'STEEL MAGNOLIAS'-INSPIRED CUPPA CUPPA CUPPA CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and fruit cocktail (including the juice). Pour into a well-greased 8" by 8" baking dish, or an 8-inch cast iron skillet. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until it's-as Truvy would say-"gold and bubbly."
- Top with vanilla ice cream, to "cut the sweetness," of course.
5 CUP SLICE
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Grease and line a 20 x 30 cm lamington/sponge roll tin with baking paper.
- Make sure the paper extends up and over the sides.
- Sprinkle the pan evenly with sultana, chocolate bits, peanuts and coconut.
- Drizzle the condensed milk over the top.
- Cover with a piece of greased foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180C/350F, remove the foil and bake for about 15 minutes until golden and firm.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in the pan.
- Drizzle with the melted chocolate and allow to set.
- Remove and slice to serve.
ONE CUP SLICE
Taken from Super Food Ideas and thought would be good (but not suitable for a family of diabetics) but did think to make it for DS's recreation group but would much rather give them a recipe that it not my own to give that recipe a review. Hopefully someone will think likewise and give this one a try.
Provided by ImPat
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 24 bars, 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 190c (or 170c fan forced).
- Line a 26cm x 16cm lamington pan with baking paper.
- Place coconut, nuts and fruit in a large mixing bowl.
- Add milk and 1/4 cup of choc bits, mix well to combine and coat ingredients.
- Press mixture evenly into pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, uncover slice and reduce heat to 160c (140c fan forced) and bake for a further 20 minutes more or until firm and golden; remove pan from oven.
- Immediatly scatter 3/4 cup of chocolate bits over hot layer and allow to melt and using a flexible spatula spread the chocolate evenly.
- Cool and cut into slices.
DILL CUCUMBER SLICES
Pickling is an essential skill for preserving the bounty that comes from the agrarian South. Here, two sons of the South - the cookbook authors Matt and Ted Lee - use the traditional boiling-pot method to preserve cucumber slices. Packing slices instead of whole cucumbers allows greater volume per jar, and slices are easier to serve. These pickles, adapted from a recipe used at Stone Barns in New York, get some slight heat and personality from garlic and chilies. The latter can be omitted for a milder end result.
Provided by The New York Times
Yield 2 quarts
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Boil a stockpot of water as deep as the shoulder of a quart jar.
- Wash cucumbers and slice on a mandoline into 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- In a small saucepan bring sugar, salt, vinegar and 2 cups water to a boil over high heat; remove from heat and set aside.
- Distribute peppercorns, dill, garlic and chilies equally between two sterilized 1-quart jars, then pack jars with cucumber slices. Fill each jar with vinegar solution to 1/2-inch from rim.
- Partly close jars, leave gap for steam to escape, and place in boiling water for 10 minutes. Carefully remove jars with jar lifter or 2 tongs and close lids tightly. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 24, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 229 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
CEIL'S CUCUMBER SLICES
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cucumber slices, onions, and green peppers.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the salt, celery seed, vinegar and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil. Allow the mixture to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine the mixture in the mixing bowl with the mixture in the saucepan. Pack into sterile jars and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 43.2 calories, Carbohydrate 10.8 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.3 g, Sodium 437.2 mg, Sugar 9.7 g
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Unfold puff pastry sheets, and place flat onto baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and puffed. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, custard powder and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Mix in just enough milk to form a paste, then gradually mix in the rest. This will prevent lumps from forming. Add the butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until thick. You may need to use a whisk to ensure a smooth consistency. When the mixture comes to a simmer, cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, and stir in the egg yolks and vanilla.
- Line a 9 inch baking dish with aluminum foil. Place one of the baked pastry sheets in the bottom of the dish. Spread the custard filling in an even layer over the pastry, and top with the other sheet.
- Mix the confectioners' sugar with 1 tablespoon of milk, and a dash of vanilla to make an icing. Spread over the top of the pastry. Refrigerate until the custard layer is firm. Remove from the pan and slice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357.7 calories, Carbohydrate 47.5 g, Cholesterol 39.7 mg, Fat 16.6 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 130.5 mg, Sugar 24.2 g
More about "cuppa slice recipes"
ONE CUP SLICE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
JELLY SLICE | BEST EVER RECIPE | COOKING WITH NANA LING
MELT ‘N’ MIX SULTANA SLICE RECIPE - CAULDRONS AND CUPCAKES
COCONUT AND JAM SLICE RECIPE & COUNTRY FUNERALS
CONDENSED MILK SLICE - THE 5 CUP RECIPE - MY KIDS LICK THE BOWL
CARAMEL MACADAMIA SLICE | RECIPE | SLICES RECIPES, CARAMEL SLICE, …
CLASSIC VANILLA SLICE - SO EASY! - WWW.THESCRANLINE.COM
EASY NO-BAKE SLICES | 30+ MOST POPULAR RECIPES
OLD FASHIONED SLICE RECIPES - BAKE PLAY SMILE
BEST 5 CUP SLICE RECIPES AND 5 CUP SLICE COOKING IDEAS
CUPPA CUPPA COBBLER – WE ARE ALL MAGIC
CUPPA CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
FIVE-CUP SLICE RECIPE
COCONUT SLICE RECIPE - EASY AND DELICIOUS | THE WHOOT
CUPPA CUPPA CUPPA COBBLER – THE FOUNTAIN AVENUE KITCHEN
LEMON SLICE RECIPE | BEST EVER | COOKING WITH NANA LING
CUPPA BERRY COBBLER - THREE MANY COOKS
ALL THE SLICE RECIPES YOU'LL EVER NEED | SBS FOOD
CUPPA SLICE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
ONE CUP SLICE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
VANILLA CUSTARD SLICE RECIPE - THE COOKING COLLECTIVE
WORLD BEST COCONUT COOKING RECIPES: CUPPA SLICE
CUPPA PEACH COBBLER RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
21 EASY SWEET SLICE RECIPES | MYFOODBOOK
ONE-CUP SLICE | RECIPE | RECIPES, SLICES RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES
21 BEST SLICE RECIPES - BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS
BEST CHOCOLATE SLICE COOKIES RECIPES | BAKE WITH ANNA OLSON
5 CUP SLICE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
160 CUPPA TEA AN A SLICE A CAKE IDEAS | CUPPA TEA, TEA, CUPPA
.5 CUPS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS.COM
5 CUP SLICE - MOUTHWATERING MUNCHIES
LEMON SLICE RECIPE RECIPE | BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS
QUICK ANSWER: HOW MANY SLICES OF CHEESE IN A CUP
CARAMEL SLICE | RECIPETIN EATS
PERFECT WITH A CUPPA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #south-west-pacific #desserts #australian #oven #cookies-and-brownies #bar-cookies #dietary #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love