A proper quiche (also known as a tarte salée, or savory open pie) should have really good pastry and contain a soft, tender eggy custard. It should be light enough to serve as a first course, or in larger portions for a simple main course. It should be something to sing about. This is a rosy bisque-like shellfish quiche with a handful of crab meat (use shrimp or lobster if you like).
Provided by David Tanis
Categories breakfast, dinner, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bake prepared dough at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Patch any small holes with leftover dough. Cool.
- Set red pepper in the flames of a stovetop gas burner turned to high. Turn with tongs until skin is blackened, 5 to 7 minutes, then cool. Peel, remove seeds and veins, and slice into 1/4-inch strips.
- Make the custard: in mixing bowl, beat eggs, mustard, salt, black pepper, paprika and cayenne. Whisk in cream and herbs. Set aside.
- Set tart pan on a baking sheet. Spread crab meat evenly over bottom of pastry. Arrange red pepper strips over crab meat. Beat custard once more and carefully pour into tart shell. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, until top is golden and custard is set. Cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake the pie crust for about 10 minutes, until just starting to brown. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Stir in shredded cheese, onion and imitation crab. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn off the oven, but leave the door closed. Leave quiche in the oven for an additional 20 to 30 minutes until firm. This will give it a smoother texture.
CRAB AND BACON QUICHE
Load a gorgeous custard with fontina cheese, bacon and crabmeat for a delectable quiche.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Par-bake the crust according to package directions. Let cool slightly before adding the filling.
- Combine the fontina, crabmeat and bacon in a medium bowl and sprinkle the mixture into the crust in an even layer.
- Whisk together the heavy cream, eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in the parsley.
- Pour the custard over the filling. Adjust the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake until set, 35 to 50 minutes. Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving warm or at room temperature.
CRUSTLESS CRAB QUICHE
This is a lowfat, delicious quiche! I am always asked for this recipe (I serve often at brunches). Can be made ahead & baked next day, and/or frozen. Leftovers are wonderful when warmed in microwave and placed on toasted english muffin. My 2 year-old loves it too. NOTE: Do not use real crab meat; it will not come out the same.
Provided by its_me_susan
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 1 quiche, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (375 degrees for glass plate).
- Spray a 9" pie plate with non-stick spray.
- Combine chopped crab, onion and cheese.
- Press into pie plate.
- Beat together remaining ingredients except paprika and pour over the crab.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 30 minutes.
CRAB QUICHE II
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mayonnaise and cornstarch. Stir in the cheese, imitation crabmeat and pepper. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool slightly and serve.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge.Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Immediately sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust., Reduce heat to 375°. In a skillet, saute red pepper and onions in butter until tender. , In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the crab, red pepper mixture and remaining cheese. Pour into crust., Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
WINNING CRAB QUICHE
Crabmeat is very plentiful here in Maryland, and this dish is one of my favorite ways to eat it. My sister-in-law Darlene gave me this recipe, and that simple gesture helped make me feel part of the family.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, flour, eggs and milk. Stir in the crab, onion, parsley and cheese. Spoon into the pastry shell. , Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
BRUNCH CRAB QUICHE
From Gourmet magazine September 2004. I used store bought pastry instead of making from scratch. The recipe is for the filling only.
Provided by agoodcookie
Yield 1 quiche`, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, herbs, salt, pepper and nutmeg, then stir in cheeses and crabmeat.
- Pour into crust and bake until filling puffs and is no longer wobbly in the center when quiche is gently shaken, 40-50 minutes.
- Cool in pie plate on rack for 15 minutes.
- *My quiche filling ran over a bit, so I suggest putting it on a sheet pan covered with foil to avoid dirtying your oven.
- Make pastry:
- Blend together flour, butter, shortening, and salt in a bowl with your fingertips or a pastry blender (or pulse in a food processor) just until most of mixture resembles coarse meal with some roughly pea-size butter lumps. Drizzle evenly with 3 tablespoons ice water and gently stir with a fork (or pulse in processor) until incorporated.
- Squeeze a small handful: If it doesn't hold together, add more ice water, 1/2 tablespoon at a time, stirring (or pulsing) until just incorporated, then test again. (Do not overwork mixture, or pastry will be tough.)
