- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto two large baking sheets; flatten slightly with floured fingertips. Bake until edges are golden, 14 to 16 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies immediately to a wire rack; let cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108 g, Fat 6 g, Protein 1 g
CORN PONE COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg; stir in bananas.
- Blend into flour mixture; stir in nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
MY DADDY'S CORN PONE
Here's one of the things my dad used to make (it was a short list, and it also included a simple and amazing oyster stew and the best chocolate fudge in the world). I love this stuff... it's like a dense, very moist cornbread, and unique. I haven't seen a similar recipe for it. Enjoy! Serve with butter.
Provided by Candace Gallagher
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Stir cornmeal, sugar, flour, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add butter. Stir until melted and blended. Remove from heat and let cool until lukewarm, at least 15 minutes. Add milk and eggs and mix well. Stir in the cornmeal mixture just until combined. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is dry, about 45 minutes. Let cool for 45 minutes before cutting into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.3 calories, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 43.6 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 254.1 mg, Sugar 10 g
My husband's grandmother gave me this corn pone recipe years ago. She always made it with bacon drippings, which is heavenly, but if you're trying to be a little more health-conscious, you can use canola oil or a combination of the two. I cook it until it's crisp almost all the way through. It's delicious hot, warm or cold. -Tina Quiggle, LaGrange, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 375°. Add oil to a 12-in cast iron or oven-proof skillet; place in oven. In a large bowl, whisk together all cornmeal, salt and water. Mixture will be thick. Carefully spread mixture evenly in skillet, spooning some of the oil on top of batter. Bake until edges start to brown, about 35 minutes. To serve, break into pieces and serve with butter and honey if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215 calories, Fat 12g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 238mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
This is a wonderful corn pone recipe from my friend's grandmother. Once you prepare this dish, it will become a staple. It is moist and delicious and goes great with barbeque and other Southern-style dishes.
Provided by Larry
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Place cornmeal in a large bowl. Pour in boiling water, stirring until blended. Add sugar and salt; blend using an electric mixer.
- Beat milk and eggs together; stir into the cornmeal mixture. Add melted butter and blend well. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is slightly browned, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.8 calories, Carbohydrate 34.7 g, Cholesterol 52.6 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 221.6 mg, Sugar 17.3 g
DELICIOUS CORN PONE
This is a very OLD recipe that makes the most marvelous moist cornbread! I was given this recipe by a dear relative who was a neighbor of mine after I was married. Jeannette taught me so many things about cooking and baking. This was her grandmother's corn pone recipe. Everyone loves it and asks me for the recipe. I have not found a recipe here that is like it. This can be served all year round. It is requested at all family and Church dinners. It does not taste anything like the drier cornbreads. Some area restaurants include pieces of this type of moist pone in their bread baskets. I hope you try it and like it too!
Provided by Debaylady
Yield 24-30 pone, 24-30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yellow cornmeal, sugar, and salt.
- Slice the butter over top the dry ingredients.
- Add the boiling water and stir to mix ingredients together.
- Add the flour and baking powder; stir to mix in well.
- Beat eggs, mix with the milk and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir to mix well. Be sure to get all the lumps out. Hint: When you are pouring into pan, stop if you see lumps and beat with mixer on medium.
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with Pam.
- Pour in your baking pan.
- Bake 1 hour in a preheated 325 degree oven.
- Then lower the temperature to 300 degrees and bake 1 hour.
- Do NOT cut until at least 1/2 hour after taking out of the oven.
- Note: The number of servings will depend on how you cut the squares.
- If you cut the square into 1-inch pieces you will get a large number, but people will go back for more and more. We like the larger squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.4, Fat 5.7, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 30.6, Sodium 154.6, Carbohydrate 29.2, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 12.6, Protein 3
More about "corn pone cookies recipes"
10 BEST CORNFLAKE COOKIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
THIS CLASSIC CORN PONE RECIPE WILL TAKE YOU BACK IN TIME
CORNBREAD - WIKIPEDIA
CHRISTINA TOSI'S CORN COOKIES FROM MOMOFUKU MILK BAR
SOUTHERN CORN PONE BREAD - YUM TASTE
FLOUR PONE BREAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CORN PONE, A PIONEER STAPLE - PREPAREDNESS ADVICE
CORN PONE PIE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
SOFT CORNMEAL COOKIES RECIPE - CRAZY FOR CRUST
CORN PONE COOKIES – NEW RECIPY
WHAT IS CORN PONE? LEARN ALL ABOUT THE CORNMEAL RECIPE
CORN PONE COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
OLD-FASHIONED CORN PONE RECIPE - MASHED.COM
SWEET CORN PONE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
10 BEST CORN PONE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CORN PONE (EASY SOUTHERN FRIED CORNMEAL BREAD RECIPE)
BEST CORN COOKIES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SWEET CORN COOKIES
ITALIAN CORNMEAL COOKIES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SWEET CORN COOKIES - KING ARTHUR BAKING
CORNFLAKE COOKIES (EASY NO BAKE RECIPE!) - COOKING CLASSY
CORN PONE - GRANDBABY CAKES
WRAP OF THE DAY RECIPE CORN PONE COOKIES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CORN PONE COOKIES - SOUTHERN RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
GRANDMA'S CORNFLAKE COOKIES (NO BAKE) - THE COUNTRY COOK
CHILI CHEESE CORN PONE PIE | RECIPE | BBQ PIT BOYS - YOUTUBE
SOUTHERN CORN PONE BREAD RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CORN PONE RECIPE (OLD-FASHIONED SOUTHERN VERSION) | KITCHN
CORN PONE, A PIONEER STAPLE - PREPAREDNESS ADVICE
CORNMEAL PONE - IMMACULATE BITES
COPYCAT TRADER JOES CORN COOKIES RECIPE - BURNT APPLE
CORN FLAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - TWO PINK PEONIES
CORN PONE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPE FOR CORN PONE BREAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CORNFLAKE COOKIES (CHEWY + CRISPY!) - MY BAKING ADDICTION
CORN PONE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPES, FOOD, INTERNATIONAL RECIPES
CORN PONE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CORN PONE PIE FROM LOREN MARTIN ARCHIVES – BAKER RECIPES®
AMAZING CORNMEAL COOKIES (MADE WITH POLENTA) - SWEETEST MENU
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-large-groups #drop-cookies #desserts #fruit #american #easy #beginner-cook #finger-food #kid-friendly #cookies-and-brownies #dietary #gifts #inexpensive #tropical-fruit #bananas #number-of-servings #presentation
You'll also love