HOLIDAY CRANBERRY JAM
This cranberry jam is one I make at Christmas for family and friends. I especially like serving it for brunch, along with muffins or toast and fruit. -Sandee Berg, Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 half-pints.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a food processor, coarsely process cranberries and orange sections. Place in a Dutch oven with strawberries and sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. , Remove from the heat and stir in the pectin. Skim off the foam. Carefully ladle into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Nutrition Facts :
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes (jam will continue to thicken as it cools).
- Force jam through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, discarding skins and seeds. Cool, stirring occasionally.
SPICED CRANBERRY JAM
I needed to fill some holiday cookies with jam and since raspberries and apricots weren't in season, I opted to use cranberries. This jam is lightly sweetened, fragrant, and has a beautiful color that complemented the cookies perfectly!
Provided by LauraF
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine cranberries, white sugar, turbinado sugar, water, orange zest, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, and pepper in a large pot over medium heat. Simmer, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and cranberries pop, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Blend cranberry jam into desired consistency using an immersion blender.
- Pour jam into a glass pint jar; cool until thickened and set, about 1 hour. Seal jar and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70.3 calories, Carbohydrate 18.2 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 3.1 mg, Sugar 16.1 g
CRANBERRY ORANGE JAM
Provided by Food Network
Yield approx. 1 quart
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Zest the orange, then supreme the sections (remove the fruit from the white pith completely). Place the orange zest and sections into a food processor and process 3-4 seconds, it should remain chunky. Place the cranberry mixture, sugar and water in a saucepan. Cover the saucepan and cook on medium-low, stirring every couple minutes, for 15 minutes. Pour into *sterilized canning jars and seal as directed. Label the jars and tie ribbons around them for gift giving.
- *Follow the directions on your canning jars for sterilization.
HIGHBUSH CRANBERRY JAM
Although not true cranberries, highbush cranberries also have tart red fruits that can be used in cooking. This is a lovely spread with mouthwatering tangy flavor.-Evelyn Gebhardt, Kasilof, Alaska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3-4 half-pints.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large covered kettle, simmer cranberries and water for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Press berries through a strainer; discard skins. Strain mixture through a double layer of cheesecloth (juice will drip through; discard or set aside for another use). Measure 6 cups of the pulp that remains in the cheesecloth and place in the kettle. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour into freezer containers. Cool. Refrigerate or freeze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 0 protein.
IN A CRANBERRY JAM
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Combine all the ingredients into a small, non-reactive saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce by two-thirds or until the mixture has thickened to the consistency of a loose jam. Remember to keep the heat low to prevent the jam from burning.
CERTO® CRANBERRY JAM
Fresh cranberries, sugar and fruit pectin are cooked briefly, then processed in a canner for scrumptious homemade jam.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes about 10 (1-cup) jars or 160 servings, 1 Tbsp. each.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Bring boiling-water canner, half full with water, to simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain jars well before filling.
- Place cranberries and water in large saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 min. Press through a sieve, if desired. Measure exactly 7-1/2 cups prepared fruit into 6- or 8-qt. saucepot.
- Stir sugar into prepared fruit in saucepot. Add butter to reduce foaming. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 min., stirring constantly. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle quickly into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with two-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cover; bring water to gentle boil. Process 10 min. Remove jars and place upright on a towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middles of lids with finger. (If lids spring back, lids are not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 30, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 0 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 7 g, Protein 0 g
More about "cranberry jam recipes"
CRANBERRY ORANGE JAM (MARMALADE) - PERFECT FOR …
4.4/5 (16)Total Time 55 minsCategory Breakfast, Brunch, SpreadsCalories 471 per serving
- Wash the oranges and using a fruit peeler, peel off the outer most layer of the oranges. Try to peel just the outer orange layer, leaving the white pith behind. Slice the peel into thin strips, no longer than 1-inch long. It's okay if you have smaller strips. Place the strips in a maslin pan.
- Peel the white pith from the oranges and discard. Cut the oranges in half. Remove any seeds. Squeeze the juice from the orange halves into the maslin pan. Tie the squeezed orange halves into a muslin cloth and place in the maslin pan.
- Add the water into the maslin pan. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes, occasionally prodding the muslin bag and stirring the orange peel strips, until the orange peel strips have softened. You'll keep the muslin bag cooking in the jam pot until the end.
- Wash the cranberries and add them into the pan. Add in the apple juice. Bring the pan to a boil again, and cook for about 10 minutes, until all the cranberries have popped and have broken apart. If any cranberries remain whole, use a spatula and lightly press the cranberry against the side of the pot until it "pops".
EASY CRANBERRY JAM RECIPE | SMALL BATCH | ONE DISH …
4.8/5 (6)Total Time 25 minsCategory Breakfast/Snack, SauceCalories 36 per serving
- Place all of the ingredients in a 1-quart saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce heat to a simmer; stirring occasionally, continue cooking until the cranberries are tender and pop open, about 10 minutes.
