CRISPIEST EVER POTATOES
Somewhere between oven-roasted potatoes and crispy hash, these little creamer potatoes are boiled in water with baking soda before being smashed. The alkaline in the baking soda helps the skins crisp up quickly. Smashing increases their surface area and contact with the pan. The result is the crunchiest-ever crust.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add the potatoes to a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Add the baking soda and 1 tablespoon salt to the water. Cover, place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Uncover and continue to boil until the potatoes give easily when pierced with the tip of a knife, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes and set the strainer over the top of the pan for a few minutes so the outsides of the potatoes can dry.
- Dump the potatoes onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and toss with the garlic, thyme and rosemary until the potatoes are completely coated in the oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Using a small juice glass or glass bowl, smash each potato firmly but gently. (You want to just crack the skins and flatten slightly while keeping the potatoes mostly intact.)
- Roast until the bottoms of the potatoes are deep golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and flip the potatoes using a spatula. Roast until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy on both sides, an additional 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a platter with a metal spatula. Serve while hot.
CRISPY POTATO CRUST
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heavily oil a 9-inch metal pie pan. Squeeze out excess liquid from grated potatoes and place in large bowl. Mix in salt And egg until well combined. Press potatoes into pie pan and up the sides. If mixture is too sticky, dip fingers in flour. Bake crust for 30 minutes or until it begins to turn golden brown, brushing occasionally with oil.
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat and cook onion until tender. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until golden brown.
- Spread grated cheese over bottom of potato crust. Spread out the onion and mushroom mixture over the cheese. In a medium bowl, whisk or beat together with a fork the eggs and the cream. Season mixture with salt and pepper and pour over vegetables and cheese.
- Reduce oven heat to 375 degrees F and bake for 40 minutes or until firm. Allow quiche to cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
CRISP ROASTED POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cover potatoes with water by 2 inches in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, season with salt, and reduce heat to a rapid simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes; drain. Gently smash each potato until slightly flattened but still in one piece (edges will split).
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil. Place potatoes on sheet in a single layer and brush tops with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Bake until golden brown and crisp, flipping once, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven, season with salt, and serve.
BEEF PIE WITH CRISP POTATO CRUST
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over a high heat. Add beef and cook for 10 mins until browned all over, then remove from pan. Cook onion for 7 mins until softened. Stir through mushrooms, then cook for 3 mins more until golden. Stir in tomato paste and flour and cook for 1 min more. Pour in wine and beef stock, bring to a simmer. Add beef back to pan. Cook, uncovered, over a gentle heat for around 2 hrs until meat is really tender, topping up with water if needed. Pour mixture into a 2 litre baking dish.
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5 and bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Cook the potatoes for 10 mins until beginning to soften. Cool under a running tap, then coarsely grate. Sprinkle over the beef and dot with butter. Pop in the oven and cook for 30 mins until the crust is nice and crispy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 21 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 0.66 milligram of sodium
CRISPY ROASTED POTATOES
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a large baking pan.
- Place potatoes into a large bowl.
- Whisk oil, onion powder, garlic salt, pepper, and paprika together in a small bowl. Pour over potato cubes, hand-tossing to coat. Place potatoes into the prepared pan, spreading them so that they are evenly dispersed.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Stir. Continue to bake until potatoes are crispy brown and tender, 10 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232.1 calories, Carbohydrate 36.5 g, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 195.2 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
POTATO CRUST QUICHE
My husband and I have lived in four different states, and we've grown potatoes in every one of them. I mostly make this dish for family, but company loves it, too. It's almost a meal in itself-all you need to add is a salad. -Nancy Smith, Scottsdale, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large bowl, combine crust ingredients; press into a well-greased 10-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. , Remove from oven; reduce heat to 350°. Add 1 cup cheese, onion, ham and broccoli to crust. Whisk the eggs, cream, salt and nutmeg; pour over broccoli. Sprinkle with paprika. , Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358 calories, Fat 15g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 155mg cholesterol, Sodium 833mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
CRISPY POTATO ROAST
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine butter and oil. Brush bottom of a round 9-inch baking dish with some butter mixture. With a sharp knife or mandoline, slice potatoes very thinly crosswise.
- Arrange potato slices vertically in dish. Wedge shallots throughout. Sprinkle with salt and red-pepper flakes (if using); brush with remaining butter mixture. Bake 1 1/4 hours. Add thyme and bake until potatoes are cooked through with a crisp top, about 35 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284 g, Fat 10 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6 g
EXTRA-CRISPY PARMESAN-CRUSTED ROASTED POTATOES
These potatoes combine the fluffy interior and crispy exterior of the best roasted potatoes with the crunchy cheese crust of Detroit-style pizza. The initial boil with aromatics adds herbal flavor to the potatoes, without the potential of burned herbs in the final roast, while baking soda in the water helps soften the surface of the potato, releasing starch. This starch combines with Parmesan and melted butter to form a flavorful slurry that crisps up and coats each potato chunk in a cheesy shell.
