CREAMY VEGAN TOMATO SAUCE
Who says you can't have creamy tomato sauce without dairy? This recipe takes advantage of canned tomatoes and is perfect in winter, when fresh tomatoes tend to look a little pale. A quick spin in the blender creates a rich, creamy base, which is then simmered with aromatics and spices. Serve with your favorite pasta!
Provided by Ineke M.
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place cashews, canned tomatoes (with their juices) and tomato paste in a blender and puree until very smooth. This can take a few minutes, depending on the strength of your blender.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sautée until golden. Add garlic and sautée for another 1-2 minutes, making sure not to burn it.
- Stir in the pureed tomato mix and bring to a simmer. Add herbs, salt and sugar and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, until sauce has slightly thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- If desired, stir in fresh diced tomato shortly before serving and simmer until heated through.
- Mix with, or serve over, your favorite cooked pasta and garnish with fresh basil.
More about "creamy vegan tomato sauce recipes"
CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - VEGAN RECIPES
Cuisine ItalianCategory Main CourseServings 4Total Time 45 mins
- Heat up a large skillet with 1 T. olive oil. When shimmering, add the sliced mushrooms. Cook until soft and slightly browned. Add the tomatoes and the spinach. Cook until the spinach is wilted, but still bright green. Set aside.
- Heat up a large skillet with 1 T. olive oil. When shimmering, add the onions. Sauté on medium to low heat, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft. Then add the garlic. Cook a few minutes more. Be careful to avoid burning the garlic.
- Add the tomato paste. Stir frequently and cook until the tomato pasta has caramelized, taking on a deep red, brownish color.
VEGAN PASTA WITH CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | EGGLESS COOKING
3.5/5 (2)Servings 3Cuisine ItalianCategory Pasta/Spaghetti See details »
VEGAN CREAMY TOMATO PASTA SAUCE | THE EDGY VEG
5/5 (2)Category MainCuisine ItalianTotal Time 40 mins See details »
10 BEST VEGAN CREAMY PASTA SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
THE BEST CREAMY VEGAN PASTA (W/ TOMATOES AND GARLIC) - FIT ...
4.8/5 (22)Calories 333 per servingCategory Dinner
- Place tomatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper onto baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss, making sure everything is coated. Roast at 400ºF 20 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, bring a pot of water to a boil. When water comes to a boil, add pasta to the water. Stir occasionally and remove when pasta is al dente. About 6-8 minutes. Strain pasta and set aside.
CREAMY TOMATO PASTA AL POMODORO - VEGAN - BIANCA ZAPATKA ...
5/5 (5)Category Lunch & Dinner, Main Course, Pasta, Side DishServings 4Total Time 20 mins
- In the meantime, make the sauce. Heat the oil in the pan and sauté the onion for about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until desired consistency is reached. Season with salt, pepper, Italian herbs, and a bit of sugar.
VEGAN GNOCCHI TOMATO CREAM SAUCE | SHORTGIRLTALLORDER
4.7/5 (27)Total Time 20 minsCategory Vegetarian PastaCalories 366 per serving
- Begin by boiling the gnocchi according to package/recipe instructions. Strain the gnocchi and add it to a cast iron skillet/ large pan.
- Once the gnocchi has cooked, make the sauce. Add the canned tomatoes, red pepper, oat/soy milk, nutritional yeast, chili flakes, and garlic powder to a blender. Blend the ingredients together until completely smooth and no chunks remain. Then, add the sauce to the same skillet with the gnocchi.
- Turn on the heat and cook the gnocchi and sauce in the skillet for about 5 minutes to thicken and heat the sauce. When finished, remove from the heat and top with fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!
EASY VEGAN TOMATO SAUCE | PASTA-BASED VEGAN RECIPES
4.1/5 (24)Total Time 30 minsCategory SauceCalories 135 per serving
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add minced garlic and stir until fragrant (make sure not to burn the garlic).
- While the garlic is cooking, add one 28 oz. can of peeled tomatoes to a blender and blend on high for about 10 seconds, or until roughly puréed. (This should be quick. Don't blend for too long.)
- Once the garlic is fragrant, add the puréed tomatoes into the pot and stir. Then, blend the next can and add that to the pot. Lastly, blend the third can and add to pot. Stir.
CREAMY VEGAN ROASTED TOMATO SAUCE - THE MINDFUL HAPA
Reviews 2Servings 4Cuisine American, ItalianCategory Main Dish
- When everything is evenly coated, spread in a single layer on your parchment lined baking tray and roast for 25 - 30 minutes, or until onions are browned.
- Add tomato + onion mixture to a high speed blender along with the remaining ingredients (except fresh basil). Blend on low fo 3-5 minutes or until smooth.
VEGAN CREAMY TOMATO PASTA WITH HERBS - GATHERING DREAMS
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 466 per serving See details »
CREAMY VEGAN TOMATO PASTA WITH TOFU | EARTH OF MARIA
5/5 (2)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 728 per serving
- Add the tofu cubes to a bowl with the tamari, rice vinegar and garlic granules. Stir well and set aside to marinade for 15 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, coconut milk, garlic cloves, taragon, paprika, onion granules, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and black pepper into a blender or food processor. Blend until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- Start cooking your pasta according to packaging instructions. Meanwhile, to a non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat, add the tofu with the marinade and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the red onion and bell pepper in the same frying pan with 1-2 tbsps water for 2 minutes, until softened.
