CUBAN-STYLE ROAST PORK
- Grind garlic, salt, black pepper, cumin, oregano, and coriander into a paste using a mortar and pestle.
- Transfer half of the garlic and spice paste to a bowl; add lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, and vinegar. Beat the mixture with a whisk until smooth.
- Cut several inch-long, deep slits into the fatty side of the pork roast. Rub the reserved garlic paste into the slits.
- Put rubbed roast into a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Pour the liquid mixture over the roast, squeeze as much air from the bag as possible and seal; refrigerate, turning occasionally, 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove pork roast from refrigerator, put into a roasting pan, and let warm at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Roast pork in preheated oven for 30 minutes, reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and continue cooking until pork is no longer pink in the center, about 2 hours more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 170 degrees F (75 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265.1 calories, Carbohydrate 2.1 g, Cholesterol 85.5 mg, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 29.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 539.9 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
CUBAN PORK SANDWICHES
Florida restaurants introduced the simple, delicious flavors of this Cuban favorite to the United States. If you don't have leftover roast pork, just pick up some from the deli.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- For each sandwich, spread one cut side of each bun with 1/2 teaspoon mustard and the other side with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise. Layer pork, ham, cheese and 3 pickle slices in each bun, folding meats or cheese to fit if necessary. Press sandwiches firmly with palm of hand to flatten to about 1-inch thickness.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brush tops of sandwiches with melted butter. Place sandwiches, buttered sides down, in skillet. Brush bottoms with remaining butter. Cook about 6 minutes, turning once, until crisp and brown on both sides.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, ServingSize 1 Sandwich, Sodium 1140 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1 g
CUBAN-STYLE PORK SANDWICHES
Loaded with tangy flavor, this is a lighter version of a favorite restaurant-style sandwich. If you don't have a panini maker, tuck the sandwiches under the broiler until the bread is browned and the cheese melted. -Robin Haas, Cranston, Rhode Island
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Place onion wedges and broth in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, 5 garlic cloves, vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, cumin, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper; rub over pork. Add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours., Remove meat; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. In another small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and remaining garlic and lemon juice; spread over buns. Layer bun bottoms with pork, cheese, sliced onion and pickles; replace tops., Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill until buns are browned and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 415 calories, Fat 18g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 90mg cholesterol, Sodium 943mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
CUBAN ROASTED PORK SANDWICHES
For an incredible hot sandwich, slowly roast pork in a seasoned citrus marinade, then layer slices of meat with pickles, zippy mustard, ham and cheese. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 24 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cut sixteen 1-in. slits in pork; insert garlic slices. In a large bowl, combine the onions, orange juice, lime juice and seasonings. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into another large bowl; add pork and turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight, turning pork occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade., Preheat oven to 350°. Drain pork, discarding drained marinade. Place pork and reserved marinade in a shallow roasting pan. Bake tender, 3-1/2 to 4 hours, basting occasionally. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing., Meanwhile, cut each loaf of bread in half lengthwise; flatten slightly. Spread cut side with butter; spread crust side with mustard. Cut pork into thin slices. Layer pickles, pork, ham and cheese over the mustard. Replace tops so buttered side is outward. Cut each loaf into sixths., Cook in batches on a panini maker or indoor grill for 4-5 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 590 calories, Fat 27g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 119mg cholesterol, Sodium 1206mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 39g protein.
CUBAN PORK ROAST II
- In a small bowl, mix together crushed garlic, rosemary, dill, oregano, and red wine. Place roast in a large plastic or glass container, pour wine mixture over meat, and cover. Marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Transfer meat to a Dutch oven. Make eight to ten 1 inch deep cuts into the meat with a sharp knife. Insert a whole peeled garlic clove into each hole. Pour marinade over meat, and cover.
- Roast for 35 minutes per pound, or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 632.7 calories, Carbohydrate 2.9 g, Cholesterol 170.1 mg, Fat 39.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 56.8 g, SaturatedFat 13.8 g, Sodium 121.4 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
CUBAN PORK ROAST SANDWICH
Recipe attempting to recreate a recently closed sandwich shop in Seattle. I merged a few recipes I found online. I use a Traeger pellet grill for slow cooking the pork, but I suppose you can use any slow cooking technique.
Provided by BajaVilla.com
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Prepare Pork for Slow Cooking (1 day):.
- Combine marinade ingredients.
