THE BEST BROCCOLI-CHEDDAR SOUP
This outstanding broccoli-cheddar soup is rich, cheesy and packed with flavor. We decided to puree just over half the soup which makes it extra thick and creamy, and left the remainder chunky so there are broccoli bits in every bite. Gild the lily with more shredded cheese on top to satisfy your comfort food craving.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes, then gradually whisk in the half-and-half until smooth. Add the chicken broth, broccoli, bay leaves, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and few grinds of black pepper Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low and simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, until the broth has thickened and the broccoli is very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prick the potato all over with a fork and put on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until tender, flipping halfway through, about 6 minutes. Let cool, then peel. Use a fork or potato masher to mash until crumbly.
- Reserve 2 cups of the soup in a liquid measuring cup and discard the bay leaves. Let the remaining hot soup cool for 5 minutes or so, then transfer it to a blender, filling no more than halfway. Add the mashed potato. Remove the center cap from the lid and place it on the blender. Cover the lid with a folded kitchen towel to catch splatters, and pulse until very smooth.
- Stir the pureed soup and reserved 2 cups of soup back into the pot. Whisk in the cheese until melted and smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls and top with more shredded Cheddar.
ALMOST-FAMOUS BROCCOLI-CHEDDAR SOUP
For creamy, cheesy comfort, try Food Network Kitchen's Almost-Famous Broccoli-Cheddar Soup, best served in big sourdough bread bowls.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes, then gradually whisk in the half-and-half until smooth. Add the chicken broth, bay leaves and nutmeg, then season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the bread bowls: Using a sharp knife, cut a circle into the top of each loaf, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Remove the bread top, then hollow out the middle with a fork or your fingers, leaving a thick bread shell.
- Add the broccoli and carrot to the broth mixture and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Discard the bay leaves. Puree the soup in batches in a blender until smooth; you'll still have flecks of carrot and broccoli. Return to the pot. (Or puree the soup in the pot with an immersion blender.)
- Add the cheese to the soup and whisk over medium heat until melted. Add up to 3/4 cup water if the soup is too thick. Ladle into the bread bowls and garnish with cheese.
CREAM OF BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
- Heat oil in soup pot and add onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add broccoli and chicken broth and cook until tender.
- Add mashed potatoes & mix thoroughly. Heat for 5 minute.
- Add milk and heat some more.
- Add cheddar cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: I like to add cream cheese, sour cream, and onion salt to my mashed potatoes. This makes them so yummy!
COPYCAT PANERA® BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. Here is what we came up with. There are tons of variations and options to make this soup your own. You can add extra veggies, different cheeses, garlic to your onions, a little nutmeg to the finished soup, green onions, sour cream, etc. The list goes on and on. Make it your own! Serve topped with cheese!
Provided by gildawen
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion in hot butter until translucent, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk 1/4 cup melted butter and flour together in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Continue to whisk and cook , adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk if necessary to keep the flour from burning, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gradually pour milk into flour mixture while whisking constantly. Stir chicken stock into milk mixture. Bring to a simmer; cook until mixture is thickened, about 20 minutes. Add broccoli, carrots, sauteed onion, and celery; simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir Cheddar cheese into vegetable mixture until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.4 calories, Carbohydrate 10.7 g, Cholesterol 70.5 mg, Fat 23 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 14.3 g, SaturatedFat 14.4 g, Sodium 624 mg, Sugar 5 g
CHEESY CHEDDAR BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
People who don't even usually like broccoli casserole beg me to make this comforting broccoli cheese casserole recipe. It's similar to a classic green bean casserole, but the melted cheese just puts it over the top. -Elaine Hubbard, Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, combine soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and 1-1/4 cups onions; heat through over medium heat, stirring until blended, 4-5 minutes. Stir in broccoli. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish., Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359 calories, Fat 26g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 641mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
CREAMY BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 4 to 6 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in salt, flour, and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Remove from heat, and stir in broccoli.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of crushed crackers over the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Slowly pour the broccoli mixture into the dish, and top with remaining crushed crackers.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320.3 calories, Carbohydrate 24.3 g, Cholesterol 43.3 mg, Fat 21.9 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 7.6 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 471.1 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
CREAMY CHEDDAR BROCCOLI
In Wyoming, Minnesota, Amanda Anderson dresses up broccoli with this savory, ranch-flavored cheese sauce.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place the broccoli and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, milk and ranch dressing mix. , Drain broccoli; return to dish. Top with cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 2-3 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 387mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
CREAMY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
Soup on the brain? Try this hearty soup recipe to keep you warm on cool, autumn days. Zatarain's Cheddar Broccoli Rice Mix, cream and cheddar cheese give this recipe a flavorful kick - makes 6 servings.