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY JAM - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
4/5 (29)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 135 per serving
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with a lid, and simmer, stirring frequently, for about an hour. Keep covered while simmering, leaving only a little crack for the steam to escape. Stir from time to time.
- Let cool completely and transfer to a medium jar. Once completely cooled, close with a lid tight and refrigerate.
10 MINUTE CRANBERRY JAM | AMY'S HEALTHY BAKING
10 BEST CRANBERRY JAM WITH PECTIN RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRANBERRY JAM | OCEAN SPRAY®
CRANBERRY BLUEBERRY JAM – FOOD IN JARS
FRESH CRANBERRY JAM - THIS SILLY GIRL'S KITCHEN
5/5 (8)Total Time 14 minsCategory CondimentCalories 53 per serving
- Place all ingredients into a large sauce pot. Cook over medium high heat until cranberries pop and become softened, 7-9 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Take off of heat and using an immersion blender (or regular blender) blend cranberries until smooth. Return to heat over medium low heat and let thicken about another 3-5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Jam is ready when it coats the back of a spoon and isn't runny. Let cool slightly and pour into desired containers. Serve immediately or store sealed in the fridge, enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY JAM WITH FREE PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD ...
Reviews 17Category CondimentCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Put a hot water bath canner on the burner and fill with enough water to cover jelly jars, with an extra inch of water over the top of jars. Turn the burner on high and cover with the lid.
- While you wait for the water bath to come to a boil, prepare your cranberries. Wash, sort, and coarsely chop the berries.
CRANBERRY JAM - EASY 10 MINUTE RECIPE WITH STEP-BY-STEP ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 12 minsCategory CondimentsCalories 95 per serving
- Crush the cranberries in a food processor until you have cranberry mush (if they are frozen, it will be more like cranberry powder).
- Bring the cranberries, sugar, and butter to a full rolling boil in a medium-sized heavy-bottom saucepan on high heat, stirring periodically.
CRANBERRY ORANGE JAM RECIPE - FARMERSGIRL KITCHEN
4.6/5 (8)Total Time 15 minsCategory PreservesCalories 657 per serving
CRANBERRY APPLE JAM RECIPE FOR CANNING - LADY LEE'S HOME
Reviews 2Calories 19 per servingCategory Water Bath Canning
- Add cranberries to the food processor one bag at a time. Process for a couple of minutes and add to the pot.
- Add apples to the food processor and process for a couple of minutes. Add to the pot with the cranberries.
STRAWBERRY CRANBERRY JAM [CHRISTMAS JAM] - THE COOKING BRIDE
5/5 (2)Category Sauces And SeasoningsCuisine AmericanCalories 56 per serving
- Pulse the strawberries and cranberries in a blender or food processor until chunky. Place the crushed berries in a 6 or 8-quart saucepan.
HOT PEPPER CRANBERRY JAM | RECIPE | CRANBERRY JAM, STUFFED ...
HIGHBUSH CRANBERRY JAM RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
5/5 (1)Calories 80 per servingServings 24
25 DRIED CRANBERRY RECIPES YOU'LL CRAVE ALL SEASON ...
Author Mary Claire LagroueEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
SPICED CRANBERRY JAM – FOOD IN JARS
Servings 5Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CRANBERRY JAM - MUSKOKA LAKES FARM & WINERY
Estimated Reading Time 30 secs
CRANBERRY RASPBERRY JAM – STAHLBUSH ISLAND FARMS
FAVORITE RECIPES TO MAKE WITH FRESH CRANBERRIES | ALLRECIPES
CRANBERRY JAM RECIPES | RECIPES FOR COOKING, BAKING, GRILLING
10 BEST CRANBERRY JAM WITHOUT PECTIN RECIPES | YUMMLY
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #jams-and-preserves #canning #condiments-etc #fruit #american #easy #holiday-event #low-fat #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #christmas #thanksgiving #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-in-something #tropical-fruit #pineapple #equipment #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Do you have to use fresh cranberries for cranberry jam?This cranberry jam recipe is a small batch recipe. You will only need about a cup of fresh cranberries, which makes it an ideal recipe to use if you have cranberries left over from another recipe. Rinse the cranberries under cool running water and drain in a colander. Sort through the cranberries and pick out any that are mushy or green.
What are the ingredients in cranberry apple jam?To make this jam, we only use four ingredients: fresh cranberries, apples, water (or apple juice), and sugar. Fresh cranberries – I use bags of OceanSpray fresh cranberries, each bag has 12 oz of fresh cranberries.
How do you make Jalapeno Jam from cranberries?If you are preserving, sterilize your jars by submerging them under boiling water for 5 minutes. In a food processor, add the cranberries and vinegar. Pulse blend the cranberries until they coarsely smooth. In a large pot over medium heat, combine the cranberry mix, jalapeño pepper, and pectin. Cook the mix to simmer for 10 minutes.
Why do you remove sugar from cranberry jam?By removing some of the sugar in the recipe, you are removing one of the elements that help preserve the fruit. Sugar also helps jam set, but there should be sufficient pectin from the cranberries and oranges for this holiday cranberry jam to set. How long will this Cranberry and Orange Jam last?