- Turn out mixture onto a work surface and divide into 4 portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once or twice in a forward motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough together with scraper and press into a ball, then flatten into a 4-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Roll out dough into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin and fit into pie plate. Trim excess dough, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang, then fold overhang under pastry and press against rim of pie plate to reinforce edge. Decoratively crimp edge and lightly prick bottom and side of shell with a fork. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line shell with foil and fill with pie weights. Bake until pastry is pale golden along rim and set underneath foil, about 20 minutes. Carefully remove foil and weights and bake shell until bottom and side are pale golden, about 10 minutes more. Cool completely in pie plate on a rack, about 20 minutes.
- Make filling:
- If using crab leg, hack through shell with a large heavy knife and cut meat into 1/2-inch pieces. Discard shell.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, herbs, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, then stir in cheeses and crabmeat.
- Pour into prebaked crust and bake until filling puffs and is no longer wobbly in center when quiche is gently shaken, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool in pie plate on rack 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the bottom of the pie crust. Top with the crab meat and sprinkle with the scallions. Whisk together the heavy cream, lemon zest, mustard, seafood seasoning, salt, mace and eggs in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake until the custard sets, about 40 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
People also searched
More about "crab quiche recipe top rated"
PERFECT QUICHE RECIPE (ANY FLAVOR!) | SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
2019-04-18 · Heavy Cream and Milk – For the best tasting quiche, use a combination of whole milk and heavy cream. (Or simply use half-and-half.) Using just heavy cream produces an overly thick filling. Whole milk is great, but a combo of heavy cream and milk is better. Eggs – Use 4 eggs per 1 cup of milk. Some quiche recipes …
- I like to make sure my pie dough is prepared before I begin the quiche. Make pie dough the night before because it needs to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before rolling out and blind baking (next step).
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Partially blind bake your pie crust. Follow blind baking instructions through step 9 in your 9-inch pie dish. Step 4 is optional, though that step guarantees thick pie crust edges. Crust can still be warm when you pour in the filling. (You can partially pre-bake the crust up to 3 days ahead of time. Cover cooled crust tightly and refrigerate until ready to fill.)
- In a large bowl with a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs, whole milk, heavy cream, salt, and pepper together on high speed until completely combined, about 1 minute. Whisk in add-ins.
STONE CRAB AND SCALLOP QUICHE – FISHMONGER APPROVED
Directions. 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 2. In a mortar and pestle add thyme, oregano, Fenugreek seeds, paprika, black pepper, and sea salt. Well crush all …
CRAB QUICHE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
2010-04-24 · Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Press the pastry shell into a 10-inch quiche pan. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients in the order given. Pour mixture …
THE BEST QUICHE EVER! | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
2009-09-18 · The Best Quiche Ever! by sprucehill on September 18, 2009 in Breakfast, Eggs. See post on sprucehill’s site! 5.00 Mitt(s) 18 Rating(s) Prep: 15 mins. Cook: 45 …
10 BEST CRAB QUICHE WITH SWISS CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ice water, heavy cream, unsalted butter, seafood seasoning, finely chopped fresh parsley and 12 more Crustless Crab Quiche Slow Cooker Central crab meat, garlic powder, chives, cream, cooking oil, pepper and 3 more Crab Quiche With Cheese The Spruce
See details »
EASY CRAB QUICHE | THE BLOND COOK
2018-12-05 · In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, Old Bay and parsley. Add shredded cheese, cooked onion, bell pepper and crab meat.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Form pie shell in pie dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and bell pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat.
CRAB QUICHE - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
2018-03-28 · Preheat oven to 375F. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, herbs, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in cheese and crabmeat. Pour filling into pie crust (you …
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, herbs, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in cheese and crabmeat.
- Pour filling into pie crust (you may have a tiny bit that won't fit). Use a fork to gently distribute the crab and herbs evenly in the pan. Lay several whole chives across the top. Bake until filling puffs and is no longer wobbly in center when quiche is gently shaken, about 40-45 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
CRAB QUICHE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
- Put the flour and butter into a food processor and whiz until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. In a small bowl, stir together the egg yolk and 2½tbsp ice-cold water.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6. Lightly flour a work surface and roll the pastry out; use to line a 25cm (10in) loose-bottomed fluted tart tin.
