CHEWY COCONUT BARS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, cream the shortening, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Slowly blend in flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut. Spread the mixture evenly in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool before cutting into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 331.6 calories, Carbohydrate 45.3 g, Cholesterol 31 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 118 mg, Sugar 32.4 g
BAKER'S GERMAN'S CHOCOLATE, CARAMEL & COCONUT BARS
Taste the divine mix of caramel, coconut and chocolate in these BAKER'S GERMAN'S Chocolate, Caramel & Coconut Bars. Also made with a vanilla cake bar, these caramel coconut bars are perfect for your upcoming bake sale or holiday goodie bag.
Provided by My Food and Family
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Beat butter and sugar in medium bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and flour; mix well. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until lightly browned. Cool 10 min.
- Microwave caramel bits and milk in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min.; stir until bits are completely melted and mixture is well blended. Add coconut; mix well. Spread evenly over crust.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over dessert. Cool completely.
- Run knife around edges of pan to loosen dessert. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 115 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
CARAMEL COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS
These layered dessert bars are loaded with gluten free chocolate chunk dough, caramel sauce, chocolate chips, pecans and toasted coconut for the ultimate treat.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper.
- Break up cookie dough rounds and press evenly in bottom of pan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes until crust is golden and puffy.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter, sugars, heavy cream and sea salt; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes until mixture is thick enough to coat back of spoon. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans evenly over crust. Drizzle caramel mixture over top. Sprinkle evenly with coconut. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until caramel bubbles and coconut is toasted. Cool completely on cooling rack before cutting into bars.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
BUTTERY COCONUT BARS
My coconut bars are an American version of a Filipino coconut cake called bibingka. These are a crispier, sweeter take on the Christmas tradition I grew up with. —Denise Nyland, Panama City, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment, letting ends extend up sides., In a large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and salt; stir in 1 cup melted butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake until light brown, 12-15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°., In a large bowl, whisk the first 7 filling ingredients until blended; stir in 3 cups coconut. Pour over crust; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake until light golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with parchment, remove from pan. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211 calories, Fat 12g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 166mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
COCONUT CARAMEL BARS
If you love the taste of Samoa cookies, you will enjoy these gooey and chewy bars loaded with coconut, caramel and chocolate! If you have any question as to lifting these bars from the pan, line the bottom with parchment. This recipe was the grand prize winner for King Arthur Flour and the Baker's Catalogue.
Provided by Bev I Am
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Toast the coconut: Spread coconut in a 9x13" pan, bake in preheated 300 degree F oven 20-25 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring half way through baking time.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg, until well blended.
- Mix in flour, salt, baking powder and 1 1/2 cups toasted coconut (reserving 1/2 cup for topping).
- Spread mixture in un-greased 9x13" pan, lining with parchment if you desire.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt 1/2 (1/2 cup) of the caramel in microwave.
- Drizzle melted caramel over baked crust and return to oven for 10-12 minutes or until medium brown and caramel is bubbly.
- Removed crust from oven, working quickly, use a heat proof plastic knife (plastic reduces the drag on sticky baked goods), or a bench knife, to loosen the edges of the crust from the pan; cut into 2 dozen bars, leaving them in the pan. (It is easier to cut these bars while still warm).
- Sprinkle bars with the chocolate chips.
- Allow chocolate chips to soften about 5 minutes, then spread chocolate evenly over bars.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Loosen the bars from the edge of pan again, using a flexible spatula to lift the bars out of the pan.
- Set on a rack.
- Combine remaining caramel with 1 tablespoon milk or cream and heat until caramel is melted enough to pour.
- Stir to combine with milk or cream, drizzle over the bars.
- Garnish with reserved toasted coconut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.5, Fat 10, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 18, Sodium 118.5, Carbohydrate 29, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 22.5, Protein 1.7
CHOCOLATE COCONUT BARS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and coconut until well blended. Press dough evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before cutting into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 153.9 calories, Carbohydrate 24.2 g, Cholesterol 8.7 mg, Fat 5.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 86.8 mg, Sugar 20.2 g
Making your own candy may seem daunting, but time and attention are all you need. This recipe calls for two sugars: granulated, which provides the base for your caramel, and an inverted sugar, corn syrup, which stabilizes and keeps the caramel from crystalizing. The line between soft-chewy and hard candy is a delicate one, so a candy thermometer is recommended for precision. Ginger and cardamom will add a nice zing, but lean into other warm spices, such as cinnamon, black pepper or chili powder, if that's what you have on hand. A final coat of toasted, finely shredded coconut lends an almost buttery crunch, and prevents the pieces from sticking. Wrap up individually if you have the time: These are made for sharing and can be frozen for up to a month.
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
Categories snack, candies, dessert
Yield About 72 pieces
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the coconut flakes in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet, and toast until light golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Brush an 8-inch baking dish generously with coconut oil or coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle about 3 to 4 tablespoons of toasted coconut in an even layer on the bottom of the pan, and set aside.
- In a medium heavy saucepan, combine the coconut cream, sugar, corn syrup and sea salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Boil, stirring frequently especially toward the end, until a candy thermometer reaches 250 degrees and caramel is a light golden brown and thickened, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the ginger and cardamom.
- Pour the caramel into the prepared pan. Once the caramel stops bubbling and the surface forms a thin skin, about 3 minutes, sprinkle another 4 tablespoons toasted coconut across the surface. Allow to cool at room temperature and set completely, about 2 hours.
- Run a spatula around the sides of the baking dish, loosen and lift the caramel, and move onto a board or clean surface.
