CRANBERRY ORANGE CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as Bundt®) with baking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, oil, eggs, orange juice, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl using an electric mixer until thoroughly incorporated. Stir in cranberries and orange zest. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and turn cake out onto a cooling rack; let cool for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430.5 calories, Carbohydrate 60.3 g, Cholesterol 62 mg, Fat 19.9 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 242.6 mg, Sugar 36.5 g
CRANBERRY ORANGE CAKE
My cranberry orange cake is a celebration of bright seasonal flavors that's easy to make, moist, and so festive. It's great for gifting, snacking, and holiday mornings.
Provided by Sue Moran
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly spray a 9x9 inch baking pan. I like to line mine with a 2 sheets of parchment paper with long ends, so I can lift it out later for easy slicing.
- First make the orange sugar. Put the sugar and orange zest in a food processor and process until the zest is completely incorporated. The sugar will be pale orange and moist.
- Cream the orange sugar and butter together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. I use my stand mixer, but you can use electric beaters if you like.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, followed by the baking powder and salt, and keep scraping that bowl.
- Lower your mixer speed and blend in 1/2 the flour, just until it's almost all blended, then add the buttermilk, and finally the rest of the flour. Just blend until the flour is incorporated, and then stop.
- Gently fold in the cranberries, making sure to get them evenly distributed.
- Spread the batter (it will be quite thick) evenly into your pan.
- Sprinkle the sparkling sugar over the surface of the cake and then bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until risen, golden, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without wet batter on it. Try not to over bake the cake, and check on the early side, especially if your oven runs hot.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan, then, if you used parchment, you can remove the cake to cool completely, or slice while still slightly warm.
- Store the leftover cake in the pan on the counter covered with foil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230 kcal, Carbohydrate 35 g, Protein 3 g, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 37 mg, Sodium 213 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 18 g, UnsaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
UPSIDE-DOWN CRANBERRY-ORANGE CAKE
This sweet-tart upside-down cake is perfect for a holiday dessert or anytime fresh cranberries are in season.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter just the sides of a 9-inch round cake pan.
- For the caramel topping: Stir the sugar and 1/3 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Stop stirring, and gently swirl the saucepan occasionally until the mixture is the color of light amber, 6 to 8 minutes. If needed, brush any sugar crystals off the side of the saucepan with a wet pastry brush. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and carefully whisk in the butter (take care: the mixture can bubble up considerably). Pour the caramel into the prepared cake pan, tilting the pan to cover most of the bottom (be careful: the pan will be very hot from the caramel). Scatter the cranberries over the caramel.
- For the cake: Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves in a medium bowl. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition and scraping down the side of the bowl as needed, then beat in the vanilla and orange zest. Whisk together the milk and sour cream in a small bowl. Reduce the mixer speed to low, and add the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the milk-sour cream mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter over the cranberries in the cake pan, and spread evenly. Bake until the cake is golden brown and bounces back when pressed and a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the center, 50 to 60 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake to separate it from the pan. Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack until just cool enough to handle, 20 to 30 minutes. Invert a serving platter over the cake pan and, while holding them together, quickly flip them over so the cake unmolds, cranberry-side up. Let cool completely. Cut into wedges, and serve.
CRANBERRY-ORANGE SNACKING CAKE
Use a can of leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving to make the jam swirl topping of this simple cake. It's perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
Provided by Kendra Vaculin
Yield Makes one 13x9-inch cake
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Line a 13x9-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on 2 long sides.
- Cook butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until it foams, then browns, 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat (it will continue to darken). Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add cranberry sauce to a separate saucepan and smush and stir to break apart. Add orange and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently (or whisking well if using jellied), until smooth, 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and orange zest; use your fingers to rub the zest into the sugar until fragrant and the sugar is tinted orange. Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cardamom to the bowl; whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, and vanilla until smooth. Add dry ingredients to the wet and stir to just combine; the mixture will be quite thick, like cobbler batter. Add browned butter, scraping in any browned bits from the bottom of the pot; stir to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and spread into a fairly even layer to fill the dish from corner to corner. The batter will be very stiff and not look like enough-this is ok, it will rise big time! Dollop cranberry mixture over the top in big spoonfuls and use a knife to swirl it into the batter. Even if it looks like cranberry is covering most of the top of the cake, it will rise to reveal space between the swirls.
- Bake until risen and golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool before using parchment overhang to remove from the pan.
CRANBERRY-ORANGE SNACK CAKE
This recipe contains so many great holiday flavors, including pecans, orange, and cranberry, without the post-holiday guilt! I also love the cream cheese icing that really takes this cake over the top. -Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 24 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 13x9-in. baking pan with cooking spray., In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, melted butter, egg substitute, applesauce, 1 teaspoon orange zest and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into brown sugar mixture. Stir in cranberries and baking chips., Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack., In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in remaining orange zest. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198 calories, Fat 9g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 122mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPICED ORANGE AND CRANBERRY SNACKING CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and dust it with flour, knocking out any extra.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cloves in a bowl.
