CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD
This buttery shortbread is filled with cranberries, pistachios and orange zest. It's an easy slice and bake cookie is perfect for the holidays.
Provided by Fiona Dowling
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- With the mixer on low speed mix in the flour, salt and orange zest until just combined. The dough will be thick.
- Stir in the chopped cranberries and pistachios.
- Place a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper on the counter. Take 1/2 of the dough, place it on the sheet of wax paper and form it into a log shape about 1 to 1 1/2 inch (2-3 cm) in diameter. Roll up the log in wax paper and twist the ends. Really think of packing the log tightly as you form the log.
- Repeat the process with the 2nd half of the dough, so you end up with 2 logs.
- Place the logs in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or up to 3 days. Logs can be frozen for up to 2 months in a freezer container, then thaw overnight in the fridge before baking.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325F (16FC) and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
- Take 1 log out of the fridge at a time, unwrap the log and slice into cookies about 1/4 - 1/3 inch thick (about 0.5 cm).
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet and bake for 14-17 minutes, or until the tops looks set and around the edges are starting to turn golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 106 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 6 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Cholesterol 14 mg, Sodium 17 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD
The Bread Farm, in the tiny town of Edison, Wa, not only makes great Artisanal Breads, but fabulous shortbread too. I adapted a recipe from the web to try and match theirs. Does not include chill time
Provided by momaphet
Yield 4 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl whisk the flour with the salt and cinnamon.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), cream the butter until smooth (about 1 - 2 minutes). Add the sugar and beat until smooth and creamy (about 3 minutes). Beat in the zest and vanilla extract. Gently stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated. Fold in the chopped pistachios and dried cranberries. (Make sure that the nuts and cranberries are evenly distributed throughout the dough.).
- Divide the dough in half. Place each half of dough on the center of a 14 inch (35 cm) length of parchment or wax paper (plastic wrap will work too). Smooth and shape the dough into an evenly shaped rectangle that is about 10 inches (25 cm) long and 2 inches (5 cm) wide. Then thoroughly wrap the shaped logs in the parchment or wax paper, twists the ends of the paper to seal the logs, and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least two hours, or up to three days. (The logs can also be frozen for about two months. If freezing, it is best to defrost the logs in the refrigerator overnight before slicing and baking.).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) with the rack in the center of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a thin bladed knife, slice the logs into ¼ to ½ inch (.5 to 1 cm) thick cookies. If dough is too hard to slice you may need to let the log set our for 5 minutes. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake for about 15 - 18 minutes, or until the cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Check at 12 minutes - the type of pan you use can really make a big difference in cooking time.
- Note. The original recipe calls for unsalted butter, I prefer my shortbread with salted butter, so try it either way.
SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH PISTACHIOS AND CRANBERRIES
- Chop pistachios until finely chopped. Chop cranberries.
- Combine butter, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl; beat until fluffy. Mix in pistachios, cranberries, cornstarch, and orange zest until well combined.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Poke the center of each ball with a floured finger until it makes a deep dimple. Fill with about 1/4 teaspoon cranberry sauce. Chill the cookies for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Transfer chilled cookies to a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Working in batches, bake cookies in the preheated oven, one sheet at a time, until the edges begin to turn light brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining batches.
- Roll in powdered sugar just before serving, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75.8 calories, Carbohydrate 4.7 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6.3 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 6.8 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
PISTACHIO CRANBERRY ICEBOX COOKIES
- Make dough:
- Stir together flour, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat together butter, granulated sugar, and zest in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in 3 batches, mixing until dough just comes together in clumps, then mix in pistachios and cranberries. Gather and press dough together, then divide into 2 equal pieces. Using a sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper as an aid, form each piece of dough into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Square off long sides of each log to form a bar, then chill, wrapped in plastic wrap, until very firm, at least 2 hours.
- Slice and bake cookies:
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Brush egg over all 4 long sides of bars (but not ends). Sprinkle decorative sugar on a separate sheet of parchment or wax paper and press bars into sugar, coating well.
- Cut each bar crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices, rotating bar after cutting each slice to help keep square shape. (If dough gets too soft to slice, freeze bars briefly until firm.) Arrange cookies about 1/2 inch apart on lined baking sheets.
