CRAZY CREAMY CHICKPEA CURRY
- Melt coconut oil in a heavy 4-quart pot over medium heat. Saute onion until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add curry powder, pepper flakes, broth, soy sauce, maple syrup, and tomato paste and stir.
- Add potatoes and carrot, cover pot, and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer and leave lid ajar. Cook just until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Add cauliflower, chickpeas, coconut milk, and cilantro. Stir gently to incorporate. Return to simmer with lid ajar and simmer just until cauliflower is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Fold in peas and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and season with salt, if needed. Serve with steamed basmati rice and, for those who'd like more heat, sriracha sauce. Garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419.5 calories, Carbohydrate 70.1 g, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 8.3 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.3 g, Sodium 744.7 mg, Sugar 9.7 g
CREAMY CHICKEN (OR PRAWN) CURRY
This is based on an Australian Weight Watchers recipe. It's very healthy and low fat but tastes like it isn't! I often double the sauce and use it to cook up a 500g bag of defrosted frozen prawn meat. I also change up the veggies ... use whatever you have on hand. I like to throw in a handful of baby spinach right at the end. I have often thought it might be nice with a small tin of pineapple and a tsp of coconut extract ... let me know if you try this!
Provided by Gingernut
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook chicken in a hot pan coated with cooking spray till brown and tender. (If using prawns, you can stirfry them at this point till they turn pink, or you can wait till the end and just cook them in the sauce for a few minutes.) Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Saute the garlic, curry powder, carrots, onion and capsicum for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Combine cornflour and water in a small bowl.
- Turn the heat way down low and stir in the milk, stock and cornflour/water mixture. Stir until sauce thickens. Return chicken to the pan and coat with the curry sauce.
- Serve over rice.
- NOTE: After a review stating this was "bland" I realised that Keen's Curry Powder (available in Australia) may be quite different from brands available overseas. Keen's brand curry powder has a fairly high salt content. You may need to add salt to this recipe if your curry powder is low in salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236.8, Fat 4.5, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 96, Sodium 245.3, Carbohydrate 14.4, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 5.7, Protein 33.6
CREAMY CURRY SHRIMP
"We really like the spicy flavor of this seafood dish," notes Collette Conlan of Burleson, Texas. "You can give it even more zip by increasing the amount of hot pepper sauce. If your family doesn't like the taste of curry, try substituting paprika instead."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with curry powder; cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Stir in tomato paste. Gradually stir in water; then cream. , Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Serve with pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts :
CREAMY CHICKEN CURRY
A delicate curry sauce pairs well with tender chicken, colorful vegetables and crunchy almonds. Try serving spoonfuls of this tasty blend over rice.-Janis Vandervort, Portland, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the chicken in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with broccoli and cauliflower. Combine the soup, mayonnaise, cheese, lemon juice, curry and cayenne; spoon over vegetables. Sprinkle with almonds. , Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
CREAMY PRAWN CURRY
- Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact.
- Put them in a bowl, add the lemon juice, then toss together and leave the for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the prawns under running cold water and pad dry with paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan and fry the onion until lightly browned.
- Add the turmeric, cinnamon, cloves cardamom, bay leaves, ginger and garlic, and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chili powder, creamed coconut or coconut milk, and salt, to taste, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns, return to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked through and the sauce is thick.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 322, Fat 21.2, SaturatedFat 9.6, Cholesterol 190, Sodium 197.9, Carbohydrate 7, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 0.8, Protein 26.4
More about "creamy chicken or prawn curry recipes"
CREAMY CHICKEN CURRY - PINCH OF NOM
CREAMY SHRIMP CURRY - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
PRAWN KORMA - THIS CREAMY AND RICH INDIAN PRAWN …
RUSSELL HOWARD'S CHICKEN & PRAWN CURRY | JAMIE OLIVER …
LUKE NAIR'S CHICKEN AND PRAWN CURRY RECIPE - GETAWAY …
EASY CREAMY CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
CREAMY SRI LANKAN PRAWN CURRY | MARION'S KITCHEN
RECIPE OF THE WEEK: DURBAN CHICKEN AND PRAWN CURRY
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHICKEN & PRAWN CURRY - BEST CHICKEN & PRAWN RECIPE, HOW TO …
Cuisine IndianCategory CurryServings 4-6Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CREAMY PRAWN CURRY RECIPE | STUFF.CO.NZ
CREAMY INDIAN PRAWN CURRY(MASALA CURRY). - THE SEAFOOD BLOG
CREAMY CURRIES - BBC FOOD
10 BEST CHICKEN PRAWN CURRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY CREAMY CHICKEN CURRY - LIFE AT CLOVERHILL
CREAMY PRAWN CURRY RECIPE BY MRS ADMIN (MASHUDA)
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY GARLIC PRAWNS - A DASH OF FLAVOUR …
BEST COOKING CARROT RECIPES: CREAMY CHICKEN (OR PRAWN) CURRY
KASHMIRI CHICKEN AND PRAWN CURRY WITH LYCHEES - FOODLE CLUB
CREAMY GARLIC PRAWNS (SHRIMP) - RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN AND PRAWN CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK RECIPES - YUMMLY
WEEKNIGHT CREAMY SRI LANKAN CHICKEN CURRY - MARION'S KITCHEN
CREAMY PRAWN CURRY WITH POTATO • THE COOK REPORT
CHICKEN AND PRAWN CURRY - FOOD24
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP CURRY | SAVEUR
CHICKEN-AND-PRAWN CURRY - WOOLWORTHS TASTE
CREAMY PRAWN CURRY RECIPE BY TASMEYA - HALAAL RECIPES
CHICKEN AND PRAWN CURRY WITH RICE CRACKERS, CHILLIES, AND COCONUT …
CREAMY PRAWN CURRY - BIGOVEN.COM
RICHARD'S CHICKEN AND PRAWN CURRY - FOOD24
BUTTER CHICKEN AND PRAWN CURRY WITH PEANUT BUTTER - CULINARY …
BUTTER CHICKEN STYLE PRAWN MAKHANI WITH ITC MASTER ... - MY TASTY …
THAI RED CURRY WITH PRAWNS AND CHICKEN - RECIPES ARE SIMPLE
MALAI PRAWNS (CREAMY PRAWN CURRY) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PRAWN COCONUT CREAM CURRY RECIPE | THE POP FOOD
IRRESISTIBLE CHICKEN CURRY - INSPIRED TASTE
PRAWN AND COCONUT CREAM CURRY|EASY CURRY PASTE RECIPE
CREAMY PRAWN CURRY RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
EASY PRAWN CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK - KHIN'S KITCHEN
KETO PRAWN CURRY – AKA CURRIED SHRIMP
CREAMY PRAWN CURRY - TIFFIN AND TEA
You'll also love