Provided by J. Kenji López-Alt
Categories dinner, vegetables
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Adjust oven rack to center position and heat to 425 degrees, or 400 degrees if using convection. (Convection is recommended, if available.) Combine potato chunks, 2 quarts water, baking soda and salt in a large saucepan.
- Cut a 10-by-10-inch square out of cheesecloth and place bay leaves, peppercorns, garlic cloves and herb sprigs in the center. Gather up the corners of the cloth into a pouch, and tie off with butcher's twine. Add bundle to the pot with potatoes, and set over high heat. Bring to a boil, and cook until you can poke a knife into a larger chunk of potato without any resistance, about 10 minutes after the water comes to a boil.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and discard aromatic bundle. Line a 13-by-18-inch rimmed aluminum baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add melted butter and Parmesan. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Toss and fold with a rubber spatula until Parmesan, butter and starch form a slurry over the surface of the potatoes, about 30 seconds. Transfer potatoes to the prepared baking sheet and spread out so they are mostly separated from one another. (At this point, they can be allowed to cool, then transferred to a sealed container and stored in the refrigerator until ready to roast.)
- Transfer baking sheet to oven and roast potatoes until pale golden brown and sizzling on the bottom, about 20 minutes. Flip potatoes using a thin metal spatula and continue roasting until crisp and blond-gold on most sides, about 15 to 20 minutes longer. (Check frequently toward the end, and don't allow the potatoes to cook beyond a deep gold, or they will turn bitter.)
- Remove potatoes from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a serving platter.
CRISPY POTATO PANCAKES
Here's a potato pancake recipe that doesn't take much time to make and is just right for two people. Weekends become our time to relax and enjoy life, and these potato pancakes are one of our favorite treats. -Nancy Salinas, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Finely grate potatoes; drain any liquid. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add egg, onion, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix well. , In a large skillet, heat 1/8 in. of oil over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 187 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 106mg cholesterol, Sodium 627mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
More about "crispy potato crust recipes"
PERFECTLY CRISPY CRUST BAKED POTATO EVERY TIME - JACKSON'S …
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Main Course, Side DishCalories 330 per serving
CRISPY JUICY FRIED CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CRISPY ROASTED POTATOES - STEAM & BAKE
CRISPY CRUNCHY PARMESAN POTATOES - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
CRISPY POTATO ROUNDS RECIPE - JUSTIN CHAPPLE | FOOD & WINE
CHEESE POTATO PANCAKES RECIPE WITH CRISPY CRUST
CRUSHED CRISPY POTATOES WITH CHEESE | RACHAEL RAY
THE BEST CRISPY ROAST POTATOES EVER RECIPE
CRISPY POTATO CRUST RECIPE
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES - AHEAD OF THYME
CRISPY CRUST PIE PAN - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY POTATOES | ALLRECIPES
CRISPY ROASTED PARMESAN POTATOES - RECIPETIN EATS
ULTRA-CRISPY NEW POTATOES WITH GARLIC, HERBS, AND LEMON RECIPE
FAMOUS CRISPY POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - BUILD YOUR BITE
CRISPY HASH BROWNS RECIPE - NYT COOKING
TRULY CRUNCHY ROAST POTATOES - RECIPETIN EATS
CRISPY POTATO CRUST RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO MAKE SALTY, CRISPY SKINNED OVEN BAKED POTATOES ...
CRISPY POTATO CRUST – RECIPES NETWORK
POTATO CRUST QUICHE - THE CLEAN EATING COUPLE
THE BEST CRISPY ROAST POTATOES YOU’LL EVER MAKE - A FOOD ...
THE EASIEST POTATO PIE CRUST - EVERYDAY PIE
CRISPY PARMESAN POTATOES (WITH DIP) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
WHOLE30 FRITTATA WITH A POTATO CRUST – MY ROI LIST
CRISPY POTATO CRUST QUICHE WITH KALE-AND-FONTINA RECIPE ...
VEGGIE POT PIES WITH CRISPY POTATOES - EVERGREEN KITCHEN
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make crispy baked potatoes?How to Make Crispy Potatoes 1 Use the right potato. Baking or russet style potatoes with higher starch content will always roast up crispier than waxy style potatoes like red or white skinned. 2 Up the heat. ... 3 Use enough oil. ... 4 Rough em up. ... 5 Go for a smash. ... 6 Add a coating. ... 7 Add some cheese. ... 8 Cook twice. ...
How do you cook potatoes in a pie crust pan?Press potatoes into pie pan and up the sides. If mixture is too sticky, dip fingers in flour. Bake crust for 30 minutes or until it begins to turn golden brown, brushing occasionally with oil. In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat and cook onion until tender.
How do you get that perfect crust on your potatoes?Here are some of our best tips and tricks for getting that great crust on your potatoes every time: Baking or russet style potatoes with higher starch content will always roast up crispier than waxy style potatoes like red or white skinned.
How do you make a crispy potato salad crust?Pre-bake your crust so that the potatoes have a chance to get crispy. While your crust is baking, whisk together your eggs and chop your veggies. Stir together until combined. After you bake the potato crust you can add in your egg/veggie mixture + bake again until cooked!