CRANBERRY CORNMEAL LINZER COOKIES
Having lived in Wisconsin all my life, I have come to love the different products produced here. This recipe combines two Wisconsin favorites: cranberries and cornmeal. These deliciously different cookies with their tangy cranberry filling are hard to resist!
Provided by larkspur
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Beat 3/4 cup butter and and white sugar together in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat egg into butter mixture.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir. Beat vanilla into butter mixture. Form dough into a ball, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thick. Cut dough with a round or Linzer cookie cutter. Use a smaller cutter to cut the center from the tops. Place cookie bottoms and tops 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Stir cranberries, brown sugar, and water together in a saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until cranberries are soft, about 10 minutes. Stir butter and lemon juice into cranberry mixture; remove from heat and cool.
- Spread a small amount of the cranberry mixture onto one side of the bottom half of a cookie. Place the top half of the cookie on top of the cranberry mixture. Repeat assembly process with remaining cookies and cranberry filling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 78.7 calories, Carbohydrate 10.4 g, Cholesterol 14.2 mg, Fat 3.9 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 61.5 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
OATMEAL CRANBERRY COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients. Add to butter mixture and stir until well blended. Add dried cranberries. Drop by teaspoonful onto parchment covered baking sheet. Bake about 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool.
CRANBERRY CORNMEAL CAKE
- Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and orange zest. Measure 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture into a small bowl. Add the chopped cranberries and toss until coated. Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the egg yolks and whole eggs, 1 at a time. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Using a spatula, gently fold in the cranberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake until the cake is golden brown, and a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut the cake into wedges, arrange on a serving platter and serve with the Caramel Walnut Sauce. (The cake can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight in a plastic container.)
CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Blend butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. In a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda, and salt together. Stir into butter mixture. Stir in the oats. Fold in nuts and cranberries. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheets, spaced at least 2 inches apart. These cookies spread.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are crisp and the centers appear dry. Cool on wire racks and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141.3 calories, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 28.2 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 121.2 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
CORNMEAL CRANBERRY DROP SCONES
If you've got a crowd coming for Thanksgiving, make some of these for breakfast or for afternoon tea. You can whip them up quickly.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories brunch, quick, appetizer
Yield 20 3-inch scones
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Sift together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Dump any bran remaining in the strainer into the bowl. Place in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add the butter and lemon zest and pulse until you have a coarse, even mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and the buttermilk. Turn on the food processor and add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. As soon as the dough comes together, turn off the machine. Add the cranberries and pulse just a few times to distribute through the dough. Don't pulse too many times or the cranberries will be chopped.
- Drop the batter by heaped tablespoons onto the parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving an inch or more of space between each one. Bake one baking sheet at a time in the middle of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, reversing the baking sheet front to back halfway through, until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 112, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 90 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SHIRA'S CRANBERRY THUMBPRINTS
Orange-scented cranberries -- usually a seasonal relish -- get a spot on the dessert table in these two-bite cookies. The crunchy yellow cornmeal crust, brightened with orange zest, is a fitting match. Says Shira Bocar, "With the tart fruit, it makes a tasty little holiday package."
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the cookies: Whisk together flour, cornmeal, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and 1/4 cup sugar with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add orange zest and egg yolk, and mix well. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Lightly whisk egg white. Scoop 2 teaspoons dough, and roll into a ball. Dip into egg white, and roll in remaining 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar. Repeat with remaining dough; transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart, as you work. Gently press center of each ball with your thumb. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until pale golden, 15 to 17 minutes. Gently indent each cookie again using the handle end of a wooden spoon. Transfer sheets to wire racks, and let cool. (Cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 week.)
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Bring cranberries, water, sugar, and orange zest to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, gently mashing cranberries, until thick and jamlike, 5 to 6 minutes. (If mixture is too thick, add a little water to thin.) Transfer to a bowl, and let cool completely. (Filling can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.)
- Spoon a small amount of filling into each cookie indentation.
CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
Dotted with cranberries, orange zest and vanilla chips, these cookies are so colorful and fun to eat. They look lovely on a dessert tray and would be a great addition to your Christmas cookie lineup. -Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the oats, raisins, cranberries and orange zest. Stir in baking chips. , Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° until the edges are lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 50mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
- Mix softened BUTTER and sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the cornmeal, Baking Powder, salt and flour.
- Add to the creamed mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven about 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
Cornmeal gives these not-too-sweet cookies a crumbly texture and golden color. Keep an extra log in the freezer -- you can slice off and bake as many cookies as you want. This recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 32
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla, egg, and orange zest. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; beat until just combined. Stir in cherries.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface; pat into a log, 8 inches long and 2 inches wide. Wrap dough in parchment; form it into a rectangle by flattening the top and sides with your hands. Twist ends of parchment to seal. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Slice dough 1/4 inch thick, rotating log 1/4 turn after each slice. Place 1/2 inch apart on baking sheets. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are firm to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
CRANBERRY CORNMEAL COOKIES
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar and butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; beat at low speed until well mixed. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls; roll in sugar. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets; flatten slightly with hand. Bake 9-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80 calories, Fat 3.5 grams, SaturatedFat grams, Transfat grams, Cholesterol 15 milligrams, Sodium 60 milligrams, Carbohydrate 11 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Sugar grams, Protein 1 grams
CORNMEAL CRANBERRY COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy and beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and vanilla and stir until combined well. Stir in cranberries.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets and bake cookies in batches in middle of oven 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden. Transfer cookies with a spatula to racks to cool. Cookies keep in airtight containers 5 days.
The smell of these fresh-baked muffins, filled with tart-sweet cranberries, will get everyone running to breakfast.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12 regular-size muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons flour mixture and the cranberries; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat egg with wire whisk until blended. Beat in milk and oil.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be thin). Stir in cranberries and pecans. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute; remove from pan to cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Muffin, Sodium 125 mg, Sugar 13 g, TransFat 0 g
SWEET CORNMEAL CRANBERRY SCONES
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Adjust rack to upper third of the oven.
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar in a food processor, and process to blend. Add the butter and pulse until you have a uniformly crumbly mixture. Transfer it to a bowl. Lightly toss in the dried cranberries.
- Lightly stir in the egg and buttermilk, using a fork or your fingertips. The ingredients should be moistened just enough so they come together to form a ball of soft dough.
- Pat the dough on a lightly floured board to a thickness of half an inch. Cut it in two-and-a-half-inch rounds. Gently re-form any scraps and cut a few additional rounds.
- Put rounds on foil-covered baking sheets and bake until the biscuits are beginning to brown on top, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, allow to cool briefly, then serve, or cool completely and warm just before serving. If desired, serve with good preserves and creme fraiche.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 137, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 111 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CRANBERRY CORNMEAL COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs, corn syrup and vanilla, beating until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low until well mixed.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Shape rounded teaspoons into balls and roll in sugar.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets, flattening slightly.
- Bake 9 to 13 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 74.6, Fat 3.5, SaturatedFat 2.1, Cholesterol 13.8, Sodium 48.5, Carbohydrate 10.3, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 5.2, Protein 0.8
More about "cranberry cornmeal cookies recipes"
CRANBERRY CORNMEAL COOKIES - SAVORY MOMENTS
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CRANBERRY CORNMEAL COOKIES - STEVIVA BRANDS SWEETENERS
CRANBERRY-CORNMEAL BISCUITS - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
LEMON-CRANBERRY CORNMEAL COOKIES - SAFEWAY
CRANBERRY CORNMEAL COOKIES RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
CORNMEAL CRANBERRY COOKIES | BAKING OBSESSION
LEMON-CRANBERRY CORNMEAL COOKIES - SOBEYS INC.
CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CRANBERRY-CORNMEAL QUICK BREAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CORNMEAL-CRANBERRY COOKIES - ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH
CRANBERRY-CORNMEAL MUFFINS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CORNMEAL CRANBERRY COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CRANBERRY CORNMEAL COOKIES | RECIPE | CORNMEAL COOKIES, …
CRANBERRY CORNMEAL LINZER COOKIES POPULAR RECIPES
ITALIAN CORNMEAL COOKIES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
COOKIE JAR: CRANBERRY LIME CORNMEAL COOKIES - SHERI SILVER
LEMON-CRANBERRY CORNMEAL COOKIES - SAFEWAY | RECIPE | CORNMEAL …
CORNMEAL CRANBERRY COOKIES - TWO JADE BOWLS
LEMON-CRANBERRY CORNMEAL COOKIES | FOODLAND
CRANBERRY CORNMEAL COOKIES BLUERIBBON RECIPE|BLUERIBBON …
CORNMEAL CRANBERRY COOKIES - BIGOVEN.COM
CORNMEAL CRANBERRY COOKIES RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
CORNMEAL CRANBERRY COOKIES - MISS CHINESE FOOD
CRANBERRY CORNMEAL LINZER COOKIES | ALLRECIPES
CRANBERRY CITRUS CORNMEAL COOKIES - BAKING BITES
CRANBERRY-CORNMEAL QUICK BREAD RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
55 YUMMY CRANBERRY COOKIES | TASTE OF HOME
You'll also love