Provided by Zatarains
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in Rice Mix and stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream; cover. Simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.9, Fat 31.9, SaturatedFat 19.8, Cholesterol 104.1, Sodium 781.1, Carbohydrate 3.5, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 1.3, Protein 13.7
More about "creamy cheddar broccoli recipes"
BEST CREAMY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE-HOW TO …
5/5 (4)Category Dinner, SoupCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
CREAMY CHEDDAR BROCCOLI SALAD - CREME DE LA CRUMB
5/5 (5)Total Time 15 minsCategory SaladCalories 302 per serving
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and transfer pasta to a large bowl. Add broccoli, cheese, celery, and onions. Add dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately, or cover and chill 1-3 hours before serving for enhanced flavor.
CREAMY BROCCOLI-CHEDDAR CASSEROLE RECIPE | COOKING …
Servings 12Calories 133 per servingTotal Time 55 mins
BROCCOLI SALAD WITH BACON, CHEDDAR & ALMONDS - ONCE …
CREAMY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
CREAMY BROCCOLI CASSEROLE (GRATIN) | RECIPETIN EATS
CREAMY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR RICE - MAEBELLS
30 MINUTE BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP | GIMME DELICIOUS
CREAMY BROCCOLI CASSEROLE - THE KITCHEN IS MY …
CREAMY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP - THE CHUNKY CHEF
CREAMY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP - EAT YOURSELF SKINNY
CREAMY BROCCOLI MAC AND CHEESE - DAMN DELICIOUS
CREAMY BROCCOLI (KETO) | GIMME DELICIOUS
CREAMY BROCCOLI BACON AND CHEDDAR SALAD | THE RECIPE …
BROCCOLI & CHEDDAR SALAD WITH CREAMY GARLIC DRESSING
CREAMY GARLIC CHICKEN WITH CHEDDAR BROCCOLI RECIPE - HOME CHEF
CREAMY CHEESY BROCCOLI CASSEROLE - EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
BROCCOLI CASSEROLE (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
CREAMY BROCCOLI SOUP RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST BROCCOLI & CHEDDAR RECIPES | EATINGWELL
THICK & CREAMY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP - GARNISH & GLAZE
CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP WITH CHEDDAR - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CREAMY CHEDDAR BROCCOLI SOUP KETO FRIENDLY RECIPE
COPYCAT POTBELLY’S CREAMY CHEDDAR BROCCOLI SOUP RECIPE
EASY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
3-INGREDIENT CREAMY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE - MASHED
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR PASTA BAKE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
HAPPILY UNPROCESSED - HAPPILY UNPROCESSED
LIGHTER CREAMY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP (SUPER CREAMY!) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
TOP 47 BROCCOLI CHEDDAR CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE-RECIPES
CHEESY CHEDDAR BROCCOLI CASSEROLE - NOT ENTIRELY AVERAGE
CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP ALLRECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
CREAMY CHEDDAR & BROCCOLI NOODLES - BITZ & GIGGLES
CHEESY BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
OUR FAVORITE BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP - INSPIRED TASTE
CHEDDAR BROCCOLI ORZO - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
CREAMY CHEDDAR BACON BROCCOLI SALAD (4-INGREDIENT EASY PARTY …
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SHELLS & CHEESE RECIPE- STOVE TOP & OVEN …
CREAMY BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR CASSEROLE - THE GARDENING COOK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Broccoli and cream cheese soup?Add broccoli, broth and seasonings ( per recipe below) and simmer until tender. Remove a bit of the broccoli and chop it, blend the rest of the soup. Stir in cream and cream cheese and simmer a few minutes. Mix in the cheeses and the chopped broccoli. Enjoy! Add the cream cheese while on the heat so it melts.
How to cook Broccoli and broccoli Parmesan?In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, until it turns golden, 3 minutes. Add broth and half-and-half and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and add broccoli.
How do you cook Broccoli in the oven with cheese?Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9 by 13-inch casserole dish with Pam. Put broccoli, garlic salt and pepper in a bag and toss. Place in casserole dish and top with Cheddar Cheese. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. “This is one way my kids will eat broccoli.
How to cook Broccoli in a crock pot?Add broth and half-and-half and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and add broccoli. Simmer until broccoli is bright green, 4 minutes, then remove four pretty pieces of broccoli (for garnish) and rinse under cold water. Reduce heat to low and cover partially; simmer until broccoli is tender, 15 minutes.