the sauce and create balance and elegance. Garnish with fresh tarragon and serve hot with crusty garlic bread.
Provided by jndeans
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Saute leeks, shallots, and bacon in a skillet over medium heat until fat is extracted from the bacon, about 5 minutes. Add white wine and bring to a simmer.
- Add cream, peas, Parmesan cheese, carrots, butter, and dried tarragon; bring to a simmer. Add clams, cover, and steam until clams open, 7 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 96.9 mg, Fat 26.9 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 16.5 g, Sodium 177.3 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
SCOTT URE'S CLAMS AND GARLIC
- Wash clams to remove any dirt or sand.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute, or until tender. Pour in the white wine. Boil until wine has reduced to half its original volume.
- Add clams, cover, and steam till clams start to open. Add butter, cover, and cook till most or all of the clams open. Discard any that do not open. Transfer clams and juice to 2 large bowls. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191.5 calories, Carbohydrate 4.3 g, Cholesterol 24 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 63.5 mg, Sugar 1 g
WHITE WINE AND GARLIC STEAMED CLAMS
My boyfriend and I went to a restaurant in Newport, RI and got this dish so many times they finally gave us the recipe...we never went back because we make it so much at home! Easy and delicious...just have extra bread on hand for dipping!
Provided by kristineaston
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat olive oil in large pan (use enough to lightly coats bottom -- about 3 TBSP).
- Saute garlic until a little soft (DO NOT let it brown).
- Place clams in pan on top of oil & garlic (try to place in single layer, but can be double on top of each other).
- Add enough white wine to barely cover/meet the middle of the clams.
- Add crushed red pepper and thyme (you can change the amounts to your liking -- I usually make it pretty spicy).
- Cover with a tight lid and steam until all clams have opened (I use a clear glass top so I can watch them and not have to take the lid off, but you don't have to).
- Poor into large bowl and serve.
- Enjoy with some crusty bread for dipping in the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 389.7, Fat 22.9, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 88.7, Sodium 149.2, Carbohydrate 10.6, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 0.6, Protein 34
GRILLED CLAMS WITH GARLIC, WHITE WINE, AND TOMATOES
In this no-fuss recipe from chef Chris Schlesinger, toss littleneck clams directly onto the grill, cook until they open, and serve with a wine-butter sauce. Also try:Barbecued Oysters with Bacon and Garlic Butter, Southeast Asian-Style Grilled Shrimp with Aromatic Herbs
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 12 as an appetizer
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat a grill: If using a charcoal grill, make a fire in your grill with the coals placed off to one side. When the coals are completely covered in gray ash, hold your hand about 5 inches above the grill grid; count how many seconds you can comfortably leave it there. When you can hold it there for 2 to 3 seconds, you have medium-high heat and are ready to grill. If you are using a gas grill, heat the grill for 15 minutes with the lid closed. Before beginning to cook, reduce the temperature by turning the knobs to medium-high.
- Place a large heatproof pan on grill near, but not over, the hottest side of the grill. Add butter and garlic and cook until butter is melted, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and white wine.
- Place clams directly over fire on grill and cook until opened, transferring clams to pan as they open. Season clams with salt and pepper; sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately with grilled bread.
FISH, CLAMS, AND MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE AND GARLIC
- Cut striped bass fillets and halibut fillets into 2-inch cubes (don't use tuna or salmon - they do not belong in a fish stew). In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped shallots, chopped garlic, and dried crushed red pepper. After they are light brown (about 2 minutes), add parsley, then quickly throw in the fish. Add salt and pepper to taste. After the fish is lightly colored, add clams and mussels and white wine. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes (when the mussels and clams open, the stew is done). Okay? Sprinkle with chopped Italian parsley. Serve with 1/2-inch-thick slices of Italian bread, fried in olive oil, on the side. That's it; it's done.
More about "clams with garlic and white wine recipes"
STEAMED CLAMS WITH WHITE WINE, GARLIC AND BUTTER - …
4.6/5 (8)Category Appetizer, DinnerCuisine American, ItalianCalories 488 per serving
- Fill a large bowl with cool tap water and place the clams in it. Let them soak for 20 minutes during which they’ll expel any sand and grit.
- In a large pot (that has a lid), melt half the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallot, sauté until fragrant about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the white wine, bring to a boil. Next, add the clams and remaining butter. Cover and steam until the clams have opened (about 7-10 minutes).
- Squeeze half a lemon over the steamed clams and sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Serve with warm, toasted bread.