- Bake cookies, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until edges are pale golden, 15 to 18 minutes total. Transfer cookies from parchment to racks using a slotted spatula and cool completely.
CRANBERRY LIME PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES
I got this recipe at a Vegan baking class recently. (I've made a few modifications, so it's not exactly the same.) These cookies are melt-in-your mouth sweet and salty and crunchy--I love them! **Update: I've recently discovered that these are also stellar if you substitute chopped dried mango for the cranberry.**
Provided by velorutionista
Yield 36 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream margarine and sugar. Add flour till dough forms.
- Stir in cranberries, pistachios, zest, and juice.
- Let dough rest in fridge for a few minutes. To form cookies, roll 1 tablespoons dough into a ball, then flatten. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 11 minutes or till the bottoms are just turning golden and the tops look dry-ish. Cool on wire racks.
More about "cranberry pistachio shortbread recipes"
CRANBERRY AND PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES - BAKES BY …
4.4/5 (48)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 177 per serving
- Toast the pistachios for about 10 minutes until slightly brown. Remove from the oven and chop them.
- Place the cranberries in a food processor and pulse until cranberries are chopped into small pieces. I use a mini-food processor and pulse about 10-15 times. Chopping them in the food processor helps ensure better distribution throughout the dough. You can also chop them by hand.
- Place the butter, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix on medium speed until the mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Stop the mixer, scrape down the bowl and add all the flour at once. Turn the mixer to low speed and mix until all the flour is just combined. The dough will be crumbly at this point. Increase the mixer speed to medium and mix until the dough has completely come together. Add the pistachios and the cranberries and mix on low speed until they are well combined into the dough.
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD | BOB'S RED MILL BLOG
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREADS RECIPE & VIDEO - JOYOFBAKING.COM
PISTACHIO CRANBERRY SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - DINNER, …
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES - BAKE FROM …
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES - THE KITCHEN …
ORANGE CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES - EASY CHRISTMAS …
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES | RECIPE | CRANBERRY …
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO COOKIES RECIPE (EGGLESS) - COOK CLICK N …
CRANBERRY, GINGER AND PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD BISCUITS
CRANBERRY AND PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD - AGARANGEUSA.COM
PISTACHIO CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE DIPPED SHORTBREAD COOKIES
ROBINHOOD | PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES | EGGLESS COOKING
PISTACHIO CRANBERRY SHORTBREAD | RECIPES | HONEST TO GOODNESS
MOM'S DRIED CHERRY, CRANBERRY AND PISTACHIO NUT SHORTBREAD …
PISTACHIO CRANBERRY SHORTBREAD COOKIES - BHAVNA'S KITCHEN & LIVING
CRANBERRY AND PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES - THAT'S WHAT BOB'S …
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
FROSTED PISTACHIO CRANBERRY SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD - MOM ON TIMEOUT
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - THE EXPLORING …
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES | MRS KRINGLE'S KITCHEN
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO VEGAN SHORTBREAD COOKIES (PALEO)
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO WHIPPED SHORTBREAD COOKIES
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES - MOUTH HALF FULL
CUSTOMER SERVICE - BOB'S RED MILL NATURAL FOODS
CHOCOLATE DIPPED CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD - NEIGHBORFOOD
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES | SHE'S NOT COOKIN'
RASPBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREADS RECIPE & VIDEO - JOYOFBAKING.COM
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES - SEASON OF BAKING
PISTACHIO, CRANBERRY & WHITE CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD RECIPE
PISTACHIO CRANBERRY SHORTBREAD COOKIES - BUTTER & BAGGAGE
GLUTEN FREE CRANBERRY SHORTBREAD - FEARLESS DINING
CRANBERRY AND PISTACHIO SABLE SHORTBREADS - THIS IS HOW I COOK
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO COOKIES - LEFTOVERS THEN BREAKFAST
PISTACHIO CRANBERRY SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
FRESH CRANBERRY PISTACHIO COOKIES - MADE WITH BOXED CAKE MIX
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO CHRISTMAS SHORTBREAD COOKIES
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE | RECIPE
DELIGHTFUL CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD: FILL THE COOKIE JAR
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #north-american #desserts #american #asian #middle-eastern #cookies-and-brownies
You'll also love