- Slice the caramel into 8 (1-inch-wide) strips, then across into 1/2-inch pieces, so you have about 72 caramels. Roll the sides of each piece in more toasted coconut. Wrap as individual sweets using 4- to 5-inch squares of parchment, wax paper, or cellophane, or use store-bought candy wrappers, twisting the ends to seal. Store at room temperature in a cool dry place. Caramels will keep stored at room temp for up to 7 days or frozen after wrapping for up to 1 month.
CHOCOLATE CHUNK COCONUT CARAMEL BARS
Planning a sleepover for your kiddos? We predict these Chocolate Chunk Coconut Caramel Bars would be a super-popular treat.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 36 servings, 1 bar each.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour and brown sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom of foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle pecans and coconut over crust; cover with condensed milk. Bake an additional 25 minutes or until coconut is lightly browned. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Microwave caramels and milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minute. Drizzle over dessert; sprinkle with chocolate chunks. Cool completely. Cut into 36 bars to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 65 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
More about "coconut caramel bars recipes"
GRAND PRIZE COCONUT-CARAMEL BARS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4/5 (33)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsServings 24
- To toast coconut, spread it in a 9" x 13" pan, and bake it in a preheated 300°F oven for 18 to 22 minutes, stirring it halfway through, or until it's a light golden brown.
- Remove the coconut from the oven, and set it aside., Increase the oven heat to 350°F., In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- Mix in the flour, salt, baking powder, and 1 1/2 cups (80g) of the toasted coconut., Spread the mixture in an ungreased 9" x 13" pan.
COCONUT GOOEY CHOCOLATE CRUNCH BARS | HALF BAKED …
CARAMEL COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS - IMMACULATE …
GOOEY CARAMEL COCONUT BARS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Difficulty EasySteps 4
COCONUT CARAMEL BARS | IMPERIAL SUGAR - RECIPES
Servings 24Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Cookies & Bars
CARAMEL COCONUT CANDY BARS - FRESH WATER PEACHES
COCONUT CARAMEL COOKIE BARS AKA SAMOAS BARS - CRAVINGS …
CHEWY CARAMEL CHOCOLATE BARS - JESSICA GAVIN
COCONUT CARAMEL BARS - NADIA'S HEALTHY KITCHEN
CARAMEL COCONUT BARS | WITH A BLAST
CARAMEL COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS | GIRL VERSUS DOUGH
10 BEST CARAMEL COCONUT CANDY RECIPES | YUMMLY
GOOEY CARAMEL COCONUT BARS - KELLOGG'S
COCONUT CARAMEL BARS - LOVE IN MY OVEN
COCONUT CARAMEL MAGIC BARS - THE CAREFREE KITCHEN
CARAMEL COCONUT BARS - COOKIES AND CUPS
CHEWY CARAMEL COCONUT BARS [+ VIDEO] - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
CARAMEL COCONUT BARS - HIGH CARB HANNAH
PINK COCONUT CARAMEL BARS
THE BEST GOOEY CHOCOLATE COCONUT BARS - FORK FREEDOM
COCONUT CARAMEL CAROB BARS, CAROB RECIPES - THE AUSTRALIAN …
TOASTED COCONUT CARAMEL SHORTBREAD BARS (AKA SAMOA COOKIE BARS)
MACADAMIA-COCONUT-CARAMEL BARS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
VEGAN COCONUT CARAMEL DATE SNACK BARS - NO BAKE
COCONUT CARAMEL BARS – COCONUTMILKIDEAS
CARAMEL COCONUT COOKIE BARS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CARAMEL BARS | GREEN SMOOTHIE GOURMET
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CARAMEL BARS - BAKERITA
COCONUT CARAMEL TWIX BARS! - LILSIPPER
COCONUT CARAMEL COOKIE MAGIC BARS - BROWN SUGAR FOOD BLOG
TOASTED COCONUT CARAMEL PEANUT BUTTER SNICKERS BARS
COCONUT CARAMEL CHOCOLATE BARS - CARROT QUEEN BLOG
COCONUT CARAMEL CAROB BARS - CAROB RECIPES
WALNUT CARAMEL CHOCOLATE BARS - CALIFORNIA WALNUTS
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CARAMEL COOKIE BARS [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
COCONUT CARAMEL PECAN COOKIE BARS - MY BAKING ADDICTION
CARAMEL CHOCOLATE BARS RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CARAMEL BARS - BAKED AMBROSIA
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-large-groups #desserts #fruit #oven #cookies-and-brownies #chocolate #bar-cookies #nuts #stove-top #coconut #equipment #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the ingredients in a caramel bar?These rich, caramel chocolate bars feature all kinds of goodies! Shredded coconut, oats, salted vanilla caramel and melty milk chocolate. Preheat oven to 350°F. Make the crust: In a medium size bowl mix together flour, brown sugar, and salt. Grate the frozen butter using a box grater and add the butter to the brown sugar and flour.
What is a chewy caramel coconut bar?This simple recipe for Chewy Caramel Coconut Bars, similar to homemade samoas, are a shortbread cookie bar topped with easy caramel, shredded coconut and a drizzle of chocolate. Only 7 ingredients and highly addictive. This post may contain affiliate links for products we love. We earn a small commission on these links, at no cost to you.
How do you make caramel shortbread with caramels?Place the unwrapped caramels and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Heat, stirring until the caramels melt and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and mix through the salt then stir through the coconut. Let it cool for a couple of minutes then tip the caramel coconut mixture onto the shortbread.
How do you make easy caramel sauce at home?To make the easy caramel just take store-bought wrapped chewy caramels and dissolve them together with a little cream over low heat. Don’t let it boil and keep stirring until you have a smooth caramel sauce. Stir through a little salt then mix the caramel with shredded coconut.