GARLIC AND WHITE WINE CLAMS | LODGE CAST IRON
Servings 2-4Estimated Reading Time 40 secsCategory Entrée Recipes
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
BEST WHITE WINE GARLIC BUTTER STEAMED MANILA CLAMS ...
CLAMS IN WHITE WINE WITH GARLIC AND BUTTER - TABLEANDDISH
CLAM & PRAWN RISOTTO
CLAMS IN WINE AND GARLIC - THERESCIPES.INFO
GARLIC AND WHITE WINE CLAMS | BLACKLOCK TRIPLE SEASONED ...
CLAM PASTA WITH GARLIC AND WHITE WINE RECIPE
CLAMS, WHITE WINE & GARLIC RECIPE – WRIGHT BROTHERS HOME ...
CLAMS WITH WHITE WINE BUTTER AND GARLIC | HEINEN'S …
CLAMS IN GARLIC AND WHITE WINE | CANADIAN LIVING
20 CLAM RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME - INSANELY GOOD
BUTTERY GARLIC STEAMED CLAMS | THE BLOND COOK
GARLIC BUTTER CLAMS WITH WHITE WINE CREAM SAUCE - DAMN ...
CLAMS IN WHITE WINE GARLIC : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
CLAMS IN WHITE WINE WITH PARSLEY AND BACON CRUMBLE
CLAMS WITH GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - PENELOPE CASAS | FOOD & WINE
CLAMS IN A WHITE WINE CREAM SAUCE W/ LEEKS AND GARLIC ...
STEAMED CLAMS WITH GARLIC BUTTER AND WINE - THE ART OF ...
CLAMS IN WHITE WINE, TOMATO AND FENNEL | RICARDO
CLAMS WITH TOMATOES WINE AND GARLIC – NICK STELLINO
STEAMER CLAMS WITH GARLIC BUTTER AND WHITE WINE
RECIPES: WHITE WINE STEAMER CLAMS
STEAMED CLAMS WITH WHITE WINE, GARLIC AND BUTTER – …
CLAMS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE WITH SERRANO GARLIC BUTTER ...
LITTLE NECK CLAMS IN WINE AND GARLIC BROTH - 2 SISTERS ...
WHITE WINE CLAM SAUCE OVER LINGUINE | MCCORMICK
CLAMS IN WHITE WINE GARLIC - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GRILLED CLAMS WITH WHITE WINE-GARLIC BUTTER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
STEAMED CLAMS WITH WHITE WINE & GARLIC BUTTER | TAYLOR ...
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS AND GARLIC RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
CLAMS IN GARLIC WINE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
STEAMED CLAMS IN WHITE WINE, GARLIC, AND BUTTER
SAUTéED CLAMS WITH GARLIC AND WHITE WINE BY RASAMALAYSIA ...
CLAMS STEAMED IN WHITE WINE, GARLIC AND HERBS - DINING AND ...
SIMPLE STEAMED CLAMS IN WHITE WINE & GARLIC - REAL GREEK ...
GARLIC CLAMS WITH LINGUINE RECIPE - WINE BUTLER
FRESH CLAMS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
STEAMED CLAMS WITH WHITE WINE, GARLIC AND BUTTER ...
GARLIC CLAM SAUCE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
CLAMS WITH WHITE WINE, BACON, GARLIC, AND PARSLEY RECIPE ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook clams with white wine?Place clams in pan on top of oil & garlic (try to place in single layer, but can be double on top of each other). Add enough white wine to barely cover/meet the middle of the clams. Add crushed red pepper and thyme (you can change the amounts to your liking -- I usually make it pretty spicy).
How do you cook clams with garlic?Saute garlic until a little soft (DO NOT let it brown). Place clams in pan on top of oil & garlic (try to place in single layer, but can be double on top of each other). Add enough white wine to barely cover/meet the middle of the clams. Add crushed red pepper and thyme (you can change the amounts to your liking -- I usually make it pretty spicy).
How to cook clams for pasta?Steps to Make It Boil some water in a large pot for the pasta. Soak the clams in a bowl of cold water for about 10 minutes. Heat the oil and butter over a medium heat in a large, heavy-based pot. Add the chopped tomatoes and fry for about 7 minutes until their juice starts to evaporate. Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the clams to the pot.
What is the best way to cook with garlic and white wine?In a large pot (that has a lid), melt half the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallot, sauté until fragrant about 1-2 minutes. Add the white wine, bring to a boil.