- In a mixing bowl, combine the cranberries, orange juice, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, cumin and salt.
- Stir together and chill 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 20 calories, Carbohydrate 5.3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 49.2 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
JALAPENO CRANBERRY SAUCE
- In a medium saucepan, put the sugar, ginger, jalapenos, orange zest and orange juice. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add the cranberries and set over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Add water if the mixture appears too dry. Add in the lemon zest and juice and season with salt or a bit more sugar. Let cool completely and serve.
- Place half of the orange segments, the zest, and the jalapenos in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the sugar and pulse 3 to 4 more times. Add the cranberries and continue to pulse until berries are roughly chopped. Adjust seasonings with sugar, if needed. Transfer cranberry mixture to a bowl and toss with the remaining half of chopped orange segments and the mint. Allow relish to chill for at least 30 minutes, and up to 2 days. Serve relish chilled or at room temperature.
- Grate the zest from the orange and set aside. Remove the white pith and seeds and cut the orange into sections.
- Place the zest, orange sections, cranberries, ginger, cilantro and jalapeno in a food processor. Pulse just until cranberries are coarsely chopped. Stir in maple syrup. Cover and let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 24, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 1 milligram, Sugar 4 grams
JALAPENO CRANBERRY SAUCE
- Rinse berries in cold water; drain.
- In a saucepan, mix water and sugar; stir to dissolve sugar. Bring to boil. Add cranberries, Jalapeno peppers, and lemon juice, and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sherry and stir well. Remove from heat and let cool completely at room temperature.
- Refrigerate in a glass container with cover. Serve with turkey or chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 66.1 calories, Carbohydrate 16.4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 45.3 mg, Sugar 13.5 g
- Place cranberries in food processor and pulse to chop coarsely, about 5 pulses. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add onion, jalapeno, lime juice, orange sections and juice, ginger, sugar, and celery; mix gently. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Just before serving, add mint and pecans and toss to combine.
JALAPENO CRANBERRY RELISH
This is a great recipe I found in the San Antonio Express News. So far we've tried it with turkey and fish, and it was great! I also think it would go nicely with beef or pork. Very simple and quick to make. I'm thinking about adding a little orange zest next time. Cooking time is actually refrigeration time.
Provided by texasgal
Categories Low Protein
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Remove seed and stems from jalapenos.
- Chop jalapenos and cranberries finely.
- Add sugar.
- Refrigerate for 2 days before using. NOTE: The first time I made this, I only refrigerated it for 1 day and it was really good. However, it was even better after 2 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 342.4, Fat 0.3, Sodium 2.2, Carbohydrate 88.2, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 79.7, Protein 0.8
SPICY RED PEPPER CRANBERRY RELISH
A kicky condiment, usually made with cranberries, can offset the neutral (read: bland) yet rich nature of the Thanksgiving meal. This hot red-pepper cranberry relish with jalapeños and cayenne fits the bill. You can keep the seasoning somewhat tame, or ramp up the heat to taste. It will keep for 2 weeks or so; make it in advance, as soon as cranberries are available, and have it on hand in the fridge through the holiday season.
Provided by David Tanis
Yield About 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put sugar, jalapeños, lemon juice, salt and cayenne in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup water, then stir with a wooden spoon to dissolve sugar, and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and cranberries, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let mixture cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have softened and no liquid remains in pan, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool and taste. Add more cayenne or jalapeños if desired. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 237, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 62 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 293 milligrams, Sugar 54 grams
Taken from the Backwoods Home magazine. I recently made this as per directions. However, after using it I decided to cook it and add a tad more sugar, we liked it better this way. So, I have added the sugar amount to include the addition of more sugar. I would also encourage anyone who makes this to use a lime that does not have alot of pith. I used a regular lime this time, but would use a key lime next time. All in all I would make this again, however, it does not replace plain ol jellied cranberry sauce according to my daughter.
Provided by Shirl
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Wash cranberries, lime and jalapenos.
- Deseed and remove pith of the lime.
- Grind the cranberries, lime, and jalapenos, I used a food processor.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least three hours so flavors can meld.
- Or as we liked it simmered for 1/2 an hour or so (until desired thickness) and cooled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129, Fat 0.2, Sodium 2.5, Carbohydrate 33.8, Fiber 5.6, Sugar 23.6, Protein 0.6
JALAPENO CRANBERRY SAUCE
Pantry ingredients make this sensational sauce a year-round favorite. Another time, slather the feisty sauce warm on roast pork or grilled chicken.-Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-2/3 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 86 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 11mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 0 protein.
More about "cranberry jalapeno relish recipes"
CRANBERRY JALAPENO RELISH
Servings 8Total Time 20 mins
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add cranberries. Return to a boil; cook 10 minutes without stirring. Pour into a bowl and let cool.
- Dice the jalapeño peppers and green onions, then add the remaining ingredients and mix lightly. Refrigerate. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
JALAPENO-CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsCategory Thanksgiving Cranberry Sauce RecipesCalories 85 per serving
SWEET & SPICY CRANBERRY JALAPEñO RELISH RECIPE - PAULA …
Servings 5Total Time 5 mins
SMOKY JALAPEñO AND LIME CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
JALAPEñO CRANBERRY RELISH WITH TOASTED WALNUTS RECIPE - CUISINART
JALAPENO CRANBERRY SAUCE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
CRANBERRY-JALAPEñO CREAM CHEESE DIP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRANBERRY JALAPEñO RELISH - PEPPERSCALE
CRANBERRY JALAPENO RELISH - PEPPER BOWL
TEXAS CRANBERRY-JALAPENO RELISH RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CRANBERRY JALAPENO RELISH RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
15-MINUTE CRANBERRY JALAPENO RELISH - KITCHEN CENTS
CRANBERRY-JALAPENO RELISH - JAMIE GELLER
CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE PIONEER WOMAN : VIEW COOKING VIDEOS
JALAPENO CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPE
TEXAS CRANBERRY-JALAPENO RELISH RECIPE
CRANBERRY JALAPENO RELISH | MASSACHUSETTS CRANBERRIES
THE BEST JALAPENO CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE | MONTANA HAPPY
CRANBERRY JALAPENO CREAM CHEESE DIP - SWEET BEGINNINGS BLOG
CRANBERRY RASPBERRY JALAPENO RELISH FOR A ZESTY THANKSGIVING
ORANGE CRANBERRY JALAPEñO RELISH - CONFESSIONS OF A GROCERY ADDICT
CRANBERRY RELISH WITH JALAPENO : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SWEET AND SPICY CRANBERRY JALAPENO DIP - LYNN'S WAY OF LIFE
CRANBERRY-JALAPENO CREAM CHEESE DIP | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
CRANBERRY JALAPENO DIP - THE KITCHEN PREP BLOG
CRANBERRY-JALAPENO RELISH RECIPE - COMMONGROUND NEBRASKA
CRANBERRY JALAPEñO SALSA - PEPPERSCALE
GRILLED BRIE WITH CRANBERRY JALAPENO RELISH - HEY GRILL, HEY
SPICY JALAPENO CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - BOULDER LOCAVORE®
SPICY SWEET CRANBERRY JALAPEñO DIP WITH CREAM CHEESE
JALAPEñO CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CRANBERRY-JALAPENO RELISH - CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPES
RECIPE FOR CRANBERRY JALAPENO SAUCE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CRANBERRY JALAPEñO RELISH CROSTINI - DON'T FETA 'BOUT IT
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #jellies #condiments-etc #fruit #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #berries #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love