- Stab the pork all over to allow for better marinade penetration.
- Marinade pork for 12-24 hours.
- Remove from marinade and bring to room temperature (reserve marinade for later).
- Heat large skillet with a small amount of olive oil until smoking hot.
- Sear pork on all sides in skillet.
- Leave the pan alone and keep it for cooking onions later.
- Place pork in roasting pan, and pour marinade into pan (ideally pan should be about 3 inches wider/longer then pork.).
- Loosely tent pan with foil.
- Slow Cook Pork (preferably use Traeger pellet grill):.
- Place in 300 degree oven (or preferably Traeger pellet grill).
- Cook for 2 hours tented.
- Reduce heat to 250.
- Cook for 1 more hour uncovered, basting every 20 minutes with marinade.
- Turn Pork over and cook for 1 more hour, basting every 20 minutes with marinade.
- Your cooking time will vary depending on meat and pan size. Uncovering the pan is done to reduce the marinade. Your goal is to use most of the marinade but not to burn it. You will still have considerable burnt and caramelized pieces at the end of the cooking cycle. Re-cover the pan if necessary, to preserve liquid. The pork should basically fall apart by the end of the cooking cycle.
- Remove pork, cover with foil and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Pull the pork apart into medium sized chunks with claws.
- Aioli (prepare while cooking pork and refrigerate):.
- Soak white bread in vinegar.
- Place it in a kitchen aid mixer with all remaining ingredients EXCEPT olive oil.
- Whip on medium setting until thoroughly blended.
- Slowly drizzle in NON-Extra virgin (regular) Olive Oil. Increase speed of the mixer as it begins to emulsify and turn into a mayonnaise-like consistency.
- Place in refrigerator.
- Caramelize Onions (Prepare while letting the pork rest):.
- Cut onion into thick slices (about 1/2 inch wide).
- Heat pan used for searing pork over Medium/low heat adding a little olive oil.
- Add onion to pan.
- Slowly caramelize onions, stirring occasionally. Onions should be soft and browned, but not burnt.
- Prepare the sandwich:.
- The original used a harder roll sliced completely in half. I use a Bahn Mi roll cut more like a Philly steak sandwich bun. I get my buns at Q Bakery in Columbia City. This allows me to stuff the sandwich and not have a complete mess.
- Cut roll and LIGHTLY toast inside.
- Spread Aioli generously on inside.
- Add some cilantro, a branch of romaine, a few jalapeños, some caramelized onions, and stuff with pork.
- Finally, eat the best sandwich ever.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 787.8, Fat 52, SaturatedFat 11.8, Cholesterol 108.2, Sodium 902.4, Carbohydrate 50.7, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 8.2, Protein 29.4
More about "cuban pork roast sandwich recipes"
CUBAN PORK SANDWICH (CUBANOS) FROM CHEF MOVIE | …
5/5 (22)Total Time 25 minsCategory Lunch, SandwichCalories 407 per serving
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add ham and pork slices, and cook each side until slightly browned then remove to a plate.
- Butter cut sides of baguettes then place in the skillet, cut side down, for 2 minutes until lightly browned. Remove onto work surface.
- Layer the bottom of the baguettes with pork, ham, then cheese and pickles. Cut, break or fold the ham, pork and cheese so they fit. Spread the cut side of the bun tops with mustard then place on the sandwich.
MOJO CUBAN ROAST PORK | RECIPETIN EATS
4.8/5 (55)Total Time 3 hrs 15 minsCategory Pork, RoastCalories 538 per serving
- Combine Marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend until the herbs and garlic are finely chopped. Alternatively, you can finely chop/mince the garlic and herbs then mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove the pork from the Marinade and leave on counter for 1 hour (bring to room temp). Reserve the Marinade.
CUBAN SANDWICH RECIPE | TASTING TABLE
4.8/5 (45)Category Main CourseCuisine CubanTotal Time 40 mins
- Make the roast pork: Preheat the oven to 450° and line a sheet pan with foil. In a mini food processor, combine all of the pork ingredients, except for the tenderloin, and purée until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and add the tenderloin, tossing to coat. Cover in plastic and let marinate on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the tenderloin to the prepared sheet pan and pour the marinade over top. Roast until the pork has reached an internal temperature of 140° on an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes, then carve into ¼-inch slices on a bias.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sandwiches: Rub the outer side of the top and bottom of each loaf with 1 tablespoon of the softened butter and arrange, butter-side down, on a cutting board. Spread 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard on the inside of each piece of bread. On the bottom half of each loaf, layer a quarter of the ham, followed by a quarter each of the pickle slices, roast pork and cheese. Season with a pinch of salt and close with the top half of the bread. Repeat with the remaining loaves and fixings.
