CORIANDER LEMON CHICKEN
A mild Indian dish with lots of flavor, the original recipe from Madhur Jaffrey calls for chicken parts, if you use those buy a bit more chicken and adjust the cooking time. Found this recipe about 20 years ago and it has become one of our favorites.
Provided by PetsRus
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oil and brown the chicken, you might have to do that in batches, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the same oil, when that starts to brown lower the heat to medium and add the ginger/water mix, fry this for 1 minute Then add: coriander, chili, cayenne, cumin, coriander, turmeric and salt, cook for another minute and mix well.
- Return the chicken to the pan, with the accumulated juices, add the water and the lemon juice.
- Stir, bring to the boil, and then cover and simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes, depending what chicken meat is used.
- When cooked and you find the sauce too thin, uncover the pot and reduce the sauce by using some higher heat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316, Fat 18, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 97.1, Sodium 194.9, Carbohydrate 4.4, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 0.9, Protein 33.5
LEMON CORIANDER CHICKEN
Found the original recipe in one of those supermarket magazines. (Don't ask me why I still buy them despite the fact that I have hundreds of recipes saved in my cookbooks here waiting to try.) Easy to prepare and great results make this a winner for me. The original calls for conventional (out of the jar) ground corriander. I like to toast my seeds and coarsely grind them as it adds a nice toasty flavor and rustic look to the dish. Do what works best for you. Please note preparation time does not include 3-24 hour marinading time.
Provided by justcallmetoni
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Start off by putting the coriander seeds in a skillet over high heat. Toast for a few minutes until the seeds begin to release a pleasant aroma. Crush the seeds in a grinder, with a mortar and pestle, or with the back of thick knife.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of the ground coriander and place into a resealable bag or non reactive dish. Add in the garlic, lemon zest, minced peppers, lemon juice and honey.
- Prepare the chicken breasts with a light dusting of salt and pepper and place in the marinade. Marinate for a minimum of 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the chicken breasts skinned side up into a roasting pan. Cover with the marinade. Cover dish with foil or lid and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil or lid and baste the chicken breasts with the glaze at the bottom of the pan. bake and additional 18-20 minutes until the chicken is tender and juices run clear. Give a final baste and serve.
CHICKEN IN LEMON CORIANDER BROTH
- Simmer the garlic in the broth and water for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Add the chicken, lemon zest and simmer gently, without boiling, for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the broth from the heat and add the cilantro and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle each portion with Parmesan and serve immediately.
Ground coriander provides a fabulous taste to the Coriander Chicken
Provided by elaineoconnell
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine the garlic with the yogurt and pour over the chicken, leave to marinate over night.
- Heat the oil in a pot and saute the onions until golden brown then remove the onion from the pot, set aside
- Fry the coriander, mixed spice, black pepper and turmeric for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and the yogurt and fry the chicken for 5 minutes over medium heat
- Add the chili powder, stock cube, onions, water and salt to taste, then bring it to a boil, reduce the flame and simmer for about 30 minutes
LEMONY CHICKEN WITH FRESH CORIANDER
- Put the ginger and 1/4 cup water into a blender and blend into a paste. Set aside.
- Place the oil in a wide, heavy, preferably nonstick pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add as many chicken pieces as fit in a single layer and brown on both sides. Remove them and continue until all the chicken is browned.
- Add the garlic to the hot oil. As soon as it turns medium brown, turn down the heat to medium and pour in the ginger paste. Stir and fry for a minute. Add the fresh coriander, chili, cayenne, cumin, coriander seeds, turmeric and salt. Cook, stirring, for a minute. Add the chicken pieces as well as any juices that have accumulated. Add 2/3 cup water to the pot and the lemon juice. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover tightly, turn heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces over. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes more, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken. If the sauce is too thin, boil some of the liquid away over a higher heat. Serve with basmati rice.
GRILLED LEMON-CORIANDER CHICKEN
- Purée cilantro, oil, shallots, garlic, lemon zest and juice, chile, coriander, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor until it forms a paste. Leave any fat in opening of chicken cavity and sprinkle cavity with pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Starting at cavity end, gently slide an index finger between skin and flesh of breast and legs to loosen skin (be careful not to tear skin). Using a small spoon, slide cilantro purée under skin over breast and drumsticks, using your finger on outside of skin to push purée out of spoon and distribute evenly. Tie legs together with kitchen string and tuck wing tips under. Brush outside of chicken all over with butter.
- Prepare grill for cooking over indirect heat with medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas); see "Grilling Procedure< >."
- To cook chicken using a charcoal grill: Lightly oil grill rack, then put chicken on rack with no coals directly underneath and cook, covered with lid, until thermometer inserted into fleshy part of thigh (do not touch bone) registers 170°F, 40 to 50 minutes. (Add more briquettes during grilling if necessary to maintain heat.) Transfer chicken to a platter and let stand 15 minutes.
- To cook chicken using a gas grill: Lightly oil grill rack, then put chicken above shut-off burner. Grill, covered with lid, turning chicken 180 degrees halfway through cooking if using a 2-burner grill, until thermometer inserted into fleshy part of thigh (do not touch bone) registers 170°F, 35 to 45 minutes.
More about "coriander lemon chicken recipes"
CORIANDER AND LEMON CHICKEN – JACS HEALTHY RECIPES
Servings 1Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner, Healthy Comfort Food, RecipesCalories 190 per serving
- Wash the lemon in hot soapy water (only if waxed) and dry on kitchen paper (paper towels). Using the fine side of the grater, grate a little of the zest of the lemon into a medium-sized bowl. Add the garlic, coriander (cilantro) leaves, olive oil and the juice of the ½ lemon. Mix together with a little salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken into the marinade and use your fingers to rub the marinade all over until the chicken is coated. Cover and leave to rest in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan (skillet) over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken, press it into the pan and cook for about 6–8 minutes on each side, turning the heat down if it looks like it’s starting to catch, until the chicken is cooked through. Leave to rest in the pan for 2 minutes before serving.
TWO LEMON-CORIANDER ROAST CHICKENS RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrs
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grate lemon zest into a small bowl; cut 1 lemon in half. Reserve remaining lemon for serving or another use. Add oil, coriander, garlic, several grinds of pepper, and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt to zest in bowl; whisk to combine.
- Place chickens, breast side up, on a rimmed baking sheet fitted with a wire rack. Pat dry with paper towels. Using your fingertips, loosen skin from breasts, being careful not to tear. Season cavities evenly with several grinds of pepper and remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- Rub lemon-coriander oil all over chickens, including under loosened skin. Stuff each cavity with 1 lemon half and 1 onion half. Tie legs together with kitchen twine and tuck wing tips under.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Continue roasting until chickens are golden brown and crispy and a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of thighs registers 165°F, 1 hour, 5 minutes to 1 hour, 15 minutes. Let chickens rest for 10 minutes. Discard lemon and onion halves. Carve and serve.
LEMON CORIANDER CHICKEN CURRY - GLEBE KITCHEN
5/5 (10)Total Time 40 minsCategory MainCalories 380 per serving
- Heat the oil in a pot large enough to hold all the chicken. Dry the chicken with paper towel. Working in batches, brown all the chicken over moderately high heat. Don't over crowd the pan and let the chicken cook long enough to release naturally. This helps avoid sticking problems.
- Make sure your heat is set to medium. Add the cinnamon stick. Let it cook about 20 seconds (you want to see little bubbles forming around it).
MUSTARD & CORIANDER CHICKEN BREASTS WITH LEMON-BASIL VINAIGRETTE
CORIANDER AND LEMON CHICKEN | CABOT HEALTH
LEMON CHICKEN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
LEMON-CORIANDER WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN | THANKSGIVING WITH …
RECIPES MARINATED CHICKEN WITH LEMON, PEPPER AND CORIANDER …
CORIANDER CHICKEN WITH LEMON AND SUMAC - JEWISH FOOD EXPERIENCE
CORIANDER CHICKEN RECIPE - SIMPLE FOOD & REVIEWS
SPICY LEMON GARLIC AND CORIANDER CHICKEN - MY FAVOURITE PASTIME
SIMPLY DELICIOUS LEMON CORIANDER CHICKEN - NOT-SO-SERIOUS EATS
SPATCHCOCK CORIANDER LEMON CHICKEN | CANADIAN LIVING
LEMON AND CORIANDER ROAST CHICKEN – POTSANDPANS
LEMON CORIANDER CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE - PALATE'S DESIRE
MADHUR JAFFREY’S LEMONY CHICKEN WITH CORIANDER RECIPE
CORIANDER LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
RECIPES MARINATED CHICKEN WITH LEMON, PEPPER AND CORIANDER
SPICE-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH FENNEL, CORIANDER & LEMON RECIPE
CLASSIC SPATCHCOCKED ROAST CHICKEN WITH GARLIC, LEMON & CORIANDER
CORIANDER CHICKEN THIGHS WITH SPRING VEGETABLES, GNOCCHI, AND …
LEMON CILANTRO (OR CORIANDER) CHICKEN - MANILA SPOON
LEMON CORIANDER COUS COUS CHICKEN AN CHUTNEY RECIPE BY GARY …
CORIANDER LEMON CHICKEN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
LEMON CORIANDER CHICKEN RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CORIANDER & LEMON CHICKEN – MINICROPS
CORIANDER CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH PRESERVED LEMON RECIPE | RACHAEL …
LEMON CORIANDER CHICKEN | BUY LATASHA'S KITCHEN PRODUCTS NOW
10 BEST CUMIN AND CORIANDER CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
CORIANDER LEMON CHICKEN - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SWEET CHILLI CHICKEN WITH GARLIC, LEMON AND CORIANDER RECIPE
LEMON CORIANDER CHICKEN RECIPE WITH YOGURT MUSTARD SAUCE
SWAHILI CHICKEN PILAU RECIPE - SOLAR-HEART.COM
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN WITH CORIANDER RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
CHICKEN LEMON CORIANDER SOUP RECIPE - THE TIMES GROUP
LIME AND CORIANDER CHICKEN | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
#curries #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #very-low-carbs #main-dish #condiments-etc #poultry #asian #indian #dinner-party #herb-and-spice-mixes #chicken #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-carb #cooking-mixes #low-in-something #meat #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook chicken with coriander and garlic?Measure out 2 tablespoons of the ground coriander and place into a resealable bag or non reactive dish. Add in the garlic, lemon zest, minced peppers, lemon juice and honey. Prepare the chicken breasts with a light dusting of salt and pepper and place in the marinade.
What is lemon coriander chicken curry?Lemon coriander chicken curry is one of the very first curries I ever learned to cook. I cook dozens of curries now but this one is special to me. It’s different. Not a run of the mill curry. The sauce is on the runny side. No onion at all. Not what you’d expect. But so good. It’s homestyle Indian cooking. Like somebody’s mom used to make.
How do you cook chicken in boiling water with lemon juice?Add 2/3 cup water and the lemon juice. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover tightly, turn heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces over. Cover again and cook another 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
How to cook chicken tenderloin with lemon juice?Put in all the chicken pieces as well as any liquid that might have accumulated in the chicken bowl. Add 2/3 cup water and the lemon juice. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover tightly, turn heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.