CHILLI CRAB WITH SHAVED FENNEL & PARSLEY SALAD
This no-cook salad is light, fresh and full of flavour. Use fresh crabmeat - it tastes so much better than canned. This can be prepped ahead so you can plate up at the last minute
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Side dish, Starter
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Trim the stalk away from the fennel and pull away the first layer of each bulb if it's looking tired or bruised. Slice the fennel into rounds as thinly as possible using a sharp knife or, better still, on a mandolin if you have one. Tip the fennel into a bowl and season with a pinch of sea salt. Squeeze over half the lemon juice and drizzle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil, then set aside to marinate briefly.
- Tip the crabmeat into another bowl, season lightly, then add the rest of the lemon juice and olive oil, and half the chilli, and mix well. The crab and fennel can be prepared up to 2 hrs ahead and kept in the fridge, but bring the fennel out again 20 mins before serving.
- Mix the parsley and the rest of the chilli with the fennel. Divide between six plates, then top each one with a large spoonful of crabmeat in the middle. Scatter over the fennel fronds, lemon zest and a trickle of olive oil, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
CRAB AND FENNEL SALAD
Yield Makes 2 (first course) servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Finely grind fennel seeds in grinder, then whisk together with salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined.
- Shave fennel bulb with slicer crosswise into paper-thin slices until you have enough to measure 1 packed cup. (Halve bulb lengthwise if too large for slicer.) Toss with 2 teaspoons vinaigrette in another small bowl.
- Toss crabmeat with chives and 1 tablespoon vinaigrette in a third small bowl.
- Put each metal ring in center of a salad plate. Divide crab mixture between them, pressing down on it lightly with your fingertips.
- Toss lettuces with fennel mixture and divide between rings, pressing slightly without flattening tops.
- Drizzle remaining vinaigrette and remaining tablespoon oil around plates. Remove rings before serving.
DUNGENESS CRAB AND FENNEL SALAD WITH CREAMY LIME DRESSING
- Halve fennel lengthwise (or quarter if large) and discard core, then shave fennel lengthwise as thinly as possible using slicer. Soak sliced fennel in a bowl of ice and cold water until it is crisp, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Blend all dressing ingredients, except oils, with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender at high speed until combined. With blender still on high, add oils in a slow stream thourough top hole, blending until emulsified. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Drain fennel and pat dry, then toss with crabmeat and dressing. Divide spinach among 4 plates and top with crab salad.
More about "crab and fennel salad recipes"
CRAB STUFFED SALMON WITH FENNEL SALAD - LENA'S KITCHEN
5/5 (5)Total Time 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 865 per serving
- While the salmon is cooking, make the salad. Cut off the fronds from fennel, the cut the bulb in half. Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, slice the fennel thinly. Toss in a bowl with the arugula.
CRAB-FENNEL SALAD | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Total Time 20 minsCalories 176 per serving
- For dressing, in a small bowl stir together yogurt, mayonnaise, milk, and curry powder. If desired, thin dressing with additional milk.
- In a large bowl combine fresh fruit, crabmeat, and fennel; set aside. Divide salad greens or lettuce slices among three salad plates. Top with crabmeat mixture; drizzle with dressing.
CRAB MEAT SALAD WITH FENNEL AND HERBS - SALADS WITH ANASTASIA
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory SaladCalories 271 per serving
- Wash and trim your fennel and cucumber. Slice them both into julienne. Place your fennel in a bowl of cold water until you are ready to assemble the salad as it discolours.
FENNEL, CRAB & ORANGE SALAD | SEAFOOD RECIPES | JAMIE ...
Servings 2Total Time 15 minsCategory Light MealsCalories 306 per serving
- Dice the chilli.Arrange on the platter with the fennel and crabmeat.Mix the remaining orange juice with the oil.