CREAMY VEGAN TOMATO PARMESAN SAUCE RECIPE - QUICK AND EASY!
Cuisine ItalianCategory Dinner, LunchServings 4Total Time 45 mins
- Start by cooking the tagliatelle: With plenty of water and 1 tsp salt. When the tagliatelle are done, drain them. Then add about 1 tbsp of butter and mix well until the butter is melted. This prevents the tagliatelle from sticking together.
- Take a large frying pan and add butter, garlic and onion. Sautée on low/medium heat until tender (for about 5 minutes).
VEGAN TOMATO SOUP (CREAMY & PROTEIN PACKED) - ABBEY'S KITCHEN
5/5 (8)Total Time 25 minsCategory Appetizer, SoupCalories 290 per serving
- Add the olive oil to a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until fragrant and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, tomato sauce, broth, beans, nutritional yeast, maple, paprika and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, until the beans and squash are very soft.
- Puree with a hand blender or transfer to a stand alone blender and puree until smooth. f you prefer a thinner soup, add more broth and season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
VEGAN CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE GNOCCHI - CARVE YOUR CRAVING
5/5 (2)Category Lunch/ DinnerCuisine ItalianTotal Time 17 mins
- Wash 10-15 broccoli florets and steam in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, covered with a microwave safe lid. And it is al dente done without being mushy!
- Meanwhile warm up the pasta sauce, herbs, black pepper in a skillet. Once it comes to a simmer, stir in the cream and let it cook for 30 seconds.
PASTA WITH VEGAN CASHEW CREAM TOMATO SAUCE | WALDER ...
4.9/5 (27)Category Main CourseCuisine ItalianTotal Time 35 mins
- ***NOTE: Before you start making this recipe, you want to make sure that you soak the cashews in water for at least 4 hours. I find I remember to do this best the night before I make a recipe using them! If you have a high-speed blender, you can get away without soaking the cashews for as long. Simply cover them in boiling hot water when you start prepping the rest of the ingredients, and let them soak until you need to use them.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain when cooked.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend ingredients until smooth and creamy (should take only a few minutes). Adjust seasonings to taste.*If not using a high-speed blender, it may take a bit of additional liquid and time until the sauce is smooth.
- Finally, drain the pasta and return to the pot. Stir in the creamy tomato sauce, toss until pasta is coated, and serve. You can add some fresh basil, cracked pepper, or red pepper flakes on top if you'd like, too!
BAKED PENNE PASTA WITH CREAMY VEGAN TOMATO SAUCE | MOSTLY ...
Cuisine MAINS, PASTA AND GRAINS, RECIPESCategory Main DishServings 6Total Time 30 mins
- In a large stockpot, top with water and bring to a boil. Cook pasta according to manufacturers instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare cheese sauce. In a medium sized saucepan, over low heat, melt butter. Once the butter is melted, add the flour. Using a spatula mix well. Cook the mix and stir constantly for approx. 1-2 minutes to cook out the flour. It will have a thin paste like consistency.
VEGAN TOMATO CREAM PASTA ALLA VODKA - BIANCA ZAPATKA | RECIPES
5/5 (2)Servings 2Cuisine ItalianCalories 441 per serving
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package instructions. Then drain the cooking water, but reserve about 1/3 cup of the water to use for the sauce.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Optional step: Pour in the vodka and cook for 2-3 minutes over high heat, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Then transfer to a blender along with the canned tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, cashew nuts, and oregano and blend until smooth and creamy.
VEGAN CREAMY TOMATO PASTA (PINK SAUCE PASTA) - PLANT BASED ...
Category Main Course, PastaTotal Time 20 mins See details »
VEGAN TOMATO CREAM SAUCE - TEXANERIN BAKING
5/5 (4)Total Time 10 minsServings 2.67 See details »
TOMATO CREAM SAUCE – A COUPLE COOKS
See details »
CREAMY VEGAN PINK PASTA (30 MINUTES!) | MINIMALIST BAKER ...
See details »
12 END-OF-SUMMER TOMATO RECIPES TO TRY—INCLUDING VEGAN BLTS
See details »
KURCZAK W SOSIE POMIDOROWYM CHICKEN IN CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE ...
See details »
VEGAN CREAMY TOMATO PASTA – OTTAWA FARM FRESH
See details »
VEGAN CREAMY TOMATO PASTA (20 MINUTES!) - THE FIERY VEGETARIAN
See details »
THE BEST CREAMY VEGAN TOMATO PASTA SAUCE • MINDFULLY CHRISTINA
See details »
30-minutes-or-less time-to-make course cuisine preparation low-protein sauces condiments-etc european vegan vegetarian italian dietary low-cholesterol low-saturated-fat low-calorie low-carb healthy-2 low-in-something
You'll also love