- Heat up a panini maker according to the directions. Then, working in batches, press the sandwiches until golden brown and the cheese has melted, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a board and cut each one in half on a bias, then serve.
ROASTED PORK CUBAN SANDWICH - CREOLE CONTESSA
Reviews 18Total Time 4 hrs 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
CUBAN PORK SANDWICH - MOMSDISH
4.9/5 (122)Total Time 4 hrs 30 minsCategory Meats, SandwichCalories 1124 per serving
- Place pork in a deep dish with orange juice, juice form limes, garlic, onion, parsley and season it with salt and pepper.
- Remove chunks of onion and garlic from the marinate. Place pork with marinate in an iron cast oven, bake at 250F for 3 hours. You can also use a slow cooker, cook on high for 5 hours. Pull pork off the bone into tiny pieces, leave it resting in its juices.
- Once the pork is cooked, prepare ingredients for the sandwich: Cut onion into 2 inch pieces, saute on a skillet until golden brown.
CUBAN SANDWICHES RECIPE | GOURMET TRAVELLER
Cuisine Latin AmericanAuthor Lisa FeatherbyServings 6Total Time 4 hrs 40 mins
- For Cuban bread, mix yeast, lard, 400gm flour and 410ml lukewarm water in a bowl until dough is spongy. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Add remaining flour, sugar and 1 tsp salt, transfer to an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, but still soft (2-3 minutes; or knead by hand for 5 minutes). Divide dough into 6 pieces, roll each into a ball, roll out to a 25cm square, then roll the dough up tightly to form a log, taper the ends, and seal the seams. Place on a lightly greased baking tray, loosely cover with plastic wrap held off the dough by placing on upturned cups, and stand at room temperature until doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- For mojo pork, preheat oven to 150C and combine ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and refrigerate to marinate (1-2 hours). Place pork and marinade in a roasting pan and roast, adding a little water to pan if necessary to prevent base burning, until tender (3-3½ hours). If skin hasn't crackled, place it under a hot grill for 2-4 minutes. Set aside to cool, then chop crackling and meat, place in a bowl and coat with pan juices.
- Increase oven to 195C, fill a roasting pan a quarter of the way up the sides with boiling water and place in the base of the oven to steam. Place bread on the middle tray, spray oven with water, quickly close the door, reduce oven to 180C and bake, spraying oven twice more (quickly to avoid heat escaping), until bread is risen and golden and sounds hollow when tapped (15-18 minutes). Cool on a wire rack (1 hour), then halve horizontally.
- Heat a sandwich press to medium-high. Butter the outsides of bread and spread Dijon on the inside, then layer with ham, pork, crackling, Swiss cheese, pickles, onion and coriander. Sandwich bread and grill, pressing to flatten, until golden and cheese melts (2-4 minutes), then serve.
CUBAN ROAST PORK SHOULDER: STEP-BY-STEP RECIPE
Cuisine CubanTotal Time 9 hrsCategory DinnerCalories 249 per serving
- Chop 8 cloves of garlic (or use a garlic press as I did). Squeeze the orange and lime juice in order to get 120 and 60 ml. Mix chopped garlic and juice in a medium-sized bowl. Add 2 tsp of cumin, 2 tsp of freshly grounded pepper, 1 tsp of oregano, 60 ml of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Using a whisk (or a fork in a pinch) whip all the ingredients in order to get a homogeneous mass. Taste it, the marinade should seem a bit salty. Divide the mass into 2 parts, one put into the fridge.
- Take a suitable bag, put the meat in there, and use one more for durability. Pour the rest of the sauce to the bag and tie it up. The second bag you can just wrap up. Then put it to the fridge for 2-10 hours.
- 15-20 minutes before cooking, warm the oven up to 135 degrees. Meanwhile, prepare a small deep baking sheet and cover it with 2 layers of foil crisscrossed. Fold it twice in advance. Keep in mind that foil should rise above the baking sheet for 10-15 cm.