FENNEL & CRAB PASTA RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER PASTA RECIPES
Servings 2Total Time 18 minsCategory Pasta RecipesCalories 464 per serving
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, then drain, reserving a mugful of cooking water.Deseed and finely slice the chilli, stir into the fennel pan and cook uncovered until soft and sticky, stirring occasionally.
CRAB AND FENNEL BRUSCHETTA | TESCO REAL FOOD
5/5 (8)Category StarterCuisine BritishTotal Time 20 mins
MANGO AND FENNEL CRAB SALAD RECIPE | 171 CALORIES | HAPPY ...
Servings 2Calories 171 per serving
CRAB AND BLOOD ORANGE SALAD RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CRAB AND FENNEL WALDORF SALAD RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
FENNEL, ORANGE AND CRAB SALAD RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
CRACKIN' CRAB BRIKS RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER 15 MINUTE MEAL
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 minsCategory Chef's DelightCalories 457 per serving
- In a bowl, mix the crabmeat and harissa along with chopped preserved lemons, spring onions and coriander.
- In a pan, add the brik and olive oil. Cook until crisp. Then, add caraway seeds to the pan and toast for a minute.
- In another bowl, add couscous, boiling water, tomato puree, and a pinch of salt and mix it properly. After mixing, cover the bowl.
FENNEL-AND-ENDIVE SLAW WITH CRAB RECIPE - JEAN-LOUIS ...
- In a small skillet, toast the fennel seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, about 40 seconds. Transfer the seeds to a mortar to cool, then pound to a coarse powder. In a small bowl, cover the ground fennel with 2 tablespoons of the grapeseed oil and let stand until flavorful, at least 30 minutes. Strain the fennel oil.
- Thinly slice the fennel on a mandoline. Spread the fennel in a large, wide baking dish in an even layer. Pour the grapefruit, orange and lime juices plus 1/4 cup of the lemon juice over the fennel and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain the citrus juices into a medium saucepan and boil over high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes. Pour the juice into a bowl set in ice water and chill thoroughly. Transfer the juice to a blender and, with the machine on, slowly add the olive oil and the remaining 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil until emulsified. Pour the dressing into a bowl, add the remaining 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- In a very large bowl, toss the fennel with the endives. Add the crab and dressing and toss lightly. Season with salt and pepper and arrange the salad in a large serving bowl or on a platter. Drizzle the fennel oil all over the slaw, garnish with the parsley leaves and serve.
CRAB, FENNEL, AND BASIL SPAGHETTI RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
Servings 4Calories 354 per servingTotal Time 20 mins
KOHLRABI, APPLE AND FENNEL SALAD WITH CRAB RECIPE ...
5/5 (2)Servings 4Cuisine British RecipesCalories 356 per serving
- Put the kohlrabi, fennel and apple slices together with the crab meat and parsley in a large bowl with the olive oil and some seasoning. Gently toss together with your fingers, then cover and set aside.
- For the dressing, put the egg yolk, honey, Dijon mustard and cider vinegar in a blender or small food processor and season very lightly. With the motor running, very slowly drizzle the olive oil through the funnel, then briefly mix in the double cream.
- Divide the salad between serving plates, drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately with extra finely chopped parsley to garnish.
MARY BERRY CRAB AND FENNEL BLINIS RECIPE | BBC2 SIMPLE ...
Cuisine BritishCategory Lunch, StarterServings 4
CRISPY CRAB CAKES WITH APPLE & FENNEL SALAD - RECIPES
Servings 4Calories 240 per servingTotal Time 26 mins
CRAB LOUIE SALAD WITH KING CRAB - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CRAB FENNEL SALAD RECIPE
CRAB AND BLOOD ORANGE SALAD RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CRAB AND FENNEL SALAD RECIPES
10+ FENNEL SALAD RECIPES WITH LOTS OF FLAVOR | ALLRECIPES
CRAB AND FENNEL - COOKEATSHARE
CRAB SALAD, FENNEL RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
You'll also love