- Combine the sour cream, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla in a large glass measuring cup and lightly beat.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and cream with an electric mixer on med-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice as necessary; stir in the orange zest.
- With the mixer on med-low, pour the egg mixture into the bowl in a slow stream, stopping the mixer once or twice to scrape down the sides.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- After the last addition, mix for 30 seconds on medium speed; stir in the cranberries.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; bake for 35-40 minutes, until the cake is golden and a pick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes, invert it onto a wire rack, and then turn it right side up again to cool completely.
- Cut into 9 squares and serve; store uneaten squares in a cake keeper or wrap in plastic and store at room temperature for 3 days.
REALLY CRANBERRY ORANGE YUMMY GUMMY PUDDING CAKE
If you love cranberries and a dense cake, then this is the recipe for you. This cake is super moist with a great orange taste and tons of fresh cranberries. I had to put it away or I wouldn't stop eating it! This is great for a party. Serve it warm with ice cream!
Provided by Trisha777
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10x14-inch baking pan.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and dried orange peel in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice concentrate, water, and orange extract. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture until well combined, and stir the orange juice mixture in, stirring just enough to thoroughly mix. Gently stir in the cranberries and pecans. Smooth the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is browned, about 50 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), cover the dish with foil, and bake until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 20 to 30 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 464.2 calories, Carbohydrate 70.7 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Fat 19 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 583.1 mg, Sugar 39.5 g
More about "cranberry orange snacking cake recipes"
CRANBERRY-ORANGE SNACKING CAKE - THE WASHINGTON POST
3.4/5 (9)Servings 12Is Accessible For Free TrueCalories 260 per serving
CRANBERRY ORANGE SKILLET CAKE RECIPE L A FARMGIRL'S DABBLES
CRANBERRY CAKE WITH ORANGE GLAZE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
CRANBERRY ORANGE CAKE (EASY!) / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
CRANBERRY ORANGE SNACKING CAKE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CRANBERRY-ORANGE SNACK CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF …
THE BEST CRANBERRY ORANGE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - COOKING LSL
A CRANBERRY-ORANGE SNACKING CAKE RECIPE THAT'S BEGGING TO BE …
CRANBERRY-ORANGE SNACKING CAKE BEGS TO BE SHARED | THESPEC.COM
CRANBERRY-ORANGE SNACKING CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MINI CRANBERRY ORANGE SNACK CAKE - TOASTER OVEN LOVE
LEFTOVER CRANBERRY SAUCE IS THE KEY TO THIS SWIRLED …
CRANBERRY ORANGE SNACKIN’ CAKE - ROGERS FOODS
10 BEST CRANBERRY ORANGE CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRANBERRY ORANGE CAKE - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
PALEO CRANBERRY ORANGE SNACK CAKE - GOLDEN BARREL
CRANBERRY CHRISTMAS CAKE + ORANGE GLAZE - THE TOASTED PINE NUT
CRANBERRY-ORANGE SNACKING CAKE | RECIPE | SNACK CAKE, CRANBERRY …
CRANBERRY ORANGE SNACKING CAKE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRANBERRY AND ORANGE CAKE WITH FRESH CRANBERRIES
THE MOST DELICIOUS AND EASY CRANBERRY ORANGE CAKE
CRANBERRY ORANGE ALMOND CAKE - EAT DESSERT SNACK
CRANBERRY ORANGE SNACK CAKE RECIPE
PALEO CRANBERRY ORANGE SNACK CAKE - REAL FOOD WITH JESSICA
CRANBERRY SNACK CAKE - COOKING WITH CARLEE
CRANBERRY-ORANGE SNACK CAKE RECIPE
CRANBERRY ORANGE CAKE - A LATTE FOOD
CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAKFAST CAKE - A PRETTY LIFE IN THE SUBURBS
CRANBERRY ORANGE POUND CAKE - COOKING FOR MY SOUL
ORANGE CRANBERRY CAKE - CONFESSIONS OF A BAKING QUEEN
WHOLE-ORANGE SNACK CAKE - DINING AND COOKING
CRANBERRY ORANGE CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - OH ... - OH …
CRANBERRY-ORANGE SNACKING CAKE | RECIPE | CRANBERRY RECIPES, …
CRANBERRY-ORANGE SNACKING CAKE BEGS TO BE SHARED
CRANBERRY SNACK CAKE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CRANBERRY ORANGE SNACK CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CRANBERRY-ORANGE SNACK CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CRANBERRY ORANGE CAKE – MODERN HONEY
CRANBERRY-ORANGE SNACKING CAKE | RECIPE | SNACK CAKE, CRANBERRY …
CRANBERRY ORANGE CAKE RECIPE WITH LEMON GLAZE | BIGGER BOLDER …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make cranberry orange cake?
Can you use cranberry sauce to bake a cake?
How do you make orange zest cookies?
What goes well with fresh cranberries?