CUBAN SANDWICH RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
5/5 (4)Category Main CourseCuisine American, CubanCalories 621 per serving
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise. Butter the bottom half with 2 tablespoon softened butter. Spread the mustard on the top half.
- Layer the sandwich with roast pork, sliced ham, Swiss cheese and dill pickles. Top the Cubano with the top bread slice.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill the Cuban sandwich for 5-6 minutes per side, pressing it down very firmly with another pan or spatula to "press" it tightly, until warmed through and bread is nice and crispy.
CUBAN SANDWICH, OR SANDWICH CUBANO
5/5 (1)Total Time 17 minsCategory Dinner, LunchCalories 642 per serving
CUBAN PORK SANDWICHES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 959 per servingTotal Time 12 hrs 40 mins
- Sprinkle pork with cumin and pepper. Place in a large, plastic resealable bag with garlic and 2 Tbsp. oil. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Transfer pork to a baking sheet, season with salt and tuck thin end under itself. Roast for 8 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and roast for 10 minutes. Let pork cool for about 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice pork. Spread 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise on each of 4 sandwich-roll tops; spread 2 tsp. mustard on each of 4 bottoms. Distribute ham, cheese, pork and pickle slices evenly and close sandwiches.
- Heat a medium cast-iron skillet or other heavybottomed pan over high heat. In a large skillet or griddle, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-low heat. Place two sandwiches in large skillet. Press preheated medium pan on top to weigh down sandwiches; cook for 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat process with remaining sandwiches. Serve with potato salad or chips.
ULTIMATE CUBAN SANDWICH RECIPE (TIPS & TRICKS, MAKE AHEAD ...
Reviews 6Category Main DishCuisine MexicanEstimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Slice bread in halve lengthwise then in half vertically. Heat a panini press, grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Working in batches if needed, toast all halves of the bread, cut side down until golden, about 2 minutes (prevents soggy bread). Remove to a flat worksurface; set aside.
- Whisk the mustard, mayonnaise and 1 ½ tablespoon mojo marinade together in a small bowl. (Use the marinade from the 1 ½ cups unused, reserved marinade in the Cuban mojo pork recipe). Spread over all 4 cut sides of the bread.
- Layer the bottom of one baguette with a quarter of the cheese, half the pickles, half the pork, half the ham, then top with a quarter of cheese (the cheese glues everything together). Repeat with second baguette, using the rest of the ingredients.
- For a panini press: heat over medium heat. Brush the bottom and top of the grill with butter. Grill for approximately 6 minutes or until golden and the cheese is melted.
AUTHENTIC CUBAN PORK ROAST - COCO AND ASH
4.9/5 (9)Category Dinner, Main CourseCuisine Cuban
- Combine all of the ingredients (except the pork) in a food processor or blender and blend until completely liquified.
- Line a roasting pan with foil and place the roasting rack in the pan. Place the pork, skin side down on the roasting rack. Add 2 cups of water to the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Using a meat injector, inject all of the marinade into the pork.Try not to puncture the skin underneath. I like to go in from the side to make sure I'm not puncturing the skin. Just try to inject as many spots as you can to really get the marinade throughout the entire pork. (If you feel like you've maxed out on the inside of the pork, just take any left over marinade and rub it all over the outside of the pork)
- Cover the pork with foil as tightly as you can to create a seal. Refrigerate overnight or at least for 6 hours. (I prefer overnight but 6 hours will do if you're shorter on time.)
SLOW-ROASTED PORK CUBAN SANDWICH RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
Servings 10Total Time 12 hrs 15 minsCategory Main-Dish
SMOKED CUBAN PORK | THIS AIN'T THE MINOR LEAGUES!
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
ROAST PORK CUBANO SANDWICHES - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
4/5 (4)Category LunchCuisine CubanCalories 730 per serving
CUBAN PORK SANDWICH | CAMP CHEF RECIPES
CUBANOS: ROAST PORK SHOULDER SANDWICHES | THERMOWORKS
CUBAN SANDWICH ROAST PORK RECIPES
THE ORIGINAL CUBAN SANDWICH COLUMBIA RESTAURANT RECIPE
CUBAN PORK ROAST I - CARIBBEAN
CUBAN-STYLE ROAST PORK SHOULDER WITH MOJO RECIPE
CUBAN ROAST PORK RECIPE – MY CUBAN FOOD
#main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #pork #caribbean #cuban #meat #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions