COURGETTE FRITTERS WITH DILL & CUCUMBER SAUCE
- First make the sauce. Whisk together the mustard, vinegar and lemon juice, then slowly add the oil while continuing to whisk.
- Stir in the dill and cucumber, and chill until using. This can be made the night before.
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and brush a large baking tray with oil.
- For the fritters, gather the courgette in a clean tea towel and squeeze it to get rid of any excess moisture. Tip the courgette into a large bowl and mix together with the egg, buckwheat flour, onion seeds, pumpkin seeds and garlic. Season well, then dollop heaped spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared tray to create 6 round fritters. Press a piece of goat's cheese into the middle of each one.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until firm and golden on the top. Leave to cool on the tray before transferring to a wire rack. Serve cold or just warm, with the dill sauce, baby kale and lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 151 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 7 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH YOGURT-DILL SAUCE
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Grate onion on the large holes of a box grater into a medium bowl. Transfer grated onion to a piece of cheese cloth. Squeeze excess liquid from onion and discard. Transfer onion to a clean medium bowl; you should have about 1/2 cup grated onion. Grate zucchini into bowl with onion on the large holes of a box grater; you should have about 3 1/2 cups grated zucchini. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and toss to combine; let stand 30 seconds.
- Transfer zucchini and onion mixture to a clean piece of cheesecloth and cover. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible and discard. Transfer zucchini and onion to a large bowl. Add yogurt and egg; season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Slowly add 3/4 cup of the flour mixture, while folding it into the zucchini mixture. If mixture seems too wet, fold in 1/4 cup more.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, using about 3 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture, gently form a patty and place in skillet. Cook until fritters are firm and begin to turn golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Turn fritters and continue to cook about 2 minutes more. Turn fritters again and cook for 30 seconds; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat process with remaining zucchini mixture, adding more oil as necessary.
- Season fritters with salt and serve immediately with yogurt-dill sauce.
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH DILL
Can't give your Zucchini away!!!! Try these, they can be served hot, cold or even at room temperature. We love them hot straight from cooking served with lemon wedges and a nice yougurt based sauce such as Cacik or Tzatziki Sauce. Found this in a local paper and such a great way to use up those Zucchini over the summer months.
Provided by Tisme
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Grate the zucchini coarsely and put grated zucchini into a colander. Sprinkle lightly with salt and toss, then leave zucchini for 20 minutes to drain. Rinse the zucchini briefly, then squeeze it to extract as much liquid as you can, pat dry with kitchen paper and leave to dry on paper for 5 minutes .
- Mix the zucchini with the onion, garlic, fetta, herbs and eggs in a large bowl. Sift in the flours, then season with pepper and stir to combine.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until sizzling. Drop small tablespoons of batter into the hot oil and flatten gently. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and serve piping hot with a yoghurt sauce and lemon wedges.
More about "courgette fritters with dill cucumber sauce recipes"
COURGETTE FRITTERS WITH DILL AND CORIANDER DIPPING SAUCE
- saturated fat LESS THAN 1gProtein 1.0gEnergy 162kjTotal fat 0.3g
EASY COURGETTE FRITTERS RECIPE - OVEN BAKED WITH FETA …
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH FETA AND DILL - ONCE UPON A CHEF
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH FETA AND DILL - FEASTING AT HOME
BEST ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH DILL AND CHIVE SOUR CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
COURGETTE FRITTERS WITH DILL & CUCUMBER SAUCE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH DILL RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
13 MUST-TRY ZUCCHINI RECIPES: CLEVER WAYS TO USE ZUCCHINI
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH YOGURT DILL SAUCE
THE FOODIST: EASY PARMESAN ZUCCHINI FRITTERS RECIPE WITH HEALTHY …
GREEN PEA ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH CREAMY DILL SAUCE
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH YOGURT-DILL SAUCE - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN …
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS RECIPE - PINTEREST
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH DILL DIPPING SAUCE - VEGETARIAN 'VENTURES
GLUTEN FREE COURGETTE FRITTERS WITH DILL YOGHURT - VEGAN-BOARDS.COM
COURGETTE FRITTERS WITH DILL & CUCUMBER SAUCE | COURGETTE …
COURGETTE FRITTERS WITH DILL & CUCUMBER SAUCE | RECIPE
ZUCCHINI CORNMEAL FRITTERS WITH YOGURT DILL SAUCE | ALLRECIPES
COURGETTE (ZUCCHINI) FRITTERS WITH TOMATO DIPPING SAUCE
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH DILL YOGURT | RECIPE | ZUCCHINI FRITTERS ...
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH DILL YOGURT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH DILL RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
KOHLRABI AND COURGETTE FRITTERS WITH MINT YOGURT SAUCE
ZUCCHINI AND DILL FRITTERS - BIGOVEN.COM
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH YOGURT-DILL SAUCE - EATING MY EMPIRE
POTATO FRITTERS WITH ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO CUCUMBER CORN SALAD
RECIPE: MOLYVOS RESTAURANT ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH YOGURT-DILL …
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH LEMON-DILL YOGURT SAUCE - EVERGREEN KITCHEN
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH DILL YOGURT | RECIPE | RECIPES, ZUCCHINI ...
GEOFFREY ZAKARIAN'S CRISPY ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH TZATZIKI SAUCE
You'll also love