CREOLE POTATO SALAD
- Add potatoes to a large pot of cold water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Mix together the eggs, mustards, mayonnaise, pickle relish and some salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Add the drained potatoes and stir well to combine.
A recipe from Chatelaine Food Express Quickies. You'll get the best results with freshly picked tomatoes.
Provided by Dreamer in Ontario
Yield 3 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes, green pepper and olives.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Toss with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.5, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 5.8, Carbohydrate 5.3, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 3.2, Protein 1.1
CREOLE CAESAR SALAD
- To prepare croutons, heat the oil in a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the bread cubes, stirring and tossing in the pan to evenly coat the bread with the oil. Sprinkle in the Cajun seasoning while stirring continuously. Toast for 5 minutes, until golden brown. Reserve for garnishing the salad.
- To make the dressing, place the anchovy and garlic into a food processor, cover, and pulse on and off several times. Add the egg, and, with the motor running, slowly add the vegetable and olive oils. Add the cheese, mustard, lemon and lime juices, water, Cajun seasoning, pepper, and salt; process briefly until ingredients are incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, toss romaine with the dressing, allowing approximately 3 tablespoons of the dressing per serving. Serve on chilled salad plates; top with croutons and additional Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until thoroughly mixed. Store in an airtight container. The spice mix keeps its best flavor for about two months.
LOUISIANA SUNBURST SALAD (CREOLE)
This recipe was found on the gumbopages.com website. Preparation time does not include the time needed for cranberries to soak overnight.
Provided by Sydney Mike
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Soak cranberries overnight in the port wine.
- The next morning, in a large mixing bowl, add oil, water, vinegar, Tabasco, cinnamon & sugar, & whisk until emulsified.
- Add the lettuces & toss, then season with salt & pepper.
- Divide the greens among 4 plates & garnish each with crumbled cheese, cranberries & almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238.7, Fat 19, SaturatedFat 4.2, Cholesterol 10.7, Sodium 397.5, Carbohydrate 9, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 3.6, Protein 6.3
CREOLE CAESAR SALAD WITH CORN BREAD CROUTONS
My love for okra began as a child and continues to border on just this side of insanity. I love okra. As a young boy, I would smuggle a brown bag full of fried okra into the movies as my better-than-popcorn snack. On Sunday nights, I was famous for making fried okra and creamed corn sandwiches with fresh slices of tomato and loads of Duke's mayonnaise. Years later, while studying in Italy, I realized that Italians also took leftover vegetables and made sandwiches. All you need are cold vegetables, bread, and mayo. The Caesar salad treatment makes this lighter than a sandwich, although if you want to give it more heft, you can add shrimp, chicken, or duck.
Provided by Alexander Smalls
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- For the salad:
- Place half the fried okra in a large bowl and add the romaine, corn, corn bread, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion. Add the dressing and toss until well coated.
- Divide the salad among six serving plates and top evenly with the remaining okra. Serve immediately.
- For the Creole Caesar dressing:
- In a small saucepan, combine the oil, garlic, and onion. Cook over low heat until the garlic and onion are golden and tender, about 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic and onion to a food processor; reserve the oil.
- Add the vinegar, bell pepper, celery, sugar, cayenne, mayonnaise, Parmesan, and a pinch each of salt and black pepper to the food processor. Pulse until smooth. With the machine running, add the oil in a thin stream and process until emulsified. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
More about "creole salad recipes"
TOP 6 CREOLE AND CAJUN SALAD RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Cajun Rice Salad. Believe it or not, you can have a picnic without potato or macaroni salad. This Cajun rice salad has similar ingredients but is a nice change from the usual.
- Cajun Chicken Salad With Pecans. Enjoy this Cajun chicken salad with pecans for a sandwich or to serve on lettuce leaves. While you might not be raising your own chickens and have lots of pecans from your own trees, you can find those at the store.
