CREAMY CREAMED CABBAGE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, blend milk, flour, butter, salt and pepper. Stir constantly until a thick white sauce has formed.
- In a separate medium saucepan over boiling water, steam cabbage until tender but firm.
- In a small baking dish, alternate layers of sauce, cabbage and Romano cheese.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes, until sauce and cheese are bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178.8 calories, Carbohydrate 13.5 g, Cholesterol 34.1 mg, Fat 10.2 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 9.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 406.2 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon slices to cool.
- Whisk the butter, flour, and salt into the drippings in the same pan. Stir in the cabbage, and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes. Crumble the bacon; stir the bacon pieces and sour cream into the cabbage mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251.1 calories, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 41.5 mg, Fat 20.3 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 10.2 g, Sodium 645.2 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
This rich comforting cabbage dish has plenty of old-fashioned goodness. The recipe is shared by Virginia Dishman of Lansing, Michigan, who admits she finds it a challenge to cook small quantities since she once fed a family of nine!
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 1 serving.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add the vinegar, water,sugar, salt and pepper; cook until bubbly. Stir in cabbage and apple; toss to coat. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until cabbage is tender. stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts :
BAKED CREAMED CABBAGE
A delicious and different way to serve cabbage - baked with a cream sauce and topped with bread crumbs. From Just Vegetable Recipes.
Provided by Marie
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Shred cabbage and cook for 9 minutes in boiling water.
- Remove cabbage and drain well.
- Place in 1 1/2 quart buttered casserole.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, stir in flour and salt and cook until smooth.
- Add milk gradually, stirring until thick.
- Pour sauce over cabbage and sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until crumbs are brown.
This recipe, which was handed down to me from my grandmother, makes a good side dish for any meal. It's a simple way to spruce up a cabbage dish and has always been happily received at potluck suppers.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and cabbage to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain., In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoons drippings. Stir the flour, salt, paprika and pepper into the drippings until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. , Place cabbage in an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with sauce. Sprinkle bread crumbs and bacon over the top. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 518mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
CREAMED CABBAGE- NORWEGIAN STYLE
I remember eating this when I was younger. It was the only way I liked cabbage then. This seems to really bring out the sweetness of the vegetable and remove any harshness- which kids just do not enjoy. As a kid it looked like something drenched in gravy or whipped cream- looks are deceiving- but whatever gets the kid to eat the veggie was cool with my mom.
Provided by Mamas Kitchen Hope
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Boil cabbage until tender, approximately 30 minutes and drain well.
- Make a roux from the butter, flour and milk stirring constantly until it turns a light brown. Add bouillon and stir to combine.
- Add cabbage, salt, pepper and nutmeg and stir to mix together.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115.6, Fat 6.5, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 19.7, Sodium 79.4, Carbohydrate 11.5, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 2.8, Protein 3.9
CREAMY SAVOY CABBAGE WITH CARROTS
Savoy cabbage at its best, a great accompaniment to any meal - particularly the Christmas turkey or part of your Hogmanay meal
Provided by Nick Nairn
Categories Dinner, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pull off any tough outer leaves from the cabbage and discard. Cut in half, then remove the hard inner core. Rinse the leaves, then shred as finely as you can. Cut the carrots into fine, thin strips or grate in the food processor.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the cabbage and carrots. Boil for 6 mins until just tender, then drain. Return to the hot pan and add the butter and cream. Season with pepper, and salt if you like, add the nutmeg and stir well to coat. Pile into a serving dish and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.15 milligram of sodium
CREAMED GREEN CABBAGE