- Meanwhile, in a large jug mix together the eggs, cream, some seasoning and most of the chilli and chives. Next, drain the crab, tip on to kitchen paper and pat dry.
- Remove pastry from the fridge and cover with a large sheet of greaseproof paper. Fill (on top of the greaseproof) with baking beans, then put tin on a baking sheet.
- Lower the oven temperature to 180°C (160°C fan) mark 4. Scatter most of the crab into the pastry case, then pour over the egg mixture. Scatter over remaining chilli, chives and crab.
EASY SHRIMP AND CRAB QUICHE - STAY SNATCHED
2021-04-25 · Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pie crust and set aside. Combine eggs, cream, and almond milk in a large bowl. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and add in olive oil, red peppers, …
- Unroll the crust into a 9 inch pie plate. Cover the pie crust with parchment paper and load pie weights or dry beans over the paper and pie plate. This will anchor the crust as it bakes.
CRAB QUICHE WITH CHEESE RECIPE - MAKE YOUR BEST MEAL
Preheat the oven to 425 F and position the rack in the center of the oven. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the chilled, prepared pie dough to fit a 9-inch pie plate. Line the pie plate with the dough, press around the edges, and cut off the overhang. Line the dough with parchment paper or foil.
CRUSTLESS CRAB QUICHE (2 WAYS) - BELLY FULL
2019-04-24 · Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, mayonnaise, milk, flour, salt, and sriracha. Stir in the cheese, crab, and scallions. Pour mixture into prepared pie plate (and use a fork to distribute the contents, so you get the goodies in every bite!)
CRAB QUICHE | JENNIFER COOKS
2020-01-06 · Top with the crab meat and sprinkle with the scallions. Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, flour, lemon zest, dry mustard, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and Tabasco hot sauce in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust. Bake at …
CRAB AND SPINACH QUICHE - SUNNYSIDE COOK
2019-03-05 · This crab and spinach quiche is perfect Mardi Gras fare. It elevates a baked egg pie into a special treat with its use of a colorful version of the Cajun trinity, fresh spinach, and lump crabmeat. Louisiana Inspiration. My mother first encouraged me to try this recipe, which she had found in Chef John Folse’s book Can You Dig It. Folse is a mainstay of the cooking scene in Louisiana, heading ...
THE BEST QUICHE RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
A quiche is a tart made with pie crust and a creamy, savory custard filling. The simplest version calls for eggs, heavy cream, whole milk, salt, and pepper, but quiche often stars cheese (we're fans of cooking with sharp Swiss and cheddar cheese), meat, and all kinds of vegetables.If you're looking for a recipe that is delicious for brunch or dinner, look no further than these quiche recipes.
See details »
IMITATION CRAB QUICHE - CRAB, CHEESE BRUNCH RECIPE ...
However, this is my best recipe for imitation crab quiche. Celery gives a subtle freshness and crunch, the eggs and cheese with seasonings create a fantastic quiche you will crave. Snowbird meals tend to be much simpler, using fewer ingredients and a very limited selection of appliances and gadgets to prepare them. Choose the freshest, highest quality ingredients and find alternate ways to ...
See details »
CRAB QUICHE RECIPE - HOW TO COOK CRAB QUICHE - YOUTUBE
How To Cook Crab Quichehttp://www.cooking1on1.com/ for Detailed Recipe on how to Make Crab Quiche.Crab Quiche, how to make Crab Quiche, Crab Quiche Video, Cr...
See details »
CRAB QUICHE RECIPE - THE BEST OLD BAY BLUE CRAB QUICHE ...
Crab Quiche, it just doesn't get any richer or better than this! I'm making a rich and delicious Chesapeake Bay Jumbo Lump Crab Meat Quiche! The best thing ...
See details »
FRESH CRAB QUICHE WITH GRUYERE CHEESE RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the bottom of the pie crust. Top with the crab meat and sprinkle with the scallions. Whisk together the heavy cream, lemon zest, mustard, seafood seasoning, salt, mace and eggs in a bowl.
See details »