- Creamy Marinated Cucumber Salad. This creamy marinated cucumber salad can cool down your mouth after eating spicier Cajun fare. It's made with cucumbers, onions, mayonnaise, salt, sugar, and white pepper.
- Coleslaw. Coleslaw is delicious on its own, but you'll often find it on sandwiches as well. You can make a large batch so there is enough left over to put on pulled pork, ham sandwiches, and fried seafood po' boys instead of lettuce.
- Perfect Potato and Egg Salad. If it's already good, why mess with it? This may be the perfect potato and egg salad recipe. It includes celery, onion, curly parsley, mayo, and hard-cooked eggs as is typical.
- Tomato and Cucumber Salad. Cucumbers and tomatoes seem made to go together as in this tomato and cucumber salad. They both ripen about the same time each summer, so you can harvest your garden or pick them up from the farmers market.
10 BEST CAJUN OR CREOLE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
A DELICIOUS, FRESH CREOLE SALAD WITH PECANS - AMANPRANA RECIPE
4.7/5 (17)Servings 4Cuisine ItalianCategory Side Dish, Lunch, Main Dishes & Salad
SHRIMP BOIL PASTA SALAD - LOUISIANA COOKIN
CREOLE SHRIMP SALAD - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
CREOLE POTATO SALAD | CRYSTAL HOT SAUCE
CREOLE POTATO SALAD - A GOOD LIFE FARM
CREOLE FRUITED RICE SALAD | ZATARAIN'S - MCCORMICK
EASY CITRUS CREOLE SALAD DRESSING - TASTEEFUL RECIPES
CREOLE SALAD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
10 BEST CAJUN OR CREOLE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREOLE POTATO SALAD RECIPE - LIFE WITH JANET
CREOLE SALAD – PLACE AT THE TABLE
SWEET & SALTY SALADS ARCHIVES - THE CREOLE MELTING POT
CREOLE SHRIMP SALAD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CREOLE POTATO SALAD - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CAJUN PANZANELLA SALAD - SALT & LAVENDER
CREOLE TOMATO SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HOMEMADE CREOLE SEASONING BLEND | LAURA FUENTES
THIS CREOLE CAESAR IS THE SALAD OF SUMMER - EPICURIOUS
20+ EASY CREOLE RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE CREOLE FOOD FOR MARDI GRAS
CREOLE OLIVE SALAD | EMERILS.COM
CREOLE SALAD RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RECIPE OF STEAKS WITH CREOLE SALAD. - MEATS
CREOLE TOMATO SALAD | EMERILS.COM
CAJUN-STYLE POTATO SALAD | SOUTHERN LIVING
CREOLE OKRA SALAD - SALAD LALO KREOL - THE CREOLE MELTING POT
CREOLE RANCH POTATO SALAD | TONY CHACHERE'S
CREOLE POTATO SALAD | ZATARAIN'S - MCCORMICK
CREOLE CAPRESE SALAD - FOOD IS LOVE MADE EDIBLE
CREOLE SALADS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CREOLE POTATO SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CREOLE SALAD DRESSING - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CREAMY CREOLE POTATO SALAD | 12 TOMATOES
CREOLE PASTA SALAD - RIPEN UP YOUR LIFE!LIFE'S A TOMATO
CREOLE SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
44 COLD SALADS TO MAKE WHEN THE WEATHER GETS HOT - TASTE OF …
CREOLE TUNA SALAD - LAFAYETTE PARISH, LOUISIANA
THREE-BEAN SALAD WITH TOMATOES AND TANGY CREOLE DRESSING
CREOLE POTATO SALAD RECIPE / WATCH RECIPE DIRECTIONS
CREOLE RANCH POTATO SALAD • SALT & LAVENDER
CREOLE CHICKEN SALAD - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
CREOLE SMOKED POTATO SALAD - KITCHEN DIVAS
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #salads #vegetables #american #southern-united-states #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #summer #vegan #vegetarian #creole #dietary #seasonal #inexpensive #peppers #tomatoes #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love