This luscious casserole is a twist on traditional creamed vegetable dishes. Shredded cabbage and lemon zest bring texture and tang to the table, while milk, butter, and grated Pecorino Romano cheese form a rich, velvety sauce.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring 1 inch salted water to a boil in a Dutch oven or large pot. Add cabbage. Cover, and steam, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, and let cool slightly. Squeeze out excess water using a kitchen towel.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, and cook until bubbling but not browning, 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk. Cook, stirring, until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add 1/4 cup cheese and the lemon zest. Immediately fold cabbage into sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a shallow (6-cup) casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon cheese. Bake until bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162 g, Cholesterol 25 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 206 g
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the cabbage and garlic. Cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes, until the cabbage has softened a bit but is still crunchy.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the heavy cream and cook for five minutes more. Correct seasoning and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 236, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 14 grams, Sodium 387 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "creamed cabbage recipes"
CREAMY CABBAGE RECIPE WITH 5 INGREDIENTS - THESE OLD …
Servings 6Total Time 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 133 per serving
EASY CREAMED CABBAGE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE CREAMED …
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine EnglishTotal Time 22 mins
CREAMED CABBAGE AND GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE - LOW CARB YUM
THAT CREAMED CABBAGE RECIPE - TOO BUSY TO FLUSH
CREAMED CABBAGE AND SAUSAGE RECIPE - MY FORKING LIFE
CREAMED CABBAGE RECIPE - TELEGRAPH
DISCOVER CABBAGE CREAM CHEESE RECIPE 'S POPULAR VIDEOS | TIKTOK
FAMOUS WALP’S CREAMED CABBAGE - A COALCRACKER IN THE KITCHEN
CREAMED CABBAGE - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
RECIPE: BAKED LAYERED CABBAGE WITH CREAM SAUCE TOPPING (RE: …
OLD FASHIONED CREAMED CABBAGE - MIZ HELEN'S COUNTRY COTTAGE
SAVOY CABBAGE WITH GARLIC AND CREAM | COMMUNITY RECIPES
EASY CREAMED CABBAGE - INSPIRATIONAL MOMMA
KETO CREAMED CABBAGE | CARB MANAGER
10 BEST CREAMED CABBAGE HEAVY CREAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREAMED CABBAGE AND LEEKS - PINCH OF NOM
10 BEST BAKED CREAMED CABBAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREAMED CABBAGE - EFFORTLESS FOODIE
CREAMED CABBAGE | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
CREAMED CABBAGE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CREAMY CABBAGE CASSEROLE - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
BACON CREAMED CABBAGE (READY IN UNDER 30 MIN!) - EASY LOW CARB
CREAM OF CABBAGE SOUP | RICARDO
CREAMED CABBAGE CASSEROLE - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE RECIPES
CHINESE CREAMED CABBAGE 奶油津白 - AUNTIE EMILY'S KITCHEN
CREAMY CABBAGE CHOWDER - THERESCIPES.INFO
CREAMED CABBAGE - SOUTH AFRICAN STYLE - FOODLE CLUB
KETO CREAMY CABBAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE [RICH & LUSCIOUS]
LOW-CARB CREAMED GREEN CABBAGE - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
COLESLAW WITH SOUR CREAM – RECIPE FOR RUSSIAN WHITE CABBAGE SALAD
CREAMY SAVOY CABBAGE - CABBAGE RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
CREAMED CABBAGE WITH BACON RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS …
CREAMY CABBAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CREAMED CABBAGE RECIPE - AN EDIBLE MOSAIC™
BEST CREAMED CABBAGE RECIPE - HOW TO COOK SHREDDED GREEN …
CREAMED COUNTRY STYLE CABBAGE - CHEEKYKITCHEN
CREAMED CABBAGE AND SPINACH - KUDOS KITCHEN BY RENEE
LOW-CARB CREAMED GREEN CABBAGE â€” 5 STEP EASY RECIPE
CREAMY FRIED CABBAGE - DIVALICIOUS RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook cabbage and cabbage with cream?Melt the butter in a large, frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage and sauté for a few minutes, or until soft and golden brown. Add the heavy whipping cream and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes, or until the cream is reduced and texture is creamy.
How to cook shredded cabbage in a pan?Add butter to a large skillet; melt and let brown slightly. To the skillet, add shredded cabbage; stir and cover. Simmer over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Remove lid; stir and turn down to medium heat and let cook for an additional 5 minutes.
How do you cook bacon and cabbage in a skillet?Directions. Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon slices to cool. Whisk the butter, flour, and salt into the drippings in the same pan. Stir in the cabbage, and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until cabbage is tender,...
How do you cook cabbage for a soup?Boil cabbage until tender, approximately 30 minutes and drain well. Make a roux from the butter, flour and milk stirring constantly until it turns a light brown. Add bouillon and stir to combine. Add cabbage, salt, pepper and nutmeg and stir to mix together. Serve. “I remember eating this when I was younger.